Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    The Center of South East Asia is Singapore, the chances of Singapore being selected is very high !!!

    Business // Tuesday, April 15, 2008 Tokyo Disneyland eyes new facility in Asia: chairman Time is GMT + 8 hours
    Posted: 15-Apr-2008 15:18 hrs Elderly guests with Mickey Mouse pose for photos at Tokyo Disneyland in Chiba on April 10. Tokyo Disneyland operators said on Tuesday they were considering opening a new facility in Southeast Asia as the park enjoyed its 25th year in operation The operator of Tokyo Disneyland said Tuesday it was considering opening a new facility in Southeast Asia as fans flocked to the theme park on its 25th anniversary..
    Oriental Land Co. chairman Toshio Kagami said the company wanted to operate a new leisure facility other than a theme park in Japan..
    "Maybe we will start with Southeast Asia," he told reporters here as Mickey and friends marked a quarter century in Japan..
    Some 15,000 fans queued up before the gate opened on the anniversary, according to the operator, which runs the park under a licence from Disney Enterprises, Inc..
    Many visitors, including children clad in Disney-character costumes, dashed towards their favourite attractions..
    Tokyo Disneyland opened in the suburbs of the Japanese capital on April 15, 1983 as the first Disney theme park outside the United States..
    Built on reclaimed land in Tokyo Bay dubbed "Maihama" -- a Japanese take on Florida's Miami Beach -- the resort has sprawled out to include hotels, a shopping mall, an aqua park and soon a permanent Cirque du Soleil..
    An Oriental Land spokesman said no firms plans had been drawn up for another facility..
    Hong Kong hosts a Disneyland, but government figures released in December showed that visitor numbers at the park fell by about 23 percent in its second year..
    The number of visitors to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, the water park that opened in 2001, has stood at about 25 million in recent years, up from 9.9 million people in Disneyland's first year..
    Since 1983, a total of 436 million people have visited the two parks that sit next to the megalopolis..
    But with Japan's population ageing and shrinking, analysts say the theme park's future does not look entirely rosy..
    In an effort to woo senior citizens, it launched a cut-rate annual pass for visitors aged 60 or older in March..
    The Oriental Land group's revenue from theme parks was 289.1 billion yen (2.86 billion dollars) in the year to March 2007 -- a far cry from the performances of other overseas Disneylands. AFP



    The operator of Tokyo Disneyland said Tuesday it was considering opening a new facility in Southeast Asia as fans flocked to the theme park on its 25th anniversary..
    Oriental Land Co. chairman Toshio Kagami said the company wanted to operate a new leisure facility other than a theme park in Japan..
    "Maybe we will start with Southeast Asia," he told reporters here as Mickey and friends marked a quarter century in Japan..
    Some 15,000 fans queued up before the gate opened on the anniversary, according to the operator, which runs the park under a licence from Disney Enterprises, Inc..
    Many visitors, including children clad in Disney-character costumes, dashed towards their favourite attractions..
    Tokyo Disneyland opened in the suburbs of the Japanese capital on April 15, 1983 as the first Disney theme park outside the United States..
    Built on reclaimed land in Tokyo Bay dubbed "Maihama" -- a Japanese take on Florida's Miami Beach -- the resort has sprawled out to include hotels, a shopping mall, an aqua park and soon a permanent Cirque du Soleil..
    An Oriental Land spokesman said no firms plans had been drawn up for another facility..
    Hong Kong hosts a Disneyland, but government figures released in December showed that visitor numbers at the park fell by about 23 percent in its second year..
    The number of visitors to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, the water park that opened in 2001, has stood at about 25 million in recent years, up from 9.9 million people in Disneyland's first year..
    Since 1983, a total of 436 million people have visited the two parks that sit next to the megalopolis..
    But with Japan's population ageing and shrinking, analysts say the theme park's future does not look entirely rosy..
    In an effort to woo senior citizens, it launched a cut-rate annual pass for visitors aged 60 or older in March..
    The Oriental Land group's revenue from theme parks was 289.1 billion yen (2.86 billion dollars) in the year to March 2007 -- a far cry from the performances of other overseas Disneylands. AFP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    We dont have the space for a Disney land.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    No Space, how can that be?

    There are thousand of acres of Empty land or reclaimed land in Singapore. Look at Future IR at Marina Bay, it is on reclaimed Land.
    I am very sure that Singapore will be among the top 3 shortlisted by
    Disney Land . Our EDB and STB definitely will give incentive to Disneyland inorder to make it attractive for them to be here.

    Beside other eligible cities in South East Asia will be quite far away in term of competitiness and attractiveness compare to Singapore.

    If Singapore is selected, it will be another news that will shake the property market.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    It will be good news. Don't have to travel to HK or Tokyo to see Mickey

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Quote Originally Posted by smartinvest
    No Space, how can that be?

    There are thousand of acres of Empty land or reclaimed land in Singapore. Look at Future IR at Marina Bay, it is on reclaimed Land.
    I am very sure that Singapore will be among the top 3 shortlisted by
    Disney Land . Our EDB and STB definitely will give incentive to Disneyland inorder to make it attractive for them to be here.

    Beside other eligible cities in South East Asia will be quite far away in term of competitiness and attractiveness compare to Singapore.

    If Singapore is selected, it will be another news that will shake the property market.

    Plenty of land and cheap in JB.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Yes JB has plenty of land but also plenty of robbers, rapists and racists.

    DisneyLand is certain short selling their brand if they go JB.
    This will make the DisneyLand brand even Cheaper

    DisneyLand Directors will certainly be doing their shareholders' a disservice if
    they think of JB. Real CHEAP for their shares too ....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Quote Originally Posted by smartinvest
    Yes JB has plenty of land but also plenty of robbers, rapists and racists.

    DisneyLand is certain short selling their brand if they go JB.
    This will make the DisneyLand brand even Cheaper

    DisneyLand Directors will certainly be doing their shareholders' a disservice if
    they think of JB. Real CHEAP for their shares too ....
    Singapore looks the more likely site.First class airport & other first class infrastructure & also the integrated resorts. All these will bring in the tourists . It will be more likely for Disneyland to succeed in Singapore than in JB. Land can be made available at the reclaimed land next to Marina Bay golf course.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsh
    Singapore looks the more likely site.First class airport & other first class infrastructure & also the integrated resorts. All these will bring in the tourists . It will be more likely for Disneyland to succeed in Singapore than in JB. Land can be made available at the reclaimed land next to Marina Bay golf course.
    That pc of land is too small and already eramarked for something else.Anyway the Malaysians already one step ahead of us in dealing with Disney.Besides we 'll have IR and Universal Studios.Another Disney here will be too obvious.Let our neighbours have a pie too.
    Last edited by Tony Blair; 17-04-08 at 18:58.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Blair
    That pc of land is too small and already eramarked for something else.Anyway the Malaysians already one step ahead of us in dealing with Disney.Besides we 'll have IR and Universal Studios.Another Disney here will be too obvious.Let our neighbours have a pie too.
    Any idea what that pc of small land beside the golf is earmarked for?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Wait for May/June when MP 2008 out.Very soon....be patient.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    The pie is too big for JB to swallow. It is only possible may be 2 or 3 decades later if JB could be developed to be like Singapore like now.
    Bangkok could be a better candidate than JB.

    Disneyland is a high end branded product , it simply cannot lower itself to come to JB . It is like trying to sell Tiffany or Cartier in our neighbourhood Market. Who will want to go to market to buy such highend product?

    JB does not have the infrastructure and social/political atmosphere to draw in Millions of visitors to Disneyland. If it is in Singapore, the parents can go to IR for gambling and the theme parks Universal studio or the DIsneyland.

    Singapore is never too small for 2 or even 3 theme parks. Look at Gold Coast it is a tourist resort with 3 theme parks. I think Singapore has the most qualities to attract Disneyland . It has all the qualities that Disney is looking for.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Quote Originally Posted by smartinvest
    The pie is too big for JB to swallow. It is only possible may be 2 or 3 decades later if JB could be developed to be like Singapore like now.
    Bangkok could be a better candidate than JB.

    Disneyland is a high end branded product , it simply cannot lower itself to come to JB . It is like trying to sell Tiffany or Cartier in our neighbourhood Market. Who will want to go to market to buy such highend product?

    JB does not have the infrastructure and social/political atmosphere to draw in Millions of visitors to Disneyland. If it is in Singapore, the parents can go to IR for gambling and the theme parks Universal studio or the DIsneyland.

    Singapore is never too small for 2 or even 3 theme parks. Look at Gold Coast it is a tourist resort with 3 theme parks. I think Singapore has the most qualities to attract Disneyland . It has all the qualities that Disney is looking for.
    For all your pleas,Disney is not coming here lah.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Sorry Dude , these are not pleas but true facts that will convince people and not PIE IN THE SKY .

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Blair
    Wait for May/June when MP 2008 out.Very soon....be patient.
    I hope it is something exciting and nice.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    http://www.disney.com.sg/

    Surprise ! the above URL is added to DNS just last few days. Something may be happening! Disney has already registered the URL in Singapore just as we were discussing on this issue .

  16. #16
    angelizm Guest

    Default Re: DisneyLand Coming to South East Asia ....

    Quote Originally Posted by smartinvest
    http://www.disney.com.sg/

    Surprise ! the above URL is added to DNS just last few days. Something may be happening! Disney has already registered the URL in Singapore just as we were discussing on this issue .
    omg.. cant believe it. disney.com.sg.. serious ah?! the IR is already on the way and now disney.. hmm..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    -: 25-10-21, 11:29
  2. Replies: 0
    -: 18-10-21, 11:35
  3. Replies: 0
    -: 14-09-21, 19:56
  4. Replies: 0
    -: 02-09-21, 13:45
  5. Replies: 0
    -: 30-08-21, 11:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •