Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Developers' Projects with Prices Slashed / ABSD Rebates / Re-Launch Discounts / etc.

Thumbs up Developers' Projects with Prices Slashed / ABSD Rebates / Re-Launch Discounts / etc.

This discussion thread is for sharing good lobangs with the forumers here. Please feel free to contribute any good lobangs that you had come across.
    In the current low sale-volume climate, we foresee many developers' projects going to drop prices soon - especially for those unsold units that are near, or have even passed, their T.O.P dates.
    In fact, some have already dropped prices. I shall start by contributing here:

27 July 2014

1) Vermont on Cairnhill
    Cairnhill Rise (D09)
    Freehold
    Just T.O.P.
    Many units went by more than half-million dollars discounts
    Results: 31 units out of the last 34 units were sold in 2 weeks upon the start of the discount program.
    Currently left with only 3 units of 3BR.
    From $2.691m, or $2016psf nett.

2) Whitehaven
    Pasir Panjang Road (D05)
    Freehold
    Last unit of 4BR DK ($1530psf) and 12 units of penthouses (from $1285psf)
    Developer opened to negotiation!

3) The Skywoods
    Dairy Farm Road (D23) near Hillview MRT Station
    99-years LH
    Prices have dropped to $1,1xx to $1,3xx psf
    Results: 19 units sold in 2 weeks

4) The Crest
    Prince Charles Crescent (D03)
    99-years LH
    Prices are averagely $1,6xx psf to $1,9xx psf. Already cheaper than the neighbouring Echelon, yet buyers will enjoy additional ABSD rebates.

5) Hallmark Residences
    Ewe Boon Road (D10) near Stevens MRT
    Freehold
    T.O.P. coming soon
    Prices slashed by 10%. Average prices dropped from $2,3xx psf to $1,8xx psf (for 3BR from $2.8m, 4BR from $3.5m) to $1,9xx psf (for 2BR, from $1.89m).
    Results: 40% sold in 2weeks. For buyers looking for 4BR, there are only 2 units left.

6) The Trilinq
    Jalan Lempeng (D05) near Clementi MRT
    99-yrs LH
    Developer opened to negotiation. But re-launch program coming soon. Stay tuned.

Need more info to the above projects? Feel free to contact me at 96882200 or [email protected].
    Last edited by sunboy77; 27-07-14 at 13:19.

Please feel free to contribute here if you come across any good discounts from developers.

Hopefully they are genuine discounts and not those gimmicky, 'mark-up-prices-but-give-discounts' types. Haha.

Panorama got discounts too...

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Panorama got discounts too...
    Thanks august.

8) The Panorama
    Ang Mo Kio Ave 2 (D20) next to Mayflower MRT
    99-yrs LH.
    Prices slashed from ($13xx psf - $15xx psf) to ($11xx psf - $13xx psf)
    Results: 63 units sold in June/July

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wow! Developers can provide ABSD rebates! This is akin to exploiting loophole and evasion of the ABSD cooling measures and nothing is being done by MND and MAS? Are they sleeping or just closing one eye?

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    This discussion thread is for sharing good lobangs with the forumers here. Please feel free to contribute any good lobangs that you had come across.
    In the current low sale-volume climate, we foresee many developers' projects going to drop prices soon - especially for those unsold units that are near, or have even passed, their T.O.P dates.
    In fact, some have already dropped prices. I shall start by contributing here:

27 July 2014

1) Vermont on Cairnhill
    Cairnhill Rise (D09)
    Freehold
    Just T.O.P.
    Many units went by more than half-million dollars discounts
    Results: 31 units out of the last 34 units were sold in 2 weeks upon the start of the discount program.
    Currently left with only 3 units of 3BR.
    From $2.691m, or $2016psf nett.

2) Whitehaven
    Pasir Panjang Road (D05)
    Freehold
    Last unit of 4BR DK ($1530psf) and 12 units of penthouses (from $1285psf)
    Developer opened to negotiation!

3) The Skywoods
    Dairy Farm Road (D23) near Hillview MRT Station
    99-years LH
    Prices have dropped to $1,1xx to $1,3xx psf
    Results: 19 units sold in 2 weeks

4) The Crest
    99-years LH
    Prices are averagely $1,6xx psf to $1,9xx psf. Already cheaper than the neighbouring Echelon, yet buyers will enjoy additional ABSD rebates.

5) Hallmark Residences
    Ewe Boon Road (D10) near Stevens MRT
    Freehold
    T.O.P. coming soon
    Prices slashed by 10%. Average prices dropped from $2,3xx psf to $1,8xx psf (for 3BR from $2.8m, 4BR from $3.5m) to $1,9xx psf (for 2BR, from $1.89m).
    Results: 40% sold in 2weeks. For buyers looking for 4BR, there are only 2 units left.

6) The Trilinq
    Jalan Lempeng (D05) near Clementi MRT
    99-yrs LH
    Developer opened to negotiation. But re-launch program coming soon. Stay tuned.

Need more info to the above projects? Feel free to contact me at 96882200 or [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Wow! Developers can provide ABSD rebates! This is akin to exploiting loophole and evasion of the ABSD cooling measures and nothing is being done by MND and MAS? Are they sleeping or just closing one eye?
    Why? u jealous but cannot afford? LOL!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

I suspect Commonwealth Towers will be next to lelong. Haha.

i prefer resale. lower psf. ready to be rented out.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

this means that if buyer is paying 15% they rebate 15% and if buyer is paying 10%, they rebate 10% and likewise if buyer is paying 7%, they will rebate 7%?

4) The Crest
    99-years LH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I never buy any new since my 1st purchase years years ago
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

is the vermont such a great deal after the discounts? all the units were taken up

seems like brand new 1400 sq ft 3 bedders at 2000psf or around 2.7m is attractive to the buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post
    is the vermont such a great deal after the discounts? all the units were taken up

Same here. It makes more financial sense. I collect 3-4 years of rental more. And after 10 years, the price of a new unit is more or less the same as the older one. As a buyer, do you really care if the property TOP in 1995 or 1999? Both are old.

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post

D'leedon - 15% for all units.

anymore new discounts?

very good for own stay!

but this one is after mark up then discount back 15%. my friend bought the true discount in jan 2013. since then, similar units had been marked up then discounted back 15%, which is still more ex than the jan 2013 sale. similarly so for interlace, 19% is not really a great discount price because it is after mark up.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    D'leedon - 15% for all units.

anymore new discounts?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Same here. It makes more financial sense. I collect 3-4 years of rental more. And after 10 years, the price of a new unit is more or less the same as the older one. As a buyer, do you really care if the property TOP in 1995 or 1999? Both are old.
    It depends on the timing and 'lobang'

For resale u need 'lobang' and hardwork and can be very time consuming.

I think it is a good deal especially it has TOPed. Psf about the same as older condos nearby.

D09, brand new, just TOP, with many units at $2,0xx psf or even lower ley.

Vermont was 100% SOLD since last Monday. Even the show suites with extra ID costs were sold.

The power of price slashes. Shows that it's not all about affordability. It's about buyers looking for value-buys.

9. The Cascadia
    Bukit Timah Road next to King Albert Park MRT and the new KAP mall.
    FREEHOLD
    T.O.P. since 2010
    11 units of penthouses, 7 units of 2+S, 4 units of 3BR and 1 unit of 4BR remaining.
    Prices were slashed from ($1,7xx psf - $2,0xx psf) range to current averagely $1,6xx psf (referring to typical units. Not penthouses or patio units).
    We still have one more 2+S unit at $1,5xx psf.

Results: 8 units sold in the months of June/July. Good-facing 3BR units all gone (less the show suite).

This one really good lobang. For all the ai-phee-ai-cyee buyers who "want freehold, want central location, want MRT, want mall, want good layout (all come with enclosed kitchen and yard and queen-size bedrooms), yet cheap". Haha dunno where else to find liao.
    Last edited by sunboy77; 01-08-14 at 00:56.

this is from developer?

what about the fund which is trying to unload the units it bought from the developer? did they manage to sell well and/or are they slashing prices as well?

9. The Cascadia
    FREEHOLD
    T.O.P. since 2010
    11 units of penthouses, 7 units of 2+S, 4 units of 3BR and 1 unit of 4BR remaining.
    Prices were slashed from ($1,7xx psf - $2,0xx psf) range to current averagely $1,6xx psf (referring to typical units. Not penthouses or patio units).

Results: 8 units sold in the months of June/July. Good-facing 3BR units all gone (less the show suite).

This one really good lobang. For all the ai-phee-ai-cyee buyers who "want freehold, want central location, want MRT, want mall, want good layout (all come with enclosed kitchen and yard and queen-size bedrooms), yet cheap". Haha dunno where else to find liao.

Which investments don't need? Unless you go with the flow, go in the bank and buy minibonds. Lose money, then blame everyone else. No pain, no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    It depends on the timing and 'lobang'

For resale u need 'lobang' and hardwork and can be very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    this is from developer?

what about the fund which is trying to unload the units it bought from the developer? did they manage to sell well and/or are they slashing prices as well?
    Hi bargain hunter. Indeed, these units are owned by the fund. The developer do not hold any more units.

Developers are giving 'discounts' based on marked-up prices. Know of someone who bought direct from fund awhile back - 3br, 4th flr, pool-facing @ just over $1,400 psf, quantum ard $1.8M+.

9. The Cascadia
    FREEHOLD
    T.O.P. since 2010

ic. its good that the fund has cleared most of its units then.

Hi bargain hunter. Indeed, these units are owned by the fund. The developer do not hold any more units.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    Developers are giving 'discounts' based on marked-up prices. Know of someone who bought direct from fund awhile back - 3br, 4th flr, pool-facing @ just over $1,400 psf, quantum ard $1.8M+.
    I went through all the caveats lodged. No such transaction in my records.
    The only $1,4xx psf units are all ground floor patio units.

Possible to be unlogged or unrecorded you think?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The Cascadia saw 72 units transacted in the primary market at $1,464 psf median price.

I found this from a blog on 15 June 2010: http://thecascadia.wordpress.com/

Thinking out loud and sharing what I know first hand. No idea abt your sources. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by czk04 View Post
    The Cascadia saw 72 units transacted in the primary market at $1,464 psf median price.

I found this from a blog on 15 June 2010: http://thecascadia.wordpress.com/
    Not surprising about the median price cos penthouses can go as low as $8xx psf.