Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Stoop Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    On this point, i have to disagree a bit. I think the prices in TK has gone up quite a fair bit (or rather, in line with the rest of Spore). I think before 2006, prices were around +500psf but these days for new projects, they are asking +850psf, hardly low priced anymore. I'm not sure what is the subsale levels there but it cant be much lower.

Btw, TK is quite a sprawling area, so location-wise it can vary a fair bit. For me, we're only looking at those apartments near to the siglap park connector and not too far from Kembangan MRT (maybe 6-7 lorongs). The rest, for investment purposes, may be less attractive.

Its just not easy to find a "cheap" and good place there, if you come across one, please PM me.
    He may have meant that yes, prices went up relative to Singapore, but still lower compared to certain areas.... like $950 to $1,000 for a 99 leashold condo at kovan....OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoop
    He may have meant that yes, prices went up relative to Singapore, but still lower compared to certain areas.... like $950 to $1,000 for a 99 leashold condo at kovan....OMG!!!

Huh? Kovan 99LH at +950psf... sure or not? really OMG then...!

Then certainly TK is undervalued at current 850-950psf for Freehold!
    Hmmm... anyway....

Stoop Guest

Huh? Kovan 99LH at +950psf... sure or not? really OMG then...!

Then certainly TK is undervalued at current 850-950psf for Freehold!
    Hmmm... anyway....
    Check out Kovan Residences... The first weekend i went, the agent had the cheek to quote me $950 psf for a low floor unit neat gate to the MRT...

i heard since the prices came down....

Quote Originally Posted by Stoop
    Check out Kovan Residences... The first weekend i went, the agent had the cheek to quote me $950 psf for a low floor unit neat gate to the MRT...

i heard since the prices came down....

Kovan area was not in my watchlist so ignored it until you highlighted this... went to read thru the thread there, pretty amazing stuff. I suppose the finishing and touches must be "superior" than apartments in TK to "justify" the average 870psf tag (ST report) for a 99LH in some really worst traffic congested parts of Spore.

I for one, wouldn't plonk down 1.2m for a 3BR 99LH, that's for sure... even if they have the best nasi lemak around there!

East 15 & 16 still the best la...

Stoop Guest

Kovan area was not in my watchlist so ignored it until you highlighted this... went to read thru the thread there, pretty amazing stuff. I suppose the finishing and touches must be "superior" than apartments in TK to "justify" the average 870psf tag (ST report) for a 99LH in some really worst traffic congested parts of Spore.

I for one, wouldn't plonk down 1.2m for a 3BR 99LH, that's for sure... even if they have the best nasi lemak around there!

I was there at the showflats... don't count on it.. the finishing wasn't really that superior! The only advantage is its close privity to the mrt... the planter boxes are huge as well....

Lifestyle Guest

I don't think there is a need to keep highlighting that your district is "superior" - a district is just a number. I'm not buying Kovan but i believe the buyers do so for good reason, the MRT proximity, nice tennis courts and can have social tennis gatherings, good finishings, large pools, lush tropical landscape, large playgrounds. People may like the lifestyle it can offer. Not everyone is hard up over districts classication - some are obviously. There is no need to prove anything to anyone. If you like the place and the lifestyle it offers at whatever price, then go for it.

critic Guest

go 4 beacon heights, just a suggestn, pls dnt bombard me 4 making a gd suggestn
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle
    I don't think there is a need to keep highlighting that your district is "superior" - a district is just a number. I'm not buying Kovan but i believe the buyers do so for good reason, the MRT proximity, nice tennis courts and can have social tennis gatherings, good finishings, large pools, lush tropical landscape, large playgrounds. People may like the lifestyle it can offer. Not everyone is hard up over districts classication - some are obviously. There is no need to prove anything to anyone. If you like the place and the lifestyle it offers at whatever price, then go for it.

Kill the koyok sellers Guest

Bloody koyok sellers. Telok Kurau is not even Katong... for crying out loud

Blur Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kill the koyok sellers
    Bloody koyok sellers. Telok Kurau is not even Katong... for crying out loud
    Who has the audacity to link TK to Katong?? Katong should be linked to Joo Chiat lah…

Chicken King Guest

Talking TK the hicken Paradise in the making

The Chicken King has surveyed Telok Kurau and found it to be suitable to locate some of his chickens on the streets all over the area. The low rise housing around the area makes it conducive for expats to take a peek out of their low balconies in search of chicken prowling the streets at night. The special code to shout out in any of the Lorongs is "Chicken Tonight!Chicken Tonight!" A chicken will show up just downstairs in front of apartment and you decide whether you want her or not. If you r looking for a China Chicken, just tell her you want "Chinese Takeaway" and she will arrange for her boss to summon one right away. With so many lorongs there, it is also easy for Chickens to run away from men in blue. Expats who want to have a romantic monent before bonking the chicken can take a stroll on east coast beach before returning to their upmkt TK home for a bonking session.

TK has the making of another red light district in Singapore, moreso with expats living there...

Quote Originally Posted by Blur
    Who has the audacity to link TK to Katong?? Katong should be linked to Joo Chiat lah…

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken King
    The Chicken King has surveyed Telok Kurau and found it to be suitable to locate some of his chickens on the streets all over the area. The low rise housing around the area makes it conducive for expats to take a peek out of their low balconies in search of chicken prowling the streets at night. The special code to shout out in any of the Lorongs is "Chicken Tonight!Chicken Tonight!" A chicken will show up just downstairs in front of apartment and you decide whether you want her or not. If you r looking for a China Chicken, just tell her you want "Chinese Takeaway" and she will arrange for her boss to summon one right away. With so many lorongs there, it is also easy for Chickens to run away from men in blue. Expats who want to have a romantic monent before bonking the chicken can take a stroll on east coast beach before returning to their upmkt TK home for a bonking session.

TK has the making of another red light district in Singapore, moreso with expats living there...
    u are definitely talking rubbish . Makes no sense at all ..
    Go ahead and tink Telok Kurau is a chicken paradise in the making ,
    mayb when ur great grand children grows up , no chicken is still found . wat the hell . . hahaha. .
    Please input things that are relevant .

nut Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken King

you got sick of attacking geylang, dakota and beacon with your china mei mei and decided to invade TK?

TK Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nut
    you got sick of attacking geylang, dakota and beacon with your china mei mei and decided to invade TK?
    Yeah... back off Chicken King...

Penthse Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaded
    Anyway guys , i wish to see the view living in a penth house at telok kurau . Any one have any idea which web has the photos of view on the top floor on telok kurau ? Thanks . Greatly appreciated .
    Hi, I bgt a penthse in Katong. And I have seen the view from various TOPed penthse units around, and I must say the view is magnificent (unless u r immediately blocked by another adjourning unit) if you are looking towards the west. (East side nothing much to view though). If look towards the east, may be able to catch the fire works during National Days. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Penthse Lover
    Hi, I bgt a penthse in Katong. And I have seen the view from various TOPed penthse units around, and I must say the view is magnificent (unless u r immediately blocked by another adjourning unit) if you are looking towards the west. (East side nothing much to view though). If look towards the east, may be able to catch the fire works during National Days. Cheers!
    bro , i also brought a penthhouse at lor k . i wonder how it will be looked like after toped. i really wish to get a glimpse of how it looked like on the penth house . any links ?

Penthse Guest

bro , i also brought a penthhouse at lor k . i wonder how it will be looked like after toped. i really wish to get a glimpse of how it looked like on the penth house . any links ?
    U may want to take a look at those existing units who are selling their penthouses. I have seen pictures of Malvern Springs on the internet.

When is your unit going to TOP? Mine in another 1.5 yrs time. And I plan to build in a jacuzzi and enjoy alfresco outdoor dinning by the roof top. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Penthse
    U may want to take a look at those existing units who are selling their penthouses. I have seen pictures of Malvern Springs on the internet.

When is your unit going to TOP? Mine in another 1.5 yrs time. And I plan to build in a jacuzzi and enjoy alfresco outdoor dinning by the roof top. Yummy!
    mine also another 1.5 yrs time . bro , how big is your roof terraces ? your open space ? can have so mani spaces meh ? jacuzzi , maintainence veri high leh . Any idea how much it cost?

Unregistered1 Guest

No offence, but I do know of some Telok Kurau houses are rented out to large group of Chinese ladies, i.e. many ROC ladies sharing a unit. I'm not sure if theyr'e chickens or not though.

u are definitely talking rubbish . Makes no sense at all ..
    Go ahead and tink Telok Kurau is a chicken paradise in the making ,
    mayb when ur great grand children grows up , no chicken is still found . wat the hell . . hahaha. .
    Please input things that are relevant .

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    No offence, but I do know of some Telok Kurau houses are rented out to large group of Chinese ladies, i.e. many ROC ladies sharing a unit. I'm not sure if theyr'e chickens or not though.
    Bro , dun view ppl from onli the surface , If you judge every ROC girls are *** , its totally unfair to them , if the rest of the world classify us as terrorist just because we have Mas Selamat , is it fair ?

Imagine we go on a holiday and we tell ppl we are from singapore and ppl will look at u in a kind of manner . Nobody likes it ma . Rite ?

Bro , i am onli trying to explain , not pickin a fight . Mayb this gals studying in singapore , mayb work in a office ? who knows. ?

ER Guest

Bro , dun view ppl from onli the surface , If you judge every ROC girls are *** , its totally unfair to them , if the rest of the world classify us as terrorist just because we have Mas Selamat , is it fair ?

Imagine we go on a holiday and we tell ppl we are from singapore and ppl will look at u in a kind of manner . Nobody likes it ma . Rite ?

Bro , i am onli trying to explain , not pickin a fight . Mayb this gals studying in singapore , mayb work in a office ? who knows. ?
    i agree, there are so many girls from China earning a decent living in Singapore. Totally unfair to classify all from a few....

CHICKEN KING Guest

Talking CHICKEN TONIGHT!!!

YEAH, you are my bro. someone finally suspects there are chinese chickens in telok kurau so i am not alone in this. BTW chicken king says there is nothing wrong with chickens running around in telok kurau as chickens only tread in places that has an air of love and romance, so it is a compliment to telok kurau. the low-rise buildings is conducive for short-term chicken coop for copulating. a chicken hunter only needs to walk up a few flight of steps to get into his chicken coop as compared to taking a lift 20 to 30 floors high for some highrise condos. heard from the grapevine that some people in the chicken business are planning to expand their territory from joo chiat to TK, which is an excellent idea. i long to see the entire east being transformed into a chicken paradise......CHICKEN TONIGHT!!!CHICKEN TONIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1

CHICKEN KING Guest

Default CHIKENS CAN MAKE A DECENT LIVING TOO...

R U TRYING TO INSULT CHINA CHICKENS? CHICKENS CAN OSO EARN DECENT LIVING RIGHT? DO U SEE CHICKENS PECKING PEOPLE ON THE STREETS? OF COURSE NOT. WITH THE INCREASE IN CHICKEN HUNTERS, IT IS ONLY NATURAL FOR CHICKEN POPULATION TO INCREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    i agree, there are so many girls from China earning a decent living in Singapore. Totally unfair to classify all from a few....

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CHICKEN KING
    R U TRYING TO INSULT CHINA CHICKENS? CHICKENS CAN OSO EARN DECENT LIVING RIGHT? DO U SEE CHICKENS PECKING PEOPLE ON THE STREETS? OF COURSE NOT. WITH THE INCREASE IN CHICKEN HUNTERS, IT IS ONLY NATURAL FOR CHICKEN POPULATION TO INCREASE.
    It of course depend what kinf of chickens you are referring to.. those which ended up on my chicken rice plate are of course decent lah.....

Penthse Luver Guest

mine also another 1.5 yrs time . bro , how big is your roof terraces ? your open space ? can have so mani spaces meh ? jacuzzi , maintainence veri high leh . Any idea how much it cost?
    Hi, r u bro or sis? Jacuzzi maint is not high....it can cost anything from $3K to $10K each depending on the size. My roof terrace is quite big cos I like private outdoor spaces...abt 600 sq ft...thinking of putting a pool table in too...hee

bS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Penthse Luver
    Hi, r u bro or sis? Jacuzzi maint is not high....it can cost anything from $3K to $10K each depending on the size. My roof terrace is quite big cos I like private outdoor spaces...abt 600 sq ft...thinking of putting a pool table in too...hee
    Big outdoor space will be a problem if you trying to sell next time. Only ang moh like this kind of space, which is deemed "wasted space" by locals. And if prices drop, ang mohs will not even look at Telok Kurau. They will go for D9,10,11 condos which by that time will be only $1000psf to $2000 psf. At that time, for Telok Kurau to be attractive enough to buy, you must sell at $500 psf. And that is NOT including your big outdoor space.

So, already 2 strikes against you:

1) big outdoor space (niche market)
    2) crap location (the ang moh market will rather buy D9,10,11 when the property prices drop, why would they look at TK??? Not as if they cannot afford D9,10,11)

Quote Originally Posted by bS
    Big outdoor space will be a problem if you trying to sell next time. Only ang moh like this kind of space, which is deemed "wasted space" by locals. And if prices drop, ang mohs will not even look at Telok Kurau. They will go for D9,10,11 condos which by that time will be only $1000psf to $2000 psf. At that time, for Telok Kurau to be attractive enough to buy, you must sell at $500 psf. And that is NOT including your big outdoor space.

2) crap location (the ang moh market will rather buy D9,10,11 when the property prices drop, why would they look at TK??? Not as if they cannot afford D9,10,11)
    COme on lar bro , u sounded as if all ang moh can afford D9 , D10 , D11 , district .

From my point of view , Some ppl buy TK because they like the quietness there . TK although the road is crampy but , in the night , its realli serene , realli nice to chill out on the pool side and enjoy the stars and relax after a days stress .

If i wanna be harsh on u , i would tell u this , my father is so rich that he dun wan mi to stay at D9 , 10 , 11 , too far away for him , he is staying at TK thus he wants mi to stay near him , he is willing to pay 2000 psf for a penth house unit . Does it matter . We are rich .. Nv look down on Us , SINGAPOREANS ..

DOesnt mean that ppl buy house and they gonna sell it to expats in singapore . SO dun be so sceptical lar . If u arent a singaporean then i got nothing to say , if u are , COME ON!!! SUpport our own groups .!!! DUn always make singaporeans sound lousy .

Not trying to pick a fight here , hope u understand , if in anyway i provoked u , i am sorry .

THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT Guest

Your father is rich so he stays at Telok Kurau?

Who are you trying to kid.

Come on! At least Meyer Rd lah!

D15 trying to pretend it is D9,10,11. Hah!

Before the property boom, do you know that Telok Kurau really bo lang ai.

It is only because D9,10,11 too expensive that's why people no choice have to buy Telok Kurau.

This means that if prices drop and D9, 10, 11 become affordable again, Telok Kurau will return to its bo lang ai status again!

COme on lar bro , u sounded as if all ang moh can afford D9 , D10 , D11 , district .

From my point of view , Some ppl buy TK because they like the quietness there . TK although the road is crampy but , in the night , its realli serene , realli nice to chill out on the pool side and enjoy the stars and relax after a days stress .

If i wanna be harsh on u , i would tell u this , my father is so rich that he dun wan mi to stay at D9 , 10 , 11 , too far away for him , he is staying at TK thus he wants mi to stay near him , he is willing to pay 2000 psf for a penth house unit . Does it matter . We are rich .. Nv look down on Us , SINGAPOREANS ..

DOesnt mean that ppl buy house and they gonna sell it to expats in singapore . SO dun be so sceptical lar . If u arent a singaporean then i got nothing to say , if u are , COME ON!!! SUpport our own groups .!!! DUn always make singaporeans sound lousy .

Not trying to pick a fight here , hope u understand , if in anyway i provoked u , i am sorry .

Penthse Luver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bS

Well, from your statement, I can sense the immaturity and short-sightedness in u. Do u really think Ang Mohs are so stupid to pay $2-$3M to stay in prime districts where they only pay less than 1/2 the price to stay in TK which is only 10 mins drive away? With the money saved, they can buy a Lambo or Ferarri versus taking MRT / Buses to get from pt to pt.

U can try ur luck but no seller is going to entertain u buying a penthse without counting in the private outdoor space. And a spacious outdoor space is far more useful than separated small balconies and planters.

Anyway, I luv to be on top and I luv big outdoor spaces, I can soak in my jacuzzi, have a glass of champagne, smoke my cigar and do star glazing at night or play pool / bbq with my own private space. This is quality life tat I like to spend my hard earned money on.

Maybe u need to calculate and weigh the pros and cons for every single dollar u spent, but I splurge on things I like cos money cannot buy back time for me to enjoy quality life.

Relax and enjoy.

Penthse Luver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT
    Your father is rich so he stays at Telok Kurau?

Who are you trying to kid.

Come on! At least Meyer Rd lah!

D15 trying to pretend it is D9,10,11. Hah!

Before the property boom, do you know that Telok Kurau really bo lang ai.

It is only because D9,10,11 too expensive that's why people no choice have to buy Telok Kurau.

This means that if prices drop and D9, 10, 11 become affordable again, Telok Kurau will return to its bo lang ai status again!
    Well, I am starting to see Ang Mohs in HDB estates. I have an Ang Moh colleague who ears $30K a month and he is ever complaining abt the high rental he has to pay in Tanjong Rhu. He ended up moving over to Bukit Timah. There are not so many rich Ang Mohs that u know of. Most of those who bgt units in prime areas are the REITs.

Unregistered111 Guest

So your father paid for your unit. What a show-off Anyway, why would anyone be prepared to pay 2000psf for a place in Telok Kurau? No offence, but it is indeed overpriced with no views, no facilities, poor finishings, cramped environment etc. Singapore is so small, it doesn't hurt to look further out than be so fixated on being a daddy's boy and living so near daddy. But like you say, your family is so rich and got money to throw around. Anyway, lucky chap!