Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Verte @ Telok Kurau

Default The Verte @ Telok Kurau

This is a newly launched condominium at Telok Kurau which is just 600 metres away from Kembangan MRT station and located just beside the park connector (ie a canal). Just went past it and saw the showroom buzzing with eager home hunters. Any comments on this development?

ER Guest

Default Re: The Verte @ Telok Kurau

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    This is a newly launched condominium at Telok Kurau which is just 600 metres away from Kembangan MRT station and located just beside the park connector (ie a canal). Just went past it and saw the showroom buzzing with eager home hunters. Any comments on this development?
    Not too bad actually except i already committed to another project in that area. Just one small point, it is not a condominium but an apartment.

hmm calling it an apartment means there's no facilities such as swimming pool?

Elmo Guest

There is 25 m common lap pool and a kids' pool. Some of the units have private pool. The total area is small. Hence, it doesn't qualify as a condo.

apartment status

Default Private pool question

I've very interested in getting a unit with a private pool but who will clean/maintain it? Does the cleaning/maintenance come with the normal maintenance fee or is it additional?

If the pool is my responsibility and with no help from the apt management, where can I find people who will clean it properly and fix it if there are any problems? What is the warranty for the pool?

SG is not like US where everyone has a pool in the backyard and pool cleaning companies are a dime a dozen. Look at electricians - has anyone gotten a PROPER licenced electrician as opposed to a shady guy who lives in JB or very close to JB?

My head aches already...

Those private pool units owner... not only u need to pay high maintenance fee to the management as yr unit is big (u will not swim in common pool as u hv yr own pool mah) , you need to pay a fee to ask outside pool contractor to maintain yr pool.. so worth it or not??

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    Those private pool units owner... not only u need to pay high maintenance fee to the management as yr unit is big (u will not swim in common pool as u hv yr own pool mah) , you need to pay a fee to ask outside pool contractor to maintain yr pool.. so worth it or not??

For me, NOT worth... but for someone else, maybe worth every penny!

ER Guest

Default Telok Kurau Park

Sigh.... i bought another project before they launched Verte.

My late grandfather used to own the land which is now "Telok Kurau Park" or along Lorong J but was acquired by the goverment in the 60/70s.

Part of my childhood was spent in Lorong J so i feel a great affinity to TK Park and Verte just happended to be there.

I would have love to return there but alas... i have committed to another one close by....

Anyone spend their childhood in TK area???

i used to take bus passing by that place

i will said it is a nice place

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    i used to take bus passing by that place

i will said it is a nice place
    Indeed. I have been eyeing the place for a long time....

from rich to poor Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    Sigh.... i bought another project before they launched Verte.

My late grandfather used to own the land which is now "Telok Kurau Park" or along Lorong J but was acquired by the goverment in the 60/70s.

Part of my childhood was spent in Lorong J so i feel a great affinity to TK Park and Verte just happended to be there.

I would have love to return there but alas... i have committed to another one close by....

Anyone spend their childhood in TK area???
    waah your grandfather was very rich ah?

but govt play your family out. just like they played my wife's family out of a big piece of land in one of the 'kangs'.

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by from rich to poor
    waah your grandfather was very rich ah?

but govt play your family out. just like they played my wife's family out of a big piece of land in one of the 'kangs'.
    Well, i don't know if my grandfather was rich.. the fact is i am not

Oh if and if the goverment did not buy back that land... we could be... but that is a dream.... so what I could do now is to at least but a house near...

last time buy house so cheap!!!!

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    last time buy house so cheap!!!!
    The garmen will say last time policeman wore shorts leh.. so house also cheap (less materials used)

Hi people,

any idea if this project is sold out?

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    Hi people,

any idea if this project is sold out?
    Dun think so. When i visited other projects in the same area, the agents were still recommending me this project. But interesting to note the showroom is closed for 2 weeks till 17 July.

Dun think so. When i visited other projects in the same area, the agents were still recommending me this project. But interesting to note the showroom is closed for 2 weeks till 17 July.
    Yup, i went there for a 2nd viewing.
    And found that its closed.
    What do you think of this project?
    Its priced at >$950psf....i think its very high..

ER Guest

Yup, i went there for a 2nd viewing.
    And found that its closed.
    What do you think of this project?
    Its priced at >$950psf....i think its very high..
    Yes, i think it is too high.. I am willing to consider at most $850 psf for this project... it is nice facing the park... but the downside is the noise... It can get rowdy at times....

Yes, i think it is too high.. I am willing to consider at most $850 psf for this project... it is nice facing the park... but the downside is the noise... It can get rowdy at times....
    Yup park facing should be the best units.
    But the prices dont seem to be dipping anymore...
    anyway many new condos to choose from...developers are panicking and thus waiting for prices to drop can only be beneficial to would-be buyers.
    Even if its sold out since its such a small development, there will be plenty to choose from..

No land Guest

Means not enough common area that belongs to you which means you own much less land which means the land is squeezed to the max with units which means no chance of enbloc ever, since you have maximised your land lah. Widen your scope, there're better projects around. This area lacks exclusivity. Exclusivity means the ability to exclude others, which means (i) Very expensive so that others cannot afford (ii) Very large land area which shields you from private eyes. All these very cramped apartments along narrow lanes in Telok Kurau with no facilities and no breathing space can't be conducive

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    hmm calling it an apartment means there's no facilities such as swimming pool?

Nonsense Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No land
    Means not enough common area that belongs to you which means you own much less land which means the land is squeezed to the max with units which means no chance of enbloc ever, since you have maximised your land lah. Widen your scope, there're better projects around. This area lacks exclusivity. Exclusivity means the ability to exclude others, which means (i) Very expensive so that others cannot afford (ii) Very large land area which shields you from private eyes. All these very cramped apartments along narrow lanes in Telok Kurau with no facilities and no breathing space can't be conducive
    By your definition, a leasehold condo with lots of land within itself and face lots of HDB flats is exclusive?

English Lesson Guest

Exclusive means the ability to exclude others. If it is a condo with not many units and huge plot of land around it that shields it from prying eyes, even if it is ulu place like Sembawag, it can be described as exclusive. It is different from prestigious. Go learn your English. So those apts very cramped together cannot be described as exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsense
    By your definition, a leasehold condo with lots of land within itself and face lots of HDB flats is exclusive?

English Professor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by English Lesson
    Exclusive means the ability to exclude others. If it is a condo with not many units and huge plot of land around it that shields it from prying eyes, even if it is ulu place like Sembawag, it can be described as exclusive. It is different from prestigious. Go learn your English. So those apts very cramped together cannot be described as exclusive.
    What nonsense... Most Condos, even if small, are well fenced to deter prying eyes. So they do have the ability to exclude others. There is no need for huge plots of land to do that.... Perhaps you should change career Teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by English Lesson
    This is a property forum.
    Not a forum which one would come to get better in the English Language.

Quote Originally Posted by No land
    Also means no Money

Nothing to say Guest

That's the problem. Wrong adjectives were used like "exclusive" and "boutique". Small with no architect means "boutique". What a joke! It only appears in TK forum. No other good points, so suddenly boutique here, boutique there. Small means small. Period.

This is a property forum.
    Not a forum which one would come to get better in the English Language.

Be fair Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing to say
    That's the problem. Wrong adjectives were used like "exclusive" and "boutique". Small with no architect means "boutique". What a joke! It only appears in TK forum. No other good points, so suddenly boutique here, boutique there. Small means small. Period.
    To be fair... these adjectives were never used by the developers in TK. These adjectives were used by people to crticise TK in other threads.

The units may be small in TK, but there are also big ones available. And small ones are also available everywhere and is not exclusive to TK area only. So a sweeping statement that all TK units are small is unfair. I made quite a bit of visits in my search for a unit in the eastern area. TK is still very attractive in terms of location.

Quote Originally Posted by Be fair
    To be fair... these adjectives were never used by the developers in TK. These adjectives were used by people to crticise TK in other threads.

The units may be small in TK, but there are also big ones available. And small ones are also available everywhere and is not exclusive to TK area only. So a sweeping statement that all TK units are small is unfair. I made quite a bit of visits in my search for a unit in the eastern area. TK is still very attractive in terms of location.
    Some people just dont see the potential of the area so its only normal for them to pass negative comments on the projects in TK.
    Some of the negative comments are fair, while some are basically posting for the sake of posting.
    I personally prefer to stay in small developments than big ones.
    I will never buy a development with more than 150 units.
    For me thats just too crowded.
    Too many people sharing too little facilities.
    For me there is no diff staying in HDB as compared to staying in developments with >200 units.
    It also depends on the land area of the development not the GFA.
    I'm not into airspace but rather livable land area.

Now back to TK.
    Actually only selected parts of TK are worth looking at.
    Its all about location...
    Some parts of TK which is rather inaccessible are best to be avoided.
    I'm still waiting for the developers in TK to drop their asking prices.
    Current prices are a bit too high.

Unregister Guest

Now back to TK.
    Actually only selected parts of TK are worth looking at.
    Its all about location...
    Some parts of TK which is rather inaccessible are best to be avoided.
    I'm still waiting for the developers in TK to drop their asking prices.
    Current prices are a bit too high.
    As compared to some other developments in other areas, i thought the prices asked for some developments in TK were pretty attractive. Then again, those who the ones which are inaccessible.