Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore election 2015

Default Singapore election 2015

This is worth spreading- Having spoken to many young or first time voters, I drew a personal conclusion that there are 5 kinds of voters who may "surprisingly and unknowingly" turn the fate of Singapore to a dangerous state.

1) One who knows that opposition parties are not ready to take over the government yet still vote for them

2) One who wants opposition to be in parliament for the sake of having one and therefore vote for them

3) One who decides to vote the opposition party because they assume that "anyway PAP is going to win"

4) One who is easily sweetened by promises, blinded in reality and vote for the sales MP

5) One who is angry with the government yet doesn't look at the bigger picture of certain policy and do not even know what the other parties can offer.

If you are one those 5 mentioned, you are endangering your own future and your children's future.

Look around you and ask

A) Who can represent me, my children and my future?
    B) Which party is sensible, credible and honest?
    C) Will I see a future in this country governed by a new party?
    D) Which party will be for you and with you even in times of crisis? E) Who will you vote if you are that one deciding vote for your
    own future?

So I urge you to vote wisely and vote with your FUTURE in mind.

Don't be short term and naive, look at every candidate and see if this is the person you want to represent you.

I am not asking you to vote for a particular party but to use not just your heart and also your brains to look beyond the promises and proposals made at party rallies.

Can't see any viable option for me. I will just vote for PAP.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Default PAP will easily win >60% of votes in GE-2015!

Don't try to scare people lah, I read some analysis on internet some where and it makes a lot of sense, so I quote here for all the read and consider:

"Think only the poor, the PGP old, and the government civil servants & GLCs employees vote for PAP.....
    Mind you, civil servants + GLCs probably make up 30% of voters?
    + PGP old and poor people easily another 20% in PAP's bag
    + some other hard-core PAP supporters
    = easily >60% of votes!

This General Election don't expect too much, PAP surely win most constituencies except may be:
    1) Hougang
    2) Aljunied GRC
    3) Punggol East (with all the PAP misleading statements and self pawned.....)
    4) East Coast GRC
    5) Fengshan

The rest of the constituencies fat hope lah!
    "

You can read more discussions here to refute the scare-mongering going on:

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    This is worth spreading- Having spoken to many young or first time voters, I drew a personal conclusion that there are 5 kinds of voters who may "surprisingly and unknowingly" turn the fate of Singapore to a dangerous state.

1) One who knows that opposition parties are not ready to take over the government yet still vote for them

2) One who wants opposition to be in parliament for the sake of having one and therefore vote for them

3) One who decides to vote the opposition party because they assume that "anyway PAP is going to win"

4) One who is easily sweetened by promises, blinded in reality and vote for the sales MP

5) One who is angry with the government yet doesn't look at the bigger picture of certain policy and do not even know what the other parties can offer.

If you are one those 5 mentioned, you are endangering your own future and your children's future.

Look around you and ask

A) Who can represent me, my children and my future?
    B) Which party is sensible, credible and honest?
    C) Will I see a future in this country governed by a new party?
    D) Which party will be for you and with you even in times of crisis? E) Who will you vote if you are that one deciding vote for your
    own future?

So I urge you to vote wisely and vote with your FUTURE in mind.

Don't be short term and naive, look at every candidate and see if this is the person you want to represent you.

I am not asking you to vote for a particular party but to use not just your heart and also your brains to look beyond the promises and proposals made at party rallies.

For this election, other than Aljunied, Hougang and Ponggol East who are likely to vote for the WP, the people in East Coast, Marine Parade, Fengshan and Holland-Bukit Timah will need to cast their votes with a higher level of responsibility similar to what the people of Aljunied faced in GE 2011. These wards are faced with good candidates from both the WP and SDP and their votes will decide if Singapore can have an effective Parliamentary system with more than one-third of opposition seats in Parliament. For other wards, votes do not have to shoulder this responsibility.

Effective parliament = effective government?

To have voices is one thing. To roll up sleeve and do it is another.

As voters, we should/must avoid the diffusion of responsibility.

Parliament is a serious place where laws and policies are made that affect our future and our lives. Members of Parliament are there for that purpose and not to fix your light bulbs. Our British styled Parliamentary system works only if there is at least two strong parties.

Interesting.
    "Our" future.
    "Our" lives.
    "Our" British styled parliamentary system.
    But "Your" light bulbs?
    Hhhmmm...

Nevertheless, keyword here is "strong". "Strong" in terms of consistent regular on-going performances and results, not once-in-a-blue-moon one-off adhoc campaign activities and sales talk.

Singapore has no natural resources nor enough drinking water. We can achieved what we have so far due to our strong government.

The first thing is whether there two strong parties in Singapore.

It is unhealthy to vote just for balancing reasons. For me, I do not care the style of the parliament.

Effectiveness and long-term sustainability are of high priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Parliament is a serious place where laws and policies are made that affect our future and our lives. Members of Parliament are there for that purpose and not to fix your light bulbs. Our British styled Parliamentary system works only if there is at least two strong parties.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    The first thing is whether there two strong parties in Singapore.

It is unhealthy to vote just for balancing reasons. For me, I do not care the style of the parliament.

Effectiveness and long-term sustainability are of high priority.
    I think the contrary is true. Look elsewhere and you will find many single party countries falling over an extended period of time. A more democratic system will ensure continuity even if one party fails.

Yes, yes, the best example of democracy is Taiwan.

How to define "strong government"?

A dictatorship military regime like Thailand likely has the "strongest government"?

Everything can be carried out immediately on the instruction of 1 single individual and the decision of 1 single individual is final!
    Does that means "strong" and "efficient" (no time wasted) government?

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    Singapore has no natural resources nor enough drinking water. We can achieved what we have so far due to our strong government.

Yes, yes, the best example of democracy is Taiwan.
    There are so many democratic countries and Taiwan is just one of them.

One more thing, democracy is not equal to opposition.

My family is democratic and effective because there is only one "leader" and the leader cares others, listens to others.

Things are always that simple, no need to make it too complex.

My family is democratic and effective because there is only one "leader" and the leader cares others, listens to others.

This is called consultative and not democratic. Do not be confused.

Giving people the right to vote means the government has already been democratic.

Democracy cannot be any parties' campaign slogan anymore.

Vote based on capability, vote for the continuity of prosperity, vote for the future.

Giving people the right to vote means the government has already been democratic.

Democracy cannot be any parties' campaign slogan anymore.

Vote based on capability, vote for the continuity of prosperity, vote for the future.

Our National Pledge is to build a democratic society base on justice and equality.

Giving the people the right to vote in the name of democracy but at the same time suppressing the growth of democracy and threatening people with their votes are not democracy per se.

I will not say more but respect your views and position.
    Last edited by Amber Woods; 07-09-15 at 14:13.

"Giving the people the right to vote in the name of democracy but at the same time suppressing the growth of democracy and threatening people with their votes are not democracy per se."

OMG, that's a very serious issue.

hope you say that with substantial evidence.

Our National Pledge is to build a democratic society base on justice and equality.

Giving the people the right to vote in the name of democracy but at the same time suppressing the growth of democracy and threatening people with their votes are not democracy per se.

I will not say more but respect your views and position.

"Giving the people the right to vote in the name of democracy but at the same time suppressing the growth of democracy and threatening people with their votes are not democracy per se."

My last response to you. Read the main stream media like The Straits Times and all the information are there. No need to read alternative media. The information are there and it all depend on how you choose to interpret them.

Example; no MRT station or hawker centre if you do not vote for me. MP becoming estate manger instead of HDB. We need to be conscious of the environment we live in and not just happily live day by day because I do not need to worry about food and money.

No offense to you. Likewise, I also respect your view and choice.
    However, I do not think it is true that there is no MRT or hawker centres in Aljunied or anywhere managed by oppositions parties.

As to MP becoming estate manager, I think it is a good opportunity that the government gives to MP to prove themselves, to grow and to stand out. Anyhow, with a good salary, MP should serve the people to some extent, right?
    If I do not see an MP contribute to policy making, neither do I see him serve the people well, why should I vote for him?

My last response to you. Read the main stream media like The Straits Times and all the information are there. No need to read alternative media. The information are there and it all depend on how you choose to interpret them.

Example; no MRT station or hawker centre if you do not vote for me. MP becoming estate manger instead of HDB. We need to be conscious of the environment we live in and not just happily live day by day because I do not need to worry about food and money.

However, I do not think it is true that there is no MRT or hawker centres in Aljunied or anywhere managed by oppositions parties.

As to MP becoming estate manager, I think it is a good opportunity that the government gives to MP to prove themselves, to grow and to stand out. Anyhow, with a good salary, MP should serve the people to some extent, right?
    If I do not see an MP contribute to policy making, neither do I see him serve the people well, why should I vote for him?
    Friend, looks like you do not read the news. It is difficult to discuss with you if you do not know the latest happenings in town.

Can explain what is it about AIM?

If the CEO of a public listed company sells the asset of the company worth $24M for a few tens of thousand dollars to his friends/associates, my understanding is that that is a "criminal offence" right?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Can explain what is it about AIM?

If the CEO of a public listed company sells the asset of the company worth $24M for a few tens of thousand dollars to his friends/associates, my understanding is that that is a "criminal offence" right?
    Master Bear it is not an offence if the CEO can predict the company worth nothing overnight and the prediction come true.

It is possible that I missed some news in the media, and I always remind myself to put a pinch of salt on the news in the media even if it is ST after some known twists of the media.

Basically, I vote based on my own experience and on what I think is good for the Nation.

Friend, looks like you do not read the news. It is difficult to discuss with you if you do not know the latest happenings in town.

Default democracy

One character of Democracy is giving one Person one Vote. Does not matter what the Person Qualification.

in your democratic family .. you are the leader ...
    you listen to your children....

they may or may not agree with you ...

they may vote FOr or Against you ... right ?

regardless their vote, you love and care for them all the same ...

BUT ... Opposition wards DONT GET THEIR HDB UPGRADED....

hows that for LOVE for your children ?

What Amberwood said is true ...

so many past elections ... PAP has always used HDB upgrading as a carrot ...

IF PAP WINS .. I PROMISE YOU THAT YOUR ESTATE WILL BE UPGRADED ...

They Lost ... and there was no upgrading ...

isnt that a threat ?

In your democratic family ... you love ALL your children ... whether they are the obedient ones or the rebellious ones ...right ?

Do you stop paying his school fees ? becos he is naughty ?

Do you make him sleep on wooden bed while your obedient child has mattress ?

This is how it is like IF PAP DOES NOT WIN BECOS THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR OPPOSITION..

There was already MRT and Hawker centres in Aljunied BEFORE WP TOOK OVER ...

Unfortunately you cannot VOTE for 1 single individual ...

your vote for the party ... and in that party ... even if there is 1 useless ...do nothing MP ... you also indirectly voted him in ...

it is so convenient to say ... if he doesnt work i wont vote for him ... YOU SIMPLY CANT ...its a GRC ..

Love me Love my dog ...

so you vote for the party you like ... including the Dog who doesnt perform

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Master Bear it is not an offence if the CEO can predict the company worth nothing overnight and the prediction come true.

all government agencies/ ministries ... must always call for tender ...

if only 1 tender .... Dont count ...

if more than 1 tender BUT below an 'unknown base price' also dont count ...

How did they justify their PREDICTION ? and sold away CHEAP without Tender ?

The analogy is only to show that there may be democracy even if there is no opposition wins the GE.

In a family, the naughty kids will normally be published or prejudiced openly. But I do not think pap will do
    The same thing to her people openly.

Both pap and opposition will promise something to entice voters. There is nothing very wrong only if the promise can be kept without sacrificing the nation's long term benefit.

No party has the duty to help her oppositions to grow or to keep the promise. So, each party just promise the things within her reach.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    What Amberwood said is true ...

so many past elections ... PAP has always used HDB upgrading as a carrot ...

IF PAP WINS .. I PROMISE YOU THAT YOUR ESTATE WILL BE UPGRADED ...

They Lost ... and there was no upgrading ...

isnt that a threat ?

In your democratic family ... you love ALL your children ... whether they are the obedient ones or the rebellious ones ...right ?

Do you stop paying his school fees ? becos he is naughty ?

Do you make him sleep on wooden bed while your obedient child has mattress ?

This is how it is like IF PAP DOES NOT WIN BECOS THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR OPPOSITION..