Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    buy so little and talk so much, real kiasu.

Moderator, you should banned trolls like this or risk turning this forum into some mickey mouse playhouse.

I am pretty sure you are not going to attract many good site sponsors running a mickey mouse site.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Moderator, you should banned trolls like this or risk turning this forum into some mickey mouse playhouse.

I am pretty sure you are not going to attract many good site sponsors running a mickey mouse site.
    this thread "telling readers to beware" should be permanently lock.

this thread "telling readers to beware" should be permanently lock.
    sunrise,

It was locked. By the moderator as it was of no value - reporter2's words , not mine.
    After a few days spamming other threads and basically turning them into no value threads such as his beloved BEWARE thread - I'm guessing due to some withdrawal symptom he recreated it again

And yet he amusingly calls for people to be banned. Given that he has since recreated a thread that the moderator has locked - which kind of indicates he doesn't understand or accept the moderators authority - you have to wonder how he is not the one being banned

pm reporter2 if you want - see what he has to say on the matter.

If he does get banned he won't come back as a clone given how much he has berated everyone - truly or falsely - he has accused of being a clone.
    He will be gone forever - if he has any personal integrity..........

I personally dont mind him. Where else can you get such amusement for free. Not since the rambling days of Basic have we been treated to such hilarity as the way this fellow carries on.
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon - it knocks over the pieces, craps on the board and flies back to it's flock to claim victory.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD View Post
    sunrise,

It was locked. By the moderator as it was of no value - reporter2's words , not mine.
    After a few days spamming other threads and basically turning them into no value threads such as his beloved BEWARE thread - I'm guessing due to some withdrawal symptom he recreated it again

And yet he amusingly calls for people to be banned. Given that he has since recreated a thread that the moderator has locked - which kind of indicates he doesn't understand or accept the moderators authority - you have to wonder how he is not the one being banned

If he does get banned he won't come back as a clone given how much he has berated everyone - truly or falsely - he has accused of being a clone.

I personally dont mind him. Where else can you get such amusement for free. Not since the rambling days of Basic have we been treated to such hilarity as the way this fellow carries on.
    this guy r33 is going to be a big bully when gateway opens. pity those living around him. i somehow feel he is related to basic.

sunrise,

Stop all the flowery big talking lah. Property 101? All Fart No Shit??

Moderator, see link hor. All Fart No Shit is from EBD, not from me..

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...275#post416275

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...491#post458491
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

this guy r33 is going to be a big bully when gateway opens. pity those living around him. i somehow feel he is related to basic.
    We all can see you are spending too much time trolling in this thread and forum.

Just see for yourself how many useless childish and pointless post have you posted in this forum or should I said this THREAD, for the past few years.
    If you dont like the West, then start a thread of the EAST lah. why must always go around posting nonsense and talking shit??

Is this a case of ALL FART NO SHIT (EBD) seeking attention?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sea...searchid=97054

A HSR terminus in Jurong Lake District will most likely rigger off another round of new development and construction projects
    Considering the pace of transformation since 2008, I believe the entire landscape and skyline of JLD could change dramatically
    in the next 10 years. Exciting times for people living in the West.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is what I call "no software"...

Then in the next 10-20 years, Exciting times will be shifted to be for people living in the North or East? (and the West forgotten?)

Keeping shifting and everywhere in Singapore will huat anywhere, may be more so than JLD (since JLD is the only town in Singapore that is in the 1 AND ONLY heavy industry town!)

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub View Post
    A HSR terminus in Jurong Lake District will most likely rigger off another round of new development and construction projects
    Considering the pace of transformation since 2008, I believe the entire landscape and skyline of JLD could change dramatically
    in the next 10 years. Exciting times for people living in the West.

Actually it's a pity that over-eager fervour for one particular area and segment and overselling that led to disgust and disdain from others.

Jurong East itself has its own merits as well although not all like the area - I for one because of the expected crowd.

We also should recognise the relative value against one another and not overly push for or against one area or one segment.

How I miss the intellectually stimulating discussions just a few years ago...
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

URA....today Jurong Lake District is one of the most most exciting development project in Singapore...

http://www.eco-business.com/videos/f...3d-technology/

Property investors and home buyer should listen from the horse mouth

I doubt it - he has already posted before he intends to rent it out to as many people as possible as some kind of condormitory.

btw you can still see basic in action over on sgtalk.org market section under the name of century. Completely mad.
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon - it knocks over the pieces, craps on the board and flies back to it's flock to claim victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Actually it's a pity that over-eager fervour for one particular area and segment and overselling that led to disgust and disdain from others.

Jurong East itself has its own merits as well although not all like the area - I for one because of the expected crowd.

We also should recognise the relative value against one another and not overly push for or against one area or one segment.

How I miss the intellectually stimulating discussions just a few years ago...
    I agree. As an owner in the west myself I don't think he's done me any favours.
    There are good things about it, there are also bad things about it. But the hysterics he created here is ridiculous , starting with the word BEWARE - which if you look at any english dictionary "To be on guard against; be cautious of:" is a negative sentiment.

All areas are OK for me. Most important is not overpaying for where & what you are buying, a concept R33 to this day seems to be puzzled by hence why he constantly brings up "worst house, best street" without ANY understanding of what it means. He thinks its an actual address with a postcode - rather than a philosphy of getting the most value you possibly can for any given area.

I agree with the quality of discussion a couple of years ago.... certainly gone downhill since a certain someone joined here.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Then in the next 10-20 years, Exciting times will be shifted to be for people living in the North or East? (and the West forgotten?)

Keeping shifting and everywhere in Singapore will huat anywhere, may be more so than JLD (since JLD is the only town in Singapore that is in the 1 AND ONLY heavy industry town!)

Of course its possible, however its the timing to ride the momentum that is important. If you cant expect to see return in 4 to 5 years, then better dont invest.

If I am looking for investment property, I would rather have heavy industry with big tenant pool to keep my rental property occupied than to have it somewhere where I struggle to find tenant.

For own stay, it will be personal choice or depending where you grow up.

Well he's changed his customer status to "Banned". Don't get your hopes up - he's done this before, very childish & 100% predictable response.
    Mind blowingly predictable.

I suppose the only way of him to be original now is to continue this terribly orchestrated subterfuge forever.

I agree. As an owner in the west myself I don't think he's done me any favours.
    There are good things about it, there are also bad things about it. But the hysterics he created here is ridiculous , starting with the word BEWARE - which if you look at any english dictionary "To be on guard against; be cautious of:" is a negative sentiment.

All areas are OK for me. Most important is not overpaying for where & what you are buying, a concept R33 to this day seems to be puzzled by hence why he constantly brings up "worst house, best street" without ANY understanding of what it means. He thinks its an actual address with a postcode - rather than a philosphy of getting the most value you possibly can for any given area.

I agree with the quality of discussion a couple of years ago.... certainly gone downhill since a certain someone joined here.
    actually I agree with EBD. we are all investors. we don't have to go extreme to sell 'medicine' about JLD and in some way ridicule other locations. if I read r33 correctly, he is vested in Jgateway, but a lot of us are vested in many units of Jgateway added up.. but we do not go round 24x7 selling medicine .. just the word Beware is good enough.

Well he's changed his customer status to "Banned". Don't get your hopes up - he's done this before, very childish & 100% predictable response.
    Mind blowingly predictable.

I suppose the only way of him to be original now is to continue this terribly orchestrated subterfuge forever.

Not trying to be kaypoh here, but I notice your forum activities in the past months are only limited to specific topic that are not related to property discussion but mud slinging.

Regarding on the subject of property 101, I have to disagree with that statement actually because over the past 50 years, the urban landscape in Singapore is constantly evolving and you can obviously see that if you compare the current Jurong Lake District to Jurong East 10 of 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67 View Post
    actually I agree with EBD. we are all investors. we don't have to go extreme to sell 'medicine' about JLD and in some way ridicule other locations. if I read r33 correctly, he is vested in Jgateway, but a lot of us are vested in many units of Jgateway added up.. but we do not go round 24x7 selling medicine .. just the word Beware is good enough.
    Actually I find his thread very informative and I am sure many here will agree too. And I dont see anything wrong to post news about Jurong Lake District development.

if you dont like, just look away, thats no need to be upset or get into a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub View Post
    Of course its possible, however its the timing to ride the momentum that is important. If you cant expect to see return in 4 to 5 years, then better dont invest.

If I am looking for investment property, I would rather have heavy industry with big tenant pool to keep my rental property occupied than to have it somewhere where I struggle to find tenant.

For own stay, it will be personal choice or depending where you grow up.
    Depends really. Will need to know the type of tenants available. Conceptually, richer industry can pay more.

Budget HDB for the big heavy industrial tenant pool who share flat.
    Premium HDB/Condo for the middle class white collars with family who rent the whole unit.
    Premium Condos for the higher end white collar expats.

Many (Not all) that can afford nicer place works in CCR Grade A offices, maybe some will be at Changi Business Park/Seletar Aerospace Park, and only a handful at Jurong/Tuas and other misc locations ...

In short, understanding the real demand, and offering the right supply will be the winning formula.

Quote Originally Posted by PC08 View Post
    Depends really. Will need to know the type of tenants available. Conceptually, richer industry can pay more.

Budget HDB for the big heavy industrial tenant pool who share flat.
    Premium HDB/Condo for the middle class white collars with family who rent the whole unit.
    Premium Condos for the higher end white collar expats.

Many (Not all) that can afford nicer place works in CCR Grade A offices, maybe some will be at Changi Business Park/Seletar Aerospace Park, and only a handful at Jurong/Tuas and other misc locations ...

In short, understanding the real demand, and offering the right supply will be the winning formula.
    My elder brother has got a few private properties in D22, he is current renting out to expat tenants with kids studying around bukit batok, Jurong East and west coast area. Yield is very good and never have problem finding tenants. tenant mix around the area have changed a lot ever since Canadian International School move to Jurong East. I used to live in that area so I know the place very well. Considering the number of big organizations moving to Jurong Lake, I believe in the coming years, demand could potential outpace supply.

The rental at Westgate Tower is not cheap actually. The last time my boss told me was around $7psf. From what I read, CPG Corporation, Just Office, Lockheed Martin, United Overseas Bank, MEA Technologies, Future Lab and Joss Offshore are all moving into Westgate tower this year.

You missed the most important point - that is, are TOP SALARY people who are working there going to live in JURONG, the 1 and ONLY heavy industry town in Singapore?
    If not, then the support for rental is not strong in JURONG.
    Your brother too inexperience landlord and has not seen the 1998 type of recession yet...............

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Ping View Post
    My elder brother has got a few private properties in D22, he is current renting out to expat tenants with kids studying around bukit batok, Jurong East and west coast area. Yield is very good and never have problem finding tenants. tenant mix around the area have changed a lot ever since Canadian International School move to Jurong East. I used to live in that area so I know the place very well. Considering the number of big organizations moving to Jurong Lake, I believe in the coming years, demand could potential outpace supply.

The rental at Westgate Tower is not cheap actually. The last time my boss told me was around $7psf. From what I read, CPG Corporation, Just Office, Lockheed Martin, United Overseas Bank, MEA Technologies, Future Lab and Joss Offshore are all moving into Westgate tower this year.

West Coast is indeed a nice area.

Hopefully, foreign MNCs still retain Singapore as the HQ and they don't localize their management team. You need expats and foreigners to support the rental market so not much contribution from local organizations.

Btw, just curious, are your brother's tenants Indians?

You missed the most important point - that is, are TOP SALARY people who are working there going to live in JURONG, the 1 and ONLY heavy industry town in Singapore?
    Your brother too inexperience landlord and has not seen the 1998 type of recession yet...............
    That one is painful. 6-7 years of holding power needed.

From what I was told, some of his tenants are senior managers working in Tanjong Pagar and Tuas area. IIRC he once told me they are from shipping, pharmaceutical industry or something. But my agent friend also told me most tenants living around those area mostly those with a housing budget between $4,000 to $7000 per month. So you are right, they are not top salary people with >$10k housing budget type.

Having said that, I have got a friend who actually rent out his apartment in Lakeshore to live in D10 because of his son's school, and he was telling me that the rent he is collecting from Lakeshore is more than enough to pay for his rental at D10. At first I didnt believe him, but when I check the URA transaction then I realize the rental potential in that area.

Take Nov 14, a 4 bedder in Lakeshore was rented out for $6500 per month and thats is not even the penthouse, that only 1400-1500sqft. I reckon whoever that landlord is, with $6500 rental income, he or she can easily afford to live in a big apartment in D10. Maybe even the recently TOP dleedon?

When it is too good to be true, it really is too good to be true lah! Very simple!

I have rented out my units at like $2k per month more than my neighbours before. Everybody clapped and saying so good rents blah blah blah...
    So, shhhh, but I tell you the secret: I throw in $24k cash for the tenants to buy any furniture and touch up they want.... That is how we get super above market rate rentals.... Shhh, don't tell other people hor!

From what I was told, some of his tenants are senior managers working in Tanjong Pagar and Tuas area. IIRC he once told me they are from shipping, pharmaceutical industry or something. But my agent friend also told me most tenants living around those area mostly those with a housing budget between $4,000 to $7000 per month. So you are right, they are not top salary people with >$10k housing budget type.

Having said that, I have got a friend who actually rent out his apartment in Lakeshore to live in D10 because of his son's school, and he was telling me that the rent he is collecting from Lakeshore is more than enough to pay for his rental at D10. At first I didnt believe him, but when I check the URA transaction then I realize the rental potential in that area.

Take Nov 14, a 4 bedder in Lakeshore was rented out for $6500 per month and thats is not even the penthouse, that only 1400-1500sqft. I reckon whoever that landlord is, with $6500 rental income, he or she can easily afford to live in a big apartment in D10. Maybe even the recently TOP dleedon?

Quote Originally Posted by PC08 View Post
    West Coast is indeed a nice area.

Hopefully, foreign MNCs still retain Singapore as the HQ and they don't localize their management team. You need expats and foreigners to support the rental market so not much contribution from local organizations.

Btw, just curious, are your brother's tenants Indians?
    Foreign MNC (especially those non British and American) will usually retained some of their own people in senior management role for reporting purpose due to language and culture barrier. IIRC none of his tenants are actually Indians, they are mostly Caucasian from Norway, British, German, Japanese, American and once a Singaporean family.

When it is too good to be true, it really is too good to be true lah! Very simple!

I have rented out my units at like $2k per month more than my neighbours before. Everybody clapped and saying so good rents blah blah blah...
    So, shhhh, but I tell you the secret: I throw in $24k cash for the tenants to buy any furniture and touch up they want.... That is how we get super above market rate rentals.... Shhh, don't tell other people hor!

Do you mean you have to spend $24k to furnish and do up the place or do you give the tenant $24k in cash to spend as they like? But how do you ensure they dont break lease after say 6 months or something?

My friend told me that rent at Lakeshore is really super good, its comparable to what you might get in RCR or even CCR apartment. I reckon it could be due to its proximity to international school. e.g 3 bedder could command as high as $4700 per month.

Wow...Lakefront Residence is now setting the standard in JLD.

2 penthouses were transacted at $7800 and $8400 per month in Sep 2014.
    3 bedder 1000-1100sqft $5450 in Nov 2014.

Wow...Lakefront Residence is now setting the standard in JLD.

2 penthouses were transacted at $7800 and $8400 per month in Sep 2014.
    3 bedder 1000-1100sqft $5450 in Nov 2014.
    just did a propertyguru search. 7 to 9k, min 2000sqft, district 9 and 10.

665 properties found.

I think ringo33 is right about the JLD potential.

Foreign MNC (especially those non British and American) will usually retained some of their own people in senior management role for reporting purpose due to language and culture barrier. IIRC none of his tenants are actually Indians, they are mostly Caucasian from Norway, British, German, Japanese, American and once a Singaporean family.
    I understand what you mean, but the current trending is localization, or converting the expat to local package once they obtain the PR.

I just view white collar foreign indians as up and coming, having good budget and purchasing power ...