Thread: Is it better to invest in local or overseas properties today?

Default Is it better to invest in local or overseas properties today?

Hi guys! Would love to hear your opinions on property investments today...is it better to invest in local or overseas projects? and Why? Thx!

Invest in oversea projects where you often visits and can get residence pass or visa.

Local property is well regulated after 8 control measure by government, the day where you get a million dollar appreciation are over.

Property investment is more of a saving and hedge against inflation (money printing) now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggv7e5gusa...0plan.pdf?dl=0

The absd you pay for a $1 million property in Singapore can be used to buy a property in a neighbouring country to collect rental at more than 6%, so it is obvious which is a better choice. BTW the neighbouring country I am referring to is not Malaysia.

I agree. I also start to safe my extra cast over sea so that when there is opportunity I will use it to buy oversea property. The amount of ABSD will give quite good return if I invest on over sea property.

Just take Kingsford Waterbay for instance. Let's say the 3 bedder is $950k, the ABSD is $95k at 10% and rental for the unit is a measly $3k for the area. Have to rent out the unit for almost 3 years just to cover back the absd alone, not even talking about the principal yet.

Default what are the 8 control measure by govt?

hey @Arcachon! thx for the lovely attachment! btw what are the 8 control measures by govt? ABSD, TDSR, what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Invest in oversea projects where you often visits and can get residence pass or visa.

Local property is well regulated after 8 control measure by government, the day where you get a million dollar appreciation are over.

Property investment is more of a saving and hedge against inflation (money printing) now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggv7e5gusa...0plan.pdf?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    The absd you pay for a $1 million property in Singapore can be used to buy a property in a neighbouring country to collect rental at more than 6%, so it is obvious which is a better choice. BTW the neighbouring country I am referring to is not Malaysia.
    [email protected]

We are aware that you are a inexperience small time Mickey Mouse apartment buyer. 6%??? Might want to tell us how many percent you are paying in mortgage first.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...hp?p=105094197

Just take Kingsford Waterbay for instance. Let's say the 3 bedder is $950k, the ABSD is $95k at 10% and rental for the unit is a measly $3k for the area. Have to rent out the unit for almost 3 years just to cover back the absd alone, not even talking about the principal yet.

Why Kingsford Waterbay in NE of Singapore? Why not Jurong Lake district?

Ringo33 aka CHT in skyscrapercity (tel: 65637972) , you are the biggest cock talker and troll in this forum. Shameless to be talking bad about this forum and still hanging around when you have been butted out...tsk tsk tsk

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1575097&page=5

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ho...m-4934592.html

http://www.streetdirectory.com/busin...ranchid=157967

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenlim View Post
    [email protected]

We are aware that you are a inexperience small time Mickey Mouse apartment buyer. 6%??? Might want to tell us how many percent you are paying in mortgage first.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...hp?p=105094197

check out the how generous members are giving review for Regent Height

5 STARS all round??
    Interior / Units *****
    Exterior / Common Areas *****
    Condo Facilities *****
    Transport Links *****
    Nearby Amenities *****
    Property Management *****

FACT : Nearest MRT around 800m away, nearest shopping mall 1km if you are going to walk. <10m to mosque.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...nt-heights-187

5 stars? Perhaps 5 out of 10 stars..

Shameless Jayden Lim (aka Regulators aka [email protected])

You mean your beloved j gateway? Please tell us what you hope to achieve in rental for your $8xxk 474sqft mickey mouse unit? A person of your calibre should go invest in a good psychiatrist instead.

Why Kingsford Waterbay in NE of Singapore? Why not Jurong Lake district?

You must be jealous of how regent heights is performing and feeling very sad that j gateway got a crap rating:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...-gateway-21670

Get a life and accept the facts.

check out the how generous members are giving review for Regent Height

5 STARS all round??
    Interior / Units *****
    Exterior / Common Areas *****
    Condo Facilities *****
    Transport Links *****
    Nearby Amenities *****
    Property Management *****

FACT : Nearest MRT around 800m away, nearest shopping mall 1km if you are going to walk. <10m to mosque.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...nt-heights-187

5 stars? Perhaps 5 out of 10 stars..

Shameless Jayden Lim (aka Regulators aka [email protected])

You must be jealous of how regent heights is performing and feeling very sad that j gateway got a crap rating:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...-gateway-21670

Get a life and accept the facts.

There arent many shameless lowlife in this community and its no coincident that why Regent Heights, a >10 years old condo that is located 800m from the nearest MRT and 1km from nearest mall, next to industrial estate and mosque are rated 5 stars all round, when Jgateway which is located right in the middle east commercial hub, next to JE MRT, and walking distant to 5 mega malls, office tower, hospital etc are rated 1 stars.

Just look at the Q&A of Regents Heights and you will know why I say that Jayden Lim is a shameless lowlife.

This is what happen when the lowlife get caught for voting for himself. Shameless

You are jealous early buyers bought regent heights for only $6xxpsf while you had to pay $1700psf ($8xxk) for your tiny 474sqft j gateway unit at $8xxk. Please stop talking about investment to others as you will make yourself more of a joke.

There arent many shameless lowlife in this community and its no coincident that why Regent Heights, a >10 years old condo that is located 800m from the nearest MRT and 1km from nearest mall, next to industrial estate and mosque are rated 5 stars all round, when Jgateway which is located right in the middle east commercial hub, next to JE MRT, and walking distant to 5 mega malls, office tower, hospital etc are rated 1 stars.

Just look at the Q&A of Regents Heights and you will know why I say that Jayden Lim is a shameless lowlife.

This is what happen when the lowlife get caught for voting for himself. Shameless

Btw Jayden Lim is a lowlife and that is you with your account name showing that. You can insult yourself all you want coz that is not me.

You are jealous early buyers bought regent heights for only $6xxpsf while you had to pay $1700psf ($8xxk) for your tiny 474sqft j gateway unit at $8xxk. Please stop talking about investment to others as you will make yourself more of a joke.

Jayden Lim your online activities speaks volume about your character, and only a dumb fool will continue to sprout nonsense in this forum even when your shameless identity has been exposed.

Regent Heights all round 5 Stars? Only an insecure person will do this.

You are the dumbest fool for assuming that I am Jayden Lim when I am not. A real mental case.

Jayden Lim your online activities speaks volume about your character, and only a dumb fool will continue to sprout nonsense in this forum even when your shameless identity has been exposed.

Regent Heights all round 5 Stars? Only an insecure person will do this.

You are the dumbest fool for assuming that I am Jayden Lim when I am not. A real mental case.
    Is [email protected] your email address?

Did you use the same email address in Skyscraper city using the name Jayden Lim?

Did you create "Patrickstar" forum account using [email protected] when you are not using Regulators for almost 1 year?

Did you post very positive review of Regent Heights in this forum sometime in 2012?

Did you post all round 5 stars review on Regent Heights in propertyguru around the same time using Jayden Lim?

YES or NO??

the unrest....

Ringo33, you are the dumbest person in this forum. Firstly, Patrickstar and Jayden Lim are not me, secondly, my number one rule is always never to reveal personal details on the Internet. The email account you mentioned means nothing to me, you can post it anywhere on the Internet you like, it doesn't bother me.

As advised, go see a psychiatrist for your own sake coz we may not see you after you jump off a building when j gateway top.

Ringo33, you are the dumbest person in this forum. Firstly, Patrickstar and Jayden Lim are not me, secondly, my number one rule is always never to reveal personal details on the Internet. The email account you mentioned means nothing to me, you can post it anywhere on the Internet you like, it doesn't bother me.

As advised, go see a psychiatrist for your own sake coz we may not see you after you jump off a building when j gateway top.

Jayden Lim, burying your head in the sands only blind your vision, it doesnt make you invisible.

[email protected] is your email account and Jayden Lim is your name. Period!!

Period? Lol.... you having pre or post menstrual syndrome?

Ringo33 aka Jayden Lim aka CHT (skyscrapercity) and working in CHT Technologies at Jurong Gateway, I think you are the one that needs to bury your head in the sand for shamelessly still coming back to this forum after condemning it in hardwarezone. This is the action of a true lowlife.

Jayden Lim, burying your head in the sands only blind your vision, it doesnt make you invisible.

[email protected] is your email account and Jayden Lim is your name. Period!!

Is [email protected] your email address?

Did you use the same email address in Skyscraper city using the name Jayden Lim?

Did you create "Patrickstar" forum account using [email protected] when you are not using Regulators for almost 1 year?

Did you post very positive review of Regent Heights in this forum sometime in 2012?

Did you post all round 5 stars review on Regent Heights in propertyguru around the same time using Jayden Lim?

YES or NO??

Jayden Lim, you are just shameless.

Ringo33, Calling yourself shameless.... lol
    Last edited by Regulators; 05-03-15 at 15:23.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Singapore OCR property prices got a lot more to crash...........................
    Why buy?

Quote Originally Posted by propertypal View Post
    Hi guys! Would love to hear your opinions on property investments today...is it better to invest in local or overseas projects? and Why? Thx!

Ringo33 aka CHT in skyscrapercity (tel: 65637972) , you are the biggest cock talker and troll in this forum. Shameless to be talking bad about this forum and still hanging around when you have been butted out...tsk tsk tsk

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1575097&page=5

http://www.streetdirectory.com/busin...ranchid=157967

is that RIngo33's tel ?

is that Tel considered revealing personal details on internet ?

this forum is really dangerous .... names, email addresses and tels are being exposed ...