Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Is the hospital with curved balcony a public or private hospital?
    Yes.

facade-wall-1030x824.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    Bishan has only one main shopping mall I can think of (Junction 8) but Jurong East has 5 huge malls within walking distance to so many HDB flats now and yet the prices of HDB flats in the area has not moved much...

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    JLD is about the future.... Lakelife EC almost sold out is a testament to its potential. The price of HDB around JLD has certainly gone up , but they have not reached the same level as say Bishan is because the future has not yet arrived.
    Currently Bishan only 1 old shopping mall.. HDB resale already hit $1-mil..
    JLD currently 5 brand new shopping mall.. Yet need to depend on "future" to be able to see HDB resale to hit $1-mil??

So jialet?

Indeed.. Location is the main factor
    Last edited by Rysk; 12-01-15 at 12:35.

Why we always need to compare between region. Isn't it normal if there is different. Why we always compare which one is better. Yours or Mine. We will never be happy by doing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Ping View Post
    EBD, from the below statement alone, I can already tell how vicious and unreasonable you are.

First and foremost, did Ringo ever tell you what he bought? the size of his apartment? how much psf he paid for it?
    If not why should he bother to admit or deny it?
    Dear departed Ringo.

I know you will not be able to answer this as you have now left for good. This is just to clear up any misconceptions other forummers may have - if they have made the mistake of linking supporting development in the west with the necessity to support someone who has now been completely exposed to be incredibly dishonest, not only about "clone" accounts, but also your final RIP post in the coffeeshop (Glad you took up my idea) which is massively contradictory to all your postings on condormitories, CCR etc...

You are in this mess because you didn't engage with people like a reasonable mature adult. You only came back as Ling Ping and pretended to be reasonable and polite - and demand others do the same - after you got banned as Ringo.
    Unfortunately you didn't do too well at that either calling people childish etc on your very 1st post under a new pseudonym.

I have no issue with any other forummer , regardless of what they believe. That's because they don't get personal.

You did, and now you cry and moan that some people were not only prepared to stand up to your forum bully antics - but were much better at the game when provoked.
    You are now crying foul that after attacking people, they hit you back. This is not vicious.

Sad to see Ling Ping didn't make it through the weekend........... Wonder how many more you have stored away to be used later....
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon - it knocks over the pieces, craps on the board and flies back to it's flock to claim victory.

EDB, that kid will still be hanging around reading the pages. He will be back as a troll with another name.

The hospital definitely looks a lot nicer than J Gateway.
    Sure it is .... In fact if you compare apples to apples, you will find that it looks nicer than most of the other hospitals .

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiwara View Post
    Why we always need to compare between region. Isn't it normal if there is different. Why we always compare which one is better. Yours or Mine. We will never be happy by doing something like that.
    You are right! We shouldn't compare Lexus & Toyota.. also Audi & VW..

No question on Bishan price. It is what it is because the present potential is realized. Developments is not just about number of malls. It is whole ecosystem. JLD will needs 5 to 10 years to fully realize its full status. But for Bishan , you can see 5 to 10 years later, the ecosystem will see incremental change. Price will catch up in the next few years.

You speak as if Bishan has a fluorishing "ecosystem" now. In terms of town infrastructure, what is Jurong lacking that Bishan is not lacking presently?

No question on Bishan price. It is what it is because the present potential is realized. Developments is not just about number of malls. It is whole ecosystem. JLD will needs 5 to 10 years to fully realize its full status. But for Bishan , you can see 5 to 10 years later, the ecosystem will see incremental change. Price will catch up in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Is the hospital with curved balcony a public or private hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Sorry, misread ur question.

The building will consist of :
    Ng teng Fong General Hospital and Jurong Community Hospital.

http://www.juronghealth.com.sg/Our_H..._Hospital.aspx

It is a public hospital.

Oxymoron isn't it?

You speak as if Bishan has a fluorishing "ecosystem" now. In terms of town infrastructure, what is Jurong lacking that Bishan is not lacking presently?
    The future ecosystem refers to integrated connectivity , integration of leisure and parks to business area and edutainment and overall township aesthetic feel. JLD is evolving as a number of infrastructure is still under construction while some like the IHT have not started. BIshan is already established.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

JLD is already more well-established with 5 shopping malls now opened, Chinese Garden, Japanese Garden, and a hospital going to open soon etc.
    So JLD is already quite established in infrastructure compared to Bishan.
    However, JLD condo prices (except 1 anomaly JGateway) and HDB prices are way below Bishan.

Why?

3 main reasons I can think of:
    1) Location location location! (i.e. JLD location is not ideal compared to Bishan).
    2) JLD is the 1 and ONLY heavy industry town in Singapore! (anybody who can afford it will not want to live near heavy industry and prefer to live far away from these pollution sources!).
    3) Because of the above, JLD has low demand compared to Bishan. That is, JLD can't attract the kind of good "software" (i.e. people) who can afford and willing to pay much more for property prices there compared to Bishan.

The future ecosystem refers to integrated connectivity , integration of leisure and parks to business area and edutainment and overall township aesthetic feel. JLD is evolving as a number of infrastructure is still under construction while some like the IHT have not started. BIshan is already established.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    JLD is already more well-established with 5 shopping malls now opened, Chinese Garden, Japanese Garden, and a hospital going to open soon etc.
    So JLD is already quite established in infrastructure compared to Bishan.
    However, JLD condo prices (except 1 anomaly JGateway) and HDB prices are way below Bishan.

Why?

3 main reasons I can think of:
    1) Location location location! (i.e. JLD location is not ideal compared to Bishan).
    2) JLD is the 1 and ONLY heavy industry town in Singapore! (anybody who can afford it will not want to live near heavy industry and prefer to live far away from these pollution sources!).
    3) Because of the above, JLD has low demand compared to Bishan. That is, JLD can't attract the kind of good "software" (i.e. people) who can afford and willing to pay much more for property prices there compared to Bishan.
    Not denying the fact that Bishan 's location is good as it is more central . People have already gotten used to the fact and therefore willing to pay a premium for the location.

As I said Bishan is what it is today for what it is today. The potential is realized. Will it go up at a rate faster than JLD in future?

As I said Bishan is what it is today for what it is today. The potential is realized. Will it go up at a rate faster than JLD in future?
    Whether Bishan rate will go up faster than JLD in the future I don't know..
    I only know ppl paid for "future" price $16xx-$1700psf for OCR.. So how much faster can it go in the "future"?

In fact, coming ahead.. Great potential for downside before you asking ppl to guess what's the rate of upside lor..
    Last edited by Rysk; 12-01-15 at 20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk View Post
    Whether Bishan rate will go up faster than JLD in the future I don't know..
    I only know ppl paid for "future" price $16xx-$1700psf for OCR.. So how much faster can it go in the "future"?
    That begs the question - do you think you can get a JG one bedder at 850k when JLD is fully developed ? And who will sell at the price?

JLD is a new development, a vast improvement from the old Jurong.

Like Princess said, I was completely taken aback when I visited the malls, they are really Grand ... seriously must better than Velocity or what have you in novena ... small and cramp.

I believe in 5 to 10 years, with the malls and hospital, etc .... it will be a much sort after location.

Despite all this development in jurong the hdb prices there not moving much, speaks a lot about the price "potential". Bishan in its current state is not as developed as jurong east but why do we see million dollar hdb in bishan n none in jurong?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post

Like Princess said, I was completely taken aback when I visited the malls, they are really Grand ... seriously must better than Velocity or what have you in novena ... small and cramp.

I believe in 5 to 10 years, with the malls and hospital, etc .... it will be a much sort after location.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post

Novena Square, why would anyone mention that dump? Or Orchard Tower, another dumpy place in Central full of hookers. Or Suntec, which is showing its age. The west has some of the best malls in Asia, not just Singapore.

Even Clementi Mall is better than Novena Square, where Teddy's kids attend tuition classes.

Hello you are back!

Can't believe you still believe your JURONG and JGateway are GEM (or GERM)?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    Novena Square, why would anyone mention that dump? Or Katong Mall, another dumpy place. The west has some of the better malls in Asia, not just Singapore.

Teddy, we are back in Canada now, but we keep our condo in West Coast. The rental yield is very good.

Teddy, give it time. Old habits die hard. When people get used to the idea of living in JLD and when they lose the fear of being laughed for living in the west, the property prices will skyrocket. It takes a great mind to take the first leap and reap the first mover benefit.

It is laughable to compare air quality between the West and the Central in such a small country. We live in a city in Ontario, it would take us two full days to traverse the province of Ontario. Singapore is no larger than the smallest city in Ontario, let alone the province.

Stalingrad,

May be you didn't see the scientific research reports by Europe EPA and US EPA etc. The report concluded that the most deadly effect is within a distance of 5km from these heavy pollution sources, and the effect becomes negligible after a distance of 10km. Therefore, even though Singapore is small, only a small area of Singapore, i.e. in JURONG, is SERIOUSLY AFFECTED by the POLLUTIONS from JURONG Islands and other parts of JURONG with the heavy industry plants, the 5km distance that Ringo drawn, or I called it the 5km DEADLY POLLUTION ZONE!

People who are in the know will be dead scare of this 5km DEADLY POLLUTION ZONE since we only believe in Europe EPA and US EPA, not your words because of your own self interest...............

Teddy, give it time. Old habits die hard. When people get used to the idea of living in JLD and when they lose the fear of being laughed for living in the west, the property prices will skyrocket. It takes a great mind to take the first leap and reap the first mover benefit.

It is laughable to compare air quality between the West and the Central in such a small country. We live in a city in Ontario, it would take us two full days to traverse the province of Ontario. Singapore is no larger than the smallest city in Ontario, let alone the province.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Stalingrad,

May be you didn't see the scientific research reports by Europe EPA and US EPA etc. The report concluded that the most deadly effect is within a distance of 5km from these heavy pollution sources, and the effect becomes negligible after a distance of 10km. Therefore, even though Singapore is small, only a small area of Singapore, i.e. in JURONG, is SERIOUSLY AFFECTED by the POLLUTIONS from JURONG Islands and other parts of JURONG with the heavy industry plants, the 5km distance that Ringo drawn, or I called it the 5km DEADLY POLLUTION ZONE!

People who are in the know will be dead scare of this 5km DEADLY POLLUTION ZONE since we only believe in Europe EPA and US EPA, not your words because of your own self interest...............
    Teddy, no western refineries are as large as those on Jurong Island, and no western refineries sport as high smokestacks as those at Jurong Island. Thus, the effect of pollution from JI would be felt across the island, no matter where you live. In fact, with such high smokestacks, you are probably safer living close to the Island than away from it.

You are really ignorant indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The smoke stack in Singapore is actually shorter than those in US and Europe because the pollution regulations in Singapore are not as strict!

Teddy, no western refineries are as large as those on Jurong Island, and no western refineries sport as high smokestacks as those at Jurong Island. Thus, the effect of pollution from JI would be felt across the island, no matter where you live. In fact, with such high smokestacks, you are probably safer living close to the Island than away from it.

Good for you!
    After all, since you are not living in your condo in West Coast near those heavy pollution generators, Your health definitely will be in tip-top condition and you get to pocket good money!
    Pity those tenants who are ignorant about the health risks after paying so much because of people who are trying to pull a blind over their eyes!

Teddy, we are back in Canada now, but we keep our condo in West Coast. The rental yield is very good.

That begs the question - do you think you can get a JG one bedder at 850k when JLD is fully developed ? And who will sell at the price?
    Provided by then JG one bedder can rent out at minimum $3k per month..
    Do you think you can rent it out at min. $3k per month for this one bedder unit?

If the rental of these one bedder is less than 3k per month.. I can easily pick one unit 850k & below..
    Well, that begs the question on the rental.. Can rent out 3k and above per month?

Have you seen the layout of j gateway one bedder? Really a joke, worse than a one room hdb flat layout sold by hdb. At least for hdb flats people don't need to cook at the doorway entrance, all one bedroom units in j gateway require those living in it to cook beside the door at the entrance.

http://jgate-way.com/soho-1-bed/
    If the rental of these one bedder is less than 3k per month.. I can easily pick one unit 850k & below..
    Well, that begs the question on the rental.. Can rent out 3k and above per month?
    Last edited by Regulators; 12-01-15 at 23:11.

Rental demand for condo in JLD will be good. Why do you think Genting will want to build a hotel in JLD ?