Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ardmore II (D10, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Default Ardmore II (D10, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Viewed this at the pre-launch. So far only one penthouse sold.

Priced from $2,000 psf to $2,500 psf, the entire development consists of similar-sized 4 bedroom apartments of about 2,500 square feet each.

Very subtle, very classy. It is what you would expect from a luxury developer like Wheelock Properties, nothing less.

I would take this over St Regis any day, but that's just me.

Watch this space for more details.

gooner Guest

Default More than 50% of Ardmore II units sold

Property
    Published September 28, 2006

More than 50% of Ardmore II units sold

WHEELOCK Properties, which conducted a soft launch of its latest luxury condominium, Ardmore II, on Tuesday, said yesterday that more than half of the units were snapped up on the very first day.
    Ardmore II offers four-bedroom luxury apartments at prices between $4.2 million and close to $5.5 million. At a standard 2,023 sq ft a unit, the average price of the units works out to $2,300 per square foot.

About 52 per cent of the 118 units at Ardmore II, located in the prime Ardmore Park area, were sold, said the company.

Ardmore II offers four-bedroom luxury apartments at prices between $4.2 million and close to $5.5 million. At a standard 2,023 square feet a unit, the average price of the units works out to $2,300 psf.

Even before the soft launch, interest in the development was high, said Tan Bee Kim, general manager for marketing at Wheelock Properties. Tuesday's launch was via appointment only, and all appointment slots were fully booked. Wheelock offered five appointments for each half hour period.

Ms Tan said the project saw especially strong interest from buyers of Wheelock's previous developments such as The Cosmopolitan and Grange Residences. 'We are delighted and encouraged that our development has attracted such enthusiastic response and definitive endorsement from our past purchasers,' she said.

'For the soft launch, we are giving a discount of about 10 per cent, but depending on the response, we will review the pricing.'

For Ardmore II, most of the buyers (80 per cent) were locals, said Wheelock.

Ms Tan said Wheelock's past projects usually had a good mix of Singaporean and foreign buyers. For The Cosmopolitan, Singaporeans account for about half of purchases; for Grange Residences, locals make up 60 per cent of buyers.

Designed by Architects 61, Ardmore II's two 36-storey towers sit on 90,000 sq ft of land across from the Shangri-La Hotel. The development is targeted for completion at end-2009.

Received a sms from a very dilligent Real Estate agent.

"Ultimate Fire Sale!!!ARDMORE II #3x-02 only selling @ $2,350psf nett.......owner selling @ Lost"

Is there more to come???

Default untitled....

how is this project compare to admore park ? similar standard?

Some units have been offered for 1700- 1750 psf , I think some will go down to 1500psf soon

Default ARDMORE II (Former THE HABITAT II)

Project Name-ARDMORE II (Former THE HABITAT II)
    Developer-Actbilt Pte Ltd(Wheelock Properties (Singapore) Limited)
    Property Type-Condominium
    Tenure - Freehold
    Total Units - 118
    Completion Date - Est 31 Dec 2010
    District - 10

>>> click here for more details >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    Received a sms from a very dilligent Real Estate agent.

"Ultimate Fire Sale!!!ARDMORE II #3x-02 only selling @ $2,350psf nett.......owner selling @ Lost"

Is there more to come???
    Unit SOLD shows that there r still alot of smart buyers.

tHIS is indeed a damn stupid buyer , just wait for June-August and that stupid buyer will be 20-30% down from what he had paid ..
    I am very sure they will be selling at 1400psf for a good unit with the rate the market crashing down right now ..

Few more units on the lower flr also going @ $2350psf nett. For Ardmore pk area, for it to go to 1400psf will take alot more than an recession! Cause if Ardmore Pk area is going for 1400psf...can u imagine wat will happen to other districts? I can't imagine Condos selling near or below HDB prices..

However i do know of a high flr unit just sold for $1850psf

Well, I already have agents SMSing me "Fire Sale Ardmore 2 Higher floor $1,750 psf " and this is only beginning ... I would be interested to buy somewhere at 1400psf , this is more realistic price I think ..

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog
    Well, I already have agents SMSing me "Fire Sale Ardmore 2 Higher floor $1,750 psf " and this is only beginning ... I would be interested to buy somewhere at 1400psf , this is more realistic price I think ..
    Well i would think its an imaginative/Fantasy price instead of realistic price...but of course i do hope u will get wat u want....good Luck

Well, it is not a fantasy price . Look around ! The whole world going into bancrupcy !!! One thing I can tell you , this is all only beginning , it is all going be very, very bad .. Possible even a World WAR -3 .. Americans have f...cked the world beyond your imagination and now have US$ 9 trillions of debts to the world .. They have to make a good reason to collapse that currency and not pay all the debts. All will be affected. Just wait and see what happens very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog
    Well, it is not a fantasy price . Look around ! The whole world going into bancrupcy !!! One thing I can tell you , this is all only beginning , it is all going be very, very bad .. Possible even a World WAR -3 .. Americans have f...cked the world beyond your imagination and now have US$ 9 trillions of debts to the world .. They have to make a good reason to collapse that currency and not pay all the debts. All will be affected. Just wait and see what happens very soon...
    There is quite possible saying that Super Inflation would come.
    It is becuase US have kept printing dollors..and dollors value has been falling down and down..
    Once Super inflation comes, all the house price will skyrocket due to continued fall of value of money.

By the economic theory, it is quite right and possible.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    There is quite possible saying that Super Inflation would come.
    It is becuase US have kept printing dollors..and dollors value has been falling down and down..
    Once Super inflation comes, all the house price will skyrocket due to continued fall of value of money.

By the economic theory, it is quite right and possible.
    There is a flaw in your theory. When inflation hits us, the money in hand cannot even feed empty stomachs. Do you think people would still have money to buy houses. And if people are not able to pay for houses, do you think there would be a demand? So what if you have a property and its value beats inflation? You still can't cash out to realize the value. Thus its still worthless because the asset (in this case your property) do not have market value due to lack of demand. Sometimes you guys really talk through your ass.

What you should be hoping for is NOT inflation or hyperinflation to support buying/ hlding properties. But rather inflation that is supported by general economic growth. Just like how a normal economy functions, not a speculated bubble economy like in the US or Asia in the last couple of years. Next few years will see a normalisation of economic activities.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    There is a flaw in your theory. When inflation hits us, the money in hand cannot even feed empty stomachs. Do you think people would still have money to buy houses. And if people are not able to pay for houses, do you think there would be a demand? So what if you have a property and its value beats inflation? You still can't cash out to realize the value. Thus its still worthless because the asset (in this case your property) do not have market value due to lack of demand. Sometimes you guys really talk through your ass.

What you should be hoping for is NOT inflation or hyperinflation to support buying/ hlding properties. But rather inflation that is supported by general economic growth. Just like how a normal economy functions, not a speculated bubble economy like in the US or Asia in the last couple of years. Next few years will see a normalisation of economic activities.
    Before you point out whether people talks thought their xxx, pls see your theory first.
    You said when inflation comes, people even don`t have money to feed themselves, but why you cannot think your salary will be raised according to degree of inflation???
    Can`t you remember singapore had the kind of inflation 1-2 years ago?
    At that time were there so many people who are suffering for starving??

All the market prices including house has been keeoing rising slowly according to inflation, and it is very sure that cannot compare the value of momey with 30 or 40 years ago.

Since this is quite abnormal that US issued so much dollors at once, and what I mean it may occur sudden and impactable inflation to us.
    Why not it comes suddenly since sub-prime cricis came to us suddenly last Oct??

Once this kind of inflation comes, there will be big difference between people who only has cash and who has property or gold.
    Those people has the big loan will be very much happy since value of loan will be dropped a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    Before you point out whether people talks thought their xxx, pls see your theory first.
    You said when inflation comes, people even don`t have money to feed themselves, but why you cannot think your salary will be raised according to degree of inflation???
    Can`t you remember singapore had the kind of inflation 1-2 years ago?
    At that time were there so many people who are suffering for starving??

All the market prices including house has been keeoing rising slowly according to inflation, and it is very sure that cannot compare the value of momey with 30 or 40 years ago.

Since this is quite abnormal that US issued so much dollors at once, and what I mean it may occur sudden and impactable inflation to us.
    Why not it comes suddenly since sub-prime cricis came to us suddenly last Oct??

Once this kind of inflation comes, there will be big difference between people who only has cash and who has property or gold.
    Those people has the big loan will be very much happy since value of loan will be dropped a lot!
    Sorry but I know its rude but this is precisely what I mean by talking through your ass. Look at your own post, `may'? `Why not?' Are you sure or are you hypothesing that the scenario will pan out? You said its `possible' in an earlier post. What's the probability? You are just sprouting rubbish that you do not even understand. So please save this kind of coffeeshop Theory of Economics with your fellow coffeeshop buddies.

Pls do not mistake normal inflation in a growing economy with the kind of hyperinflation that some bulls here used to justify property as a good hedge for inflation. And while you are at it, in fact salaries indeed did not rise in tandem with headline inflation. In fact real income decrease which is why I said there is a property bubble since property px has risen beyond real owners affordability.

The current correction in property price will come regardless whether there is recession or not for the simple fact it was a bubble waiting to burst. The global financial crisis and now global recession just happens to be the needle that prick the balloon.

Just to throw the discussion off-tangent a bit, actually in a few months time, the discussion above may even be moot because we could even be staring at an even more frightening monster, a deflation leading to a depression. And in a depression, lets just say 2/3 of the people in this forum will not even be surfing here anymore because they do not have money to pay their electricity bills. When that time come, I believe the only safe profession (monetary wise) are your police and soldiers. US Fed has already announced this last night.

So please stop the bullshit about inflation being a good enough reason to buy properties.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mUo&refer=home

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Sorry but I know its rude but this is precisely what I mean by talking through your ass. Look at your own post, `may'? `Why not?' Are you sure or are you hypothesing that the scenario will pan out? You said its `possible' in an earlier post. What's the probability? You are just sprouting rubbish that you do not even understand. So please save this kind of coffeeshop Theory of Economics with your fellow coffeeshop buddies.

Pls do not mistake normal inflation in a growing economy with the kind of hyperinflation that some bulls here used to justify property as a good hedge for inflation. And while you are at it, in fact salaries indeed did not rise in tandem with headline inflation. In fact real income decrease which is why I said there is a property bubble since property px has risen beyond real owners affordability.

The current correction in property price will come regardless whether there is recession or not for the simple fact it was a bubble waiting to burst. The global financial crisis and now global recession just happens to be the needle that prick the balloon.

Just to throw the discussion off-tangent a bit, actually in a few months time, the discussion above may even be moot because we could even be staring at an even more frightening monster, a deflation leading to a depression. And in a depression, lets just say 2/3 of the people in this forum will not even be surfing here anymore because they do not have money to pay their electricity bills. When that time come, I believe the only safe profession (monetary wise) are your police and soldiers. US Fed has already announced this last night.

So please stop the bullshit about inflation being a good enough reason to buy properties.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mUo&refer=home
    There is always pros & cons for this kind of issues, and it surely seems that you are not in my side.

There is very famous person who can have a coffee together to talk about this hyperinflation, Jim Rogers, since he is in singapore now.
    He is number one in, especially, commodity investment.
    He is the one that saying this theory in news interview, not in kopitiam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GygBxjJ0Jk

i just saw that the last recorded transaction for this is 1667/psf back in Feb...

Ha, also don't understand why to buy in a fallen market when you have to pay interest and still unable to move in .. better wait for TOP , so can buy cheap and move in straight away..

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_367426.html

April 23, 2009

Broken crane still dangling

By Jalelah Abu Baker

Police received a call on Wednesday night at about 11.20pm about a crane dangling at the Ardmore Park site, near the Shangri-La Hotel. -- ST PHOTO: JALELAH ABU BAKER

MORE than 15 hours after the crane snapped in strong winds on Wednesday night, its broken boom is still dangling precariously from the rooftop of an uncompleted condominium building in Ardmore Park.

Site managers said they are waiting for the go-ahead from the Ministry of Manpower to bring down the damaged crane, which is perched atop the 36-storey block.

Meanwhile, workers are cutting down four large trees around the block to prepare for the crane to be brought down so that it can be erected right away.

Traffic around the the Ardmore Park area, which is near the Shangri-La Hotel, were closed to rush-hour traffic on Thursday morning and the Pan-Island Expressway was jammed for hours.

Roads around and into the building site have been cordoned off. Workers who turned up at the worksite on Thursday morning were told to go home.

Police received a call at about 11.20pm on Wednesday night about the dangling crane, whose broken part was threatening to fall onto the ground.

'A lifting kit which was connected to the crane was found along the road,' said police

No one was injured in the incident. Ministry of Manpower officials were at the site on Thursday morning and held meeting with the site managers.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Prime%2B...ry_367792.html

April 24, 2009 Friday

Dangling crane causes massive jam

By Jalelah Abu Baker

The damaged crane hanging about 150m above the road. The crane's hooking block crashed to the ground late on Wednesday night. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

ABOUT 15 tonnes of metal is hanging precariously from the top of an unfinished condominium at Ardmore Park after part of a crane collapsed late on Wednesday night.

No one was hurt and no property damaged when the crane's hooking block - used to lift construction material up the 36-storey project - crashed to the ground at about 11.20pm on Wednesday. It occurred about the same time as an unusually strong wind storm.

The rest of the crane, secured by steel cables to a carriage, is dangling about 150m above the street.

The site was unoccupied when the incident happened. Residents of the neighbouring Abelia Condominium were evacuated and a security cordon was put in place, keeping residents out for the time being.

The incident caused a massive traffic jam at Stevens Road, Anderson Road and other roads leading in and out of Ardmore Park Drive yesterday morning.

Anderson Road was reopened at about 6pm after Ministry of Manpower (MOM) officers gave instructions to workers to secure the crane's dangling boom to its carriage.

The road was closed again when a mobile crane, meant to recover the damaged one, was erected through the night.

All work at the Wheelock Properties (Singapore) site has been halted.

Ardmore Park Drive could stay closed for a few more days.

The Manpower Ministry is working with the contractor, Poh Lian Construction, to ensure the safe removal of the damaged crane.

Poh Lian's building site manager, who only wanted to be known as Mr Seah, said that the strong gust of wind on Wednesday could have caused the boom of the brand-new crane to topple.

However, Mr Edwin Yap, president of the Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (Siso), said that Wednesday's strong winds may not be the sole cause of the crane's collapse.

He said there can be a few contributing factors for a crane to collapse: corrosion, lack of maintenance or issues with the securing mechanisms.

While the wind may not have been the sole culprit, it was 'the strongest wind' a crane operator from the nearby Ion Orchard construction site had ever felt.

'I was looking down the whole time. The wind was so strong that the boom (which typically weighs about 7 tonnes) was swinging in circles. In my 13 years here, I have never felt that kind of wind,' said the 36-year-old man who was working the night shift at 11pm.

MOM is currently conducting checks on all other cranes on the worksite. It also reminds all crane owners and users to conduct pre-operation inspections before using them.

ADDITIONAL REPORTING BY GOH YI HAN & KIMBERLY SPYKERMAN

http://www.straitstimes.com/Prime%2B...ry_368131.html

April 25, 2009 Saturday

Delicate job of lowering damaged crane begins

By Jalelah Abu Baker

The crane on the left has been brought in to help remove the damaged part of the crane dangling 36 stories above at the Ardmore ll condominium. The recovery work is expected to end later today. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

THE mammoth task of removing the dangling part of a crane perched 36 storeys above a street in the Orchard Road area has begun, and is expected to end later today.

The main contractor, Poh Lian Construction, said the crane's boom will be dismantled by workers and lowered in parts by two mobile cranes by about 7pm.

The process is a delicate one and can be done in a few phases only in daylight and if it does not rain, for safety and visibility reasons, a spokesman added.

The 12-hour recovery operation comes after the crane's boom flipped backwards and bent over on Wednesday night at the Ardmore II condominium in Ardmore Park Drive. The incident happened at the same time that the island was hit by strong winds caused by a Sumatra squall.

No one was hurt when a small part of the crane crashed to the ground, but the boom remained hanging precariously, attached to the rest of the structure only by steel cables and slightly swaying.

Poh Lian submitted a final recovery plan late yesterday, after it was endorsed by a professional engineer and reviewed by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

Ministry officials then gave the construction company the go-ahead to proceed with the recovery plan when it was deemed sufficiently safe.

Anderson Road and Ardmore Park Drive, which have been closed since Thursday morning, will remain closed till the recovery work ends.

The two mobile cranes brought in to aid the recovery are the only ones of their kind in Singapore, according to Mr Ah Singh Gill, the general manager of Hiap Tong Crane and Transport, which brought them in.

They were erected by yesterday evening, although there was a slight delay in assembling the second crane due to a short halt in recovery preparations.

'The residents here wanted me to stop the work and let them out,' said Mr Singh, who was there to ensure that the cranes were being assembled safely.

Workers then moved the small crane, used to erect the larger one, which was blocking residents of Shangri-La Apartments.

But the five residents who were evacuated from Abelia Condominium next door may not be able to return to their homes for the time being.

Former remisier Peter Lim, who owns 80 per cent of the 11-storey condominium, was roused from his sleep by policemen, who evacuated his family soon after the incident occurred.

'The most difficult task was to evacuate my 86-year-old mother at midnight without giving her a heart attack,' he said.

Although his wife and two teenage children 'were steady' during the evacuation, transporting five big German Shepherds and a cat was a slightly more difficult task.

But Mr Lim understands the difficulty of the situation and is 'staying cool' about it.

MOM said it has not seen a tower crane incident like the one at Ardmore Park 2 in the past few years.

Investigations into why the incident happened are being carried out by the ministry.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Ardmore Park sales cross $3,000 psf
    The Edge
    Monday, 9 November 2009

The luxury residential segment is starting to see prices inch back to peak levels recorded in late 2007 and 1Q2008. The bellwether of luxury condos, Wheelock Properties’ Ardmore Park recently saw 2 units change hands in the resale market at above $3,000 psf, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis from Oct 9 to 16. Some property consultants attribute it to owners re-setting their prices to more lofty levels after SC Global’s announcement early last month that 6 units at its luxury Seven Palms in Sentosa Cove were sold at record prices of $11 million each, or $3,100 to $3,400 psf.

The 330-unit freehold Ardmore Park, located along Ardmore Park Drive and completed in 2001, features only four-bedroom apartments of 2,885 sq ft each and penthouses of 8,740 sq ft each.

Recently, a 27th floor apartment in one of the three towers changed hands for the third time at $9.2 million, or $3,189 psf.

The vendor had purchased the apartment for $5.25 million, or $1,820 psf, in October 1999, reaping a 75% capital gain after holding the property for a decade. The first owner had purchased the property at launch in July 1996 for $5.87 million, or $2,037 psf, which was the peak of the property boom a decade ago before the Asian financial crisis.

Another apartment on the 23rd floor of the same tower was sold for $8.8 million, or $3,051 psf. The seller had purchased the apartment just six months earlier in May for $6.45 million, or $2,236 psf, flipping it for a 36% capital gain.

This is the first time this year that apartments at Ardmore Park have crossed the $3,000 psf level. The last time was in April 2008, when an apartment on the 15th floor of another tower was sold for $8.68 million, or $3,009 psf. The record price psf achieved at Ardmore Park was for a 28th floor apartment sold in October 2007 for $10.05 million, or $3,484 psf.

Jacqueline Wong, head of residential at Jones Lang LaSalle, says the recent transactions at Ardmore Park of more than $3,000 psf is an indication that prices of luxury condos at selected projects are gradually returning to the levels seen during the peak of late 2007 and early 2008. “Apartments like Ardmore Park are the crème de la crème of the top-end market because of their quality, spaciousness and location,” she adds. “There’s not much new supply of such luxury condos right now, so buyers are looking at existing properties.”

In the landed-housing market, two Good Class Bungalows (GCBs) changed hands at $37.5 million and $27.35 million in the week of Oct 9 to 16. The $37.5 million, or $862 psf, achieved was for a conservation GCB on Chatsworth Park situated on a 43,497 sq ft freehold land area. “This GCB is sitting on a large plot of land, which is a rare find nowadays,” says JLL’s Wong. In the past, there were more GCBs with land areas of 25,000 to 45,000 sq ft but, over the years, many have been sub-divided into smaller entry-level GCB plots of 15,000 to 16,000 sq ft. Thus, investors are willing to pay a premium for such large GCB plots because of their scarcity, especially if there is potential for sub-division, Wong points out.

The site at Chatsworth Park has the potential for sub-division into two smaller GCB plots, even though the existing main house is a conservation building that has to be restored, notes Wong. While buyers of GCBs are mainly Singaporeans, increasingly, they comprise foreigners-turned-citizens or permanent residents.

The other GCB, on Belmont Road and with a sizeable land area of 29,310 sq ft, was sold for $27.35 million, or $933 psf. This is the third time the property has changed hands in as many years. The vendor in the most recent transaction had purchased the property in August 2007 for $23.3 million, or $795 psf, according to a caveat lodged with URA Realis. The previous seller had flipped the GCB after barely two months, having purchased it for $21.5 million, or $734 psf, in June 2007.
    Last edited by Reporter; 12-11-09 at 15:32.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog, 30 March 2009
    Ha, also don't understand why to buy in a fallen market when you have to pay interest and still unable to move in .. better wait for TOP , so can buy cheap and move in straight away..
    Did you buy? Congratulations!

The last transaction in October is doing at $2,650 psf. Ardmore Park has crossed $3,000 psf. You must be laughing to the bank now.

some may find it strange, but Ardmore Park seems to be a superior product vs Ardmore II despite the latter being more than a decade newer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Did you buy? Congratulations!

The last transaction in October is doing at $2,650 psf. Ardmore Park has crossed $3,000 psf. You must be laughing to the bank now.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    some may find it strange, but Ardmore Park seems to be a superior product vs Ardmore II despite the latter being more than a decade newer.
    never have the chance to view this.
    for condos anywhere in the world, maintenance is important ot project a positive image to owners/tenants and thereafter word of mouth from one to another. better layout condos are abundant but the X factor is the maintenance....imagine a 5star restaurant with lousy service

Hence they always say never buy into smaller projects where the owners run the project themselves and always end up with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    never have the chance to view this.
    for condos anywhere in the world, maintenance is important ot project a positive image to owners/tenants and thereafter word of mouth from one to another. better layout condos are abundant but the X factor is the maintenance....imagine a 5star restaurant with lousy service

Hence they always say never buy into smaller projects where the owners run the project themselves and always end up with issues.
    Hi Pal i don't quite understand what u mean by owners run the project themselves. Pls enlighten. Tks

Congratulations!
    Ardmore II has just hit a hïgh of $2,751 psf!

Ardmore II
    Address ....................... psf .............. Area ......... Price ............ Contract Date
    1 Ardmore Park #24-01 .... $2,751 psf ... 2,024 psf .... $5,566,000 .... 13 Jan 10

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Hi Pal i don't quite understand what u mean by owners run the project themselves. Pls enlighten. Tks
    for smaller projects, mgmt committee members who are the owners have to put more time to maintain the condos......owners/committee members are more active. larger condos have economies of scale to hire full team of maintenance staff

rule of thumb 100-250 units project shld be pleasant