Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When is the right time?

Default When is the right time?

Good time to get a condo now? Wat do you think?

Dont buy dont buy, wait for another 10 years. Just wait, in the mean time rent apartment can already

Quote Originally Posted by Thermofisher View Post
    Question too General, can give more detail.

1. Age.
    2. Monthly income.
    3. How many cherry taken(HDB).
    4. Cash
    5. Parent support.
    6. Condo for rental income or Capital gain.
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

1. Age.
    2. Monthly income.
    4. Cash
    5. Parent support.
    etc
    Bro. This is mine:

1. 38+
    2. 6000+
    3. No cherry taken yet, got a private apartment...now still svcing loan, outstanding loan @ 480k
    4. Cash around 200k
    5. Support parents every mth 1k
    6. Anything...just to invest for long horizon

Bro. This is mine:

1. 38+
    2. 6000+
    3. No cherry taken yet, got a private apartment...now still svcing loan, outstanding loan @ 480k
    4. Cash around 200k
    1. Private apartment any capital appreciation

e.g. my 2 Bedroom brought SGD 535,000 in Jun 2006, UOB valuation in Oct 2010 SGD 1,550,000.

2. Other than cash any CPF can use.

3. Property now is long term, call force saving and use other people money to help to pay down the mortgage.

1. Private apartment any capital appreciation

e.g. my 2 Bedroom brought SGD 535,000 in Jun 2006, UOB valuation in Oct 2010 SGD 1,550,000.

2. Other than cash any CPF can use.

3. Property now is long term, call force saving and use other people money to help to pay down the mortgage.
    So? what do you mean?!

So? what do you mean?!
    Cashout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_out_refinancing

This is highly risky but I like it....:-) make it, or break it. If u have a family, don't do it la, but if u are single, can consider...

Are you sure I could do a cashout so easily? Minus all charges etc how much do I left practically?

Are you sure I could do a cashout so easily? Minus all charges etc how much do I left practically?
    You never do, you never know.

How can a guy with a monthly salary of SGD 2000 + have 2 Private property and a 5 room HDB and stay in a Landed property in France.

Ah Kong job is to make you work till 65, your job is to retire as young as possible and see the world.

Thanks. Will do that tomorrow the first thing I reach office!

Bro. This is mine:

1. 38+
    2. 6000+
    4. Cash around 200k
    imo now not the right part of the cycle to buy. 200k as buffer is fine, but to plonk it into another pty is probably not adequate.

How can a guy with a monthly salary of SGD 2000 + have 2 Private property and a 5 room HDB and stay in a Landed property in France.

Ah Kong job is to make you work till 65, your job is to retire as young as possible and see the world.

Really? Wonder how did you manage to do that. Did you live on a shoestring budget to get enough savings to buy your 1st 2nd property many years ago? Or do you mean you had a high income but now that you have enough money so you have taken up a lesser paying job which is of interest to you?

Other then many petty arguments that keep recurring in many of the forum threads here, it makes me guilty to realize that many forumners have multiple properties with a lower income than me (if what they have declared is indeed true). Guilty cuz it would prob mean I could have done the same for myself if I had been more prudent in my spending on other stuffs

Rest in peace Dennis. Anyway TDSR is here to stay and it is the final nail to the property coffin.

Typical agent talk and i think he is more interested in getting people to join his workshop. Did he actually drop a hint on waterfront @ faber? hmmmm....

1. Age.
    2. Monthly income.
    4. Cash
    5. Parent support.
    etc

The right time to get a condo is when you have the money. A good time to buy a condo is when no one is buying.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Really? Wonder how did you manage to do that. Did you live on a shoestring budget to get enough savings to buy your 1st 2nd property many years ago? Or do you mean you had a high income but now that you have enough money so you have taken up a lesser paying job which is of interest to you?

Other then many petty arguments that keep recurring in many of the forum threads here, it makes me guilty to realize that many forumners have multiple properties with a lower income than me (if what they have declared is indeed true). Guilty cuz it would prob mean I could have done the same for myself if I had been more prudent in my spending on other stuffs
    One step at a time.

Starting pay in 1984 SGD 400, 1988 SGD 1,600, 2006 4,000+, 2007 2,000 +

1988 - 4 room HDB. sold (+ SGD 180,000)
    1995 - 5 room HDB, (SGD 250,000) 3 room HDB (SGD 65,000).
    2006 - 2 Bedroom Southbank (SGD 535,000)
    2011 - 3 Bedroom PH (SGD 1,305,800)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    The right time to get a condo is when you have the money. A good time to buy a condo is when no one is buying.
    You don't know how low the price will fall. I think a good time to buy is when you see the property price trending up, when people start having interest again.

If you have money, not necessary go for condo. go for landed for capital appreciation. go for condo if you want rental yield. very different. I doubt you have seen some bought landed and just leave it vacant! you can say that they are silly, but they don't need the rental income.

and when is a good time? when u have money now till 1H 2015 is a good time.

Look at the economy, it is growing, but look at property price, it is in reverse direction. This happen because of policy, which can be altered anytime. If price drop because of external factors or financial crisis, then u should worry.

Therefore, if you don't buy during this period, if economy is still doing well next year beyond (especially everyone expect US and Europe economy to look up), then you have no chance...what do you think when everyone say interest rate should go up by end 2015? very obvious reason. Both US and Europe should do well barring any unforeseen circumstances...
    why do you think those cooling measures are still there? what will happen if some are removed? I think you got the answer. don't buy now then when buy??

just my opinion, cheers...

One step at a time.

Starting pay in 1984 SGD 400, 1988 SGD 1,600, 2006 4,000+, 2007 2,000 +

1988 - 4 room HDB. sold (+ SGD 180,000)
    1995 - 5 room HDB, (SGD 250,000) 3 room HDB (SGD 65,000).
    2006 - 2 Bedroom Southbank (SGD 535,000)
    2011 - 3 Bedroom PH (SGD 1,305,800)
    Do u mean you still have ur 5 room and 3 room HDB? How can one own 2 HDB at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by challenger View Post
    You don't know how low the price will fall. I think a good time to buy is when you see the property price trending up, when people start having interest again.
    Buying property is not like buying stock. the moment there is light at the end of the tunnel market sentiment change, prices will rise very quickly, desperate seller will suddenly become less desperate, and those good units will be withdrawn from the market because the table has turn.

IF you want to buy property, this is a good time to buy because there are very few buyer fighting for the same unit. When situation turn, rest assure that you will not be the one only buyer jumping in.

As the saying goes, dont time the market and dont expect to catch the bottom nor the peak because no one can.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Do u mean you still have ur 5 room and 3 room HDB? How can one own 2 HDB at one time?
    If your parent or parent in law is renting HDB what will you do?

Trying to get another 3 room for my parent, they sold their 3 room to my youngest brother. Then I will have one 5 room HDB and Two 3 room HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    If you have money, not necessary go for condo. go for landed for capital appreciation. go for condo if you want rental yield. very different. I doubt you have seen some bought landed and just leave it vacant! you can say that they are silly, but they don't need the rental income.

and when is a good time? when u have money now till 1H 2015 is a good time.

Look at the economy, it is growing, but look at property price, it is in reverse direction. This happen because of policy, which can be altered anytime. If price drop because of external factors or financial crisis, then u should worry.

Therefore, if you don't buy during this period, if economy is still doing well next year beyond (especially everyone expect US and Europe economy to look up), then you have no chance...what do you think when everyone say interest rate should go up by end 2015? very obvious reason. Both US and Europe should do well barring any unforeseen circumstances...
    why do you think those cooling measures are still there? what will happen if some are removed? I think you got the answer. don't buy now then when buy??

just my opinion, cheers...
    I am not sure why you making so much noise. The thread starter is asking when is a good time to buy CONDO, and you are here talking about landed is better than condo?

this is personal opinion....noise only to u who don't like to hear what is not similar to yours...learn to accept others' perception.

I am not sure why you making so much noise. The thread starter is asking when is a good time to buy CONDO, and you are here talking about landed is better than condo?

I think I know how low price going to fall.

Price for my 2 Bedroom at Southbank should fall to SGD 535,000.

Price for my Terrasse should fall to SGD 1,305800.

Price for my 5 room HDB should be SGD 250,000.

When you know how the Bank create money from 1984 to 2014, you should also know how low price going to fall.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/sing...oney-supply-m3

The property price seems to trend down, but I can see people showing interest in it whenever the price is reasonable (absolutely not a crash), so, what's the stage now?