Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stadia at Yio Chu Kang - Any comments

East Mints Guest

Default Stadia at Yio Chu Kang - Any comments

Anybody went to the showroom -any comments?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Stadia at Yio Chu Kang - Any comments

Quote Originally Posted by East Mints
    Anybody went to the showroom -any comments?
    I went last weekend... was sourcing for a unit in that area... looks okie.. boutique development.. nice quite ambience, although one part was near a heavy road.. near mrt and facilities...

But when i said i want to consider first... the sales agent took back the brochure and said not enough copies....

Not enough brochures during a private preview... so unprofessional...

I am not buying from such a developer or sales agent...

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I went last weekend... was sourcing for a unit in that area... looks okie.. boutique development.. nice quite ambience, although one part was near a heavy road.. near mrt and facilities...

But when i said i want to consider first... the sales agent took back the brochure and said not enough copies....

Not enough brochures during a private preview... so unprofessional...

I am not buying from such a developer or sales agent...
    Which housing agency? compliant to the developer. I think this project is too expensive for the psf. Not really near to MRT. when we say near mean about 200 meter away from MRT.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Which housing agency? compliant to the developer. I think this project is too expensive for the psf. Not really near to MRT. when we say near mean about 200 meter away from MRT.

ha. don't know where they are from.. but we were quite annoyed. he treats us as if we were there solely there for the brochure and that thing costs a bomb... in another word, we were trated like cheap dirt...

we walked out then... did not bother to calculate the psf even afte he told us it was cheap as compared to other developments in that area. Yeah, you are right.. it wasn't that near the MRT.. just 'near'... the again.. in Sinagpore... everywhere is 'near' a MRT one way or the other....

Unregistered Guest

Can anybody share with me the exact location and psf they asking for? Thanks!

linwenyong Guest

I heard the psf is around $700 or so. Which is ridiculous considering how small the apartments are and how far away it is from the rest of the world. Their main selling point is that it is near Serangoon Stadium. If a Marketing agent has to resort to boasting about such "convenience", it says a lot about the property.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linwenyong
    I heard the psf is around $700 or so. Which is ridiculous considering how small the apartments are and how far away it is from the rest of the world. Their main selling point is that it is near Serangoon Stadium. If a Marketing agent has to resort to boasting about such "convenience", it says a lot about the property.
    Agree to a certain extent....

Business Times Guest

Default New Master Plan Expected To See Selective Changes

New Master Plan expected to see selective changes
    Key sectors seen benefiting include hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport

Kalpana Rashiwala
    The Business Times
    Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2008 - which will be exhibited soon - will see changes in land use and increases in plot ratios, but these will be selective and focused on growth areas, rather than a widespread upgrade in densities, DBS Vickers Securities said in a report dated yesterday.

The strategic initiatives from the Master Plan will filter down to improved growth fundamentals for various economic sectors. While the property sector will be a key and obvious beneficiary, also standing to benefit from the strategic outline are the hotels, aerospace, healthcare, transport and construction sectors, the report said.

More land will be provided for development of the aerospace industry and the establishment of a designated hub near Seletar Airport will continue to provide strong fundamentals for the sector's continued growth. For the healthcare sector, DBS Vickers sees a medical hub developing around the Novena area and 'we could see rezoning of land parcels in this area to facilitate the development of this medical hub'.

It also suggests plot ratio increases in some mature HDB estates, as part of the rejuvenation plan. With Jurong and Paya Lebar earmarked as new business hubs outside the CBD, 'we are likely to see a concentration of Government Land Sale projects in these two areas in the medium term'.

Noting that the authorities have revealed plans for new residential enclaves such as the area around Marina South Gardens and Kallang Basin, it said, 'we expect rezoning and plot ratio adjustments in these areas'.

'We expect much of the key significant land use and plot ratio changes to be concentrated in certain strategic areas - Seletar (aerospace industrial use), Jurong (new regional centre), Paya Lebar (commercial hub near city fringe), Marina Bay (white sites and residential), Novena (medical and healthcare), Kallang Basin (residential) and Ophir-Rochor (mixed development).'

The report added: 'With the phased opening of the Circle Line from 2009 onwards, we also expect to see an increase in plot ratios for undeveloped state land sites that are close to Circle Line MRT stations, and in particular those that intersect with existing MRT stations.'

'With interchange stations planned at Paya Lebar, Serangoon, Bishan, Buona Vista, Harbourfront and Dhoby Ghaut, we believe that the highest potential for plot ratio changes could come at the Paya Lebar and Serangoon stations, given that the area around the remaining interchange stations are already relatively built up,' DBS Vickers said.

Penthouse Fan Guest

Place is considered too remote to command the high psf, else I would get it

Goondu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse Fan
    Place is considered too remote to command the high psf, else I would get it
    Curious to know why you would get it, other than the remote factor?

paperplate Guest

Heard almost fully sold.

Ave psf above $800psf..

Most mass market condo below $1k psf are selling quite well...

Lakeshore is one very good example...TOP Dec 07 with psf around 750psf...now around 900psf..abit crazy

a 2 bedder unit at lakeshore rented out 3.5 to 4.5k...WOW

I tink market is hitting those prime condo above 1kpsf and those below 1kpsf are doing the catching up game..

Goondu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate
    Heard almost fully sold.

Ave psf above $800psf..

Most mass market condo below $1k psf are selling quite well...

Lakeshore is one very good example...TOP Dec 07 with psf around 750psf...now around 900psf..abit crazy

a 2 bedder unit at lakeshore rented out 3.5 to 4.5k...WOW

I tink market is hitting those prime condo above 1kpsf and those below 1kpsf are doing the catching up game..
    Quite agree but there are reasons why Lakeshore is still not fully sold despite TOPed.

Again agree that those below $1k are catching up....

But i disgress with stadia... the finishing and the quality do not command $800 psf and i agree with you the location is really remote......

Pacer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goondu
    Quite agree but there are reasons why Lakeshore is still not fully sold despite TOPed.

Again agree that those below $1k are catching up....

But i disgress with stadia... the finishing and the quality do not command $800 psf and i agree with you the location is really remote......

I dont know why you dislike stadia. i have been living in hougang for years. To me it is a superb location and price are cheap. walking distance to serangoon mrt with shopping centre in 2 yeras time bigger than Parkway Parade or IMM. Right in front is a stadium plus swimming pool . more importantly you need less than 10 mins drive to serangoon graden which is a hot place. Too bad all sold out within 1 month at this time of low key for property. To me this place will shoot up to more than 1000 psf very soon.

Hope more property in this area soon.

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer
    I dont know why you dislike stadia. i have been living in hougang for years. To me it is a superb location and price are cheap. walking distance to serangoon mrt with shopping centre in 2 yeras time bigger than Parkway Parade or IMM. Right in front is a stadium plus swimming pool . more importantly you need less than 10 mins drive to serangoon graden which is a hot place. Too bad all sold out within 1 month at this time of low key for property. To me this place will shoot up to more than 1000 psf very soon.

Well, I guess property price is very subjective. It all depends on individual preferences and usually people will tend to buy for self stay or invest within the area they are comfortable and familiar with.

However, as a general guideline, prime properties in D9,10,11 will have greater capital appreciation in the long run. Inevitably, the price gap between prime condos and mass market condo will keep getting wider. Income gap between rich and poor will gets wider and wider as well.

Goondu Guest

Nothing against Stadia personally. Just sharing my personal 2 cents worth of opinion why stadia is overpriced in today market in that location.

westerner Guest

Hey, I share your views. The location of Stadia and other properties around it is quite good (lotz of freehold too). Near mrt station and arterial road (upper serangoon) but not so near that you get road and train noise. You can reach city (dhoby ghaut) in less than 15 mins by train or by car (sub-highway to bendemeer)... got cte, pie, kpe to get to other parts of the island. Convenient but not overcrowded. Not to mention the wonderful food there, and yum yum, durian! I think there are gems in this area that have yet to be uncovered even in times like this. If I can afford a private property in this area I would get one...

Just my personal view of course...

please lah Guest

$800 psf??

I can get an old, unrenovated D10 or D11 Bukit Timah condo at $1000 psf now! Just spend $40k renovating it and it wil look stylish and new.

Why would I want to look at YIO CHU KANG???? SIAO!

Unregistered 13 14 Guest

#14 -05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05.

#14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05

Unregistered 13 14 Guest

#14 -05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05.

#14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05 #14-05

JP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by please lah
    $800 psf??

I can get an old, unrenovated D10 or D11 Bukit Timah condo at $1000 psf now! Just spend $40k renovating it and it wil look stylish and new.

what about the facilities and external facade..can the 40K covers?

here Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    what about the facilities and external facade..can the 40K covers?
    That's very true. you cannot change the external facade if it is really very dilapidated. some of the facilities in some condos are also so run-down that no one wants to consider such developments.

Penthouse Fan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goondu
    Curious to know why you would get it, other than the remote factor?
    I like the penthouse for its 4M high ceiling....but location doesnt justify psf....just tell someone u staying at sgoon, the first thing in mind is HDB. Location is still the key factor in property investment and status differentiation.

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by please lah
    $800 psf??

Jus be careful when u r buying resale units more than 10yrs...Do not forget to check the bathroom areas for possible leakage. Condo will have all their pipings concealed and leakages will tend to seep in after 5 yrs. You cannot possibly change the concealed pipings...

I feels that your comment is very childish and narrow minded.

People buy a property for various reasons...It could be due to the fact that it is near to their relatives and friends near to work place etc etc...

You should never think that your judgment is the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate
    Jus be careful when u r buying resale units more than 10yrs...Do not forget to check the bathroom areas for possible leakage. Condo will have all their pipings concealed and leakages will tend to seep in after 5 yrs. You cannot possibly change the concealed pipings...

I feels that your comment is very childish and narrow minded.

People buy a property for various reasons...It could be due to the fact that it is near to their relatives and friends near to work place etc etc...

You should never think that your judgment is the best in the world.
    d10 or d11 bt condo at 1k psf quite impossible d21 bt maybe

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    d10 or d11 bt condo at 1k psf quite impossible d21 bt maybe
    i certainly agree..its like comparing 10yo mercedez with a brandnew toyota vios. The worst thing may happen if you bot an old apt for a high price tag that may even results in a loss if it got sold enbloc...

Pacer Guest

For stadia, the condo , although stated yio chu kang road, it is actually at the end of yio chu kang just beside serangoon. I think for those that dont live in these neighbourhood will not appreciate why i think is a good location. Apart from the close proximity to Singapore post , shopping center , nice makan places and tonnes of pub, these is one of the most expensive place in north-east where hdb 5 room are selling for 500k. mind you there are demand.

Once the serangoon shopping center is ready, price will escalate. anyway the food surrounding the area and close distance to town are nice to have.

By the way , it is fully sold within 1.5 months at this period of time above 800 psf. Super hot and good locations.

paperplate Guest

For stadia, the condo , although stated yio chu kang road, it is actually at the end of yio chu kang just beside serangoon. I think for those that dont live in these neighbourhood will not appreciate why i think is a good location. Apart from the close proximity to Singapore post , shopping center , nice makan places and tonnes of pub, these is one of the most expensive place in north-east where hdb 5 room are selling for 500k. mind you there are demand.

Once the serangoon shopping center is ready, price will escalate. anyway the food surrounding the area and close distance to town are nice to have.

By the way , it is fully sold within 1.5 months at this period of time above 800 psf. Super hot and good locations.
    You are right if u compare some of the projects around that area. Furthermore, new launches in the mass market is hot right now compared to prime areas. Most condo prices in the suburbs are holding firmly and appreciate gradually...

If u are looking at that area, 850psf seems ok...Since kovan melody(99) further away from the city is transacting around 750psf and further down one leicester(FH) is transacting around 850psf. U know The Quartz...99 near to buangkok mrt is transacting ard 750psf..Moreover, u know the calrose(FH) at the other end of yck road is now transacting ard 850psf...so 850psf is the kind of price u got to pay for a freehold new launch project in that area i tink...

Many will only buy into their familiar places...and I got a few friends who so used to stay along east coast area and they will say any area outside east coast is too far for them...It doesn't make sense..but dont forget..we r humans afterall..

Fish Guest

any idea who the developer is for Stadia?

ER Guest

You sound like the agent for the developer. You stated all the good points but you have not stated the bad ones.

Pacer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    You sound like the agent for the developer. You stated all the good points but you have not stated the bad ones.
    Haha.... because my friend, i have been living in these neighbourhood for years. till today still like the surroundings. Well every area has its bad and good points no doubts. To me foods and transportation are critical in my selections.

Foods - Tonnes of pub in the surriunding with more in serangoon garden. Remind me of clark quary. Food are also tonnes here where i can have fine dinning in serangoon garden or hawker food in kovan town or serangoon town.
    For those living in these area will know serangoon garden are famous for hehe....

Transportation to city and work are quite accessible too..

What i meant is subjective to where you live in. But if you look at the transaction price for hdb or condo, you will know why the value is.

The beauty is right in front of stadia is astadium and swimming pool. too bad they sold out pretty soon.