Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

  1. #1
    Any complaints please PM me
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,129

    Default Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 April 2008 0435 hrs


    SINGAPORE : Higher plot ratios and integrated developments with greenery and other features are among the wish lists of industry players, who are anticipating significant changes to the government's new Draft Master Plan.

    The master plan, expected to be released soon by the Urban Redevelopment Authority, will guide Singapore's land use over the next 10 to 15 years.

    Buildings in Singapore may get even taller, if property players have their wish.

    Topping the industry's wish list is higher plot ratios from the upcoming Draft Master Plan.

    A higher plot ratio means a more intensive use of land, which analysts say will go some way to supporting a larger population base and encourage existing building owners to redevelop their property.

    Chua Chor Hoon, Senior Director of Research at DTZ Debenham Tie Leung, said: "Many people would hope for the master plan plot ratio to be increased but I don't think that would be the case. I think there isn't really a need for the increase in plot ratio, unless there is some pressure for more space. If we intensify everything now, it will be very difficult to grow further in the future."

    For now, industry watchers expect the Draft Master Plan 2008 to provide more details about growth areas that have been identified by the URA previously.

    They are areas in Jurong, Paya Lebar, Kallang, Punggol and the Southern Ridges, which could support a range of residential, commercial and recreational activities.

    Market players also hope to see more interesting urban form where the features, like greenery and canals, are incorporated into the development plan.

    Analysts expect the government to continue to grow the Marina Bay area.

    They say effects will also be made to enhance the Central Business District.

    However, they are concerned that the parking problems in the CBD may be aggravated as old buildings make way for newer ones, which have fewer parking lots.

    Other possible key areas include more spaces for tourism and recreation.

    Industry players say sustainable economic development and the conservation of old buildings might also be on URA's cards. - CNA/de

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 April 2008 0435 hrs


    SINGAPORE : Higher plot ratios and integrated developments with greenery and other features are among the wish lists of industry players, who are anticipating significant changes to the government's new Draft Master Plan.

    The master plan, expected to be released soon by the Urban Redevelopment Authority, will guide Singapore's land use over the next 10 to 15 years.

    Buildings in Singapore may get even taller, if property players have their wish.

    Topping the industry's wish list is higher plot ratios from the upcoming Draft Master Plan.

    A higher plot ratio means a more intensive use of land, which analysts say will go some way to supporting a larger population base and encourage existing building owners to redevelop their property.

    Chua Chor Hoon, Senior Director of Research at DTZ Debenham Tie Leung, said: "Many people would hope for the master plan plot ratio to be increased but I don't think that would be the case. I think there isn't really a need for the increase in plot ratio, unless there is some pressure for more space. If we intensify everything now, it will be very difficult to grow further in the future."

    For now, industry watchers expect the Draft Master Plan 2008 to provide more details about growth areas that have been identified by the URA previously.

    They are areas in Jurong, Paya Lebar, Kallang, Punggol and the Southern Ridges, which could support a range of residential, commercial and recreational activities.

    Market players also hope to see more interesting urban form where the features, like greenery and canals, are incorporated into the development plan.

    Analysts expect the government to continue to grow the Marina Bay area.

    They say effects will also be made to enhance the Central Business District.

    However, they are concerned that the parking problems in the CBD may be aggravated as old buildings make way for newer ones, which have fewer parking lots.

    Other possible key areas include more spaces for tourism and recreation.

    Industry players say sustainable economic development and the conservation of old buildings might also be on URA's cards. - CNA/de
    Higher Plot Ratio breed higher expectation price of greedy owner.....Die

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Plot ratio increase only for URA land.Forget about pte land.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Plot ratio increase only for URA land.Forget about pte land.
    Then not so bad, Individual Owner the Worst........

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    If you have not bought anything in one of these areas, namely
    Jurong, Paya Lebar, Kallang, Punggol and the Southern Ridges,
    quickly do so now.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    If you have not bought anything in one of these areas, namely
    Jurong, Paya Lebar, Kallang, Punggol and the Southern Ridges,
    quickly do so now.
    The best is to buy Paya Lebar and Kallang.

    There is nothing to buy in Southern Ridges.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The best is to buy Paya Lebar and Kallang.

    There is nothing to buy in Southern Ridges.
    Paya Lebar will be the 2nd CBD.

    Kallang is Sports Hub?

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The best is to buy Paya Lebar and Kallang.

    There is nothing to buy in Southern Ridges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Paya Lebar will be the 2nd CBD.

    Kallang is Sports Hub?
    Too late for the Jurong one.
    Plan announced.
    Next time be more alert and act faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    Government announces plans for Jurong Lake District

    By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 April 2008 1129 hrs


    SINGAPORE: Singapore is planning to have its very own lake district in Jurong, which will be a magnet for business and leisure.

    The Jurong Lake District – made up of two precincts, Jurong Gateway and Lakeside – will offer a potential development area of 360 hectares or about the size of Marina Bay.

    National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan announced this when he unveiled the government's Draft Master Plan 2008 on Friday. This plan will guide Singapore's land use over the next 10 to 15 years.

    The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said the Jurong Lake District is expected to attract investments worth billions of dollars.

    Under the proposed plan, some 750,000 square metres of land will be set aside at Jurong Gateway for offices, hotels, food and beverage, and entertainment uses.

    It is also expected to add about 2,800 hotel rooms, equivalent to the hotel belt at the Singapore River area. Land to build 1,000 new private homes will be available as well.

    URA said the Jurong Gateway is set to be the biggest commercial hub outside the city centre – nearly 2.5 times the size of the Tampines Regional Centre.

    Lakeside, which is the other component of the Jurong Lake District, has been earmarked to be the next waterfront playground.

    Urban planners said there will be plenty of leisure options there, including nature-themed and edu-tainment attractions.

    But the centrepiece will be a new world-class Science Centre to be located next to the Chinese Garden MRT station.

    Visitors can also look forward to lush greenery and water-based activities like kayaking and dragon boating at Lakeside.


    - CNA/so

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The best is to buy Paya Lebar and Kallang.

    There is nothing to buy in Southern Ridges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Paya Lebar will be the 2nd CBD.

    Kallang is Sports Hub?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Too late for the Jurong one.
    Plan announced.
    Next time be more alert and act faster.
    Alamak! Wasted!
    Never mind, still have Paya Lebar Business Hub.
    No plan has been annonuced yet.

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Alamak! Wasted!
    Never mind, still have Paya Lebar Business Hub.
    No plan has been annonuced yet.
    I tell you. You will be late again for Paya Lebar.

  11. #11
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    They will always be late.

  12. #12
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    They will always be late.
    Jurong missed! So better buy Paya Lebar, Kallang and Punggol now. Don't miss it again.

  13. #13
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Jurong missed! So better buy Paya Lebar, Kallang and Punggol now. Don't miss it again.
    Wa!!!!! supermarket offer???? u think buy eggs isit?????? I dare u buy ny property now. Moron

  14. #14
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Jurong missed! So better buy Paya Lebar, Kallang and Punggol now. Don't miss it again.
    How big is Singapore? Everywhere you buy will also be the same lah. Prices are up. Govt is going to do up every corner of the country. Soon we will see a super city with all world class facility in Singapore.

  15. #15
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Wa!!!!! supermarket offer???? u think buy eggs isit?????? I dare u buy ny property now. Moron
    Stupid moron, why should we buy ny? Don't use your asshole to talk.

    Anyway, since you like shout the word "moron" anywhere. Let's have a game of shouting "moron" at each other until the administrator step in. Let's polute the forum. Nice game? You like it?

  16. #16
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Jurong missed! So better buy Paya Lebar, Kallang and Punggol now. Don't miss it again.
    Thanks. Don't think the plan for these will be out immediately. May still have a little bit of time.

  17. #17
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Thanks. Don't think the plan for these will be out immediately. May still have a little bit of time.
    Paya Lebar Business Hub is very good.
    Kallang is good too but limited to the area around the Sports Hub.
    Not sure what plan they have for Punggol.

  18. #18
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Wow! Finally ... even Jurong (the home of the sour grapes) get upgraded.

    See! I told all of you that this Government takes care of everyone and not just the rich.

    I am glad that everyone will be happy now.

    From now on, I don't think that there will be any more sour grapes posting on this forum.

    Even the sour grapes can now look forward to asset enhancement and join us to cheer the economy and the property market.

  19. #19
    CNA
    Guest

    Default Government Announces Plans For Jurong Lake District


    Government announces plans for Jurong Lake District
    Wong SiewYing
    Channel NewsAsia
    Friday, 4 April 2008, 1129 hrs

    .....
    Artist's impression of Lakeside Village, Jurong Lake District


    Night view of Jurong Gateway from Japanese Garden

    Jurong is set to be home to the largest commercial hub outside the city centre.

    The Jurong Lake District – made up of two precincts, Jurong Gateway and Lakeside – will offer a potential development area of 360 hectares or about the size of Marina Bay.

    National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan announced this when he unveiled part of the government's ‘Draft Master Plan Review 2008’. The blueprint will guide Singapore's land use over the next 10 to 15 years.

    The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said that some 750,000 square metres of land will be set aside at Jurong Gateway for offices, hotels, food and beverage, and entertainment uses.

    Jurong Gateway will be nearly 2.5 times the size of the Tampines Regional Centre and is expected to attract billions of dollars in investment.

    Speaking at the annual corporate plan seminar, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said decentralisation will be a key planning strategy. This will help bring jobs and recreational options closer to home.

    Under the proposed plan, 1,000 new private apartments will also be built at Jurong Gateway.

    Mr Mah said: "That is the initial estimate, but some of the sites around there are white sites. If there is more demand, we will certainly be able to reallocate.

    "But all this ultimately will have to depend on the market as well - how the market responds and whether the emphasis of more housing or more office. I think we will have to be guided by the market."

    Some 2,800 hotel rooms will also be added in the new district in anticipation of more visitors.

    And what will get them coming is a slew of nature-themed and edu-tainment attractions, which will spring up at Lakeside. A new world-class Science Centre will also be built next to the Chinese Garden MRT station.

    Visitors can also look forward to lush greenery and water-based activities.

    Urban planners said there is a lot going for Jurong as investors will be able to tap into a population catchment of over one million residents living in nearby housing estates, as well as leverage on some 3,000 companies already operating in the area.

    In addition, the new district will be served by three MRT stations and two major expressways.

    Apart from Jurong, Paya Lebar is also expected to be developed into a sub-regional centre. The URA will release more details in May.

  20. #20
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Paya Lebar Business Hub is very good.
    Kallang is good too but limited to the area around the Sports Hub.
    Not sure what plan they have for Punggol.
    Tuas Hub the best

  21. #21
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Paya Lebar Business Hub is very good.
    Kallang is good too but limited to the area around the Sports Hub.
    Not sure what plan they have for Punggol.
    Wah I like to do boating in Jurong.

  22. #22
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Wah I like to do boating in Jurong.
    It's coming your way!

  23. #23
    Messenger
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Read the Post Below - Before you take action

    I sent my buddy an e-mail asking if it was a good time to buy property in Singapore...

    He's a Hong Kong based Asia property analyst for a small successful private investment bank.
    He sent me this....(don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.)

    Quote:
    Well...I would wait at least another 6 months to a year.

    We told clients and investors to sell all Singapore holdings (property, stocks and everything else) in June 2007. We determined that prices would never, ever be higher and were predicting a 15% drop in pricing by March 2008 and 25% drop by June 2008.

    Rationale was simple and not rocket science.

    #1. There was no demand for housing when the boom started.
    The vacancy rates on existing housing were above New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and other major urban market levels. A Singapore property boom made no sense at all.

    #2. Singapore GDP...nice impressive numbers. But the growth was 99% construction related. There is no economic growth when the construction boom ends and those numbers are subtracted from the total.

    #3. The existing luxury housing vacancy levels in Singapore were adequate to fill the needs of Singaporeans and any possible influx of new senior executives for the next 5 years. Thus, there was no demand for executive luxury housing in the market.

    #4. Value for money on Singapore property for foreign investors is not good when compared to other projected growth economies. (several factors are weighed including psf, quality of workmanship, size of economy, projected growth of economy, lifestyle and culture of the market.)

    #4. The targeted future population numbers of Singapore are pie in the sky and completely without substance. Singaporeans are not having kids and the demand for jobs in Singapore will be service led lower paying jobs to supply the planned tourism developments. Non of these new inhabitants will be buying or renting condo's, especially in the high-end. And tourists visit, they don't buy or rent.

    #5. Singapore is not a supply/demand driven economy. It is a small, managed economy. Thus, the property development plans were lofty, risky, and not based on future real supply/demand realities.

    #6. There is a lack of real, transparent, objective information available in the Singapore market about the Singapore market. This leads to investors belief in hype and speculation rather than economic principles.

    #7. Global money supplies and markets are taking a beating and will continue to take a beating. The second call on the sub prime products happens this June so more big losses are expected. This will stall or even damage the Singapore economy.

    We expect distress sales in the property market to start soon. The high-end rental market is non-existent and the higher % of all unit sales were high-end investment property, speculator driven.
    These buyers need "wealthy" renters to subsidize the million dollar mortgages. Most locals cannot afford the rents the market is demanding.
    Surveys of multinational companies and banks have indicated that there is no boat-load of expats with a big housing allowance arriving at the Singapore port anytime soon. The new owner is now stuck with 100% of a very expensive monthly mortgage.

    Here is an example of one major high-end development I'm following to prove the point. These are some very telling numbers.
    600+ units launched
    20+ remaining at $2,000 per square foot via the developer.
    100+ units previously sold are now for sale privately less than 7 months after launch for $1,300 to $1,600 per square foot.
    The reason...no rental income.
    That tells me that property owners are willing to admit that market prices are down 25%+ already. Unfortunately, even at a 25% discount, there are no buyers.

    Existing Singapore residents are keeping the rental market buoyant due to the fact they sold their old places and are waiting for the prices to drop...OR...waiting for their new unit to be completed. These people are relatively small in overall numbers and definitely not going to rent high end luxury units. They are driving HDB, middle priced housing rents up right now. They are also demanding 12 month leases or even less if they can get it proving that they are waiting to move or sitting on the sidelines waiting for prices to drop.

    The Singapore property market is massively oversupplied today and more units are on the way. This is not good. This is should be extremely troublesome to anyone who owns property anywhere in that market. The potential valuation losses in the property market could be enormous, especially at the high-end. Overall prices could sink well below SARS levels and this could happen within 6 months to a year.

    The short lived property boom was very much like a pyramid scheme.
    It was all hype and no substance.
    The first guys in are now smoking big cigars.
    The last guys in are now left holding the ashtray.

  24. #24
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    The short lived property boom was very much like a pyramid scheme.
    It was all hype and no substance.
    The first guys in are now smoking big cigars.
    The last guys in are now left holding the ashtray.

    The writer above then got no substance. no bussiness in property, left
    to hold COCK in backlane.

  25. #25
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The short lived property boom was very much like a pyramid scheme.
    It was all hype and no substance.
    The first guys in are now smoking big cigars.
    The last guys in are now left holding the ashtray.

    The writer above then got no substance. no bussiness in property, left
    to hold COCK in backlane.
    Seems you are the one left holding the ashtray.

  26. #26
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger
    #1. There was no demand for housing when the boom started.
    The vacancy rates on existing housing were above New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and other major urban market levels. A Singapore property boom made no sense at all.

    #2. Singapore GDP...nice impressive numbers. But the growth was 99% construction related. There is no economic growth when the construction boom ends and those numbers are subtracted from the total.

    #3. The existing luxury housing vacancy levels in Singapore were adequate to fill the needs of Singaporeans and any possible influx of new senior executives for the next 5 years. Thus, there was no demand for executive luxury housing in the market.

    #4. Value for money on Singapore property for foreign investors is not good when compared to other projected growth economies. (several factors are weighed including psf, quality of workmanship, size of economy, projected growth of economy, lifestyle and culture of the market.)

    #4. The targeted future population numbers of Singapore are pie in the sky and completely without substance. Singaporeans are not having kids and the demand for jobs in Singapore will be service led lower paying jobs to supply the planned tourism developments. Non of these new inhabitants will be buying or renting condo's, especially in the high-end. And tourists visit, they don't buy or rent.

    #5. Singapore is not a supply/demand driven economy. It is a small, managed economy. Thus, the property development plans were lofty, risky, and not based on future real supply/demand realities.

    #6. There is a lack of real, transparent, objective information available in the Singapore market about the Singapore market. This leads to investors belief in hype and speculation rather than economic principles.

    #7. Global money supplies and markets are taking a beating and will continue to take a beating. The second call on the sub prime products happens this June so more big losses are expected. This will stall or even damage the Singapore economy.
    I have some questions for Mr. Hong Kong Property Analyst, can you be my "messenger" as well.

    #1. ChannelNewsAsia on 27 February 2008 reported that "Last year, Singapore saw over 63,000 new PRs, an 11-per-cent increase from 2006; and the city-state also welcomed more than 17,000 new citizens, a 30-per-cent jump."

    Every year, we have 63,000 + 17,000 = 80,000 new immigrants, that is not including foreigners who come here on employment pass (but not taking up citizenships or PRs).

    What do you mean "no demand for housing"? May I know where these 80,000 people are going to stay? Inside the canals?

    In case you are not familiar with Singapore, here is the news URL to our government broadcasting station regarding the news I quoted above.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...331492/1/.html

    #2. ChannelNewsAsia reported on 10 August 2007 that Singapore's "Financial services expanded by 17 per cent in the second quarter, up from 14 per cent growth in the first quarter, while the construction sector grew by 18 per cent, the strongest growth in almost 10 years. Growth in the manufacturing sector picked up pace to 8.3 per cent."

    No matter how I calculate, I don't know how you arrived at the figure that "growth was 99% construction related."?

    In case you are not familiar with Singapore, here is the news URL to our government broadcasting station regarding the news I quoted above.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...293171/1/.html

    #3. You said "The existing luxury housing vacancy levels in Singapore were adequate to fill the needs of Singaporeans and any possible influx of new senior executives for the next 5 years. Thus, there was no demand for executive luxury housing in the market."

    Then may I ask you what about this person called Jet Li?

    Your Hong Kong magazine wrote "Actor Jet Li moved to Singapore last year for his daughters’ education, reported Hong Kong’s Next Magazine recently ... he bought a S$7mil (RM16.1mil) unit at nearby Ardmore Park condominium."

    Is Jet Li a "senior executive" from some Multinational Company? Must luxury housing be only for "senior executives"?

    Is Jet Li's purchase of Armore Park luxury condominium illegal? Since he is not a "senior executive"?

    #4. Can you explain why our "projected growth of economy" is no good?

    A MasterCard International survey showed that"Being often touted recently as the next unexplored, potential-filled Asian emerging economy, Vietnam unsurprisingly registered, among the 13 nations surveyed, the highest score of 94.3 points in the MasterIndex of Consumer Confidence (MCC), which ranges from 0 to 100 points, with Taiwan posting the lowest at 29.7 points. Hong Kong came in second position with a score of 85.9 points, closely followed by China and Singapore, which posted 85.5 and 83.6 points, respectively." http://news.cens.com/cens/html/en/ne...ner_22113.html

    Singapore is ranked fourth, after Vietnam (94.3 points), Hong Kong (85.9 points), China (85.5 points) and Singapore (83.6 points).

    Singapore is ranked 4th and just 2.3 points behind Hong Kong as the next unexplored, potential-filled Asian emerging economy, why is that considered "no good"?

    #4 (You've got two points #4 and this is the second one) You said "Non of these new inhabitants will be buying or renting condo's, especially in the high-end."

    Then what about Dr. Sudhir Gupta, "Born in India, moved to Russia to get Ph.D. in agricultural chemistry. Started tire company in Moscow ... Escaped assassination attempt in Moscow 4 years ago; now shuttles between that city and Singapore, where he's a citizen.

    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/79/...upta_AHUD.html

    He bought a luxury bungalow at Binjai Park for $12.55 million and 22 apartments, including the 63rd-storey penthouse, in the second tower of The Sail @ Marina Bay condo for a total $31 million.

    Aren't these properties considered "high end", can you define what is meant by "high end"?

    #5. I don't understand your this statement at all "Singapore is not a supply/demand driven economy. It is a small, managed economy. Thus, the property development plans were lofty, risky, and not based on future real supply/demand realities."

    This statement totally confounds me so I need you to explain what you mean?

    #6. Why do you say that Singapore lacks "real, transparent, objective information available"?

    According to Jones Lang LaSelle report on Global Real Estates Transparency, "Highly Transparent countries for the first time in 2006 are Hong Kong, Sweden, France and Singapore, each having jumped to Tier 1 from Tier 2 since the 2004 survey."

    http://www.joneslanglasalle.com/en-G...kets+Trans.htm

    Singapore and Hong Kong both have been promoted from Tier 2 to Tier 1 as "Highly Transparent Countries", together with Sweden and France.

    So can you please explain your statement "There is a lack of real, transparent, objective information available in the Singapore market about the Singapore market."?

    #7. You predicted that "Global money supplies and markets are taking a beating and will continue to take a beating. The second call on the sub prime products happens this June so more big losses are expected. This will stall or even damage the Singapore economy."

    I want to ask, if you are so good at predicting, then last June (just before the sub-prime) did you go short-sell USD100 billion worth of US stock futures contracts through leveraged margin-trading account? Especially short Bear-Stearns shares, then you would be a multi-billionaire by now.

    Then why are you still working as a "Asia property analyst for a small successful private investment bank."?

  27. #27
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Hey Messenger, what a Buddy you have. Good try at cooking.

  28. #28
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Yes! This is the real forum that has facts and figures to study. Keep up the good work. Thanks

  29. #29
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I have some questions for Mr. Hong Kong Property Analyst, can you be my "messenger" as well.

    #1. ChannelNewsAsia on 27 February 2008 reported that "Last year, Singapore saw over 63,000 new PRs, an 11-per-cent increase from 2006; and the city-state also welcomed more than 17,000 new citizens, a 30-per-cent jump."

    Every year, we have 63,000 + 17,000 = 80,000 new immigrants, that is not including foreigners who come here on employment pass (but not taking up citizenships or PRs).

    What do you mean "no demand for housing"? May I know where these 80,000 people are going to stay? Inside the canals?

    In case you are not familiar with Singapore, here is the news URL to our government broadcasting station regarding the news I quoted above.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...331492/1/.html

    #2. ChannelNewsAsia reported on 10 August 2007 that Singapore's "Financial services expanded by 17 per cent in the second quarter, up from 14 per cent growth in the first quarter, while the construction sector grew by 18 per cent, the strongest growth in almost 10 years. Growth in the manufacturing sector picked up pace to 8.3 per cent."

    No matter how I calculate, I don't know how you arrived at the figure that "growth was 99% construction related."?

    In case you are not familiar with Singapore, here is the news URL to our government broadcasting station regarding the news I quoted above.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...293171/1/.html

    #3. You said "The existing luxury housing vacancy levels in Singapore were adequate to fill the needs of Singaporeans and any possible influx of new senior executives for the next 5 years. Thus, there was no demand for executive luxury housing in the market."

    Then may I ask you what about this person called Jet Li?

    Your Hong Kong magazine wrote "Actor Jet Li moved to Singapore last year for his daughters’ education, reported Hong Kong’s Next Magazine recently ... he bought a S$7mil (RM16.1mil) unit at nearby Ardmore Park condominium."

    Is Jet Li a "senior executive" from some Multinational Company? Must luxury housing be only for "senior executives"?

    Is Jet Li's purchase of Armore Park luxury condominium illegal? Since he is not a "senior executive"?

    #4. Can you explain why our "projected growth of economy" is no good?

    A MasterCard International survey showed that"Being often touted recently as the next unexplored, potential-filled Asian emerging economy, Vietnam unsurprisingly registered, among the 13 nations surveyed, the highest score of 94.3 points in the MasterIndex of Consumer Confidence (MCC), which ranges from 0 to 100 points, with Taiwan posting the lowest at 29.7 points. Hong Kong came in second position with a score of 85.9 points, closely followed by China and Singapore, which posted 85.5 and 83.6 points, respectively." http://news.cens.com/cens/html/en/ne...ner_22113.html

    Singapore is ranked fourth, after Vietnam (94.3 points), Hong Kong (85.9 points), China (85.5 points) and Singapore (83.6 points).

    Singapore is ranked 4th and just 2.3 points behind Hong Kong as the next unexplored, potential-filled Asian emerging economy, why is that considered "no good"?

    #4 (You've got two points #4 and this is the second one) You said "Non of these new inhabitants will be buying or renting condo's, especially in the high-end."

    Then what about Dr. Sudhir Gupta, "Born in India, moved to Russia to get Ph.D. in agricultural chemistry. Started tire company in Moscow ... Escaped assassination attempt in Moscow 4 years ago; now shuttles between that city and Singapore, where he's a citizen.

    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/79/...upta_AHUD.html

    He bought a luxury bungalow at Binjai Park for $12.55 million and 22 apartments, including the 63rd-storey penthouse, in the second tower of The Sail @ Marina Bay condo for a total $31 million.

    Aren't these properties considered "high end", can you define what is meant by "high end"?

    #5. I don't understand your this statement at all "Singapore is not a supply/demand driven economy. It is a small, managed economy. Thus, the property development plans were lofty, risky, and not based on future real supply/demand realities."

    This statement totally confounds me so I need you to explain what you mean?

    #6. Why do you say that Singapore lacks "real, transparent, objective information available"?

    According to Jones Lang LaSelle report on Global Real Estates Transparency, "Highly Transparent countries for the first time in 2006 are Hong Kong, Sweden, France and Singapore, each having jumped to Tier 1 from Tier 2 since the 2004 survey."

    http://www.joneslanglasalle.com/en-G...kets+Trans.htm

    Singapore and Hong Kong both have been promoted from Tier 2 to Tier 1 as "Highly Transparent Countries", together with Sweden and France.

    So can you please explain your statement "There is a lack of real, transparent, objective information available in the Singapore market about the Singapore market."?

    #7. You predicted that "Global money supplies and markets are taking a beating and will continue to take a beating. The second call on the sub prime products happens this June so more big losses are expected. This will stall or even damage the Singapore economy."

    I want to ask, if you are so good at predicting, then last June (just before the sub-prime) did you go short-sell USD100 billion worth of US stock futures contracts through leveraged margin-trading account? Especially short Bear-Stearns shares, then you would be a multi-billionaire by now.

    Then why are you still working as a "Asia property analyst for a small successful private investment bank."?
    Wah lau! All solid facts and figures.
    Nothing to say. I rest my case.

  30. #30
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Industry watchers hope new Master Plan will include higher plot ratios

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I have some questions for Mr. Hong Kong Property Analyst, can you be my "messenger" as well.

    #1. ChannelNewsAsia on 27 February 2008 reported that "Last year, Singapore saw over 63,000 new PRs, an 11-per-cent increase from 2006; and the city-state also welcomed more than 17,000 new citizens, a 30-per-cent jump."

    Every year, we have 63,000 + 17,000 = 80,000 new immigrants, that is not including foreigners who come here on employment pass (but not taking up citizenships or PRs).

    What do you mean "no demand for housing"? May I know where these 80,000 people are going to stay? Inside the canals?

    In case you are not familiar with Singapore, here is the news URL to our government broadcasting station regarding the news I quoted above.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...331492/1/.html

    #2. ChannelNewsAsia reported on 10 August 2007 that Singapore's "Financial services expanded by 17 per cent in the second quarter, up from 14 per cent growth in the first quarter, while the construction sector grew by 18 per cent, the strongest growth in almost 10 years. Growth in the manufacturing sector picked up pace to 8.3 per cent."

    No matter how I calculate, I don't know how you arrived at the figure that "growth was 99% construction related."?

    In case you are not familiar with Singapore, here is the news URL to our government broadcasting station regarding the news I quoted above.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...293171/1/.html

    #3. You said "The existing luxury housing vacancy levels in Singapore were adequate to fill the needs of Singaporeans and any possible influx of new senior executives for the next 5 years. Thus, there was no demand for executive luxury housing in the market."

    Then may I ask you what about this person called Jet Li?

    Your Hong Kong magazine wrote "Actor Jet Li moved to Singapore last year for his daughters’ education, reported Hong Kong’s Next Magazine recently ... he bought a S$7mil (RM16.1mil) unit at nearby Ardmore Park condominium."

    Is Jet Li a "senior executive" from some Multinational Company? Must luxury housing be only for "senior executives"?

    Is Jet Li's purchase of Armore Park luxury condominium illegal? Since he is not a "senior executive"?

    #4. Can you explain why our "projected growth of economy" is no good?

    A MasterCard International survey showed that"Being often touted recently as the next unexplored, potential-filled Asian emerging economy, Vietnam unsurprisingly registered, among the 13 nations surveyed, the highest score of 94.3 points in the MasterIndex of Consumer Confidence (MCC), which ranges from 0 to 100 points, with Taiwan posting the lowest at 29.7 points. Hong Kong came in second position with a score of 85.9 points, closely followed by China and Singapore, which posted 85.5 and 83.6 points, respectively." http://news.cens.com/cens/html/en/ne...ner_22113.html

    Singapore is ranked fourth, after Vietnam (94.3 points), Hong Kong (85.9 points), China (85.5 points) and Singapore (83.6 points).

    Singapore is ranked 4th and just 2.3 points behind Hong Kong as the next unexplored, potential-filled Asian emerging economy, why is that considered "no good"?

    #4 (You've got two points #4 and this is the second one) You said "Non of these new inhabitants will be buying or renting condo's, especially in the high-end."

    Then what about Dr. Sudhir Gupta, "Born in India, moved to Russia to get Ph.D. in agricultural chemistry. Started tire company in Moscow ... Escaped assassination attempt in Moscow 4 years ago; now shuttles between that city and Singapore, where he's a citizen.

    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/79/...upta_AHUD.html

    He bought a luxury bungalow at Binjai Park for $12.55 million and 22 apartments, including the 63rd-storey penthouse, in the second tower of The Sail @ Marina Bay condo for a total $31 million.

    Aren't these properties considered "high end", can you define what is meant by "high end"?

    #5. I don't understand your this statement at all "Singapore is not a supply/demand driven economy. It is a small, managed economy. Thus, the property development plans were lofty, risky, and not based on future real supply/demand realities."

    This statement totally confounds me so I need you to explain what you mean?

    #6. Why do you say that Singapore lacks "real, transparent, objective information available"?

    According to Jones Lang LaSelle report on Global Real Estates Transparency, "Highly Transparent countries for the first time in 2006 are Hong Kong, Sweden, France and Singapore, each having jumped to Tier 1 from Tier 2 since the 2004 survey."

    http://www.joneslanglasalle.com/en-G...kets+Trans.htm

    Singapore and Hong Kong both have been promoted from Tier 2 to Tier 1 as "Highly Transparent Countries", together with Sweden and France.

    So can you please explain your statement "There is a lack of real, transparent, objective information available in the Singapore market about the Singapore market."?

    #7. You predicted that "Global money supplies and markets are taking a beating and will continue to take a beating. The second call on the sub prime products happens this June so more big losses are expected. This will stall or even damage the Singapore economy."

    I want to ask, if you are so good at predicting, then last June (just before the sub-prime) did you go short-sell USD100 billion worth of US stock futures contracts through leveraged margin-trading account? Especially short Bear-Stearns shares, then you would be a multi-billionaire by now.

    Then why are you still working as a "Asia property analyst for a small successful private investment bank."?
    Is Mr Sour Grape going to post those questions and answers back to Mr. Hong Kong Property Analyst?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Existing GFA and Redevelopment GFA based on Master Plan Plot Ratio
    By speculator2nd in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 25-05-18, 14:04
  2. Why doesn't govt sell land with higher plot ratios?
    By sgbuyer in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 34
    -: 11-04-13, 10:46
  3. Industry watchers assuage over-supply concerns
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 17-09-12, 17:18
  4. Huh? What are plot ratios?
    By mr funny in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 30-06-08, 22:29
  5. Mah Bow Tan on business hubs, plot ratios
    By mr funny in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 29-06-07, 05:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •