Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Default Re: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

The Verte @ telok kurau is just 600 metres away from Kembangan MRT.. very convenient in fact...

yep not bad

knowalittle Guest

Wink Re: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

I think Telok Kurau area is an ideal and quiet "mid-way point" between the busy areas of Marine Parade and Siglap. In fact, this is one place (and Siglap too) where the private properties are concentrated, without any high-rise monster buildings blocking the "view" and wind.

In addition, look at the convenience and accessibility of Telok Kurau road, both PIE and ECP are easily accessible within 5-7mins. If public transportation is important, choose somewhere near Lor G/H/J where one can access Changi Road and Kembangan MRT. Or take Lor M/N, can access East Coast road, and the future Eastern Regional Line (have to wait 10 years though).

Food wise, best of both worlds I would think. If you need lower cost local fares, there are plenty along Changi road. If variety and higher-end restaurants are desired, there are again plenty along east coast road (katong, and siglap too).

Key point is which part of Telok Kurau you are looking at. Those properties close to the park connector and telok kurau park will definitely be much better and accessible to the main roads (east coast road and changi road)

For those who have expressed their "not too positive" views, have obviously not tried to take a stroll along the park connector and telok kurau park during evenings, there are plenty of families activities and joggers around.

I do agree that this area lacks yuppies appeal, but it is definitely an ideal home for families and expatriates looking for a peaceful and safe place in the midst of the "happening" East Coast area.

Just my 2 cents worth, and hopefully objective enough opinion.

Cheers.

paperplate Guest

Agree with you that telok kurau area is a nice place..

However, I would say only those projects near or next to the park connector at Lor G,H(5-8mins walking distance to kembangan Mrt) or Lor M,N(5-7mins walk to East coast Park) are worth considering.

For me, i prefer those units facing the park connector, abit unsightful canal view but at least u have more privacy(no window to window)

In fact, I put up an offer for a unit at The treeline at around $850psf 2mths ago before it TOP..didnt manage to get it..Now it is oredi TOPed and obviously owners r asking higher at around 900 to 1000psf.

It obviously priced me out and fortunately, now I landed myself with other unit at JLB residences..Very nice place where u can do cycling, suntanning, jogging by the beach!..prices around $750psf...still affordable by many locals I suppose..waiting eagerly to do my reno and move in!

For those who love staying near to pasir ris beach, you r welcome to my thread 'JLB residences-999leasehold'!

KIkiki Guest

not worth 900psf. should be 500psf. 40% drop will take us there. so anything bought above 500psf is a loss.

East Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KIkiki
    not worth 900psf. should be 500psf. 40% drop will take us there. so anything bought above 500psf is a loss.
    Agree Telok Kurau not really worth $900psf but really $500psf is not within market's sentiment too... Please be realistic...

Telok Kurau has its shortcoming but it has its many advantages too... i think a fair assessment should be $800 to $850 currently.

Anyone who really think it is going to drop 40% is just kidding themselves... probably still in dreamland... a drop of 10% to 15% is more realistic... but it will rebound quick and fast as all the vultures waiting on the sideline will rush in once the drop begins....

actually recently just brought over a PH at telok kurau lor K. at around 800 psf. dun knw if it was worth it.. wanted some advise from brothers here.. pls advice. Thanks.

paperplate Guest

Hi Jade,

I suppose u bot it for self stay...As I mentioned earlier, I only fancy Lor G,H or M,N...In between Lor like J,L,K are neither here nor there..can be quite inconvenient if any of ur family members need to take public transport...you visitors may finding a hard time getting to ur place too..

800psf sounds reasonable enough currently provided your layout is good and u have unblocked views which is very rare in telok kurau area.

Jus be sure you have the holding power and I believe in 10-20yrs later, ur property may worth above 1200psf as I always believe properties are the best to hedge against rising inflation. If u notice amber road area they are oredi asking from 1000psf to 1400psf (excluding those newly launches that selling at high price from 1500psf up). So, telok kurau may hit above 1kpsf as it is in D15 once the sky is cleared.

For those who r hoping to drop further to ur comfort level...well it may happen if US goes into prolonged U shaped recession but very unlikely for the price to drop below 600psf for sure even for the worst case scenerio...Maybe if genting and sands both goes bankrupt and IR project failed..den propery will definitely crash to 2005 post-Sars prices or less! Well, anything can happen rite? If that really happen, I will buy 1-2 more properties! hehe

hi paperplate,

thanks a lot for ur wonderful advice. anyway hopefully i didnt make the wrong choice though.. hahaha.. Thanks thanks.

East Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate
    Hi Jade,

I suppose u bot it for self stay...As I mentioned earlier, I only fancy Lor G,H or M,N...In between Lor like J,L,K are neither here nor there..can be quite inconvenient if any of ur family members need to take public transport...you visitors may finding a hard time getting to ur place too..

800psf sounds reasonable enough currently provided your layout is good and u have unblocked views which is very rare in telok kurau area.

Jus be sure you have the holding power and I believe in 10-20yrs later, ur property may worth above 1200psf as I always believe properties are the best to hedge against rising inflation. If u notice amber road area they are oredi asking from 1000psf to 1400psf (excluding those newly launches that selling at high price from 1500psf up). So, telok kurau may hit above 1kpsf as it is in D15 once the sky is cleared.

For those who r hoping to drop further to ur comfort level...well it may happen if US goes into prolonged U shaped recession but very unlikely for the price to drop below 600psf for sure even for the worst case scenerio...Maybe if genting and sands both goes bankrupt and IR project failed..den propery will definitely crash to 2005 post-Sars prices or less! Well, anything can happen rite? If that really happen, I will buy 1-2 more properties! hehe
    I like lorong G,H,J,K,L, anything beyond is too far from the main traffic from Upper Changi Road..

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    I like lorong G,H,J,K,L, anything beyond is too far from the main traffic from Upper Changi Road..
    If you study carefully, prices in Lor J,K,L are generally lower den the rest.

I would say Lor G and N command the highest price. Lor G is the nearest to MRT whereas Lor N is closest to East Coast Park & Tao Nan. And those projects right next to park connector also command a premium..

Personally, I will only buy those projects right next to the connector simply because, U will have unblocked view and privacy and u do not have to worry whether ur neighbours will get enbloc and eventually blocked ur view(window to window facing is very undesirable for me!)

Look out for a newly TOPed project called The Vesta...if u do not mind a mosque nearby, stuck in the middle of Lor K and obviously u r buying for self stay and owns a car..den go for it...It is by far the cheapest in telok kurau area among the newly TOPed projects.

knowalittle Guest

How about those projects facing the Telok Kurau park? Like the new Verte, which are commanding around 1000psf.

Lor G/N are indeed convenient. I just realised that Lor G has 2 other exits to the Changi road, which makes driving a breeze, and not relying on Telok Kurau road itself. As I mentioned earlier, Lor G for those looking at instant convenience of an existing MRT line, while those on Lor N will have to wait 10years, but have the better lifestyle appeal since its close to the East Coast Park.

I personally do like those developments facing the Telok Kurau park though. From the master plan, the park is definitely a permanent feature, and those facing it should have a reasonably good view and lots of fresh air too!

Cheers.

seriously , come to think of it , currently there are so mani projects with pool on the top floor. its realli nicer and much more cosier for own stay . sometimes i feel if i did the wrong move buying costa este , small developer , pool is on the ground level somemore.

hahaha.. then brothers also telling me if i wanna do rental with this also difficult cause of the location. realli wasted. anyway , wish me good luck lar.

hopefully when it TOP and i get to see it , i will love it.

East Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaded
    seriously , come to think of it , currently there are so mani projects with pool on the top floor. its realli nicer and much more cosier for own stay . sometimes i feel if i did the wrong move buying costa este , small developer , pool is on the ground level somemore.

hahaha.. then brothers also telling me if i wanna do rental with this also difficult cause of the location. realli wasted. anyway , wish me good luck lar.

hopefully when it TOP and i get to see it , i will love it.

Diffcult to say you made the wrong move. I really think compared to elsewhere, prices at Telok Kuaru is generally very realistic currently compared to so many developements. Like you said, when you see it, you may love it.... Hope you do....

[quote=jaded]seriously , come to think of it , currently there are so mani projects with pool on the top floor. its realli nicer and much more cosier for own stay . sometimes i feel if i did the wrong move buying costa este , small developer , pool is on the ground level somemore.
    quote]

I also biow coste este 2 months ago.

Advantage:
    1. There is a t-road infront and behind the project, making it very windy.
    2. It is actually between still road and telok karau section, which I prefer.
    3. It has an easy to pronounce project name and sounds nice.
    4. The price offered is very conducive at that point, slightly above $800psf for a 2 bedroom.
    5. Sim Lian has a project next to it, when it launches at a higher price, the value immeidately appreciates.

However considering the following, I decided to give it a miss.
    a. Transport is quite a concern for me. However if you drive then, not so much of concern.
    b. The builiding next to it, which is next to the pool, is quite old and run-down. Dont think I want to have an old building as view while I relax next to the pool.
    c. Similar to point 1, the 2 bedroom I'm considering is facing the road in front, so not so good for feng shui.
    d. The unit that they are offering good price is right above the BBQ pits. So not so conducive.

However your's a PH thus most of the points that concerns me, are not applicable to you.

So now still hunting hard for a unit. Difficult to meet all the stringent criteria.

wow bro , u realli enlightened mi man. haha.. i always thought it was a veri wrong move. but after wat u explain , seems alrite to mi. al the very lest i dun feel so wasted anymore.
    hahaha..
    i hope u also find ur dream house soon..

East Lover Guest

[QUOTE=PptyHunt]
    quote]

I also biow coste este 2 months ago.

Advantage:
    1. There is a t-road infront and behind the project, making it very windy.
    2. It is actually between still road and telok karau section, which I prefer.
    3. It has an easy to pronounce project name and sounds nice.
    4. The price offered is very conducive at that point, slightly above $800psf for a 2 bedroom.
    5. Sim Lian has a project next to it, when it launches at a higher price, the value immeidately appreciates.

However considering the following, I decided to give it a miss.
    a. Transport is quite a concern for me. However if you drive then, not so much of concern.
    b. The builiding next to it, which is next to the pool, is quite old and run-down. Dont think I want to have an old building as view while I relax next to the pool.
    c. Similar to point 1, the 2 bedroom I'm considering is facing the road in front, so not so good for feng shui.
    d. The unit that they are offering good price is right above the BBQ pits. So not so conducive.

However your's a PH thus most of the points that concerns me, are not applicable to you.

So now still hunting hard for a unit. Difficult to meet all the stringent criteria.
    Wah... must tell me what other projects you currently are biowing... i also must go biow too.....

telok kurau area is not bad

yup .
    telok kurau is indeed a not bad area. however i feel there are too mani small developments that will bring down the price of ur property. hmm.. although i also have just brought a home there.

its just my ten cents worth of comments.

so , is costa este considered a condo or also just considered a apartment?
    any enlightenment?

Unregistered2 Guest

in the long run, there will be a definite increase for all properties in Singapore if you have holding power but what you should be concerned with is the rate of increase and unfortunately, I don't see that rate as being high as compared to the other areas in the east where there is more focus on redevelopment (Marina area, Kallang ,etc) ...

u should ask yourself what your priorities are ...

so , is costa este considered a condo or also just considered a apartment?
    any enlightenment?
    Apartment.

You may self help by going to the ura website.
    www.ura.gov.sg under property markets.

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    in the long run, there will be a definite increase for all properties in Singapore if you have holding power but what you should be concerned with is the rate of increase and unfortunately, I don't see that rate as being high as compared to the other areas in the east where there is more focus on redevelopment (Marina area, Kallang ,etc) ...

u should ask yourself what your priorities are ...
    I believe that some properties are meant for self stay and some for investment.

I would grade telok kurau as a place for self stay as it is still below $1000psf which is still relatively affordable for the mass.

so if now u got spare cash? which project u would introduce?
    too mani speculations around. make mi blur also.
    cant make decision.

some ppl saying to hold first cause the market will still go down.
    hahaha
    so which is which.

i will just pray to god i may love my costa este when it top. other worries just cast it aside lar.

Goondu Guest

cant make decision.

hahaha
    so which is which.

i will just pray to god i may love my costa este when it top. other worries just cast it aside lar.
    Verte will be good. so is Blu Coral (a little bit more distance away from MRT).

monkey man Guest

what is verte?

got discussion thread or not? how much PSF?

Any comments on Telok Kurau area compare to Haig/Butterworth area? Seems like Haig/Butterworth side is fetching higher psf?

East Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by monkey man
    what is verte?

got discussion thread or not? how much PSF?
    Verte is at Lorong G, if i am not mistaken (just 5 minutes to MRT). It is about $900 plus to $1000 psf currently.

East Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    Any comments on Telok Kurau area compare to Haig/Butterworth area? Seems like Haig/Butterworth side is fetching higher psf?
    Except for the fact that Haig is nearer to the city as compared to Telok Kurau, i much prefer Telok Kurau.... as Haig is a little choatic and nosiy with the nearby market and shopping plazas....

My 2 cents.

Catcher Guest

cant make decision.

hahaha
    so which is which.

Ha... i will be your neighbour, although not immediate. Welcome ourselves to Telok Kurau.... a rustic charming estate