Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: End of property boom in sight?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: End of property boom in sight?

Posco likely to carry out 15-17% hike in steel prices....
    further increased in steel price, property price will up accordingly as steel is the major material for building.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Speculators have already made tonnes of money in the last three years.

Definitely will not "burn and die!".

An average speculator who bought just one average condo worth $1.5 million three years ago would have earned around $1 million.

$1 million is equivalent to approximately 20 years of "sour grape" salaries.

If speculators who've earned $1 million will "burn and die", then what more for sour grapes who are still working very very hard everyday and yet to earn this amount of money?

So if the speculator lives a "sour grape" lifestyle, e.g. stay in HDB flat, take public transport and eat at hawker centres ... that should last 20 years.
    They will make money provided they have bailed out. If they have even 1 property left, they are still in the deep end and can wipe out the gains and even more than that.

If they can hold then yeah no problem at all.

Unregistered Guest

woooooohahahahahaha are you joking? property tumbling. go check with your agent.
    Checked already. Still going up.

Unregistered Guest

Drop lah... Let it drop lah....Important thing is to consolidate....Platform will be created for future bourse.....
    What goes up must come down. Go up 10 steps, come down 1 step.

Unregistered Guest

What is going up? Your blood pressure? Check again to be sure.

Unregistered Guest

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/28/news...tune/index.htm

Interesting article

Chaos on Wall Street - On the brink of disaster
    By Allan Sloan, senior editor at large

Unregistered Guest

U mean walk around with agent can know prices still going up??
    Pity u but talk care, dun ur agent bluff u like a frog in a well.....

Unregistered Guest

wake up brother! check with property agent, not car or insurance agent!

Unregistered Guest

Oh you drive a Subaru?
    IS YOUR SUBARU FULLY PAID? CAN U STILL AFFORD TO PAY FOR THE PETROL? THE PETROL PRICE ARE GOING UP EVERY NOW N THEN. I HOPE U
    DONT STUCK MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WITH AN EMPTY TANK.........

Unregistered Guest

IS YOUR SUBARU FULLY PAID? CAN U STILL AFFORD TO PAY FOR THE PETROL? THE PETROL PRICE ARE GOING UP EVERY NOW N THEN. I HOPE U
    DONT STUCK MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WITH AN EMPTY TANK.........
    woooohahahahaha panicky speckys losing their cool...wooohahahaha.

Unregistered Guest

Interesting article

Yes true and scary. But the frogs in the well can't see beyond their walls. Pathetic. Pity them. They keep croaking all day long but far away from the ground reality.

Unregistered Guest

My agent just called me and said that this weekend the firesale will pick momentum. All signs point to a big meltdown.

Unregistered Guest

woooohahahahaha panicky speckys losing their cool...wooohahahaha.
    It is not matter of losing cool or sleep. It is a reminder to a person not to be too arrogant.

Unregistered Guest

It is not matter of losing cool or sleep. It is a reminder to a person not to be too arrogant.
    Who is losing sleep? Must be the speculators and flippers. Who else can lose sleep?

Unregistered Guest

Interesting article

Thanks for your info, americans have to pay back what they squandered earlier.

toalertool Guest

Yes true and scary. But the frogs in the well can't see beyond their walls. Pathetic. Pity them. They keep croaking all day long but far away from the ground reality.
    Hi guys,
    Actually it's quite comical to see you guys blast the speculators when subsales only account for less than 10% of all properties sold last year which was the boom year. Don't you realise that the biggest speculators in this whole property boom thing aren't individuals but the giant developers? I guess you guys should spend more effort on criticising their stupidity in purchasing land parcel after land parcel (up till the recent purchase of the Yishun and West coast 99yr LH sites) at prices that make their breakeven costs hard to swallow for even the people who sold their properties enbloc?
    let me give you a few examples:

1) Farrer court dist 10 - estimated breakeven cost $1200-$1300psf with around 1800units
    2) Grange court dist 9 - estimated breakeven cost $2500psf
    3) Fairways dist 4 - estimated breakeven cost $1200psf
    4) Recent West coast site dist 5 - estimated breakeven cost $700psf

yeap the above mentioned are ALL break even cost.. expect the selling prices to be even higher.. hmm property prices crashing? the ones who will get burnt will not just be the individual speculators.. we dont even really need to care about these people who probably dont make up a significant enough number. the issue will probably be with these developers who have probably borrowed heavily from banks to pay out the enbloc purchases. If they die, banks die, if banks die singapore dies.. well well would you want to see that happen? I dont think so unless you are M*sian or something..

Quote Originally Posted by toalertool
    Hi guys,
    Actually it's quite comical to see you guys blast the speculators when subsales only account for less than 10% of all properties sold last year which was the boom year. Don't you realise that the biggest speculators in this whole property boom thing aren't individuals but the giant developers? I guess you guys should spend more effort on criticising their stupidity in purchasing land parcel after land parcel (up till the recent purchase of the Yishun and West coast 99yr LH sites) at prices that make their breakeven costs hard to swallow for even the people who sold their properties enbloc?

1) Farrer court dist 10 - estimated breakeven cost $1200-$1300psf with around 1800units

yeap the above mentioned are ALL break even cost.. expect the selling prices to be even higher.. hmm property prices crashing? the ones who will get burnt will not just be the individual speculators.. we dont even really need to care about these people who probably dont make up a significant enough number. the issue will probably be with these developers who have probably borrowed heavily from banks to pay out the enbloc purchases. If they die, banks die, if banks die singapore dies.. well well would you want to see that happen? I dont think so unless you are M*sian or something..
    Very insightful cost analysis. Your post certainly makes me pause for a ponder...Good post

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: End of property boom in sight?

yaya, dun be too happy yet. wish u bankrupt by the end of the year. let see
    ha ha, not so easy la. My $$$$ can easily crush you like sugar cane juice. Life is just unfair. U will probably continue to be sour grape and I will always be up there crushing you.

Unregistered Guest

Hi guys,

What will be will be. You cant stop it. If one has to die you cant stop it.

Unregistered Guest

ha ha, not so easy la. My $$$$ can easily crush you like sugar cane juice. Life is just unfair. U will probably continue to be sour grape and I will always be up there crushing you.
    Are you a fruit juice seller? No wonder you always think of grapes. Must be in one of the HDB food court.

Unregistered Guest

MONEY U HAV??? OR JUST LIKE WAT U SAY SUGAR CANE HUSK?????? DRIED
    AND OF NO MORE VALUE..................

Unregistered Guest

MONEY U HAV??? OR JUST LIKE WAT U SAY SUGAR CANE HUSK?????? DRIED
    AND OF NO MORE VALUE..................
    How can a poor fruit juice hawker have money. He can only afford dry sugarcane husk and sour grapes.

Unregistered Guest

Are you a fruit juice seller? No wonder you always think of grapes. Must be in one of the HDB food court.
    HE PROBABLY SELLING SUGAR CANE WATER. -OCCUPATIONAL LINGO-

Unregistered Guest

HE PROBABLY SELLING SUGAR CANE WATER. -OCCUPATIONAL LINGO-
    ya, hawker very rich, especially sugar cane water, now jumbo size 2.50.
    sell 1 year can buy house.

Unregistered Guest

Confirmed he sell sugar cane water, got machine some more.

Unregistered Guest

Hi guys,

If u can say GIANT then how can a giant developer be stupid and poor in their bussiness caculation of risks. For them they can hold for years. and for the speculators, if the think is not right to speculate, they throw n run leaving behind ppl who end of the day carry the burden of high px. and if banks die, ppl taking high loan die only. so be careful whether u sporean or others

Unregistered Guest

If u can say GIANT then how can a giant developer be stupid and poor in their bussiness caculation of risks. For them they can hold for years. and for the speculators, if the think is not right to speculate, they throw n run leaving behind ppl who end of the day carry the burden of high px. and if banks die, ppl taking high loan die only. so be careful whether u sporean or others
    Big developer not God. Even company like Bear Stearns can go under so what are you talking about?

HDB Guest

Disclaimer: I am not a sour grape. I cannot afford anything but a HDB flat anyway.

I have always long wondered, if the developers are going to sell the whole of Singapore's condoland to foreigners? Otherwise, how many Singaporeans can afford those prices? If they are going to sell half of Singapore to foreigners, much like China long time ago sold HK for 99 year lease, where will the Singaporeans go?

toalertool Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Very insightful cost analysis. Your post certainly makes me pause for a ponder...Good post
    yeap.. and the projects i listed for the illustration of my point are just a fraction of the land parcels purchased in 2006 and 2007.Close a hundred of such parcels are lying in the land banks of these developers and they won't let these go at a loss. They aren't called the big players for nothing and their influence on the prices of developments isn't something you can just dismiss. Remember which property was at the forefront of this current property bull run? It is no doubt The Sail which kicked off its sales at around 1000psf.. people were scoffing at the prices even as hundreds (probably agents) queued overnight for a unit. They set a benchmark then and this benchmark has been pushed higher and higher even since and there's no turning back for these major developers and there's no turning back for property prices in Singapore. At least not back to the level we had back in 2004 or 2005. After all, you can actually call the recent bull run a "correction" for the market subdued for so many years by 911, SARS and the oil turmoil stemming from the Iraqi war. Property prices stayed at bargain levels even as inflation shot through the roof and it's only right that a correction should come to bring prices back to where it is supposed to be.

Do you think the US subprime crisis can kick prices back to where it was before? Unlikely. It will just remove some of the froth from the property market and let reality set in a little for some. Be prepared to pay more than last time for your homes in a developed country like Singapore.

*Of course, like many of you out there I would love to be able to get a FH condo in Dist 4,5 for my hard earned $700k instead of a 10 year old resale HDB just across the road. But sometimes, things just got to move on. You cant find fishball noodles for $1.50 anymore.

Unregistered Guest

Big developer not God. Even company like Bear Stearns can go under so what are you talking about?
    Bear Stearns is bank. they lend money to ppl like u n me, if u n me never pay, they go under. understand? moreover they never go under, they are eaten by the GIANT matchmake by the FEB. understand?. GIANT Developer like far east, city, F&n, fraser u thik can go under? not until u n i go 1st. understand? if nt dun mislead readers here. thanks