Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pavilion 11 at Novena (D11, Freehold, UOL)

Well, honestly even though it is not a bad project I would not pay for Soleil more then 700psf , simply because it is leasehold 99 . surrounded by Hospitals e.t.c.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog
    Well, honestly even though it is not a bad project I would not pay for Soleil more then 700psf , simply because it is leasehold 99 . surrounded by Hospitals e.t.c.
    Then please don't buy prime district condo!

Default World recovering is faster than what people thought before.

You are the typical type of person who always miss the boat.

Pls go out and see how the world is moving fastly and actively!!

Many of economic indicator from US already showed + sign, including US house purchasing indicator, and even US FRB firmly promised and already started their action of pouring DOLLORS into market.
    Have you known what is FRB?? they are the manipulator of all the money in the world!!

March 24, 2009
    Light at the end of tunnel?
    By Fiona Chan
    THE worst of the economic crisis may soon be over, according to an economist from the Nanyang Technological University.

Drawing from selected leading indicators that appear to signal a turning point, assistant professor Choy Keen Meng is predicting that Singapore's recession will bottom out in the first quarter and turn the corner by the end of the year.

He expects the economy to shrink by 4 per cent this year, a forecast that is more optimistic than most. Some private sector economists have predicted a decline as severe as minus 10 per cent growth.

'The leading indicators suggest that the worst will be in the first quarter and we will see improvements in the second and third quarters,' he said.

One of the key indicators is the United States' purchasing managers' index, which rebounded in January and February after seeing a steep plunge towards the end of last year. This index is a forward-looking signal of manufacturing output in the US.

Other indicators used include the Straits Times Index, business expectations surveys, as well as the amount of non-oil cargo loaded and discharged at Singapore's sea ports.

'Some of these indicators are showing signs of improvement, and while others are declining, the declines have moderated,' he said.
    Last edited by trump7; 25-03-09 at 02:12. Reason: mis

In fact, i don't care when the market will recover. During the SARS periods, those mickey mouse condo around TTSH only drop till 650+psf. Even those properties that are not near TTSH, their price also "lan lan". Properties at East Coast is around 500psf. Mass market properties at 400+psf.

Unless another outbreak hits Singapore, this scenario is not likely anymore.

Furthermore, today's Novena is in the process of transforming to top class Medical Hub. Do you think you can get Soleil with that iconic look + facilities at 700psf.

Please don't dream!

This is a project that can look much better than artistic impression. Artistic impression can only show 2D effect. But Soleil it definite going to look much better surrounded by water in 3D. If you don't have a sense of 3D, i don't think you can understand this.

If you die die want to know what i mean, go to Lakeshore. Go and compare their artistic impression with the actual look+feel. Of course, please don't go during weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by august
    over the weekend i saw a soleil ad asking for $900psf, check it out.
    Did you called the agent to check?

Ha-ha , you are all grown up adults and beleive in these bullshit and positive forecast ? well good luck to you .. As for Soleil I did not say it is a bad project , I said to me it worth no more then 700psf and I would not pay more .. There are a lot of buyers who thought it worth 1,700 at pre-launch , all of them biting thier elbows now and fireselling at almost half the price .. So what ? everyone has an opinion so I guess it is you who got into the boat too early my friend if you are one of them.. I waited for the boat and bought a few units in the heart of the City at good price and they are all freehold bringing me very healthy positive cash flow, so that is why in a falling market there is no point to pay more then 700 for lease hold .. you just wait till September and see what happens and then talk, talk , talk ..

Ha-ha , you are all grown up adults and beleive in these bullshit and positive forecast ? well good luck to you .. As for Soleil I did not say it is a bad project , I said to me it worth no more then 700psf and I would not pay more .. There are a lot of buyers who thought it worth 1,700 at pre-launch , all of them biting thier elbows now and fireselling at almost half the price .. So what ? everyone has an opinion so I guess it is you who got into the boat too early my friend if you are one of them.. I waited for the boat and bought a few units in the heart of the City at good price and they are all freehold bringing me very healthy positive cash flow, so that is why in a falling market there is no point to pay more then 700 for lease hold .. you just wait till September and see what happens and then talk, talk , talk ..
    Your money is bigger than others therefore you are able to buy it at $700psf or lower. We hope you could buy one at this price in few months to come, otherwise, you should follow your suggestion in the other thread to chop something off.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Did you called the agent to check?
    not interested in soleil, so didn't ~

no lah, solei launch at 1100 to 1200psf

It is way too early for anyone to conclude that economic is bottom up. Firstly , US housing purchasing went up, but the price is still dropping at second largest YoY in Feb-Mar period. When housing price drop , of course demand is higher from genuine home buyer, furthermore purchasing desire powered by the extremely low mortgage rate. Be mindful that US unemployment rate is still at record high.

FRB already pumping money into the market in order to loosen credit crunch many months ago. Billions of dollars pumped into the US financial institution at close to 0% interest. That explains why Citi & BOA is able to turn profit. Imagine that these institutions getting almost free capital injection from FRB, on the other hand lend it out. It is a no brainer business. Pls be mindful that the caveat lodged by them ; profit gain before any write down on toxic assets.

Since last year until now , governments all around the world come out with huge stimulus package to cushion the impact on the recession. Hence , it will definitely have some stabilizing effect. However , it is just some pain killer not the method to cure, how long it can last will depend on the world economic.

US government has started to print money. It can ease their problem in short term, but it will definitely has a greater impact in long run. By printing money would not help u get richer , if not Zimbabwe would be the richest country in the world. The US government is inflating a bubble already burst.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    You are the typical type of person who always miss the boat.

Pls go out and see how the world is moving fastly and actively!!

Many of economic indicator from US already showed + sign, including US house purchasing indicator, and even US FRB firmly promised and already started their action of pouring DOLLORS into market.
    Have you known what is FRB?? they are the manipulator of all the money in the world!!

March 24, 2009
    Light at the end of tunnel?
    By Fiona Chan
    THE worst of the economic crisis may soon be over, according to an economist from the Nanyang Technological University.

Drawing from selected leading indicators that appear to signal a turning point, assistant professor Choy Keen Meng is predicting that Singapore's recession will bottom out in the first quarter and turn the corner by the end of the year.

He expects the economy to shrink by 4 per cent this year, a forecast that is more optimistic than most. Some private sector economists have predicted a decline as severe as minus 10 per cent growth.

'The leading indicators suggest that the worst will be in the first quarter and we will see improvements in the second and third quarters,' he said.

One of the key indicators is the United States' purchasing managers' index, which rebounded in January and February after seeing a steep plunge towards the end of last year. This index is a forward-looking signal of manufacturing output in the US.

Other indicators used include the Straits Times Index, business expectations surveys, as well as the amount of non-oil cargo loaded and discharged at Singapore's sea ports.

'Some of these indicators are showing signs of improvement, and while others are declining, the declines have moderated,' he said.

Quote Originally Posted by i12buyhouse
    It is way too early for anyone to conclude that economic is bottom up. Firstly , US housing purchasing went up, but the price is still dropping at second largest YoY in Feb-Mar period. When housing price drop , of course demand is higher from genuine home buyer, furthermore purchasing desire powered by the extremely low mortgage rate. Be mindful that US unemployment rate is still at record high.

FRB already pumping money into the market in order to loosen credit crunch many months ago. Billions of dollars pumped into the US financial institution at close to 0% interest. That explains why Citi & BOA is able to turn profit. Imagine that these institutions getting almost free capital injection from FRB, on the other hand lend it out. It is a no brainer business. Pls be mindful that the caveat lodged by them ; profit gain before any write down on toxic assets.

Since last year until now , governments all around the world come out with huge stimulus package to cushion the impact on the recession. Hence , it will definitely have some stabilizing effect. However , it is just some pain killer not the method to cure, how long it can last will depend on the world economic.

US government has started to print money. It can ease their problem in short term, but it will definitely has a greater impact in long run. By printing money would not help u get richer , if not Zimbabwe would be the richest country in the world. The US government is inflating a bubble already burst.
    VERY WELL WRITTEN ...

i share the same sentiments ..

unfortunately, in this forum, how many property owners, who have bought at the high , like 1500 psf for that 99yr Soleil (circus ? or a joke) actually admit that they paid too much ??

in this forum, we see only potential buyers , we see only owners, who still defending their purchase at ridiculous levels as 'good buys'

lets not get upset if one sees a negative report/ writeout on one's purchase ... every article here has its points ..

if you have already bought something that now looks too expensive .. so be it ... make sure on your next purchase, dont make the same mistake ...

sometimes, the purchase is not wrong...its the timing thats wrong ..

Although, Zimbabwe and USA are a piece of land in this earth. But they are completely belong to different world.

Zimbabwe GDP per capita is not more then US$200. How can you use them to compare with US

As long as international trade is in US currency, they will still remain no.1 no matter how much money they printed.

Imagine the value of investment that other country have in US, do you think they will give up US currency?

If really we reach the day that everyone give up US currency, do you think this big brother will sit there and do nothing?!!

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Although, Zimbabwe and USA are a piece of land in this earth. But they are completely belong to different world.

Zimbabwe GDP per capita is not more then US$200. How can you use them to compare with US

As long as international trade is in US currency, they will still remain no.1 no matter how much money they printed.

Imagine the value of investment that other country have in US, do you think they will give up US currency?

If really we reach the day that everyone give up US currency, do you think this big brother will sit there and do nothing?!!
    Well said!!
    To compare Zimbabwe to US is a joke and almost fell from the chair.
    To talk about US currency as the leading currency and printing of the dollar for the world circulation is a very indepth topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishan Kid
    Well said!!
    To compare Zimbabwe to US is a joke and almost fell from the chair.
    To talk about US currency as the leading currency and printing of the dollar for the world circulation is a very indepth topic.
    i think he is trying to say that by printing money ..will not make you rich ...

and thats what USA is probably going to do ..print more money ... and in the long run ... its not good for USA

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

and thats what USA is probably going to do ..print more money ... and in the long run ... its not good for USA
    Surely they will be side effect of printing more money. But US sure have a way to act on it. If soft mean can't help. They will do it the hard way.

Depends.

Is issuing rights is good for company ?

Unless you have done extensive study on the FED St Louis MZM, M1 and Mm numbers, do not hastily dismiss the comparison of the USD to the zimbabwe dollar.

The amount of high-powered money that the FED/TARP/other stupid instruments has pumped in is unprecedented. All previous inflationary attempts since 1914 thru 2001 combined is but a fraction of what has been pumped.

It will just be a matter of time before the money multiplier starts increasing, and when it does, say hello to mass inflation. If the FED/TreasGov continues to do nothing, then say hello to hyperinflation. Because the USD is a major component of the SGD, it will affect us similarly.

Mass inflation is already a certainty - it's not a matter of if, but more a matter of when. that is why china for the past few weeks and just yesterday sent warning shots across to the US to protect US treasuries (ie the USD)

Unfortunately, when mass inflation hits us, nobody benefits. If hyper hits us, we are all screwed, rich or poor.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Unless you have done extensive study on the FED St Louis MZM, M1 and Mm numbers, do not hastily dismiss the comparison of the USD to the zimbabwe dollar.

The amount of high-powered money that the FED/TARP/other stupid instruments has pumped in is unprecedented. All previous inflationary attempts since 1914 thru 2001 combined is but a fraction of what has been pumped.

It will just be a matter of time before the money multiplier starts increasing, and when it does, say hello to mass inflation. If the FED/TreasGov continues to do nothing, then say hello to hyperinflation. Because the USD is a major component of the SGD, it will affect us similarly.

Mass inflation is already a certainty - it's not a matter of if, but more a matter of when. that is why china for the past few weeks and just yesterday sent warning shots across to the US to protect US treasuries (ie the USD)

Unfortunately, when mass inflation hits us, nobody benefits. If hyper hits us, we are all screwed, rich or poor.
    Bishan Kid ;learn something from us ok ?

dont pray pray

Mass inflation and hyperinflation wipes out creditors of all types - in our cases, bank deposits (you are creditor to bank), and mortgage loans (bank is creditor to you)

if you know how to play your cards rights, you can essentially pay off your $1m outstanding loan in a mass inflation environment with a a kilo or two of gold. in hyperinflation, prob an ounce of gold or less.

but beyond that, in hyper, a loaf of bread will cost 0.1gm of gold as in Zimbabwe's case now. Go google 'zimbabwe bread 0.1 gram gold'

Let's make simple here.

Money supply = money in circulation x velocity.

Inflation = more demand vs supply.
    hyper = high demand vs less supply
    deflation = low demand vs high supply.

Can anyone advise in preparation for inflation or hyperinflation, would property be a good hedge (besides gold)? What about deflation - whay's the impact on property price?

I tried to google on this but get mixed messages..Thanks.

Bishan Kid ;learn something from us ok ?

dont pray pray
    Monetary policy is not the only factor that caused hyperinflation in Zimbabwe dollar.

learn something?

also think its too early to say this is the end of the crisis, and i laugh at the NTU professor who say that... we only saw SOME positive data and we say the crisis is bottoming out. Who knows this might just be bear market rally?

Printing lots of money now can stimulate demand, but if not well controlled, will lead to super high inflation > FED raise rates > ppl cannot support their mortgage again > bubble inflated but burst again. So its a very very fine balancing act by the US.

Also note that US seems to be very focused on helping the financial system, because their underlying assumption is that you need to fix the banks first before the economy. But note that in general we might continue to see weaknesses in non-bank companies, and hence more layoffs, etc.

All that said, recent positive events did sway me a bit in thinking the recession might not be that long, that severe. Also afraid to "miss the boat" at the bottom (assuming i know when is that!)

i do like this debate.

Any deflationists here care to share their point of view?

I'm obviously an inflationist - ie i expect mass inflation within the next 24 months

Hi guys:

Don’t be so defensive , I am just sharing with u the fact that I know.

Will US currency taken over by other currency as international trade medium….? The answer is possible and the likelihood is increasing as US continue to print money. Nobody like to do business on a currency that is so volatile and unstable. Pls remember that British Pound was the most traded currency before US dollars.

China Premier Wen Jia Bao already said that he is worry abt China asset in US. China being the largest holder on US bond is in great danger if US decided to print more money , US currency would drop as US dollar supply is abundant. If u hold US bond , what will u do ..? Logically, u will dump US dollars and divert your money into other more stable currency and commodity like Gold & Oil. US bond market will in deep problems if other government follow so. If u look at what happen currently , commodity price has shoot up very fast recently , not because of demand increase drastically….be mindful of this friends. US dollar is also sliding.

Lastly , pls have a look on this news article yesterday , to support what I have shared

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h8KoPe1MqwkZWOTIikcwb8Tg2W3AD974D8384

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy78
    also think its too early to say this is the end of the crisis, and i laugh at the NTU professor who say that... we only saw SOME positive data and we say the crisis is bottoming out. Who knows this might just be bear market rally?

Printing lots of money now can stimulate demand, but if not well controlled, will lead to super high inflation > FED raise rates > ppl cannot support their mortgage again > bubble inflated but burst again. So its a very very fine balancing act by the US.

Also note that US seems to be very focused on helping the financial system, because their underlying assumption is that you need to fix the banks first before the economy. But note that in general we might continue to see weaknesses in non-bank companies, and hence more layoffs, etc.

All that said, recent positive events did sway me a bit in thinking the recession might not be that long, that severe. Also afraid to "miss the boat" at the bottom (assuming i know when is that!)
    Geitner's plan essentially sent a message to banks: 'we'll cover your arses no matter what. Go ahead, lend irresponsibly again, we'll cover that buttock cheek too'

imho, banks are still hard pressed to lend and are still very careful with who they loan to. but with this policy in place - all it takes is for one bank to blink and start being creative, and there will be stampede in nonsense credit again.

Quote Originally Posted by sumo22
    Can anyone advise in preparation for inflation or hyperinflation, would property be a good hedge (besides gold)? What about deflation - whay's the impact on property price?

I tried to google on this but get mixed messages..Thanks.
    I am neither a Wall Street nor Zimbabwe top economist .

Gold is indestructible and supply is always on the increase but met with hoarding for hedging against inflation and dollar where gold is quoted.
    Industrial usage is low as compared to other metals.
    No yield and yet incur storage charge.

Property is a good hedge depends on yield(rental income) , supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by i12buyhouse

Will US currency taken over by other currency as international trade medium….? The answer is possible and the likelihood is increasing as US continue to print money. Nobody like to do business on a currency that is so volatile and unstable. Pls remember that British Pound was the most traded currency before US dollars.

China Premier Wen Jia Bao already said that he is worry abt China asset in US. China being the largest holder on US bond is in great danger if US decided to print more money , US currency would drop as US dollar supply is abundant. If u hold US bond , what will u do ..? Logically, u will dump US dollars and divert your money into other more stable currency and commodity like Gold & Oil. US bond market will in deep problems if other government follow so. If u look at what happen currently , commodity price has shoot up very fast recently , not because of demand increase drastically….be mindful of this friends. US dollar is also sliding.
    However much i hope for a new global reserve currency, i doubt it will ever happen - the USD is too massive and entrenched to be replace. That the USD will be revalued or repegged to gold/silver has a higher chance, but that's still remote.

Every businessman and his cat knows that the China Chinese are the most cutthroat, shrewd and business-savvy race on the planet out only to save their own skin. The very fact that they are buying commodity producers left-right-centre is significant. The fact that they have sent warning shots about the USD devaluation is also significant. time will tell

It is not right to compare SARS to what happne currently... SARS is incidental crisis come fast and go fast. Once it gone , everyone will come back to the market and it does not hit our finacial system hard and has little impact on the global context especially US and Euro

In fact, i don't care when the market will recover. During the SARS periods, those mickey mouse condo around TTSH only drop till 650+psf. Even those properties that are not near TTSH, their price also "lan lan". Properties at East Coast is around 500psf. Mass market properties at 400+psf.

Unless another outbreak hits Singapore, this scenario is not likely anymore.

Furthermore, today's Novena is in the process of transforming to top class Medical Hub. Do you think you can get Soleil with that iconic look + facilities at 700psf.

Please don't dream!

This is a project that can look much better than artistic impression. Artistic impression can only show 2D effect. But Soleil it definite going to look much better surrounded by water in 3D. If you don't have a sense of 3D, i don't think you can understand this.

If you die die want to know what i mean, go to Lakeshore. Go and compare their artistic impression with the actual look+feel. Of course, please don't go during weekend .

Think USD to be overtaken as the world trading currency might not happen anytime soon. Because China LL got to keep on buying US treasuries, else US no money, then cannot buy goods from China, then the China export market will crumple. Oops... does this sound like another bubble in China?