Thread: Extension

Default Extension

If the tenant wants to extend for another month, so we need to prepare another contract and pay agent's fee.

Bro. IMO, not necessary with paperwork and involve agent for just one month extension. Not sure agent can charge you 2wk commission for 1 month rental. IRAS stamp fee will also incur cost too. It is really your call. The important to note that if your tenant is still legal working/staying in singapore.
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    If the tenant wants to extend for another month, so we need to prepare another contract and pay agent's fee.

a month is just a blink of an eye..

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Bro. IMO, not necessary with paperwork and involve agent for just one month extension. Not sure agent can charge you 2wk commission for 1 month rental. IRAS stamp fee will also incur cost too. It is really your call. The important to note that if your tenant is still legal working/staying in singapore.
    Thank you so much. The tenant said she is still considering whether to continue with the renting or rent elsewhere. If for you, what will you do?

I guess it all depends if this tenant has been a good tenant? If record has been good just offline let him/her stay and maybe just "officiate" with an email or letter between 2 of you? I will also hold on to the deposit and not refund yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I guess it all depends if this tenant has been a good tenant? If record has been good just offline let him/her stay and maybe just "officiate" with an email or letter between 2 of you? I will also hold on to the deposit and not refund yet.
    Thank you. Yesterday, my agent also called us to let her stay as a gesture since she is a good tenant.

The tenant will have to be a definite period of stay. Otherwise, rental market will only become more competitive. Why don't you agree on a slightly lower rent for another 2 years lease since you said they are nice people.
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Thank you so much. The tenant said she is still considering whether to continue with the renting or rent elsewhere. If for you, what will you do?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    The tenant will have to be a definite period of stay. Otherwise, rental market will only become more competitive. Why don't you agree on a slightly lower rent for another 2 years lease since you said they are nice people.
    Yup, I have discussed with my spouse and told our agent, if she wants to continue, we don't mind to lower a bit.