Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: End of property boom in sight?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: End of property boom in sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Didnt you hear that since oil prices shooting up I have caught the bull and keeping it for my bullock cart. Soon have to use it. Hahaha will whip the bull and make it pull the cart.
    Good idea. Remember to put the carcass of the bear in the cart for the bull to pull.

Unregistered Guest

Didnt you hear that since oil prices shooting up I have caught the bull and keeping it for my bullock cart. Soon have to use it. Hahaha will whip the bull and make it pull the cart.
    Good idea. Remember to put the carcass of the bear in the cart for the bull to pull.

Unregistered Guest

I saw many buyers getting really really nervous right now after witnessing the strong rally in the stock market for the last few days . Some smart ones hv acted wisely to negotiate and buy. Some are still confused as influenced by the sour grapes. Pity!

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: End of property boom in sight?

pretty dangerous for those holding and speculating. better to sell and make some profit before everything vapourises. i am off calling my agent to dump the last few units......
    You mean dump your Lego toy units.

Unregistered Guest

I saw many buyers getting really really nervous right now after witnessing the strong rally in the stock market for the last few days . Some smart ones hv acted wisely to negotiate and buy. Some are still confused as influenced by the sour grapes. Pity!
    You market selling fish or chicken or pork????

Unregistered Guest

You market selling fish or chicken or pork????
    Selling sour fruits.

Unregistered Guest

pretty dangerous for those holding and speculating. better to sell and make some profit before everything vapourises. i am off calling my agent to dump the last few units......
    You mean dump your Lego toy units.
    Can't be Lego toy units lah.

How can sour grapes afford to buy Lego toy units?

Didn't you read what I wrote? Sour Grapes = Maids.

The "agent" they are constantly referring to in this forum are "Maid Agents".

Now, not all maids are stupid, mine is quite intelligent. Those posting in this forum are the stupid maids who always hear the wrong things.

Their maid agent told them "Go to market must bring cash".

They heard "The market is going to crash".

Now this stupid maid not only hears things wrongly but types wrongly as well. What she is trying to tell you is that

"it is pretty dangerous to hold on to dumplings because they are hot, with vapours rising out of them. On my off day, I am going to call my maid agent about these dumplings ..."

Unregistered Guest

Bernanke Warns of Possible Recession
    Wednesday April 2, 11:27 am ET
    By Jeannine Aversa, AP Economics Writer

Fed Chief Bernanke Warns Economy May Shrink Over 1st Half 2008 and 'Recession Is Possible'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke warned Wednesday the economy may shrink over the first half of this year and that "a recession is possible." Yet, he didn't offer any assurances of further interest rate cuts.

Bernanke's testimony to the Joint Economic Committee was a much more pessimistic assessment of the economy's immediate prospects amid a trio of crises -- housing, credit and financial.

"It now appears likely that gross domestic product (GDP) will not grow much, if at all, over the first half of 2008 and could even contract slightly," Bernanke told lawmakers. GDP measures the value of all goods and services produced within the United States and is the best barometer of the United States' economic health. Under one rule, six straight months of declining GDP, would constitute a recession.

Still, Bernanke said that he expects more economic growth in the second half of this year and into 2009, helped by the government's $168 billion stimulus package of tax rebates for people and tax breaks for businesses as well as the Fed's aggressive reductions to a key interest rate. Nevertheless, the chairman acknowledged uncertainty about the Fed's next steps, notwithstanding the mounting economic woes.

"Much necessary economic and financial adjustment has already taken place, and monetary and fiscal policies are in train that should support a return to growth in the second half of this year and next year," Bernanke said.

To try to limit the damage, the Federal Reserve has aggressively cut a key interest rate, now at 2.25 percent, to spur buying and investing by individuals and businesses. At the Fed's last meeting in March, however, two members dissented from the Fed's decision to sharply cut rates, showing a rare division in the often unified front the Fed shows the public. The dissenting officials, who had reputations for being extra concerned about inflation, favored a smaller reduction. Although Bernanke said he hopes inflation will moderate in coming quarters, he acknowledged that high energy prices have clouded the inflation outlook.

Many economists had predicted the Fed might drop it key that rate again when it next meets April 29-30, although Bernanke's remarks cast some doubt on that scenario.

On Wall Street, stocks initially dropped after the Fed chief's remarks but later turned slightly positive.

Housing, credit and financial woes are threatening to push the country into a deep recession. The situation has emerged as a top concern for presidential contenders and a hot-button issue for Congress. It has thrust the White House and the Fed in crisis-management mode.

Faced with mounting home foreclosures and job losses, Bernanke has been under immense political and public pressure to provide relief and help turn around a faltering economy.

Committee Chairman Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., peppered Bernanke with questions about the Fed's moves to aid once mighty Wall Street firm Bears Stearns and then juxtaposed that with -- what he believed was a lack of help -- to millions of people at risk of losing their homes.

"I hope that you will use your position to jawbone this administration to get behind the housing relief effort before Congress." Schumer said. "Addressing the housing crisis head-on will do as much to instill confidence in the markets as lowering interest rates or bolstering regulatory oversight of wayward mortgage lenders and financial institutions. We need to do all of it."

"Wall Street has been helped. Now it's time to help Main Street," added Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y.

Many private analysts believe the economy contracted in the first three months of this year, signaling the start of a recession. The government releases first-quarter results later this month. The economy lost jobs in January and February, with many economists bracing for more losses when the report for March is released on Friday. Bernanke said he expected unemployment to move "somewhat higher in coming months."

"Clearly, the U.S. economy is going through a very difficult period," he told lawmakers, adding that all the problems have weighed heavily on consumers whose spending is indispensable to economic vitality.

The Fed also has taken a series of extraordinary steps in recent weeks and months to prop up the nation's financial system, which has been in state of high jeopardy.

In a controversial move, the Fed backed a $29 billion lifeline as part of JP Morgan's deal to take over the troubled Bear Stearns, the nation's fifth largest investment house, which was on the brink of bankruptcy. Bear Stearns had invested heavily in risky mortgage-backed securities that eventually soured with the collapse of the housing market.

Bernanke defended the move. "With financial conditions fragile, the sudden failure of Bear Stearns likely would have led to a chaotic unwinding of positions in those markets and could have severely shaken confidence," he said. "The damage caused by a default by Bear Stearns could have been severe and extremely difficult to contain."

Although the taxpayers are on the hook for the $29 billion, Bernanke said he was "reasonably confident we'll be able to recover the full amount." He also said that Bear Stearns' investments that the Fed took control of "are entirely investment grade."

In addition, the Fed -- in the broadest use of its credit authority since the 1930s -- agreed to temporarily let big investment firms obtain emergency financing from the Fed, a privilege that previously had been granted only to commercial banks.

Those actions have prompted criticism from Democrats and others who contend that the Fed is bailing out Wall Street and putting billions of taxpayers' dollars at potential risk. Bernanke and the Bush administration argued that the actions were warranted to avert a potential meltdown in the entire financial system, something that would have devastating consequences for the overall economy.

Asked about the Bush administration's plan to revamp the country's creaking financial system, Bernanke said it was vital for the Fed to have sufficient enforcement powers. Under the plan, the Fed would become a top cop in charge of financial market stability but would lose its day-to-day supervision of U.S. banks.

Unregistered Guest

Selling sour fruits.
    Beef...the bull is slaughtered

Unregistered Guest

Can't be Lego toy units lah.

How can sour grapes afford to buy Lego toy units?

Didn't you read what I wrote? Sour Grapes = Maids.

The "agent" they are constantly referring to in this forum are "Maid Agents".

Now, not all maids are stupid, mine is quite intelligent. Those posting in this forum are the stupid maids who always hear the wrong things.

Their maid agent told them "Go to market must bring cash".

They heard "The market is going to crash".

Now this stupid maid not only hears things wrongly but types wrongly as well. What she is trying to tell you is that

"it is pretty dangerous to hold on to dumplings because they are hot, with vapours rising out of them. On my off day, I am going to call my maid agent about these dumplings ..."
    Wah this maid agent can also dream about condo.

Unregistered Guest

Beef...the bull is slaughtered
    Bull is slaughtered means going down?

I checked. All up leh?

Do you mean the bear was hunted down?

Unregistered Guest

Fed Chief Bernanke Warns Economy May Shrink Over 1st Half 2008 and 'Recession Is Possible'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke warned Wednesday the economy may shrink over the first half of this year and that "a recession is possible." Yet, he didn't offer any assurances of further interest rate cuts.

Bernanke's testimony to the Joint Economic Committee was a much more pessimistic assessment of the economy's immediate prospects amid a trio of crises -- housing, credit and financial.

"It now appears likely that gross domestic product (GDP) will not grow much, if at all, over the first half of 2008 and could even contract slightly," Bernanke told lawmakers. GDP measures the value of all goods and services produced within the United States and is the best barometer of the United States' economic health. Under one rule, six straight months of declining GDP, would constitute a recession.

Still, Bernanke said that he expects more economic growth in the second half of this year and into 2009, helped by the government's $168 billion stimulus package of tax rebates for people and tax breaks for businesses as well as the Fed's aggressive reductions to a key interest rate. Nevertheless, the chairman acknowledged uncertainty about the Fed's next steps, notwithstanding the mounting economic woes.

"Much necessary economic and financial adjustment has already taken place, and monetary and fiscal policies are in train that should support a return to growth in the second half of this year and next year," Bernanke said.

To try to limit the damage, the Federal Reserve has aggressively cut a key interest rate, now at 2.25 percent, to spur buying and investing by individuals and businesses. At the Fed's last meeting in March, however, two members dissented from the Fed's decision to sharply cut rates, showing a rare division in the often unified front the Fed shows the public. The dissenting officials, who had reputations for being extra concerned about inflation, favored a smaller reduction. Although Bernanke said he hopes inflation will moderate in coming quarters, he acknowledged that high energy prices have clouded the inflation outlook.

Many economists had predicted the Fed might drop it key that rate again when it next meets April 29-30, although Bernanke's remarks cast some doubt on that scenario.

On Wall Street, stocks initially dropped after the Fed chief's remarks but later turned slightly positive.

Housing, credit and financial woes are threatening to push the country into a deep recession. The situation has emerged as a top concern for presidential contenders and a hot-button issue for Congress. It has thrust the White House and the Fed in crisis-management mode.

Faced with mounting home foreclosures and job losses, Bernanke has been under immense political and public pressure to provide relief and help turn around a faltering economy.

Committee Chairman Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., peppered Bernanke with questions about the Fed's moves to aid once mighty Wall Street firm Bears Stearns and then juxtaposed that with -- what he believed was a lack of help -- to millions of people at risk of losing their homes.

"I hope that you will use your position to jawbone this administration to get behind the housing relief effort before Congress." Schumer said. "Addressing the housing crisis head-on will do as much to instill confidence in the markets as lowering interest rates or bolstering regulatory oversight of wayward mortgage lenders and financial institutions. We need to do all of it."

"Wall Street has been helped. Now it's time to help Main Street," added Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y.

Many private analysts believe the economy contracted in the first three months of this year, signaling the start of a recession. The government releases first-quarter results later this month. The economy lost jobs in January and February, with many economists bracing for more losses when the report for March is released on Friday. Bernanke said he expected unemployment to move "somewhat higher in coming months."

"Clearly, the U.S. economy is going through a very difficult period," he told lawmakers, adding that all the problems have weighed heavily on consumers whose spending is indispensable to economic vitality.

The Fed also has taken a series of extraordinary steps in recent weeks and months to prop up the nation's financial system, which has been in state of high jeopardy.

In a controversial move, the Fed backed a $29 billion lifeline as part of JP Morgan's deal to take over the troubled Bear Stearns, the nation's fifth largest investment house, which was on the brink of bankruptcy. Bear Stearns had invested heavily in risky mortgage-backed securities that eventually soured with the collapse of the housing market.

Bernanke defended the move. "With financial conditions fragile, the sudden failure of Bear Stearns likely would have led to a chaotic unwinding of positions in those markets and could have severely shaken confidence," he said. "The damage caused by a default by Bear Stearns could have been severe and extremely difficult to contain."

Although the taxpayers are on the hook for the $29 billion, Bernanke said he was "reasonably confident we'll be able to recover the full amount." He also said that Bear Stearns' investments that the Fed took control of "are entirely investment grade."

In addition, the Fed -- in the broadest use of its credit authority since the 1930s -- agreed to temporarily let big investment firms obtain emergency financing from the Fed, a privilege that previously had been granted only to commercial banks.

Those actions have prompted criticism from Democrats and others who contend that the Fed is bailing out Wall Street and putting billions of taxpayers' dollars at potential risk. Bernanke and the Bush administration argued that the actions were warranted to avert a potential meltdown in the entire financial system, something that would have devastating consequences for the overall economy.

Asked about the Bush administration's plan to revamp the country's creaking financial system, Bernanke said it was vital for the Fed to have sufficient enforcement powers. Under the plan, the Fed would become a top cop in charge of financial market stability but would lose its day-to-day supervision of U.S. banks.
    Wah finally the Fed uses the dreaded R word

Unregistered Guest

oh my god good days coming for beef eaters. bulls going to be slaughtered right left and centre!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

OH YES BROTHER. THEY WERE LIKE SOME ON THIS FORUM SO FAR. FINALLY HAD TO ADMIT THAT THE GAME IS OVER. ALL THE CUTS, BAIL OUTS CANNOT PREVENT THE BIG RECESSION.

Unregistered Guest

oh my god good days coming for beef eaters. bulls going to be slaughtered right left and centre!!!!!!
    Don't come and bullshit us.
    He never use the R word.

That's why the US and the Europe markets are up.

The word is up - not R.
    Got it?

Unregistered Guest

OH YES BROTHER. THEY WERE LIKE SOME ON THIS FORUM SO FAR. FINALLY HAD TO ADMIT THAT THE GAME IS OVER. ALL THE CUTS, BAIL OUTS CANNOT PREVENT THE BIG RECESSION.
    Maddog/tigersee, replying to your own posting again?
    Don't bullshit us. He never use the R word.

That's why the US and the Europe markets are up.

The word is up - not R.
    Remember that!

Unregistered Guest

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Unregistered Guest

wah FED penalising tax payers to bail out speculators. what a strategy.

Unregistered Guest

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Market is RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRising!

Unregistered Guest

wah FED penalising tax payers to bail out speculators. what a strategy.
    Oh ready? That's just great! Fantastic!

Unregistered Guest

Market is RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRising!
    Oh ready? Market is rising? Good! Keep it up!

Unregistered Guest

Oh ready? Market is rising? Good! Keep it up!
    Yes the bull gasping for breath. Going to collapse.

Unregistered Guest

THE END. BULLS DEAD AND BURIED

Unregistered Guest

Collapse? You have very bad eyesight. Told you to take care of your eyes. It is still rising.

Unregistered Guest

THE END. BULLS DEAD AND BURIED
    Dun tok cock here. Just checked index. All markets are rising. You are the only one that is dead.

Unregistered Guest

Factory Orders Drop Double What Expected
    Wednesday April 2, 10:53 am ET
    By Martin Crutsinger, AP Economics Writer

Factory Orders Fall for Second Straight Month, Raising Recession Risks

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Orders to U.S. factories fell for a second straight month, a worse-than-expected performance that reinforced worries that the risk of recession is rising.
    The Commerce Department reported Wednesday that factory orders dropped by 1.3 percent in February, about double the downturn that economists had been expecting. Orders had fallen an even bigger 2.3 percent in January, the largest decline in five months.

The falloff in demand was widespread, with steep declines in orders for motor vehicles, various types of heavy machinery and demand for iron and steel.

Many economists believe a prolonged housing slowdown and credit crunch have already pushed the country into a recession. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, testifying before the Joint Economic Committee on Wednesday, said that the economy could shrink over the first half of this year, his most pessimistic assessment to date.

"It now appears likely that gross domestic product will not grow much, if at all, over the first half of 2008 and could even contract slightly," Bernanke told lawmakers. Under one rule, six straight months of declining GDP would constitute a recession.

Bernanke said he still expected economic growth to strengthen in the second half of the year but he said, "In light of the recent turbulence in financial markets, the uncertainty attending this forecast is quite high and the risks remain to the downside."

The report on factory orders showed demand falling by 1.1 percent for durable goods, items expected to last at least three years, while orders for non-durable goods, products such as oil and chemicals, fell by 1.5 percent.

The weakness in manufacturing occurred even though orders for commercial airplanes rose by 5.1 percent in February, rebounding from a big decline in January. Orders for motor vehicles fell by 2 percent in February after no gain in January. Automakers are struggling with weak demand in the face of soaring gasoline prices.

Overall, orders for transportation products posted a 1.8 percent rise in February as the strength in commercial and defense aircraft orders as well as higher demand for ships and boats offset the drop in motor vehicles.

Orders for heavy machinery plunged by 12.3 percent in February, the biggest decline since January 2004, while orders for iron and steel fell by 2.3 percent.

Unregistered Guest

Collapse? You have very bad eyesight. Told you to take care of your eyes. It is still rising.
    Yes, you are right.
    In fact all the indices in the US and Europe are all rising. That guy has bad eyesight and foresight.

Unregistered Guest

Yes, you are right.
    In fact all the indices in the US and Europe are all rising. That guy has bad eyesight and foresight.
    Oh I can see the Dow at 10000. Dont tell me you havent been warned.

Unregistered Guest

Oh I can see the Dow at 10000. Dont tell me you havent been warned.
    Oh I can see the Dow at 20000. Dont tell me you havent been warned.

Unregistered Guest

YOu mean people buy house like buying stocks? Shares up few days buy..shares down next week , sell! ha... you are a joke man..!