Thread: Population growth report out

Must see which age groups grown.

If babies mainly, then cheong the larger units.

If singles mainly, then cheong the MMs.

If mostly low-mid income, HDB huat.

If mostly Eduardo type, we all die.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The next table tells you that. Growth in age 65 Is the most. PR have negative growth.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    The next table tells you that. Growth in age 65 Is the most. PR have negative growth.
    No wonder there is suddenly a huge focus on pioneer package, retirement housing, housing for singles etc.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Population is still growing and we will certainly hit the target of 6.9mil sooner. Non resident is growing and good for investor. One should be looking at the absolute number.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post

It is still within government planning, despite claiming that growth rate is one of the lowest , but with growth rate of 1.5% every year,singapore population will hit 6.9mil at year 2030

Just finish interview several people for a job in my company. Did not know that asian people who took up American citizenship will have to pay US200k to US garment if they do not want to be an American citizen anymore. Anyway population will grow otherwise our younger folks will have to pay higher taxes in the form of income tax, GST for everyone, etc. How can garment keep giving out goodies without income to replenish our reserve? 70k a year increase. By 2030, the population will be = 5.47mil + (70k x 16) = 5.47 +1.12 mil = 6.59 mil. It is close enough but likely to be more as they give birth along the way and people can live longer. My company wants to quanrantee us with a job up to 70 years old now with no paycut eventhough I am still a long way to retirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodchong View Post
    It is still within government planning, despite claiming that growth rate is one of the lowest , but with growth rate of 1.5% every year,singapore population will hit 6.9mil at year 2030

wah your company so bullish.. .not for ours.. very gloomy out look.. maybe it is a european company lar..europe not doing well at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Just finish interview several people for a job in my company. Did not know that asian people who took up American citizenship will have to pay US200k to US garment if they do not want to be an American citizen anymore. Anyway population will grow otherwise our younger folks will have to pay higher taxes in the form of income tax, GST for everyone, etc. How can garment keep giving out goodies without income to replenish our reserve? 70k a year increase. By 2030, the population will be = 5.47mil + (70k x 16) = 5.47 +1.12 mil = 6.59 mil. It is close enough but likely to be more as they give birth along the way and people can live longer. My company wants to quanrantee us with a job up to 70 years old now with no paycut eventhough I am still a long way to retirement.
    Just look at M3 Money supply and you will know.

http://www.ifa.sg/anyone-monitoring-...ply-singapore/

https://www.khanacademy.org/economic...y-m0-m1-and-m2

Fortunate to be in a job that is recession proof. In fact, there will be more demand during recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl67 View Post
    wah your company so bullish.. .not for ours.. very gloomy out look.. maybe it is a european company lar..europe not doing well at the moment.

Last edited by Arcachon; 26-09-14 at 19:33.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Fortunate to be in a job that is recession proof. In fact, there will be more demand during recession.
    Job that is recession proof and guaranteed with no pay cut until 70 yrs old? What industry r u in?

Perhaps time for me to switch industry! Though I have no wish to work til 70.

That is exactly what I think. Wow till 70 year old. Thinking of retiring at early like chestnut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Job that is recession proof and guaranteed with no pay cut until 70 yrs old? What industry r u in?

Perhaps time for me to switch industry! Though I have no wish to work til 70.