Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Bleu @ East Coast (D16, Freehold, Sim Lian)

Resident Happy Guest

Default How to search for group?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu Eye Girl
    Hi guys,

Since facebook is so hot right now, and i am in foreign land alone with nothing better to do, i created a facebook group for residents of Bleu. You may search under "Bleu @ East Coast" for group name.... cite your unit number and I will add you. That way, we can be more private about our postings..

For those residents with no facebook account.... GET ONE..
    Hello everyone.

I collected my keys today as well and am wondering how do you search for groups on facebook as I am not a regular user of my account? Thank you Bleu Eye Girl for taking the initiative and I agree to use somewhere more private to discuss ways we can improve on our new homes. As you can see, this posting has some rather childish and undesirable people posting useless vengeful comments on our resident's postings.

I look forward to a wonderful environment with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Happy
    Hello everyone.

I collected my keys today as well and am wondering how do you search for groups on facebook as I am not a regular user of my account? Thank you Bleu Eye Girl for taking the initiative and I agree to use somewhere more private to discuss ways we can improve on our new homes. As you can see, this posting has some rather childish and undesirable people posting useless vengeful comments on our resident's postings.

I look forward to a wonderful environment with all of you.
    Indeed.

Greetings and welcome aboard!

Ach Guest

Quote Originally Posted by orion
    Hi Xarain

when we purchased the 2+1 during laucnh we were asked whether we wanted to keep the door that leads out to the balcony for our ground floor unit or have it bricked up and a window put in it's place.

Your pros and cons are pretty much spot on for the 2+1.

Hi, I bought 1 2+1 unit also, and our study room has a door access to the balcony and we are very disappointed with the room size also. When we bought the unit, they didn't tell us that we can choose between wall and door =( wonder if we can tell them to seal up the wall now that we have already collected our keys? thanks..

CH's Huasband Guest

Default Anything Under the Sun

Wah.... 1st 1 to flush $#%^@ down eh... hahaha toilet bowl look abit small but I guess its alrite! (I must clarify that I do NOT hv huge ars_ !)

The spa tub for dog is it??? So small... We collected our keys today and must say that workmanship so far ok lah... Master bedroom quite disappointed... mine is a Type B3b ground floor unit. Master bedroom looks like 2nd bedroom. Wardrobe too close to toilet door very tight movement and bathroom looks ok but bay window space much wasted. The rest looks like showroom.

But I am very disappointed at my PES cos it did not flush with my adjacent neighbour PES and the so called balcony with PES looks so small... doesn't seems like the one on the Floor plan... sigh.... Must look somewhere for cosy corner. But must say the view to the rear of the project is nice!

Hope to meet the rest of u'all... 1st day oredy make friends with neighbour.

C u'all soon! Cheers!

CH's Husband Guest

Default Anything Under the Sun

Oh... forgot! The second door in the room... leave it. Cos if u wanted it later, it will be more expensive to knock down the wall and then install the door frame. If u leave it and decided to seal it up, just remove the door frame and put wall brick will do. At the moment, I hv no intention to seal it up cos never noe when we will use it.

Property Tax... see how cheng hu calculates it lor... on that note, I think the maint. fees abit high at $41 per share.

Anyone with ground floor?

Bleu.grdfloor Guest

I have a ground floor too.Thinking of was to seal up rear PES for safety reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ach
    Hi, I bought 1 2+1 unit also, and our study room has a door access to the balcony and we are very disappointed with the room size also. When we bought the unit, they didn't tell us that we can choose between wall and door =( wonder if we can tell them to seal up the wall now that we have already collected our keys? thanks..
    I plan to hack the wall and then extend my toliet into this 'study room' - lets hope the allow.... or else

Unregistered.Bleu Guest

"They" means the owners of the Bleu.If all agree we can do renovation for the units as is best for all units uniformly.

New@BLEU Guest

Default Install Windows to Enclose Service Balcony

HI :-)

Got a 2+1 unit there, and glad to have found this thread started by future neighbours of BLEU :-)

Just a couple of questions here to gather some collective wisdom:

1. I feel that the service balcony is rather exposed, and I would reckon that laundry and washing machine would be affected when raining. Can we install windows (sliding type with theme to match existing windows in bedroom, etc.) to enclose the area? Also, there're come wooden cabinets enclosing the junction boxes that will also be affected by rain.

2. Is there a car washing point?

Cheers...

Default Collected keys

Collected keys on Monday.

Kitchen is tiny, but I dont really cook, so still ok.
    But the study is really wasted.
    Din know there is such option of sealing the door and put a window.
    Too late to request for it now?

Also notice the BBQ area like no place to put food leh.

Love the balcony most, though initially thought such a big area for balcony for what. Now get to appreciate it.

Bleu Eye Girl: Please help to add me in the facebook group.

New@Bleu: I aslo have the same questions... :P

lil bleu Guest

Default PES -sealing it up

HI Bleu Groundfloor.....

We have a groundfloor unit too and I think the wall is too low and is therefore too 'open' to intruders....Would prefer to have a higher wall...but don't think this is possible?? Also, would putting a glass panel to act as a wall be alright? If everyone has the same concerns, then we need to do something about it.

To Help: Don't think you can make the balcony as part of the living area...as this would change the facade of the building.

Default Rear PES enclosure

If all grd floor unit owners agree to some common design that is functional and asethetically pleasantto seal up the rear PES I dont see any problem unless the design contravenes BCA guidelines.We are after all the owners.Only so little of us grd floor owners shld be no problem unless there are objectors

speaking of PESs... are you allowed to have a BBQ in your PES/Balconies?

the common BBQ area looks rather small and i'm also not really in favor of 2 weeks advance booking + $200 deposit via cheque for each session

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain

the common BBQ area looks rather small and i'm also not really in favor of 2 weeks advance booking + $200 deposit via cheque for each session
    That is stupid .. you should have that deposit removed.
    It is your facillities and you are paying maintenance to use it.
    So why have to pay deposit?
    if afraid people book and then dont turn up, then have a book to record it and blacklist those people or highlight to mgmt.

An owner Guest

This is common practise to prevent irresponsible people from damaging the facilities. Usually the cheque will not be deposited. It'll be returned to you & you can reuse the cheque again when you book the BBQ.

2 weeks advance booking is a bit tight. 1-2 months will be good.

smoke Guest

Thumbs down

its extremely inconsiderate to bbq in balcony. Imagine the smoke into neighbours houses..

bbq Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smoke
    its extremely inconsiderate to bbq in balcony. Imagine the smoke into neighbours houses..
    Agree. BBQ in penthouse is ok but not in other units.

Default Swimming and Jacuzzi

Hi,

Was at bleu swimming over the weekend. Shiok.
    And jacuzzi too.

Now planning for BBQ
    And saw neighbour already moved in... super fast.

New@BLEU Guest

Default Car Parking

Hmm...it seems that the parking at the basement is limited, and there's no other parking spaces on the surface. Anyone here got 2 cars?

one car Guest

Quote Originally Posted by New@BLEU
    Hmm...it seems that the parking at the basement is limited, and there's no other parking spaces on the surface. Anyone here got 2 cars?
    Don't expect too much. For a small project like this, you can only park 1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by New@BLEU
    I park 2nd car outside or opposite.The exit point in the basement carpark is very tight.Now compared to my previous apartment the bedrooms,living and kitchen are really small.

New@BLEU Guest

Default Car Parking

Quote Originally Posted by DRSG
    I park 2nd car outside or opposite.The exit point in the basement carpark is very tight.Now compared to my previous apartment the bedrooms,living and kitchen are really small.
    OK...looks like this has to be the arrangement. But any potential issue with that?

Default Renovations

Anyone got defects to share?

UnregĄstered Guest

Anyone got defects to share?
    So far so good.

My main door is dented Im guessing the main door hit the handle of the bomb shelter door which was not closed properly

What about paint / cement residue - Are they liable to clean them up too?

Mikey Guest

My main door is dented Im guessing the main door hit the handle of the bomb shelter door which was not closed properly

What about paint / cement residue - Are they liable to clean them up too?
    Don't worry, main door are visible so they can change it for you as long as in stock. This kind of defect is small thing unless you are superstitutous but even so, no big deal. A new door is just as good.

btw, what can be done with the bomb shelter? can tear down or not?

I dont think its hackable!

In fact want to remove door i dont think can also

Noisy? Guest

Is this the condo by the road? Noisy or not?

Default Home shelter waste of space... :(

I dont think its hackable!

In fact want to remove door i dont think can also
    I also want to remove the door!!!

Ach Guest

Unhappy What is your monthly interest rate for bank loan?

Just realised that the bank had adjusted the interest rate to 4% after they post the statement to us! Was shocked and had approached the bank to recalculate the rate and found out that what they charged previously was incorrect and they bring down the rate to 2.5%. Can any of the owners here share what is your interest rate? I believe that the bank can still decrease the interest lower than 2.5%.