Thread: Ringgit slumps to 10-month low against Singdollar

Default Ringgit slumps to 10-month low against Singdollar

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...nst-singdollar

Steep decline comes amid fears that Malaysia will be hit by tumbling global oil prices

more jams expected over the weekends

Anyone care to share if it's a good time to buy into Aussie properties now considering such low exchange rate?

AUD450-500k gets a 6000sqft FH bungalow in Melbourne or Brisbane suburbs. AUD600-700k gets a 2bd apartment in Sydney or Gold Coast.

6% guaranteed rental yield for 2 years.

I'm seriously contemplating to buy into 1 and maybe retire there in my golden years. Can drive Ferrari too haha

I won't touch aussie properties, rental income tax is 30 over cents to a dollar of income n mortgage rates in Australia is very high. I would advice investments in places nearer to home like Thailand where yields are more decent.

Quote Originally Posted by AssetRichMoneyPoor View Post
    Anyone care to share if it's a good time to buy into Aussie properties now considering such low exchange rate?

AUD450-500k gets a 6000sqft FH bungalow in Melbourne or Brisbane suburbs. AUD600-700k gets a 2bd apartment in Sydney or Gold Coast.

6% guaranteed rental yield for 2 years.

I'm seriously contemplating to buy into 1 and maybe retire there in my golden years. Can drive Ferrari too haha

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    I won't touch aussie properties, rental income tax is 30 over cents to a dollar of income n mortgage rates in Australia is very high. I would advice investments in places nearer to home like Thailand where yields are more decent.
    thanks, i understand the rental tax bracket is high and town council fee/agent fee also high side on weekly basis.
    however i also consider other non-tangible aspects such as safety, work-life balance etc.

and i definitely don't envision myself driving Ferrari in thailand versus aussie.

Of course my points mooted seem that i made my mind but it's not a sure thing yet.
    just last year few of my friends hoot a few aussie properties at AUD1 = SGD1.3xx
    now is AUD1 = SGD1.06xx. 20+% drop (can it drop MUCH further?) really buay tahan liao haha

Australia Property you can only buy brand new launches. Resale are only to locals so basically you will be screwed both ways. I wont touch it.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Fees are high for aussie properties n mortgage rates 5%+ last I knew if not mistaken. Those buying for rental investment usually don't pay up the property in full as they would try to deduct as much as possible to save on tax. Some pay zero tax because of negative gearing. The other thing that makes it unfavorable to buy an aussie property is because resale units are often sold at a much greater bargain than new units you buy from developer. If you want to retire there n get a house, by all means, but for investment, there are better places to buy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by AssetRichMoneyPoor View Post
    thanks, i understand the rental tax bracket is high and town council fee/agent fee also high side on weekly basis.
    however i also consider other non-tangible aspects such as safety, work-life balance etc.

and i definitely don't envision myself driving Ferrari in thailand versus aussie.

Of course my points mooted seem that i made my mind but it's not a sure thing yet.
    just last year few of my friends hoot a few aussie properties at AUD1 = SGD1.3xx
    now is AUD1 = SGD1.06xx. 20+% drop (can it drop MUCH further?) really buay tahan liao haha

What if both SG and MY depreciates at the same time?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

More for future retirement, or for your kids overseas education.. i like the laid back lifestyle in aus, quite ideal for retirement

Quote Originally Posted by chiongkakis View Post
    More for future retirement, or for your kids overseas education.. i like the laid back lifestyle in aus, quite ideal for retirement
    unless u are citizen. if not the health care cost is not going to be cheap
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs