Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE of LANDSLIDE, better run!!

Default BEWARE of LANDSLIDE, better run!!

Landed property including terrace suffer huge drop in price in 2nd Quarter 2014.

Better run for cover

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Haha.....Ringo.....Ringo.....a.k.a. Mr. B, after 6 weeks still no reply to your posting. I pity your "relentless effort" to talk down the landed property market and so I take your pitifulness into account to reply you here. But unfortunately nobody else is interested in your theory anymore.

If you want attention in this forum, it is better for you to start talking about "Sky Storm".....

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Landed property including terrace suffer huge drop in price in 2nd Quarter 2014.

Better run for cover

Many landed bulls have already retired, perhaps being slaughter in the barn and become beef rendang.

limited supply, deep pocket, cash rich, holding power, hold forever, rich immigrants, etc etc.

What happen to all that theory?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Haha....Ringo.....Ringo.....After more than 3 weeks, still no reply to your posting. Like I said before, nobody is interested in nor believe in your "Land Storm" prophecy anymore. I don't want to be alone here entertaining you. You'd be better start talking about "Sky Storm" which I think may generate more followers.

Keep it up!

Many landed bulls have already retired, perhaps being slaughter in the barn and become beef rendang.

limited supply, deep pocket, cash rich, holding power, hold forever, rich immigrants, etc etc.

What happen to all that theory?

Yeah if got land storm, it will not be worse than sky storm as land is still more valuable in land scarce Singapore...still got pple interested in my terrace but I think TDSR limiting them....just testing market but think will take my advert out soon...

In April 2013, I have already warned you guys that landed property game is over.
    Some say landed has limited supply, some say landed property owners are cash rich,
    some say they are deep pocket, some say they have good holding power and some say
    that rich immigrants are rushing to buy up landed proerty??

Its pretty obvious that none of that actually materialized....BEWARE!!

Bro. My landed is fully paid up and not for sale as it is to pass on to the next generation. Why worry?
    In April 2013, I have already warned you guys that landed property game is over.
    Some say landed has limited supply, some say landed property owners are cash rich,
    some say they are deep pocket, some say they have good holding power and some say
    that rich immigrants are rushing to buy up landed proerty??

Its pretty obvious that none of that actually materialized....BEWARE!!

Erm, charts are sometimes not very accurate also, can be manipulated and can be skewed by small transaction numbers....but maybe, good to wait for expensive landed to fall more then u can pick durians if you can afford it cause when economy recovers, landed also rise more...not quite sure how to read this chart but I bought my terrace at 2010 when lines converge then they suddenly diverge so just wait for it to converge again maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Erm, charts are sometimes not very accurate also, can be manipulated and can be skewed by small transaction numbers....but maybe, good to wait for expensive landed to fall more then u can pick durians if you can afford it cause when economy recovers, landed also rise more...not quite sure how to read this chart but I bought my terrace at 2010 when lines converge then they suddenly diverge so just wait for it to converge again maybe....
    The landed property play is driven by greed, its driven about the potential to make big capital gain in short span of time.
    When this potential is gone, no one is going to pay ridicules amount for landed property because there is no value in holding
    them due to the poor rental yield, high maintenance cost and high property tax.

URA will be announcing the Q3 index this coming week and the chart should look even more shocking.

Can I ask you how is the index calculated and what does it measure? Who comes up with this index?

Can I ask you how is the index calculated and what does it measure? Who comes up with this index?

Property is for mid to long-term investment. It applies to all classes of properties and not just to landed. New citizen with money will be looking at landed property. You may want do some research first.
    The landed property play is driven by greed, its driven about the potential to make big capital gain in short span of time.
    When this potential is gone, no one is going to pay ridicules amount for landed property because there is no value in holding
    them due to the poor rental yield, high maintenance cost and high property tax.

URA will be announcing the Q3 index this coming week and the chart should look even more shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Property is for mid to long-term investment. It applies to all classes of properties and not just to landed. New citizen with money will be looking at landed property. You may want do some research first.
    If you have done your research why not share with us your findings and your source of information?

Perhaps at the moment, there are very little new citizen with money, thats why price of property are falling despite no new supply.

Have extracted the latest caveats of transactions done for landed properties in D10 from URA. Not sure whether these indicate a firming of prices for transaction in Oct 2014.

Project Name
    Street Name
    Type
    Postal
    District
    Market
    Segment
    Tenure
    No. of
    Units
    Price
    ($)
    Area
    (Sqft)1

Type of
    Area2

Floor Level
    Unit Price
    ($psf)3

Date of Option
    Exercised / Sales
    Agreement Signed
    DUKE'S GARDEN DUCHESS ROAD Semi-Detached House 10 CCR 999 yrs lease commencing from 1875 1 8,800,000 3,777 Land - 2,330 Oct-14
    SHAMROCK PARK NAMLY DRIVE Detached House 10 CCR Freehold 1 10,200,000 5,426 Land - 1,880 Oct-14
    LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT ROBIN CLOSE Semi-Detached House 10 CCR Freehold 1 6,500,000 3,221 Land - 2,018 Oct-14
    DUKE'S GARDEN PRINCESS OF WALES ROAD Semi-Detached House 10 CCR 999 yrs lease commencing from 1875 1 6,445,000 3,774 Land - 1,708 Sep-14
    BAN GUAN PARK GREENLEAF VIEW Semi-Detached House 10 CCR Freehold 1 7,100,000 3,589 Land - 1,978 Sep-14
    THE TENERIFFE LAUREL WOOD AVENUE Terrace House 10 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 1996 1 3,750,000 4,133 Strata - 907 Sep-14
    LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT KING'S ROAD Semi-Detached House 10 CCR Freehold 1 6,200,000 3,862 Land - 1,605 Sep-14
    LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT QUEEN'S ROAD Detached House 10 CCR Freehold 1 9,550,000 6,225 Land - 1,534 Sep-14
    PALMS @ SIXTH AVENUE SIXTH AVENUE Semi-Detached House 10 CCR Freehold 1 5,350,000 4,682 Strata - 1,143 Aug-14
    PALMS @ SIXTH AVENUE SIXTH AVENUE Semi-Detached House 10 CCR Freehold 1 5,730,000 4,951 Strata - 1,157 Aug-14

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Property is for mid to long-term investment - provided they are FREEHOLD properties!
    Those buying 99-years leasehold are all looking at short-term only, hoping to flip and sell to others at a better price within the first 10 years, or otherwise before 30 years is up...................

Hang on I think we need to distinguish between landed leasehold and landed FH. Landed FH will always be in demand. Landed leasehold on the other hand will be tough to weather through when they property becomes older and not well maintained and wasn't built to specs that others may like. Many will feel that it may not be worth it to buy that resale leasehold landed and having the need to tear down to rebuild or do major refurbishment incurring $$$

Of course i am referring to FH landed and at least in city fringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hang on I think we need to distinguish between landed leasehold and landed FH. Landed FH will always be in demand. Landed leasehold on the other hand will be tough to weather through when they property becomes older and not well maintained and wasn't built to specs that others may like. Many will feel that it may not be worth it to buy that resale leasehold landed and having the need to tear down to rebuild or do major refurbishment incurring $$$

Demand for freehold terrace in my area city fringe still seems good. Had a buyer yesterday but we not at home and insisted on no 2mil budget no view so they offered my neighbour who very smart, made a new, nice gate that cannot see inside and not at home...they offer him then he open for them to see, and they can offer without seeing inside first! From my second storey house, can see quite run down but viewers cannot see that from the impressive gate...

Do not sell if you can unless you know where to put your sale proceed in investment tool with ROI of at least 8%pa. Look at the potential growth area in your vicinity and you will know what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Demand for freehold terrace in my area city fringe still seems good. Had a buyer yesterday but we not at home and insisted on no 2mil budget no view so they offered my neighbour who very smart, made a new, nice gate that cannot see inside and not at home...they offer him then he open for them to see, and they can offer without seeing inside first! From my second storey house, can see quite run down but viewers cannot see that from the impressive gate...

It was mentioned in the same SingaporeEdge article (Oct) shown here. I have only managed to extract the first part. Look at those with holding power and wait for mid to long term.

If you have done your research why not share with us your findings and your source of information?

Perhaps at the moment, there are very little new citizen with money, thats why price of property are falling despite no new supply.

It was mentioned in the same SingaporeEdge article (Oct) shown here. I have only managed to extract the first part. Look at those with holding power and wait for mid to long term.

Is this a good representation of a trend? How many GCB transaction have we seen in the past 12 months? The transaction is so bad that even MM GCB are being classified as GCB these days to generate fake volume and noise.

HOLDING POWER WINS THE DAY.
    Is this a good representation of a trend? How many GCB transaction have we seen in the past 12 months? The transaction is so bad that even MM GCB are being classified as GCB these days to generate fake volume and noise.

HOLDING POWER WINS THE DAY.
    Enter and Exit at the right times rip rewards. The landed property game is over since last year. anyone who sold last year go pick up a much bigger land today for the same price.

People with $ power does not need to do much but just hold for long term. It is like buying blue chip for long term. Look at the HNW who will buy without the need to have rental income to support loan. Either you do not get it or ignore it.
    Enter and Exit at the right times rip rewards. The landed property game is over since last year. anyone who sold last year go pick up a much bigger land today for the same price.

People with $ power does not need to do much but just hold for long term. It is like buying blue chip for long term. Look at the HNW who will buy without the need to have rental income to support loan. Either you do not get it or ignore it.

You are wrong, people with money are very smart when comes to buying and selling property. Have you forgotten Simon Cheong sold his GCB last year? Have you forgotten that Sherman Kwek buy his first GCB when market is down? Property game is all about timing and there is no such thing and landed property will rise forever even if there is no new supply.

Like I said before, the landed property game is over, you cant make money on landed like before and when the potential is missing, so will be investors and buyers because its just not worth the risk and expenses. And btw, people hold bluechip is because it offering good dividends for landed, you will be running negative cashflow if you are cant find tenant or rent is too low.

Have already got the money in the safe. Question is how much I want to made unless prices goes back to 60s.
    You are wrong, people with money are very smart when comes to buying and selling property. Have you forgotten Simon Cheong sold his GCB last year? Have you forgotten that Sherman Kwek buy his first GCB when market is down? Property game is all about timing and there is no such thing and landed property will rise forever even if there is no new supply.

Like I said before, the landed property game is over, you cant make money on landed like before and when the potential is missing, so will be investors and buyers because its just not worth the risk and expenses. And btw, people hold bluechip is because it offering good dividends for landed, you will be running negative cashflow if you are cant find tenant or rent is too low.

Have already got the money in the safe. Question is how much I want to made unless prices goes back to 60s.
    Stop blowing your trumpet about your wealth or money in the forum. When you do that, chances are you have very little.

Time to grow up and be realistic to face it like a MAN.
    Stop blowing your trumpet about your wealth or money in the forum. When you do that, chances are you have very little.

Time to grow up and be realistic to face it like a MAN.
    I am not sure what MAN you are talking about. Perhaps one with big muscle and very little brain?

Those are the attributes of a man that you are referring to.
    I am not sure what MAN you are talking about. Perhaps one with big muscle and very little brain?