Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couples with 1.5 millions complain that they are low income

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds View Post
    Investment is not that simple of course. For the common folks, at the very least you must know your limit and how much you should leverage because you do not quite know how low is low and how high is high since most people are blinded by greed.

Making good and sound investment decision need experience and wisdom. Why did Li Ka Shing start selling off his China's investment in 2011 while many others were still trying to get in?

Most of us are not Li, hence, we must be prudence and learn from successful or rich people. However, we are often our own worst enemy when come to investment. Greed kills!
    We are talking about common folks stand point. No point discussing about those tycoons. Wherever and whatever they do of course it will create wave. A simple question yet can't answer. What is the best ROI for limited resources common folks?

Any one can show any investment better than Arcachon's other than education, family and own business?

Thumbs up

Duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    This area not sure if others will agree with me.

All of my overseas holidays, my parents and in laws were with me. There was even once we brought both sides' parents. It will be too late when the day comes when their health do not permit them to travel.

Another "investment" is to invest in family. Not necessarily money, but also any time that you can spare.

Learning about humanity means really going down to serve people who need it.

For most Singaporeans with family, life can be very simple if they so choose.
    I agree with you. My parents passed away early when I was not capable of bringing them overseas. Now, I initiated to bring my mother-in-law overseas when there is any chances and try to organize a family overseas holidays with all my brother/sister-in-laws, nephews and nieces. I like to see my mother-in-law happy going holidays with all her children and grand-children.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    What kind of person is that "someone"? Not a good grandparent/parent i'll bet.
    what kind of grandparent would take money from their grandchildren?
    what kind of parent would take money from their children?

sigh....they don't make parent and grandparent like they used to, the kind that sacrificed their lives and happiness for their children and grandchildren.
    But there is still hope for Singapore, the lawyer knows the meaning of sacrifice. Sacrifice the past for the future.

This is how we, "Chinese" are brought up. When we started to work, it is our responsibility to give some allowance to our parents, whether more or less, I doubt the parents will mind. Don't wait for the parents to open their mouth and ask/remind their children for the allowance. Though we cannot use money to measure whether a person is filial or not but at least give our parents some allowance so that they can have some money on hand and occassionlly can buy something that they like.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    This is how we, "Chinese" are brought up. When we started to work, it is our responsibility to give some allowance to our parents, whether more or less, I doubt the parents will mind. Don't wait for the parents to open their mouth and ask/remind their children for the allowance. Though we cannot use money to measure whether a person is filial or not but at least give our parents some allowance so that they can have some money on hand and occassionlly can buy something that they like.

my dad retired on the very day i graduated...

i give me mom some allowance every mth ( more as i my salary grew) since my very first pay check.

its been over 20 yrs .... my mom spends very little .... and she saves most of it without telling me...

she recently showed me her bank acc .... and told me if i ever need cash urgently, she can help ... and that when she passes on.... the money will be given back to me ... and she asks that i go to the bank and add my name as Joint account ...

frankly the couple with 1.5M can always monazite their current holding but they refuse. so wat to do? own choices. live with it.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    my dad retired on the very day i graduated...

i give me mom some allowance every mth ( more as i my salary grew) since my very first pay check.

its been over 20 yrs .... my mom spends very little .... and she saves most of it without telling me...

she recently showed me her bank acc .... and told me if i ever need cash urgently, she can help ... and that when she passes on.... the money will be given back to me ... and she asks that i go to the bank and add my name as Joint account ...
    That's right. I gave my mum and dad (Dad still working) allowance when they were still around, though not much as at that time, my pay was very low. My dad had my name in his bank account and deposited the allowance that I gave him in the joint account. When he passed away, we closed this account and money was shared among my brothers and sisters, though my brother said since this money was from my allowance, I could take it back but I told them, since I had given to Dad, then that was already Dad's money and it was okay to be distributed out.

Now my 2 children gave me allowance, so I deposited the allowance separately into 2 accounts. When I am not around, I will return back to them, hope that there will be no argument later on.

Actually 1.5m to them may consider low but to others, it may consider high. Total income $160k pa is equivalent to approx. $13k per month, hmmmm.... not eligible for EC leh.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Actually 1.5m to them may consider low but to others, it may consider high. Total income $160k pa is equivalent to approx. $13k per month, hmmmm.... not eligible for EC leh.
    EC limit $14k

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp View Post
    EC limit $14k
    they must sell existing property which likly they refuse. they want the best of both world. take benefit but dont want to take the conditions that come with benefits. Many are like that. they rather hug what they have refuse all options and complain they are disadvantaged.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp View Post
    EC limit $14k
    Ha, I tend to be very forgetful nowadays. $14 can afford to buy private condo also.