Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HDB, private apartment rentals set to rise

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: HDB, private apartment rentals set to rise

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The Jurong Lake District is targetted at the thousands of engineers working on Jurong Island so that they have a nice home to come home to. It's not meant to be a crowd-puller or the new property hot-spot. People have been reading too much into it.

Anyway with the current sentiments, I doubt if developers want to jump in and bid high. There's too much speculative froth clouding the real fundamentals.
    I am not vested in Jurong area but we should have a constructive discussion. Please read MBT's Jurong Lake District MasterPlan 2008 before continuing any further discussion. Your assumption that the District is meant only for engineers doesn't help.

Unregistered Guest

I am not vested in Jurong area but we should have a constructive discussion. Please read MBT's Jurong Lake District MasterPlan 2008 before continuing any further discussion. Your assumption that the District is meant only for engineers doesn't help.
    may be 80% for engineers ?

Unregistered Guest

The Jurong Lake District is targetted at the thousands of engineers working on Jurong Island so that they have a nice home to come home to. It's not meant to be a crowd-puller or the new property hot-spot. People have been reading too much into it.

Anyway with the current sentiments, I doubt if developers want to jump in and bid high. There's too much speculative froth clouding the real fundamentals.
    These thousands of engineers better vote for PAP or else this whole damm thing will be scrapped. Punggol 21 is a good damm example.

Unregistered Guest

These thousands of engineers better vote for PAP or else this whole damm thing will be scrapped. Punggol 21 is a good damm example.
    what do you mean Punggol 21 is scrapped now ?

Unregistered Guest

may be 80% for engineers ?
    The Jurong Lake District is meant to house manufacturing HQs relocated from Shenton Way, MBFC and Suntec areas, so that these areas can be freed to serve the banking & finance HQs. Please note the word here is manufacturing HQs - not manufacturing plants. I think you guys should know many MNCs' regional HQs are based in Singapore.

The houses/apartments in this district will serve the housing needs of this district. Just like those in Marina Bay district would serve those in that district.

More districts will be coming out in MasterPlan 2008.

Unregistered Guest

He is not from Singapore so he is isn't sure of Punggol 21.

Anyway, watch the full details of Punggol Plan in MasterPlan 2008 in May.

Unregistered Guest

I guess you must be very young, PAP intend to scrap the whole Punggol 21 if they lose in this GRC during the second last election.

Unregistered Guest

Wow lau, another young chap.

Unregistered Guest

Wow lau, another young chap.
    Wah lau! Semi-retired already but still classified as young? That's just cool!

Unregistered Guest

Wah lau! Semi-retired already but still classified as young? That's just cool!
    Haven't reached 50, so still considered young.

Unregistered Guest

Swee lah! Huat ah!

Unregistered Guest

What can you expect from Foreign Thrash?
    What are these FTs doing here?

Unregistered Guest

What can you expect from Foreign Thrash?
    What are these FTs doing here?
    Messing up the place. What else?

Unregistered Guest

Messing up the place. What else?
    Then, we don't need them.

Unregistered Guest

Re: Singapore Property Prices Increasing
    « Reply #43 on: Today at 08:05:52 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's my reply to Well:

The bull run on property started well before 1996 around the same time when our then PM Mr Goh said to more good years and enhancing our assets and increase value. Of course, it actually started in 1993 before it accelerated and perked in 1996. Just when everyone seemed to be celebrating, in 1997 came the crash due to the Asian Financial Crisis. It didnt take the usual whole 10 year cycle, mind you. Dont forget that we have the sub-prime crisis in America now beside the high escalating food prices. We cant deny that everybody's pocket is hurting! I believe you will agree that food on the table is more important than committing a large sum of money into property now. That's what I am talking about. The present property run started in 2004 or 2005 and in my opinion, it has had already perked. Well, fyi, I have just bought my replacement unit after a year of hunting and am very happy with my choice. I have almost given up and would have resorted to renting if I have not found this gem (in fact, I wont have got it if the owner has not rejected higher offers. In the end he was too happy to sell it to me even though my offer is much lower than what he has hoped for). My point is, if I am not an enbloc seller, I won't have bought and paid a 'premium' for the property at this time. As for the owner, he foresees that there wont be any other offer in the short term esp after he has been marketing it for the past 4 months! You cant deny that property prices are heading south. I do not advise anybody to buy at this time if there is no necessity to do so. Mark my words, I think it's better to rent for a year cos when the price moves further south, one can save a lot. I am just sharing my own experience.
    Wow good deal. He dropped his offer? Great!!! Already panic has set in.

Unregistered Guest

If you believe him, you will also buy a condo now just like what he did.

Unregistered Guest

Exactly. A wolf in a sheep coat. This 'saint' probably waiting for his chance to buy and discourage others so as not to compete with him head on. Only fool will believe him.

Unregistered Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's my reply to Well:

The bull run on property started well before 1996 around the same time when our then PM Mr Goh said to more good years and enhancing our assets and increase value. Of course, it actually started in 1993 before it accelerated and perked in 1996. Just when everyone seemed to be celebrating, in 1997 came the crash due to the Asian Financial Crisis. It didnt take the usual whole 10 year cycle, mind you. Dont forget that we have the sub-prime crisis in America now beside the high escalating food prices. We cant deny that everybody's pocket is hurting! I believe you will agree that food on the table is more important than committing a large sum of money into property now. That's what I am talking about. The present property run started in 2004 or 2005 and in my opinion, it has had already perked. Well, fyi, I have just bought my replacement unit after a year of hunting and am very happy with my choice. I have almost given up and would have resorted to renting if I have not found this gem (in fact, I wont have got it if the owner has not rejected higher offers. In the end he was too happy to sell it to me even though my offer is much lower than what he has hoped for). My point is, if I am not an enbloc seller, I won't have bought and paid a 'premium' for the property at this time. As for the owner, he foresees that there wont be any other offer in the short term esp after he has been marketing it for the past 4 months! You cant deny that property prices are heading south. I do not advise anybody to buy at this time if there is no necessity to do so. Mark my words, I think it's better to rent for a year cos when the price moves further south, one can save a lot. I am just sharing my own experience.
    The writer has just bought.
    Come! Let's follow him and buy too.

Unregistered Guest

Wah! Like dat cheong liao lor! Huat ah!

Unregistered Guest

Here's my reply to Well:

Alright man! Finally someone sitting on the bench has bought. Let's buy!

Unregistered Guest

I hv saved for years and paid up for my only retired asset, a ppty. But, inflation has eaten up it's value and ruin my retirement plan.

I hope govt can boost the ppty prices so I can hv enough money to retire. I heard that in Dubai ppty prices has increased by more than 10 folds since 2002 until today. Beijing, Shanghai, HK and many part of South East Asia hv also increased many many folds since early 2000 until now.

Then, why our ppty prices increased so slow and little in Singapore? How can the retirees survive in this high inflationary environment with so little amount of money?

I read from this forum some ppl said that our ppty prices was intentionally kept low so we can attract foreign talent. Is that true? I hope not.

Unregistered Guest

I hv saved for years and paid up for my only retired asset, a ppty. But, inflation has eaten up it's value and ruin my retirement plan.

I hope govt can boost the ppty prices so I can hv enough money to retire. I heard that in Dubai ppty prices has increased by more than 10 folds since 2002 until today. Beijing, Shanghai, HK and many part of South East Asia hv also increased many many folds since early 2000 until now.

Then, why our ppty prices increased so slow and little in Singapore? How can the retirees survive in this high inflationary environment with so little amount of money?

I read from this forum some ppl said that our ppty prices was intentionally kept low so we can attract foreign talent. Is that true? I hope not.
    Dear Retiree,

Rest assured that your worries are unfounded.

On the contrary, the Government continously invests billions throughout the island to enhance the values of assets owned by all Singaporeans.

Read the following speech by none other than our MM Lee.

"Singapore is undergoing a transformation. The Marina Barrage is completed. From next year 2009, saline water will be drained out and we will have a fresh water lake. PUB will make sure that the lake is free of debris and pollution. All streams, canals and monsoon drains will become the recreation waterways and be greened up and fitted with board water. This requires complex engineering task and also needs the cooperation of our people to keep our drains and waterways free of plastic and other waste.

By 2011, the Marina Bay Area will be splendid, especially a water plaza, surrounded by a promenade fronting financial centres, integrated resorts, residential condominiums, food and beverages outlets, an enchanting sight to behold. It will be a unique city centre. We will not leave our heartlands behind. All new towns will be upgraded and beautified. The massive new investments in infrastructure and beautification, plus a steadily growing economy, with higher incomes, will keep property values going up."

The full text of his speech can be found here:

http://www.pmo.gov.sg/News/Speech+by...ear+Dinner.htm

Transformer Guest

Dear Retiree,

On the contrary, the Government continously invests billions throughout the island to enhance the values of assets owned by all Singaporeans.

"Singapore is undergoing a transformation. The Marina Barrage is completed. From next year 2009, saline water will be drained out and we will have a fresh water lake. PUB will make sure that the lake is free of debris and pollution. All streams, canals and monsoon drains will become the recreation waterways and be greened up and fitted with board water. This requires complex engineering task and also needs the cooperation of our people to keep our drains and waterways free of plastic and other waste.

By 2011, the Marina Bay Area will be splendid, especially a water plaza, surrounded by a promenade fronting financial centres, integrated resorts, residential condominiums, food and beverages outlets, an enchanting sight to behold. It will be a unique city centre. We will not leave our heartlands behind. All new towns will be upgraded and beautified. The massive new investments in infrastructure and beautification, plus a steadily growing economy, with higher incomes, will keep property values going up."

Well said!

Unregistered Guest

Dear Retiree,

Thanks. What a relief!

I will not cash in my ppty for now. I will hold and continue to hold until the price increase by at least another 300%.

Retiree.

Unregistered Guest

Thanks. What a relief!

I will not cash in my ppty for now. I will hold and continue to hold until the price increase by at least another 300%.

Retiree.
    Good move!

Unregistered Guest

Good move!
    Huat ah!!!

Unregistered Guest

Just add the additional price growth onto the 4.2% lor.
    I would like to know what this figure of 4.2% is.
    Is it the PPI as defined here
    http://app.mti.gov.sg/data/article/3...ertyIncome.pdf

if it is , and before everyone starts jumping, I'm not sure it is......... (are we clear?)

the formula is NOT based on actual property transactions!
    figure is based on GDP, interest rates and stockmarket index. and apparently uses 12 quarters of data.

If this is the way the index is calculated, then you can see it is possible for this index to rise, even if actual property transactions fall.

Read the article , I would love to see the most recent data plotted this way, you can clearly see if we are experiencing a bubble or if prices are justified. Nice, non emotional , data driven.

Unregistered Guest

if it is , and before everyone starts jumping, I'm not sure it is......... (are we clear?)

figure is based on GDP, interest rates and stockmarket index. and apparently uses 12 quarters of data.

If this is the way the index is calculated, then you can see it is possible for this index to rise, even if actual property transactions fall.

Read the article , I would love to see the most recent data plotted this way, you can clearly see if we are experiencing a bubble or if prices are justified. Nice, non emotional , data driven.
    So? What is the conclusion?

Unregistered Guest

If you believe the trend shown in the Graph 1, then you see that at no time did the PPI fall below the Real GDP line. So any sharp rise is speculation and external factor driven, and will one day revert to the underlying trend.

Extrapolating to the current situation, there IS a bubble about to burst.

Unregistered Guest

Thanks. What a relief!

Retiree.
    U are retired. u sure u can hold until price increased? i think u died before tat.