Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pavilion 11 at Novena (D11, Freehold, UOL)

For every dollar they put into the stimulus package they have to collect that dollar in taxes otherwise it's gonnabe a huge buble.
    Well, why say so we can actually benefit from massive inflation by means that our outstanding mortgages will melt away at very fast pace )
    One thing for sure it is still a way too early to call it a bottom !! it is just stupid to buy in a falling market !! just to see that next month you could buy that property 100k cheaper .. Stupid, stupid , stupido !!!
    We who play properties one way or another are in the same boat , I also have some properties which are now on the market 25% less then I bought them for so what ? they stil bring me cash flow positive income or some for my own stay .. but if we knew this was coming we all would be multi millioners and super reach .. so the lesson at least next one to buy at the cheapest possible price to average down .. this is what I think ..

If u buy share , there will be a chance your share worth ZERO ( Lehman Brother)

If u buy house , your house worth ZERO if there is a war. House would not help u at all if u want to "Run Road" - escape

Gold will never worth ZERO (unless Jesus come again). Gold will definately helpful if u run from one place to another :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishan Kid
    I am neither a Wall Street nor Zimbabwe top economist .

Gold is indestructible and supply is always on the increase but met with hoarding for hedging against inflation and dollar where gold is quoted.
    Industrial usage is low as compared to other metals.
    No yield and yet incur storage charge.

Property is a good hedge depends on yield(rental income) , supply and demand.

I am not concern about US dollar taken over by other currency in short term. If this really happen ,it could takes decades... The immediate danger is the meltdown of US bond market. It could cause another tsunami...

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    However much i hope for a new global reserve currency, i doubt it will ever happen - the USD is too massive and entrenched to be replace. That the USD will be revalued or repegged to gold/silver has a higher chance, but that's still remote.

Every businessman and his cat knows that the China Chinese are the most cutthroat, shrewd and business-savvy race on the planet out only to save their own skin. The very fact that they are buying commodity producers left-right-centre is significant. The fact that they have sent warning shots about the USD devaluation is also significant. time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by i12buyhouse
    If u buy share , there will be a chance your share worth ZERO ( Lehman Brother)

If u buy house , your house worth ZERO if there is a war. House would not help u at all if u want to "Run Road" - escape

Gold will never worth ZERO (unless Jesus come again). Gold will definately helpful if u run from one place to another :-)
    I agreed.

Gold hoarding has a long history of tradition where no place or country is safe and more so in underdeveloped countries.
    But is less and less appealing for hoarding in more developed countries and is used for speculation than hoarding.

I am not concern about US dollar taken over by other currency in short term. If this really happen ,it could takes decades... The immediate danger is the meltdown of US bond market. It could cause another tsunami...
    Agreed, depending if you are talking about treasury bonds or corporate/junk bonds. However as both bond markets are covered by TARP as of Monday, be careful - the Fed can continue to buy as many treasury bonds as they wish and repackage it as treasury assets. That is why T-bills are still relatively stable.

an economy has a GDP $1m and 1m citizens each earning $1 with a loaf of bread at $1. Which is more palatable to you:
    - GDP $2m, 1m citizens earning $2, loaf of bread $2
    or
    - GDP $500k, 500k citizens out of job, loaf of bread $0.50.

that is why the FED will always choose inflation.

I agreed.

Gold hoarding has a long history of tradition where no place or country is safe and more so in underdeveloped countries.
    But is less and less appealing for hoarding in more developed countries and is used for speculation than hoarding.
    I am a gold bug, thus my posts are biased as such.

in Sep 2008, 1oz of gold cost US$1000 (S$1,360)
    6 months later in March 2009, 1 oz drop to US$900 (S$1,360)
    this is the same scenario in other currencies like the sterling, auz, sfr etc

Gold should never be used for speculation - it should be for preservation of capital/value. 1 oz of gold used to buy a good business suit set at marks and spencer's in 1900s, and continues to buy a good business suit set today, and 50 years from now.

Take a look at HDB prices through the ages (5rm):
    1970s: $25,000 US$9000 (240oz)
    1980s: $110,000 US$49,000 (140oz)
    1990s: $220,000 US$135,000 (280oz)
    2008s: $350,000 US$250,000 (250oz)

on average, a 5 rm flat has consistently been just about 220oz of gold thru the ages (10 year basis). the 1980s is due to the mass inflation during the latest 70s (iran-contra, oil shock) I think we will see a similar story from 2010.

Let's make simple here.

Money supply = money in circulation x velocity.

Inflation = more demand vs supply.
    hyper = high demand vs less supply
    deflation = low demand vs high supply.
    Inflation is such a complex topic in economic. Please don't use few words to cover it. In fact, there are few schools of thought about inflation. Go google it.

Hi guys:

Don’t be so defensive , I am just sharing with u the fact that I know.

Will US currency taken over by other currency as international trade medium….? The answer is possible and the likelihood is increasing as US continue to print money. Nobody like to do business on a currency that is so volatile and unstable. Pls remember that British Pound was the most traded currency before US dollars.

China Premier Wen Jia Bao already said that he is worry abt China asset in US. China being the largest holder on US bond is in great danger if US decided to print more money , US currency would drop as US dollar supply is abundant. If u hold US bond , what will u do ..? Logically, u will dump US dollars and divert your money into other more stable currency and commodity like Gold & Oil. US bond market will in deep problems if other government follow so. If u look at what happen currently , commodity price has shoot up very fast recently , not because of demand increase drastically….be mindful of this friends. US dollar is also sliding.

Lastly , pls have a look on this news article yesterday , to support what I have shared

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h8KoPe1MqwkZWOTIikcwb8Tg2W3AD974D8384

Can they do anythings? Money in other people hands already. What to do? They can just pray and make noise!
    Last edited by isaaclim; 25-03-09 at 18:16.

Wow, drove by yesterday. The construction seems almost done. Anyone knows how I can get hold of a brochure for this development? Would like to find out the quality of the kitchen goods provided.

The brochure doesnt describe kitchen fittings leh ...

Kitchen Cabinets : high and low level kitchen cabinets complete with solid surface worktop and backsplash. 11/2 bowl sink integrated with counter top and mixer (3BR and Penthouse only). 1 bowl sink integrated with counter top and mixer (2 BR).
    Kitchen appliances : oven, cooker hob and cooker hood ..

Thats all they say ...

YFG

it beats me that Watertown, The Hillier buyers nobody bothers about this project

2012-07-23 #22-XX 958sqft 1,566psf
    2008-01-15 1,275psf $278,778 1,651d 4.6%

Near-Prime lost to non prime

Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    it beats me that Watertown, The Hillier buyers nobody bothers about this project

2012-07-23 #22-XX 958sqft 1,566psf
    2008-01-15 1,275psf $278,778 1,651d 4.6%

Near-Prime lost to non prime

Goes to show the premium of new versus old is very high. People like new things.

2012-11-15 #XX-XX 1,485sf 1,569psf 2007-04-18 818psf
    Profit: $1,115,235 12.4%/yr

Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    2012-11-15 #XX-XX 1,485sf 1,569psf 2007-04-18 818psf
    Profit: $1,115,235 12.4%/yr

Wow!!
    You sold too early rite?

Well.. here is another UP.. UP.. UP..
    Is another record breaking psf for P11.. a big jump from the last record 1566psf set in July 2012

PAVILION 11 AKYAB ROAD Condominium $1,657,340 958sf Strata 1,730psf May-13

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Well.. here is another UP.. UP.. UP..
    Is another record breaking psf for P11.. a big jump from the last record 1566psf set in July 2012

PAVILION 11 AKYAB ROAD Condominium $1,657,340 958sf Strata 1,730psf May-13
    Like I mentioned in other posts. In April/May period, there are quite a few PCs hitting record prices. So price index is bound to move upwards in the months to come.

Rysk - this has to be compared with the 958 sqft sold about 2 years ago for 1660 psf. So the increase 2BR-to-2BR comparison is abt 4.2% over 2 years. Which is about 2% each year.

DKSG