Thread: Location - next to Mrt or International foreign schools?

Default Location - next to Mrt or International foreign schools?

Which would be better for investment?
    Next to Mrt or International foreign school?
    And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    And why?
    You can have both. Buy Lakeville in JLD.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

JLD again? And subject to 96% of all SO2 pollutions generated in Singapore, not to mention many other pollutions and toxic gases (not measured yet).............

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    You can have both. Buy Lakeville in JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    JLD again? And subject to 96% of all SO2 pollutions generated in Singapore, not to mention many other pollutions and toxic gases (not measured yet).............
    pollution again? I thought we were already done with that?
    I have even created a thread for you so that you can stop POLLUTING in this forum.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...LLUTION-THREAD
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Please stop lying to all people in Singapore and from all over the world!

I am quoting facts provided by the government's statutory board, NEA:

Source : http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollutio...lution-control

specifying that almost 96% of total SO2 emission pollutions in Singapore was generated by the refineries and power stations, which are only located in the Singapore's West, Jurong area!

Quote Originally Posted by k00L View Post
    The Refineries in Jurong contribute 71% of Singapore total Sulphur dioxide (SO2) emissions - hence you see many SO2 sensors in JLD.... Beware... better avoid for your sake of your health... there is no need for sensors to validate that your lungs are subject to SO2 pollutants

Source : http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollutio...lution-control
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    So, it clear that >71% of Singapore's total Sulphur dioxide (SO2) emissions is from the West Jurong area!!! Who said so? The govt's NEA! See below:

Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) Emission Inventory

Sulphur dioxide (SO2) is one of the major pollutants in Singapore. The sources of SO2 emissions in Singapore include refineries, power stations, other industries, shipping and other minor sources such as vehicles, airport and construction activities. The 2012 SO2 emission inventory developed based on extensive emissions data collected from various sources is shown in the table below.

Sources Emitters SO2 Emissions (tonnes) Contribution of SO2 Emissions
    Refineries Shell 31,267 71%
    Singapore Refining Company 26,768
    ExxonMobil 26,683

Power Stations
    Tuas Power 16,064 25%
    Power Seraya 8,557
    Senoko Power 5,963

In fact, if you include the power stations in Tuas, the total SO2 emissions from the West, Jurong area is almost 96% !!!!
    Yes, almost 96% of all SO2 emissions pollutions in Singapore is generated in the West, Jurong area!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    pollution again? I thought we were already done with that?
    I have even created a thread for you so that you can stop POLLUTING in this forum.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...LLUTION-THREAD

And why?
    For investment, I will prefer MRT...but also take note that not all MRT stations are the same... still any mrt station will not close down if our population will be increasing in future.... Internation foreign school is also good choice....both are ok actually, no mistake.
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Quote Originally Posted by walkthetiger View Post
    For investment, I will prefer MRT...but also take note that not all MRT stations are the same... still any mrt station will not close down if our population will be increasing in future.... Internation foreign school is also good choice....both are ok actually, no mistake.
    Oic. Do you mean underground vs above ground mrt? Will the tenant mix will be different from those residing near mrt vs foreign international school?

Oic. Do you mean underground vs above ground mrt? Will the tenant mix will be different from those residing near mrt vs foreign international school?
    It is the location of that station.. yes, the chances of tenant mix will be different, but definitely.
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

You need to know what kind of international school. Each school is different. SAS differs from IGS and UWC or CS.
    And why?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    You need to know what kind of international school. Each school is different. SAS differs from IGS and UWC or CS.
    Could you elaborate on this? what are the differences?

It boils down to their nationality, parents profile, etc. For example, I have I observed both UWC and SAS, there are very few by foot or public bus even though there are nearby condos. A lot of them come by school bus or driven to school.
    Could you elaborate on this? what are the differences?

It boils down to their nationality, parents profile, etc. For example, I have I observed both UWC and SAS, there are very few by foot or public bus even though there are nearby condos. A lot of them come by school bus or driven to school.
    Oic. That is extremely observant of you. I also wondered with the relocation of the international schools from central places to the suburbs... Would the parents choose to move?

International schools like Overseas Family School have 2 new condos literally right next to it..but I wonder if the parents wouldchoose to move from orchard to the suburbs? Maybe the tenant profiles would be mainly the teaching staffs since the parents most probably prefer to stay put in the orchard area.

My vote goes to mrt.

I would not like to live close to my office building. How about you if you? Especially working as a teacher.
    Oic. That is extremely observant of you. I also wondered with the relocation of the international schools from central places to the suburbs... Would the parents choose to move?

International schools like Overseas Family School have 2 new condos literally right next to it..but I wonder if the parents wouldchoose to move from orchard to the suburbs? Maybe the tenant profiles would be mainly the teaching staffs since the parents most probably prefer to stay put in the orchard area.

I would not like to live close to my office building. How about you if you? Especially working as a teacher.
    Actually I would love to live as close to my workplace so I can sleep longer, go back home for short Naps or food during meal breaks...N best part beat the crazy mrt crowd. OT dun have to worry home late...but perhaps that's only me.

As for the international schools I assume that most staffs are expats judging from the job openings advertised. So they would need accommodation but it doesn't seem to make sense if they chose a place reasonablely far away from work?

I prefer not to stay too close to office especially if several colleagues staying in the same area. Furthermore, if there is emergency, will be first to be called upon.
    Actually I would love to live as close to my workplace so I can sleep longer, go back home for short Naps or food during meal breaks...N best part beat the crazy mrt crowd. OT dun have to worry home late...but perhaps that's only me.

As for the international schools I assume that most staffs are expats judging from the job openings advertised. So they would need accommodation but it doesn't seem to make sense if they chose a place reasonablely far away from work?

I prefer near but not too near, maybe a few street away.. !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"