Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Lou Guest

Default Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Hi all,

Lets hear your views on Telok Kurau/area, there is a number of developments going on as we all know. No doubt a nice and quaint place presently, but what do you make of that area in the future...

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Rojak development

Unregistered Guest

Lousy location. tanjong rhu and marine parade area is the prime of 15.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Got Potential meh ?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Got Potential meh ?
    Is really a Telok area!!!! Eg,all the street road is ver narrow and many old house etc.

Unregistered Guest

too many boutique or smalll developments there- bring down the values of the area.

Unregistered Guest

Cool Re: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Mix, too mix area in Telok Kurau. You ask a friend to find you there, they will usually loss.

D15 - Marine Parade, Tanjong Rhu
    D16 - Stick near to Bayshore

These are the value projects.

Unregistered Guest

Many old houses marked for conservation, so you should see the area looking the same even after 30 years!

Unregistered Guest

Got temple.. Got mosque.. Got church..
    v messy area...
    traffic jam everywhere
    cannot park near anywhere.
    So.... avoid

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

u forgot to say - got hospital also.....

very complicated place to live in - alot of lorong lolong lorong....

telok kurau in between marine parade and eunos. neither here nor there. mostly landed or 5storey apartments, limited facilities or view. Telok Kurau is under District 14.

Unregistered Guest

All the landed enbloc to give rise to cheap boutique slumps.

Unregistered Guest

Telok Kurau area is good.Surrounded by landed properties, mostly well to do people there. There is a mix of various races and some good schools for children within 2km. You will like it there.

Unregistered Guest

I find the place very cramped and easy to get lost. It's amazing they can squeeze an apartment is a tiny plot of land.

Hi guys, Telok Kurau is a traditional middle class residential area and the area is filled with landed properties of a wide range of ages. From the pretty modern bungalows to the run down 20 year old terraces. But overall, the area is still a good place to hunt for an affordable landed properties (relative to Meyer road part of Dist 15)

My personal opinion is that accessibility isnt as good for the parts in the middle of Telok Kurau ie. Lorong L that area cause it's right smack in the middle of the entrances/exits to ECP and PIE. This means that residents who wish to get to town has to endure the many traffic lights and slight congestion along Still road to get to either expressways. This issue is less of a problem as you progress either north or south as the proximity to expressways will make travel much more convenient.

Moreover, please take note that Paya Lebar has been ear marked as a area for the development of a regional business hub just like Jurong East. The official plans will be announced in May 2008 and though I dont expect it to be as earth shattering as the plans for Jurong east, the relative proximity of telok kurau and the kembangan private residential areas to the paya lebar commercial hub will be a boon to the those planning to live close to where they work. The main effects of the Paya lebar regional hub on the property market will mainly be felt in the Tanjong Katong and Kembangan area as there is very private residential areas near Paya lebar except the dodgy ones in geylang.

Unregistered Guest

Am a foreigner and been living in the Eastern region in the last two years. Honestly I find Telok Kurau area to be very charming... eclectic. It has all the ingredients to be another bohemia. Unlike the usual high rise modern condos you see at Marine Parade/Meyer area.... bit boring to me. Sorry, no offence intended.

Unregistered Guest

You r probably not v familiar with Singapore. There are more eclectic places. If you are more adventurous, try the older HDB estates. The bohemian places are more in the west like Bukit Timah or even Upper Bukit Timah - more greenery and spaces and interesting bistros.
    Am a foreigner and been living in the Eastern region in the last two years. Honestly I find Telok Kurau area to be very charming... eclectic. It has all the ingredients to be another bohemia. Unlike the usual high rise modern condos you see at Marine Parade/Meyer area.... bit boring to me. Sorry, no offence intended.

Unregistered Guest

I don't think one should jump in to buy a place just because there is regional hub 20 years down the road. In any case, the "hub" is at Jurong, Woodlands, Paya Lebar and Punggol, Bugis rite? So many hubs, almost everyone will be close to a hub by 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    Hi guys, Telok Kurau is a traditional middle class residential area and the area is filled with landed properties of a wide range of ages. From the pretty modern bungalows to the run down 20 year old terraces. But overall, the area is still a good place to hunt for an affordable landed properties (relative to Meyer road part of Dist 15)

My personal opinion is that accessibility isnt as good for the parts in the middle of Telok Kurau ie. Lorong L that area cause it's right smack in the middle of the entrances/exits to ECP and PIE. This means that residents who wish to get to town has to endure the many traffic lights and slight congestion along Still road to get to either expressways. This issue is less of a problem as you progress either north or south as the proximity to expressways will make travel much more convenient.

Moreover, please take note that Paya Lebar has been ear marked as a area for the development of a regional business hub just like Jurong East. The official plans will be announced in May 2008 and though I dont expect it to be as earth shattering as the plans for Jurong east, the relative proximity of telok kurau and the kembangan private residential areas to the paya lebar commercial hub will be a boon to the those planning to live close to where they work. The main effects of the Paya lebar regional hub on the property market will mainly be felt in the Tanjong Katong and Kembangan area as there is very private residential areas near Paya lebar except the dodgy ones in geylang.

Unregistered Guest

Question Re: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Hmmm... all these remarks and opinion going on here on this topic, so is Telok Kurau good too invest in or not ?

Unregistered Guest

Hmmm... all these remarks and opinion going on here on this topic, so is Telok Kurau good too invest in or not ?
    At current prices.... YESSSSSS!!!!

Unregistered Guest

I would say so. Just bought a place there not long ago.

Unregistered Guest

Depending on what you're looking for. Pure investment and not staying issit? Then market timing is more important. The question should be is this a good time to buy? Anyway, if for staying, it depends on your own needs, whether it's near your family, your workplace, the facilities available, transportation. My personal opinion of the place is the apartments are built on very small plots and are designed in block form with little aesthetics to maximise space, near the sleazy Joo Chiat, not much facilties (e.g. no tennis courts etc), no scenary to speak off, poor public transport, traffic jams. But if you like the east very much and can't afford the "better" locations, this might be a good choice for you.

Unregistered Guest

Am looking at that area for the past few months, but cant find something i like. Either near mosque, temple, road too narrow or far too in if happen to take public transport.

In the end, settle for the same psf pricing along upp east coast.

Unregistered Guest

Telok Kurau's more for own stay.

If for rental yield, new projects are being mushroomed there every other month.
    Too much competition for comfort.
    Plus transportation inconvenience will definitely be a concern for rental purpose.

Unregistered Guest

Telok Kurau's more for own stay.

If for rental yield, new projects are being mushroomed there every other month.
    Too much competition for comfort.
    Plus transportation inconvenience will definitely be a concern for rental purpose.
    It's funny abt this talk of inconvenience of transport at Telok Kurau... it is in fact better than kembangan. I know that cos I live there. AFrom telok kurau -a short drive along still road will lead you to ECP.. a short 3 minutes to PIE if you know the shortcut.

This place is charimng and have a resort feeling because all estates there do not exceed 6 stories in height... it gives a foreign to it... everywhere in Singapore... all high rise buildings..

It's funny abt this talk of inconvenience of transport at Telok Kurau... it is in fact better than kembangan. I know that cos I live there. AFrom telok kurau -a short drive along still road will lead you to ECP.. a short 3 minutes to PIE if you know the shortcut.

This place is charimng and have a resort feeling because all estates there do not exceed 6 stories in height... it gives a foreign to it... everywhere in Singapore... all high rise buildings..
    hmm telok kurau is good if you drive and provided you are stuck in the middle of either ecp or pie.. if you dont drive, the only transport you can rely on is the bus.. imho i think the kembangan area near lorong marzuki, melayu is better but make sure you stay clear of the vicinity the mrt track and look for units deeper inside..

Unregistered Guest

I also think need to drive if stay in telok kurau.
    Drive definitely no problem cos near ECP and PIE.
    But if dont drive, quite troublesome.
    Most of the places have to walk a bit before getting to a bus stop.

Nevertheless, there are some projects that are quite near to bus stops, e.g. ambrosia though considered in telok kurau but along east coast road

Unregistered Guest

I also think need to drive if stay in telok kurau.
    Drive definitely no problem cos near ECP and PIE.
    But if dont drive, quite troublesome.
    Most of the places have to walk a bit before getting to a bus stop.

Nevertheless, there are some projects that are quite near to bus stops, e.g. ambrosia though considered in telok kurau but along east coast road
    Any exclusive area in Singapore without HDB flats around sure to have a little trouble with public transport... Telok Kurau is not unique leh...

i know someone stays along jln masjit. last year, the building next to it enbloc, now building new condo. this year the building in front of it also enbloc, now tearing down the building. he says the construction is driving him mad. causing cracks in the house.

one must be aware that if the terrace or semi-d next to u goes enbloc, the new building might be built in such a way that have a direct window to window facing to yr unit. 5 storey apartments' maintenance are high too. usually $350 +/- with limited facilities.

Unregistered Guest

Gd thing abt this place... it is very quiet and peaceful in the night. So nice to exp that after working all day in a hectic environment.