Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaded
    so if now u got spare cash? which project u would introduce?
    too mani speculations around. make mi blur also.
    cant make decision.

some ppl saying to hold first cause the market will still go down.
    hahaha
    so which is which.

i will just pray to god i may love my costa este when it top. other worries just cast it aside lar.
    Hi Jaded,

FYI, I am actually eyeing a subsale unit at southbank. #3x-09, 614sqft, asking price $1050psf, TOP end 09 estimated. I guess it has a downside risk of $800psf in the near term and upside potential of $1300psf in the mid term given that few 1 bedrm units above 30th floor are transacted at above 1.3k psf over at Citylights.

I believe Kallang, Lavender area has more upside in mid to long term especially given the new URA plans.

Sad to say, I already vested my interest in other project early last yr...So, I may not want to overly expose myself with too many investment properties.

I guess investing in prime areas will never go wrong provided u have the holding power to do so. Prime properties already surpassed previous 96 peak price and therefore, even u make the wrong decision to buy during the last peak price, u would already have sold it for a slight profit. However, most mass market condos are still below the last peak...

yup , actually looking at telok kurau property , i believe that it will rise also unless there is ome kind of out break then we die la. if not i also think that if u have the holding power , its for sure u get to gain profits.

i think at this current stage , property at telok kurau at around 900psf.

so if there are property seekers looking , pls reconsider if its more then 900 psf.

just my 5 cents comments.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Catcher
    Ha... i will be your neighbour, although not immediate. Welcome ourselves to Telok Kurau.... a rustic charming estate
    I'm moving there too! Ahahaa!

-Joshing

Yeah , all my neighbour.. welcome in advance. lets throw a house warming when all of us have moved in to create more warmth.. ahaha..

ppl must be thinking , its too early to talk..
    hahaha.. at least 1 and a half yrs later..
    hahahahahhaa..

hi hi hi Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    I'm moving there too! Ahahaa!

-Joshing

Are you the talented Mr Joshing of CNA forum?

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaded
    Yeah , all my neighbour.. welcome in advance. lets throw a house warming when all of us have moved in to create more warmth.. ahaha..

ppl must be thinking , its too early to talk..
    hahaha.. at least 1 and a half yrs later..
    hahahahahhaa..
    Not too early to plan though. Hehe...

Am looking forward to moving to TK. I really like that rustic feeling... east coast to your south, convenience at your north... feel like moving into a chalet leh...

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hi hi hi
    Are you the talented Mr Joshing of CNA forum?
    Not talented lah, but ya, I am the same Joshing from CNA.

ABCDE Guest

I think Telok Kurau is suitable for the less active sort of people - no tennis court and smallish pond not meant for swimming. I lead an active lifestyle and love tennis and swimming, so such developments with poor facilities will not appeal to me. I find the sameness of the developments in the area rather boring as well. So, poor facilities + poor transport + small plot doesn't appeal to me at all.

If one is looking for peace and greenery, there are better places near the nature reserves. So Telok Kurau is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Catcher
    Ha... i will be your neighbour, although not immediate. Welcome ourselves to Telok Kurau.... a rustic charming estate

FGHIJK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDE
    I think Telok Kurau is suitable for the less active sort of people - no tennis court and smallish pond not meant for swimming. I lead an active lifestyle and love tennis and swimming, so such developments with poor facilities will not appeal to me. I find the sameness of the developments in the area rather boring as well. So, poor facilities + poor transport + small plot doesn't appeal to me at all.

If one is looking for peace and greenery, there are better places near the nature reserves. So Telok Kurau is neither here nor there.
    Okie, with an active lifestyle of yours, you should stay in the Jungle.. Big plot, plenty of greenry and lots of big ponds around , with waterfall somemore.

Joker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FGHIJK
    Okie, with an active lifestyle of yours, you should stay in the Jungle.. Big plot, plenty of greenry and lots of big ponds around , with waterfall somemore.
    Haha, u shld stay in HDB then - cheap, big pools, big parks, big carparks, big tennis courts, good transport, big plots of land, but 99 yrs...

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joker
    Haha, u shld stay in HDB then - cheap, big pools, big parks, big carparks, big tennis courts, good transport, big plots of land, but 99 yrs...
    and you expect to live longer than 99 years? what kind of argument is that? nowadays most of the new exciting and expensive condominiums are sitting on leasehold land (Marina area, Sentosa, Keppel, etc).

Unregistered123 Guest

and you may consider yourself a joker but I think you made yourself out as a fool

No design condo Guest

The small pools, poor facilities and rather faceless facade of some of the condos in Telok Kurau is a fair observation. I think the developers decide to save cost, maximise limited space by building glass boxes and forget all about aesthetics

It is not very nice to ask people who make a valid observation to stay in jungle! If you think the tennis courts or swimming pools in the Telok Kurau condos are adequate, then justify by sound reasoning instead of making silly remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by FGHIJK

Unregistered789 Guest

I notice at least the naysayers justify by proper logic. The Telok Kurau residents just keep calling names... At the end of the day, everyone is in a forum to share views - both postive and negative. There is no need to get worked up just because some forummer share their not-so-positive views on any area.... I personally find the architecture and facilities of the apartments there solely lacking as well. Please do not bash me. It is an honest opinion.

Joker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    and you expect to live longer than 99 years? what kind of argument is that? nowadays most of the new exciting and expensive condominiums are sitting on leasehold land (Marina area, Sentosa, Keppel, etc).
    Argument point is, if you dislike staying in small developments with limited and exclusive facilities, and dun have the dough to buy luxury condos in prime districts, u r better off staying in HDB. Telok Kurau is a place for folks who like private quiet living environment, not for those who loves crowd and enjoy queuing.

FGHIJK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No design condo
    The small pools, poor facilities and rather faceless facade of some of the condos in Telok Kurau is a fair observation. I think the developers decide to save cost, maximise limited space by building glass boxes and forget all about aesthetics

It is not very nice to ask people who make a valid observation to stay in jungle! If you think the tennis courts or swimming pools in the Telok Kurau condos are adequate, then justify by sound reasoning instead of making silly remarks.
    Adequate is subjective isn't it. What is adequate to you may not be so to others. There is therefore no necessity for people to make such remarks in the first place. Some ppl is happy for even a dip pool while others insist on a olympic size pool.

While some condo in TK may be lacking in those facilities mentioned, the estate on the whole make up in other factors. After all, the prices of a condo or apartment is not decided based solely on the facilities it has.

Unregistered123 Guest

Argument point is, if you dislike staying in small developments with limited and exclusive facilities, and dun have the dough to buy luxury condos in prime districts, u r better off staying in HDB. Telok Kurau is a place for folks who like private quiet living environment, not for those who loves crowd and enjoy queuing.
    I'm fine with that but what has 99 years got to do with your argument in the first place? We all know HDB is 99 years but so are a lot of new condos in the prime district.

Joker Guest

I'm fine with that but what has 99 years got to do with your argument in the first place? We all know HDB is 99 years but so are a lot of new condos in the prime district.
    Reason why 99yrs is so that gov't can repossess the land for other use next time. So the longer u stay in a 99yrs devt, the more it depreciates and the less price u fetch back.

Unregistered1000 Guest

Most of the facilities even in larger condos are underutilised. No need to queue. It's the convenience of having everything at your doorstep. There are also very quiet and inconvenient HDB, so I see no diff in staying in Telok Kurau and an inconvenient HDB, if inconvenience is what you're looking for. The only diff is the 99 years and FH. But you could always hv the best of both worlds - good facilities and good location, why settle for 2nd best? Good location is not necessary crowded! It's a silly remark.

Peace Guest

I think we r all mature adults...everyone has their own right to give positive or negative comments about certain project but pls do not criticise others by saying lame, silly etc...Don't u think it is abit too childish? Can't we put our comments or even 'arguements' in a nicer manner?

Joker Guest

I dun think the negative commentors here fall under the category of "matured adults". It could be due to the school holidays, tats y we see so many uncultured jokers here. ;-)

Unregistered123 Guest

Reason why 99yrs is so that gov't can repossess the land for other use next time. So the longer u stay in a 99yrs devt, the more it depreciates and the less price u fetch back.
    In general your statement is true but the important point is location. Explain the prices in Old HDB Estates like Marine Parade, Toa Payoh, Queenstown ... they're selling at good prices considering their age.

Unregistered000 Guest

In general your statement is true but the important point is location. Explain the prices in Old HDB Estates like Marine Parade, Toa Payoh, Queenstown ... they're selling at good prices considering their age.
    Another consideration is bank loan approval for old estate. It can be diffcult for potentail buyer to get their loan apporved for old leasehold estate.

737 Guest

personally i think telok kurau is an area for those with families (cos of the schools) or who enjoy that type of quietness. ok for retirees too.
    but i just dont feel any sense of warmth or liveliness in that area. the developments there are lack personality.

but if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking. if to invest, then rethink. for investment wise, leasehold should not be viewed as inferior, compared to freehold. there're nicer projects worth your buck.. interested, do let me know

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 737
    personally i think telok kurau is an area for those with families (cos of the schools) or who enjoy that type of quietness. ok for retirees too.
    but i just dont feel any sense of warmth or liveliness in that area. the developments there are lack personality.

but if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking. if to invest, then rethink. for investment wise, leasehold should not be viewed as inferior, compared to freehold. there're nicer projects worth your buck.. interested, do let me know
    We don't welcome agents here....

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered000
    Another consideration is bank loan approval for old estate. It can be diffcult for potentail buyer to get their loan apporved for old leasehold estate.
    Again true but nowadays if your leasehold property is in a prime location, the chances of having it enbloc is much greater than a freehold property not in a prime location. And as we have seen last year, it was raking in top dollar and the developers were willing to top up the tenure back to 99 years.

At the end of the day, it's location first then tenure.

East Lover Guest

Again true but nowadays if your leasehold property is in a prime location, the chances of having it enbloc is much greater than a freehold property not in a prime location. And as we have seen last year, it was raking in top dollar and the developers were willing to top up the tenure back to 99 years.

At the end of the day, it's location first then tenure.
    Although i agree with you generally, even if the developer is willing to top up the tenure (and all would logically), it is still subjected to the discretion of the authority.

I think it is more a balance sometime, depending on individual preference giving weight to one over the other, in view of the constraint and limtation. Given a choice, who does not want the best of both worlds....

Unregistered00000 Guest

Agree. The shoebox developments lack character ancd facilities. In terms of good schools, the east side only have the 2nd tier schools like TKGS, Dunman, victoria - not top choice for most. The prestigious top tier affiliated schools are still in west Bukit Timah (Nanyang Pri, MGS, SCGS, RGPS, Hwa Chong etc.)or bishan (RI). So I don't see how anyone would choose the east because of the schools - which are 2nd rate at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by 737

i just recently brought a unit at TK , so far i know the pros and cons of TK , there are the bad points of it and also good points of it. dun compare Tk with some other places.

like wat u have and wat u decided. good reviews are always free to spare , bad reviews sometimes may be too sarcastic , saying TK is a totally unhumane place to live in . Guys be more rational.

as long one like it, jusy buy it..