Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

  1. #1
    Any complaints please PM me
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,129

    Default Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    April 1, 2008

    Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Bravo's deals involve Tulip Garden for $516m and Pender Court for $80m

    By Joyce Teo


    A SMALL property firm that snapped up enough sites to place it among the top en bloc players last year has put off completing two deals while it ties up funding.

    Because of the delays, owners at one condo are still waiting to pick up cheques for well over $1 million each. They expected payment in late February but an extension put this back to March and now the due date is late this month.

    The payments are pending from Bravo Building Construction, a relatively new firm on the property scene. It bought freehold Pender Court condominium in the Telok Blangah area for $80 million last July and soon after purchased Tulip Garden near Holland Road - also freehold - for $516 million.

    But completion of both deals seems to have stalled.

    Completion is at the final stage of the sale process and triggers the final payment - usually around 95 per cent of the purchase price - to owners. The remaining 5 per cent is paid when the owner vacates.

    These headaches for the owners come amid a slowing market for collective sales. The first quarter this year saw just one relatively small deal, compared with some 25 notched up in the same period last year.

    The Tulip Garden transaction is expected to be completed late next month but Bravo has already asked for two postponements - first to July 23 and then Aug 7.

    It has also asked for extensions to pay an additional 5 per cent of the purchase price - $25.8 million.

    This is a routine payment required once the Strata Titles Board approves a sale. An initial 5 per cent deposit was paid when the sale was done.

    The deadline for the second 5 per cent payment was March 13 but Bravo won approval to move it to April 7. Then in mid-March, it again asked to move the date, this time to May 5.

    However, before the sale committee could respond to the request, it is understood that Bravo asked again to have the date moved even further back, to June 7.

    Tulip Garden sold for about $1,018 per sq ft. It has 164 units comprising 96 flats, 66 maisonettes and two shophouses. Flat owners stand to reap $2.5 million to $4.2 million while maisonette owners will receive about $3.4 million each. The shop units will get about $1.1 million each.

    The owners are meeting this weekend to consider Bravo's requests that the completion date be pushed back to Aug 7 and the deadline for the $25.8 million payment be extended to June 7.

    The Pender Court deal is even further behind schedule.

    Bravo was supposed to have completed the sale on Feb 25 but had it postponed, initially to around mid-March. It then asked for a further extension to April 24, which has apparently been granted.

    Pender Court's 48 owners should each get $1.6 million or so for their flats, which sold for about $872 psf.

    Sources have told The Straits Times that they understand Bravo is committed to completing the two purchases and just needs more time to arrange funding.

    Bravo, which was registered in 2002, reportedly picked up $824.5 million worth of en bloc sale deals last year, making it the fourth-largest buyer of en bloc sites.

    Bravo's directors could not be reached for comment, despite numerous telephone calls and a visit to its office in an industrial building in Geylang Road last Friday. A Bravo staff member said that the company directors were away on business.

    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    April 1, 2008

    Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Bravo's deals involve Tulip Garden for $516m and Pender Court for $80m

    By Joyce Teo


    A SMALL property firm that snapped up enough sites to place it among the top en bloc players last year has put off completing two deals while it ties up funding.

    Because of the delays, owners at one condo are still waiting to pick up cheques for well over $1 million each. They expected payment in late February but an extension put this back to March and now the due date is late this month.

    The payments are pending from Bravo Building Construction, a relatively new firm on the property scene. It bought freehold Pender Court condominium in the Telok Blangah area for $80 million last July and soon after purchased Tulip Garden near Holland Road - also freehold - for $516 million.

    But completion of both deals seems to have stalled.

    Completion is at the final stage of the sale process and triggers the final payment - usually around 95 per cent of the purchase price - to owners. The remaining 5 per cent is paid when the owner vacates.

    These headaches for the owners come amid a slowing market for collective sales. The first quarter this year saw just one relatively small deal, compared with some 25 notched up in the same period last year.

    The Tulip Garden transaction is expected to be completed late next month but Bravo has already asked for two postponements - first to July 23 and then Aug 7.

    It has also asked for extensions to pay an additional 5 per cent of the purchase price - $25.8 million.

    This is a routine payment required once the Strata Titles Board approves a sale. An initial 5 per cent deposit was paid when the sale was done.

    The deadline for the second 5 per cent payment was March 13 but Bravo won approval to move it to April 7. Then in mid-March, it again asked to move the date, this time to May 5.

    However, before the sale committee could respond to the request, it is understood that Bravo asked again to have the date moved even further back, to June 7.

    Tulip Garden sold for about $1,018 per sq ft. It has 164 units comprising 96 flats, 66 maisonettes and two shophouses. Flat owners stand to reap $2.5 million to $4.2 million while maisonette owners will receive about $3.4 million each. The shop units will get about $1.1 million each.

    The owners are meeting this weekend to consider Bravo's requests that the completion date be pushed back to Aug 7 and the deadline for the $25.8 million payment be extended to June 7.

    The Pender Court deal is even further behind schedule.

    Bravo was supposed to have completed the sale on Feb 25 but had it postponed, initially to around mid-March. It then asked for a further extension to April 24, which has apparently been granted.

    Pender Court's 48 owners should each get $1.6 million or so for their flats, which sold for about $872 psf.

    Sources have told The Straits Times that they understand Bravo is committed to completing the two purchases and just needs more time to arrange funding.

    Bravo, which was registered in 2002, reportedly picked up $824.5 million worth of en bloc sale deals last year, making it the fourth-largest buyer of en bloc sites.

    Bravo's directors could not be reached for comment, despite numerous telephone calls and a visit to its office in an industrial building in Geylang Road last Friday. A Bravo staff member said that the company directors were away on business.

    [email protected]
    Y ask for time extension???? Give up la.....
    516M is not a joke....... different class of developer player

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Y ask for time extension???? Give up la.....
    516M is not a joke....... different class of developer player
    Seems it is the first step.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Seems it is the first step.

    first step to ... ?

  5. #5
    Analyst
    Guest

    Cool Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    first step to ... ?
    They have bitten off more than they can chew.

    It is highly unlikely that this en bloc can proceed, unless these developers are bought over by one of the big guys. Otherwise, they will just wind up and the en bloc deal becomes effectively dead.

    On the whole, this will be a good wake up call for the market. Will make everyone, buyers and sellers more realistic, and also prevent over and unjustified exuberance. May also stave off Govt action (should the sub prime thing blow over).

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Smile Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst
    They have bitten off more than they can chew.

    It is highly unlikely that this en bloc can proceed, unless these developers are bought over by one of the big guys. Otherwise, they will just wind up and the en bloc deal becomes effectively dead.

    On the whole, this will be a good wake up call for the market. Will make everyone, buyers and sellers more realistic, and also prevent over and unjustified exuberance. May also stave off Govt action (should the sub prime thing blow over).
    Yup, simple .

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    April 1, 2008

    Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Bravo's deals involve Tulip Garden for $516m and Pender Court for $80m

    By Joyce Teo


    A SMALL property firm that snapped up enough sites to place it among the top en bloc players last year has put off completing two deals while it ties up funding.

    Because of the delays, owners at one condo are still waiting to pick up cheques for well over $1 million each. They expected payment in late February but an extension put this back to March and now the due date is late this month.

    The payments are pending from Bravo Building Construction, a relatively new firm on the property scene. It bought freehold Pender Court condominium in the Telok Blangah area for $80 million last July and soon after purchased Tulip Garden near Holland Road - also freehold - for $516 million.

    But completion of both deals seems to have stalled.

    Completion is at the final stage of the sale process and triggers the final payment - usually around 95 per cent of the purchase price - to owners. The remaining 5 per cent is paid when the owner vacates.

    These headaches for the owners come amid a slowing market for collective sales. The first quarter this year saw just one relatively small deal, compared with some 25 notched up in the same period last year.

    The Tulip Garden transaction is expected to be completed late next month but Bravo has already asked for two postponements - first to July 23 and then Aug 7.

    It has also asked for extensions to pay an additional 5 per cent of the purchase price - $25.8 million.

    This is a routine payment required once the Strata Titles Board approves a sale. An initial 5 per cent deposit was paid when the sale was done.

    The deadline for the second 5 per cent payment was March 13 but Bravo won approval to move it to April 7. Then in mid-March, it again asked to move the date, this time to May 5.

    However, before the sale committee could respond to the request, it is understood that Bravo asked again to have the date moved even further back, to June 7.

    Tulip Garden sold for about $1,018 per sq ft. It has 164 units comprising 96 flats, 66 maisonettes and two shophouses. Flat owners stand to reap $2.5 million to $4.2 million while maisonette owners will receive about $3.4 million each. The shop units will get about $1.1 million each.

    The owners are meeting this weekend to consider Bravo's requests that the completion date be pushed back to Aug 7 and the deadline for the $25.8 million payment be extended to June 7.

    The Pender Court deal is even further behind schedule.

    Bravo was supposed to have completed the sale on Feb 25 but had it postponed, initially to around mid-March. It then asked for a further extension to April 24, which has apparently been granted.

    Pender Court's 48 owners should each get $1.6 million or so for their flats, which sold for about $872 psf.

    Sources have told The Straits Times that they understand Bravo is committed to completing the two purchases and just needs more time to arrange funding.

    Bravo, which was registered in 2002, reportedly picked up $824.5 million worth of en bloc sale deals last year, making it the fourth-largest buyer of en bloc sites.

    Bravo's directors could not be reached for comment, despite numerous telephone calls and a visit to its office in an industrial building in Geylang Road last Friday. A Bravo staff member said that the company directors were away on business.

    [email protected]
    What choice do the residents have at this point? I suspect no other developer would dare to commit to buy more land from enbloc sale?

    To begin with, many were shocked that this project could fetch such high prices given the location.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    What choice do the residents have at this point? I suspect no other developer would dare to commit to buy more land from enbloc sale?

    To begin with, many were shocked that this project could fetch such high prices given the location.
    LET ENBLOC REST IN PEACE.

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    Just a thought, was enbloc intended only for the renewal of the downtown area to make it more modern, more swanky? Then it caught on like wildfire by the rest hoping to make quick bucks? Traditionally high class apartments started in the city for the rich. Was Pandan Valley the first condo in Singapore?

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Two en bloc sales delayed; developer asks for more time

    with the high development cost, it is unwise to buy en boc site at such a high price. There is a big price gap between the new property launch and completed resale property. New property launch are prcing at a future price. Serious buyer would rather pay a more reasonable price at the resale market.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Time to switch out of developer stocks?
    By reporter2 in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 22-06-18, 20:13
  2. Khaw asks CEA to 'press ahead' on several fronts
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 4
    -: 31-01-12, 17:26
  3. En Bloc Woes - dealing with small time developer
    By velocitired in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 7
    -: 11-02-11, 11:44
  4. Developer says: time to pay up Buyer says: give me more time
    By Cactus72 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 10-05-09, 02:31
  5. En bloc sales: Time for lawmakers to act in the interests of the public
    By DrMinority in forum En Bloc Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 04-06-07, 00:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •