Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

thank you autonomy

in-law found a unit nearby too

Quote Originally Posted by sevol
    thank you autonomy

in-law found a unit nearby too
    Guess must be the mosquitoes test thats the deciding factor haha. So your whole extended family will migrate to TK...

Quote Originally Posted by sevol
    i like TK too, to stay not rent. my friends who are looking to buy now say prices are rising... really?

we just bought a unit there. read the not so nice comments in this thread. perhaps that poster forgot that everyone has different expectations and preferences.

i prefer small apts. to me huge condos mean i have to tolerate bratty children screaming. have 100s of neighbours whom i don't recognize.
    inconsiderate parents and their babies' constant pooing in the adult pool. kaoz what is the baby pool for? when there is poo in pool, pool has to be drained and cleaned and refilled = more expense and inconvenience.
    facilities, gym,. bbq pits, tennis courts full cos there are like 700 or more families to share with. also the size gives ppl a sense of anonymity, so you get more littering and other inconsiderate acts.

Saw some advertisement that they will be launching a new one in TK Lor N. Check it out when they launch to see hows the price like. I believe for some ones like 400+ or 500+ sq ft shld be at least $900 psf if not $950 psf.

i feel so sad when i saw the posts that some people do not appreciate telok kurau living.......

when i first started looking for houses, TK is my first choice..... it just give me a sense of peacefulness and quietness....

i love it that some project are very small and so low rise. i really hate those big projects where you share all your facilities with so many other people..... and esp when their relatives come in and use what i paid for.....

one more thing i love abt this place is..... there's no visible HDB flat around...... that's why we are willing to paid for it......

what for i stay in a big private project with 99 years leasehold, beside those HDB flats? im just paying for those neighbouring HDB people to come into my condo and use my facilities. it's just so easy to bypass the securities....... but when u stay in TK area..... who the hell will come and disturb your compound where everyone else has it too......

But then i just bought a unit at joo chiat area.... just across telok kurau area...... I do love my house now.... but given a choice..... i still prefer TK....... and will still keep a look out for apartments at telok kurau when the price is right

Geylang OKT needs plenty of lodging to house his expandng number of China Mei Mei in joo chiat. U can cnsider renting ur place if u dnt intend to stay there
    Quote Originally Posted by shingirl
    i feel so sad when i saw the posts that some people do not appreciate telok kurau living.......

when i first started looking for houses, TK is my first choice..... it just give me a sense of peacefulness and quietness....

i love it that some project are very small and so low rise. i really hate those big projects where you share all your facilities with so many other people..... and esp when their relatives come in and use what i paid for.....

one more thing i love abt this place is..... there's no visible HDB flat around...... that's why we are willing to paid for it......

what for i stay in a big private project with 99 years leasehold, beside those HDB flats? im just paying for those neighbouring HDB people to come into my condo and use my facilities. it's just so easy to bypass the securities....... but when u stay in TK area..... who the hell will come and disturb your compound where everyone else has it too......

But then i just bought a unit at joo chiat area.... just across telok kurau area...... I do love my house now.... but given a choice..... i still prefer TK....... and will still keep a look out for apartments at telok kurau when the price is right

Last edited by Autonomy; 31-05-09 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    Guess must be the mosquitoes test thats the deciding factor haha. So your whole extended family will migrate to TK...
    lol yep and also we had a very nice stroll to the beach from Lor N

wqmai - ok will keep my eyes open. obviously cannot afford to buy but will let my friend know.

Bringing up an old thread. I just bought a unit there near Lorong G. At the edge of Telok Kurau. I don't like the many small development inside TK too but then this area has its perks to me. Near enough to town and the lorongs like G and H are near enough to MRT stations. It's also near to Katong and ECP but not situated right in the midle of Katong where I find congestion.

Smile

Garden Park Residences at Lorong M Telok Kurau launching soon !
    36 exclusive freehold apartments - ranging from 1+study to 5BR penthouses
    Average $1500 psf
    Call me at 91087536 to RSVP for VVIP event this Saturday 13th April

Quote Originally Posted by TravieJackie
    Bringing up an old thread. I just bought a unit there near Lorong G. At the edge of Telok Kurau. I don't like the many small development inside TK too but then this area has its perks to me. Near enough to town and the lorongs like G and H are near enough to MRT stations. It's also near to Katong and ECP but not situated right in the midle of Katong where I find congestion.
    Congrats! Is it for own stay?

I have been eyeing in Telok Kurau area too cos I believe the potential will be realised with the Eastern Region MRT line. I was eyeing something closer towards Marine Parade Rd.

Yes, for own stay.

BF wanted near East coast side which is Lorong M and N but I wanted near MRT side. In the end, the house we found is nearer MRT side so good for me. Hehe... If not, gotta depend on his car...

Smile

Launching soon !
    36 Freehold apartments at Garden Park Residences at Lorong M Telok Kurau