Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blu Coral - D15, Telok Kurau Lorong L (FreeHold)

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    I can't help it cos just witnessed some poking actions the other day at a public swimming pool washroom...hope its not u...may i remind u and ur partner to keep these actions within your small studio space next time?

Now tats y I choose to buy small devts with small private pools. :-)
    Err ... What were you doing at a Public Swimming pool in the first place? Thought you preferred the exclusivity of a small private pool?

Please small man with small budget, don't post any more as you're seriously undermining your credibility.

Just a thought - you probably call yourself Sniper cos you're loaded with a small bullet ...

Unregistered123 Guest

Overrule your rule! Now tell me which is more liveable? For the same amount of $, to squeeze and breathe in a studio apt (600 sq ft @ 2000 psf) within the prime district or to stay in a 3 bedroom apt (1500 sq ft @ 800 psf) in Telok Kurau?

Rule 0 before 1 in property investment - How much dough do u hv!
    That rule is only applicable to you because of your budget size!

Based on your logic, might as well stay in JB. Bigger houses for a much cheaper price. Perfect for you!

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Err ... What were you doing at a Public Swimming pool in the first place? Thought you preferred the exclusivity of a small private pool?

Please small man with small budget, don't post any more as you're seriously undermining your credibility.

Just a thought - you probably call yourself Sniper cos you're loaded with a small bullet ...
    Bec of disgusting faggots like u, I have since stopped patronising public swimming pools and decide to go for small devts with exclusive private pool in Telok Kurau.

My name is Sniper, yes, I have small bullets better than u lose all your bullets in another faggot's hole.

Unregistered123 Guest

Now u r making no sense, comparing the same type of property but in different locations, exclusivity is the same. U still get the same number of users for the private pool. River Valley is definitely more expensive but that does not make it more exclusive. It is the project that makes it exclusive, not the location. U should check ur dictionary the definition of exclusive. Damn, why am I wasting time educating a kid on school holiday????
    Wow ... Judging by you command of English, I'm impressed you could even spell the word dictionary (opps sorry - there is a spell checker). Haha.

Please go to dictionary.com and look at the definition yourself. If a property is defined as exclusive, it means that it is expensive and thus, you have fewer people that can really afford it. Now it is common sense (something you seem to lack off, quite a lot actually), that most of the properties are priced based on their location or their proximity to the prime areas. So there is no way, that a project in TK can be compared to be more exclusive than a project in prime location.

And another thing, don't assume what you don't know. It just makes you look even more stupid.

Sniper Guest

That rule is only applicable to you because of your budget size!

Based on your logic, might as well stay in JB. Bigger houses for a much cheaper price. Perfect for you!
    Based on your stubborness, since u like to be in prime district so much and cannot afford it, u can build a tent in Fort Canning Park and claim it as your dream home, it's free somemore...

Unregistered666 Guest

Bec of disgusting faggots like u, I have since stopped patronising public swimming pools and decide to go for small devts with exclusive private pool in Telok Kurau.

My name is Sniper, yes, I have small bullets better than u lose all your bullets in another faggot's hole.
    don't call your father a faggot la. it's not nice la. He only brought you to the public swimming pool because he cares for you. Now you so angry, swim in longkang

Unregistered666 Guest

Based on your stubborness, since u like to be in prime district so much and cannot afford it, u can build a tent in Fort Canning Park and claim it as your dream home, it's free somemore...
    well at least he don't stay in a tent in TK next to a longkang. talk so big but bullet so small!

Sniper Guest

Wow ... Judging by you command of English, I'm impressed you could even spell the word dictionary (opps sorry - there is a spell checker). Haha.

Please go to dictionary.com and look at the definition yourself. If a property is defined as exclusive, it means that it is expensive and thus, you have fewer people that can really afford it. Now it is common sense (something you seem to lack off, quite a lot actually), that most of the properties are priced based on their location or their proximity to the prime areas. So there is no way, that a project in TK can be compared to be more exclusive than a project in prime location.

And another thing, don't assume what you don't know. It just makes you look even more stupid.
    Expensive and Exclusive are two separate words and have two separate meanings. When u paid for something expensive, it only shows that you have become a vegetable head and kena chopped by the seller especially when another person can buy the same thing elsewhere at much cheaper price. It is the same thing - how more exclusive can you be?

Ok lah, let u win lah, u are the most clever person here, those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are all very stupid. Really wish the school holidays will be over soon....

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered666
    don't call your father a faggot la. it's not nice la. He only brought you to the public swimming pool because he cares for you. Now you so angry, swim in longkang
    U must be the faggot partner of Unregistered123....sorry to have exposed both ur identities here. When the school holidays are over, u faggots can continue ur "business" in the campus.

No wonder so many investors are eyeing on private properties in small devts cos too many faggots on school holidays nowadays..

Unregistered123 Guest

Expensive and Exclusive are two separate words and have two separate meanings. When u paid for something expensive, it only shows that you have become a vegetable head and kena chopped by the seller especially when another person can buy the same thing elsewhere at much cheaper price. It is the same thing - how more exclusive can you be?

Ok lah, let u win lah, u are the most clever person here, those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are all very stupid. Really wish the school holidays will be over soon....
    how can you sit there and try to defend your missing intellect is beyond us! So in you own words, TK is cheap, TK is non-eclusive, TK is like pasar malam where you get imitations of designer goods. Good for you then and when school does open try to enroll in it. You are in dire need of an education!

Oh and i never said that those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are stupid. i only said that you are stupid.

Unregistered123 Guest

U must be the faggot partner of Unregistered123....sorry to have exposed both ur identities here. When the school holidays are over, u faggots can continue ur "business" in the campus.

No wonder so many investors are eyeing on private properties in small devts cos too many faggots on school holidays nowadays..
    This whole posts just shows your level of maturity. Let's hope school will do you some good! and hey, look on the bright side .. you get too meet faggots there too!

East Lover Guest

Gentlemen,

Could we remain focus on the topic and discussion please instead of resorting to names caling. Do it, if you insist, at another forum.

Ah Q Guest

I'm not sure what you're getting at. We're talking about potential of Telok Kurau vs other areas and suddenly you mention the size of Telok Kurau housing is bigger than other areas? It just looks like you ran out of things to say and say Telok kurau is far from town, no amenities, no facilities, no design condo, but nevermind, my house is bigger? So Ah Q! There are big houses everywhere! Some HDB might be even bigger than your Telok Kurau apartments. And lots of people have cars but people nearer town just gets to town faster lah.

U think folks staying in Telok Kurau care to take bus or MRT? If u can afford private property but end up with no car to drive, yes, u r jolly well better staying in HDB. Likewise, wat's the point of staying in a prime district and take MRT/bus to work everyday? Worst still, u are squeezing and breathing within a space constrained studio apt or 1+1 bedrm unit and the opportunity for u to stretch urself is the large swimming pool it provides. Think abt it, why are u paying so much more for the large pool and facilities where u hardly spend more than 2 hours a day when u should be more concerned abt the size of ur unit where u rest and sleep in?

No TK for Me! Guest

Another consideration is Telok Kurau is near Joo Chiat - the #2 red light district in Joo Chiat. Just like Geylang, the red light district tend to expand overtime to nearby areas as well. Demand for vices is high in this area and that's y the pimps all congregate there. Houses near redlight district also has lower appreciation potential since some parents do not like their children to grow up with so much sexual activities in the backyard. Also, the shopping mall there is famous for glue-sniffing kids. It is the official #2 vice area in Singapore. Such vices are hard to eradicade as there is clearly a strong demand for such illicit activities in the Joo Chiat vicinity. The land area for these condos are very small, which means in an enbloc (if it ever happens again), residents will not get much from the common areas, which is significant in larger development (just look a Farrer Park - sellers got a lot due to the large common area). I understand the new launches in TK are tempting because they are probably the cheapest new launch in Singapore, but potential buyers have to take all these into consideration when making the purchase

TK for me Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No TK for Me!
    Another consideration is Telok Kurau is near Joo Chiat - the #2 red light district in Joo Chiat. Just like Geylang, the red light district tend to expand overtime to nearby areas as well. Demand for vices is high in this area and that's y the pimps all congregate there. Houses near redlight district also has lower appreciation potential since some parents do not like their children to grow up with so much sexual activities in the backyard. Also, the shopping mall there is famous for glue-sniffing kids. It is the official #2 vice area in Singapore. Such vices are hard to eradicade as there is clearly a strong demand for such illicit activities in the Joo Chiat vicinity. The land area for these condos are very small, which means in an enbloc (if it ever happens again), residents will not get much from the common areas, which is significant in larger development (just look a Farrer Park - sellers got a lot due to the large common area). I understand the new launches in TK are tempting because they are probably the cheapest new launch in Singapore, but potential buyers have to take all these into consideration when making the purchase
    I strongly disgress the above. The privity between Joo Chiat and TK is quite a distance and too remote. Look at Comso. It's sold out at preview stage despite at the backyard of the infamous Geylang.

Sniper Guest

how can you sit there and try to defend your missing intellect is beyond us! So in you own words, TK is cheap, TK is non-eclusive, TK is like pasar malam where you get imitations of designer goods. Good for you then and when school does open try to enroll in it. You are in dire need of an education!

Oh and i never said that those who bought private properties in non-prime locations are stupid. i only said that you are stupid.
    Ain't got no time to educate school kids, day dreamers and faggots. Please continue to stay in your little tent in Fort Canning park and have poking fun with your faggot daddy. :-X

Easterner Guest

Folks, take a moment to read last weekend's ST (Sunday i think). One column reviewed Joo Chiat and its progress over the past 2 yrs. Overhaul ongoing, with vices clamped down greatly. Eg. 38 massage parlors (2005) to 3 parlors today i think. And several new shops (artsy types too) and restaurants hv chosen to set up shop in Joo Chiat, recognizing its potential. Bigger plan is to keep Joo Chiat as a cultural, heritage area.

And i think its a bit far fetched to link TK closely with JC like that, in any case. Parkway/Marine parade also not far from JC, but it's not likened in tat manner?

Unregistered123 Guest

Ain't got no time to educate school kids, day dreamers and faggots. Please continue to stay in your little tent in Fort Canning park and have poking fun with your faggot daddy. :-X
    sigh ... if that comment makes you feel big and adequate so be it ... we're all not going DOWN to your level ...

Unregistered11111 Guest

They interview the "save joo chiat" committee. of course he say the clamp down successful lah! also, the fact they got to form such a committee means the situation is getting out of hand. the last count was like 15 parlours. also, trying too hard to get "cool" people there isn't too cool. most of the time, cool places evolve quite spontaneously, just like massage parlours spring up sponteneously. when there is demand, there is supply. u get cool shops there but no demand, they will be replaced by massage parlours soon too. it's the dynamics of the area that will determine what shops come spontaneously. just like geylang lor 40 used to be quite far from the "activities", now the activities has moved like 30 lanes down to lor 40! so there is a possibility that the activities in joo chiat will move down to telok kurau. it's a risk u need to consider lor. but there r more wholesome areas in singapore....

Quote Originally Posted by Easterner
    Folks, take a moment to read last weekend's ST (Sunday i think). One column reviewed Joo Chiat and its progress over the past 2 yrs. Overhaul ongoing, with vices clamped down greatly. Eg. 38 massage parlors (2005) to 3 parlors today i think. And several new shops (artsy types too) and restaurants hv chosen to set up shop in Joo Chiat, recognizing its potential. Bigger plan is to keep Joo Chiat as a cultural, heritage area.

And i think its a bit far fetched to link TK closely with JC like that, in any case. Parkway/Marine parade also not far from JC, but it's not likened in tat manner?

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Q
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. We're talking about potential of Telok Kurau vs other areas and suddenly you mention the size of Telok Kurau housing is bigger than other areas? It just looks like you ran out of things to say and say Telok kurau is far from town, no amenities, no facilities, no design condo, but nevermind, my house is bigger? So Ah Q! There are big houses everywhere! Some HDB might be even bigger than your Telok Kurau apartments. And lots of people have cars but people nearer town just gets to town faster lah.
    Very true .. in fact most TK 3 bedders are about 1000 sq ft which I consider rather small as compared with other condos even those in Prime Areas. This is strange to me as I expect that houses further from the prime districts would have larger units.

Unregistered22222222 Guest

Very true .. in fact most TK 3 bedders are about 1000 sq ft which I consider rather small as compared with other condos even those in Prime Areas. This is strange to me as I expect that houses further from the prime districts would have larger units.
    There are also bigger units at 1400 and above at TK lah....

East Lover Guest

Well, according to your theory, joo chiat can also expand towards Geylang as well to form a great red light belt or like Eastern said, towards parkway parade....

The main reason for joo chiat's problem is its many shophouses... which TK, for good or bad, lacks and therefore no possibility of the "raise of the red".

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered11111
    They interview the "save joo chiat" committee. of course he say the clamp down successful lah! also, the fact they got to form such a committee means the situation is getting out of hand. the last count was like 15 parlours. also, trying too hard to get "cool" people there isn't too cool. most of the time, cool places evolve quite spontaneously, just like massage parlours spring up sponteneously. when there is demand, there is supply. u get cool shops there but no demand, they will be replaced by massage parlours soon too. it's the dynamics of the area that will determine what shops come spontaneously. just like geylang lor 40 used to be quite far from the "activities", now the activities has moved like 30 lanes down to lor 40! so there is a possibility that the activities in joo chiat will move down to telok kurau. it's a risk u need to consider lor. but there r more wholesome areas in singapore....

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered22222222
    There are also bigger units at 1400 and above at TK lah....
    I meant in general. The bigger units are not that many and they're normally the penthouse units which means that a lot of space is wasted for the rooftop balcony. Wasted only because the live-in areas are compromised as a result.

Unregistered1233 Guest

I meant in general. The bigger units are not that many and they're normally the penthouse units which means that a lot of space is wasted for the rooftop balcony. Wasted only because the live-in areas are compromised as a result.
    Nowadays, most of the new launches r designed to have a very small living area. Small bedrooms(can hardly fit in a queen size bed), cannot put a big 4 seater sofa in the living etc..Developers build bigger balconies to have a higher profit margin....but they will claim balconies to be having a lifestyle concept...In Sg, it often rains and the sun is scorching hot...i really wonder who will really spend time at their balconies...mabe become a clothes drying area since yards r getting smaller and some design do not even has one.

Unregistered0101 Guest

That is to keep the absolute amount low for its target market. E.g. Treeline 1000x$580psf = $580k for a 3 bedder - still affordable for the masses and HDB upgrader. I think 3 bedder should be at least 1200 sq ft to be reasonably comfortable. As for balconies that face a road, I can give it a miss. Every time when it rains got to spend hours cleaning. Such a nightmare!

Easterner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered11111
    Going by factual figures is the most objective measurement, can't be overnight overhaul but I believe they are moving the needle. And from business point of view, i don't think biz owners will set up shop if it was red light area or no potential, risking their investment like that. Would you set up such kind of biz in Geylang?? Anyway, time will tell. Am not totally ruling out that things may not always go as planned, such is life.

737 Guest

in every location, there are projects with big and small layouts.. depending basically on which taget markets the developers aim to cater to, what budget range, what were the in-trends at point of project launch (which generation construction)...

also in prime areas, doesnt mean there's no red light activities.. but they're termed social escorts, "higher class", "more expensive" hence "more exclusive".. like globalisation, they're fairly fluid/mobile too..

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 737
    in every location, there are projects with big and small layouts.. depending basically on which taget markets the developers aim to cater to, what budget range, what were the in-trends at point of project launch (which generation construction)...

also in prime areas, doesnt mean there's no red light activities.. but they're termed social escorts, "higher class", "more expensive" hence "more exclusive".. like globalisation, they're fairly fluid/mobile too..
    I agree but what i'm actually trying to point out is that there is an increasing trend of smaller units being developed in TK area whereby in the prime areas, it is expected as affordability would be a greater concern for bigger size units.

Frankly, last year I was shopping around for a 4 bedder in TK and there were none I could find and even the penthouses for a few of them were 3 bedders with a live in area of about 1100 sq ft. Price wasn't too cheap as well.

There is no denying about red light activities in prime areas (Orchard Towers) but you have to admit, they attract a different type of crowd as compared to the Geylang Lorongs. And in my opinion, it's the type of crowd that determine the status of the area.

Unregister Guest

There is no denying about red light activities in prime areas (Orchard Towers) but you have to admit, they attract a different type of crowd as compared to the Geylang Lorongs. And in my opinion, it's the type of crowd that determine the status of the area.
    It's funny... how different can they be since they are all looking for the same things... please don't try to separate them by skin colour....

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregister
    It's funny... how different can they be since they are all looking for the same things... please don't try to separate them by skin colour....
    well u look for a house at TK and I look for house at Nassim. Now, are we the same then? Just an example only ... no skin attached!