Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blu Coral - D15, Telok Kurau Lorong L (FreeHold)

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate
    I believe different stroke for different folk...

For eg. when u gets richer, u will start to think differently...

Some very rich ppl may regard exclusivity to bungalows with pte pool etc that comes along with a prestigious address and estate.

Just go according to ur budget and needs. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...Do not expect everyone else to fancy your wife too? Just a joke..hehe~
    Well said ! agree !!

Unregistered2 Guest

I believe different stroke for different folk...

For eg. when u gets richer, u will start to think differently...

Some very rich ppl may regard exclusivity to bungalows with pte pool etc that comes along with a prestigious address and estate.

Just go according to ur budget and needs. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...Do not expect everyone else to fancy your wife too? Just a joke..hehe~
    my point exactly ... exclusivity is normally associated with location first and then project. If Blu Coral was in Nassim Road, you'd expect the project would command a higher price as well as different caliber of suitors.

Yes, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but if you're thinking of seeing your investments (in this case property) grow rapidly, then you need a lot of 'beholders' for your investments ... in the case of a small apartment in Telok Kurau, yes it can be for home stay (I don't see any issues with that) but in terms of investing in it, I'll look elsewhere.

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    my point exactly ... exclusivity is normally associated with location first and then project. If Blu Coral was in Nassim Road, you'd expect the project would command a higher price as well as different caliber of suitors.

Yes, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but if you're thinking of seeing your investments (in this case property) grow rapidly, then you need a lot of 'beholders' for your investments ... in the case of a small apartment in Telok Kurau, yes it can be for home stay (I don't see any issues with that) but in terms of investing in it, I'll look elsewhere.
    I sort of agree with u that telok kurau area is not a gd place for investment. For eg, first few projects like 'the treeline' was launched at around 600-650psf during Aug06 and recently most new launches in that area fetch about 850-950psf..so in terms of capital appreciation is about 40%..The unit i bot at JLB residences...developer's initial launch is around 600psf and I bot it ard 750psf...around 25% appreciation(worst than telok kurau area)...Most properties in D9,10,11 have almost doubled in value for the past 2 yrs. Dont forget upcoming D8...hehe

I think we can factor in growth history to determine whether it is a grade A or F invesment..

However, mass market is still appreciating gradually in prices whereas prime properties are under correction right now....

many new project coming up here?

ER Guest

I sort of agree with u that telok kurau area is not a gd place for investment. For eg, first few projects like 'the treeline' was launched at around 600-650psf during Aug06 and recently most new launches in that area fetch about 850-950psf..so in terms of capital appreciation is about 40%..The unit i bot at JLB residences...developer's initial launch is around 600psf and I bot it ard 750psf...around 25% appreciation(worst than telok kurau area)...Most properties in D9,10,11 have almost doubled in value for the past 2 yrs. Dont forget upcoming D8...hehe

I think we can factor in growth history to determine whether it is a grade A or F invesment..

However, mass market is still appreciating gradually in prices whereas prime properties are under correction right now....
    Most of the buyers at Telok Kurau are for staying lah.

Having said that, people have to remember that you need more capital to venture into the prime district to invest, while the appreciation maybe higher, in any crisis, these same areas are the one to be affected.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    Most of the buyers at Telok Kurau are for staying lah.

Having said that, people have to remember that you need more capital to venture into the prime district to invest, while the appreciation maybe higher, in any crisis, these same areas are the one to be affected.
    Not true ... If i remember correctly, during the last crisis, prime properties did not depreciate as much as mass market ...

i do agree that telok kura is more for own staying then investing

Joker Guest

problem is as mentioned in the above posts, for small developments, all u need is a few people to completely fill the pool ... so in essence with your argument, the public swimming pool is much better ...
    Yes, public swimming pools have perverts starring at you while you swim/bathe...

Sniper Guest

... and exclusivity is normally defined by location not by project ...

just my 2 cents
    Sorry, dun get ur definition here. How would exclusivity be linked with location? U mean if I own a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio cannot be more exclusive than a public swimming pool in River Valley?

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joker
    Yes, public swimming pools have perverts starring at you while you swim/bathe...
    well at least they stare .. with smaller pools due to space constraint .. much easier for them to grope at you ... i have a feeling you like that don't you?

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Sorry, dun get ur definition here. How would exclusivity be linked with location? U mean if I own a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio cannot be more exclusive than a public swimming pool in River Valley?
    I believe he is talking about properties in general while you are just making stupid and irrelevant comparisons!

if you compare a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio and a cluster terrace with a private pool in River Valley, which do you think would be considered more exclusive and expensive?

sigh ....

Cheap condo Guest

If swimming pool only 1m wide and 20m long, what's the point? Just go dip issit? I saw one in Telok Kurau with 2 kids in the pool and already crowded! At max can take 2 kids and then full house already.

Telok Kurau is cheap, but for good reason - squeeze 80 units in small bungalow land - cannot imagine how cramped it is. Non-existent facilities is also another reason for the cheapness. In fact, staying in such condos is like staying in HDB! Need to go use public pool and public tennis court! No wonder you keep mentioning HDB because the "condo" feels like one.

I personally prefer small developments as the facilities are more exclusive. If choose big developments like those 100 units and above, though you pay lower maint fee, but need to "compete" with the crowd for the pool => might as well stay in HDB and go public swimming pool

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    well at least they stare .. with smaller pools due to space constraint .. much easier for them to grope at you ... i have a feeling you like that don't you?
    This is totally uncalled for.

Having a pool at your backyard , no matter how small, is still a luxury.

Sniper Guest

I believe he is talking about properties in general while you are just making stupid and irrelevant comparisons!

if you compare a cluster terrace with a private pool in Ang Mo Kio and a cluster terrace with a private pool in River Valley, which do you think would be considered more exclusive and expensive?

sigh ....
    Eh, u are the idiot who did not understand the original statement of the starter. Exclusivity is linked to project more than location. Bigger Sighhhhh....

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap condo
    If swimming pool only 1m wide and 20m long, what's the point? Just go dip issit? I saw one in Telok Kurau with 2 kids in the pool and already crowded! At max can take 2 kids and then full house already.

Telok Kurau is cheap, but for good reason - squeeze 80 units in small bungalow land - cannot imagine how cramped it is. Non-existent facilities is also another reason for the cheapness. In fact, staying in such condos is like staying in HDB! Need to go use public pool and public tennis court! No wonder you keep mentioning HDB because the "condo" feels like one.
    Well, u can choose to stay in large development condos which are cheap too for goodness sake (for instance, Kovan Melody) and enjoy queueing and squeezing with a massive crowd of swimmers which in other words no difference from a public swimming pool or choose to stay in small exclusive developments like Telok Kurau, and enjoy soaking in a small pool and chill out with a drink. You choice, your money....

Sniper Guest

Nah, I think you preferred to expose yourself in a public swimming pool and have fun being poked at a corner of the washroom :-)

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    This is totally uncalled for.

Having a pool at your backyard , no matter how small, is still a luxury.
    You're not getting the gist of the argument here .. don't be so dim-witted. Understand why the comment was made in first place before shooting off.

Unregistered123 Guest

Eh, u are the idiot who did not understand the original statement of the starter. Exclusivity is linked to project more than location. Bigger Sighhhhh....
    Haha ... if you only knew who the starter was. Please don't make yourself look like a REAL idiot and make daft observations. We're actually laughing at your comments as undeniably you're making no sense.

Rule 1 in property investments - It's all about location!

Unregistered123 Guest

Nah, I think you preferred to expose yourself in a public swimming pool and have fun being poked at a corner of the washroom :-)

Nice one ... but please don't bring your experiences and fantasies to this forum. Thank you.

Unregistered123 Guest

Well, u can choose to stay in large development condos which are cheap too for goodness sake (for instance, Kovan Melody) and enjoy queueing and squeezing with a massive crowd of swimmers which in other words no difference from a public swimming pool or choose to stay in small exclusive developments like Telok Kurau, and enjoy soaking in a small pool and chill out with a drink. You choice, your money....
    It's cheaper not because of the project itself but location. Try to explain to me why larger projects like Cote D'Azur is valued more than small developments in TK?

many lousy investors here Guest

Agreed! Put a run down walk up condo without elevator on St Thomas Walk or Oxley and it is worth $1600 psf now that en bloc has died.

The same run down condo in Telok Kurau maybe worth $700 psf.

You put an attap house on Grange Road and it is worth a lot more than the same attap house in Buangkok.

It is the location and the land that the property is sitting on, STUPID!

Peace Guest

Different stroke for different folk!

Rule No.1 for buying a property be it self stay/investment:

Do you financial budgeting!

Sniper Guest

Nice one ... but please don't bring your experiences and fantasies to this forum. Thank you.
    I can't help it cos just witnessed some poking actions the other day at a public swimming pool washroom...hope its not u...may i remind u and ur partner to keep these actions within your small studio space next time?

Now tats y I choose to buy small devts with small private pools. :-)

Sniper Guest

Haha ... if you only knew who the starter was. Please don't make yourself look like a REAL idiot and make daft observations. We're actually laughing at your comments as undeniably you're making no sense.

Overrule your rule! Now tell me which is more liveable? For the same amount of $, to squeeze and breathe in a studio apt (600 sq ft @ 2000 psf) within the prime district or to stay in a 3 bedroom apt (1500 sq ft @ 800 psf) in Telok Kurau?

Rule 0 before 1 in property investment - How much dough do u hv!

Life matters Guest

In my mind, I go for (i) Prime locations with so-so facilities since land is expensive (ii) Suburbs with lots of space and good facilities. So Telok Kurau appears to be inconvenient, poor location and no facilities. So if you want to give swimming classes or tennis lessons to your kids, you would have to go to share public pools and tennis courts which is a nightmare. The swimming pools in larger developments tend to be largely underutilised - only the ang mohs always suntan around the pools. It's nowhere near the situation in public pools. But for a small pond, once you see 3 person inside, which is quite high probability, you can't use it anymore. In any case, you just can't swim in it, unless you're the inactive sort. But of course buy within your budget - but staying in a place that is both inconvenient and provide no facilities could be worse off than staying in a HDB. At least some HDB are more convenient. Don't stay in a private address just because you want a private address in your IC. At the end of the day, ask yourself how it can improve your quality of life.

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by many lousy investors here
    Agreed! Put a run down walk up condo without elevator on St Thomas Walk or Oxley and it is worth $1600 psf now that en bloc has died.

The same run down condo in Telok Kurau maybe worth $700 psf.

You put an attap house on Grange Road and it is worth a lot more than the same attap house in Buangkok.

It is the location and the land that the property is sitting on, STUPID!
    For the same amount of $, wld u buy an attap house along Grange Road vs a Bungalow in Telor Kurau? Please lah, u can talk as big as u want, but I pity u that u can't even afford a private property, tats y u r here speaking of sour grapes when u dun even get to eat the grape seeds. Pls go back to ur HDB flat and count the notes hidding under ur pillow before u come and comment on folks here being lousy investors.

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Life matters
    In my mind, I go for (i) Prime locations with so-so facilities since land is expensive (ii) Suburbs with lots of space and good facilities. So Telok Kurau appears to be inconvenient, poor location and no facilities. So if you want to give swimming classes or tennis lessons to your kids, you would have to go to share public pools and tennis courts which is a nightmare. The swimming pools in larger developments tend to be largely underutilised - only the ang mohs always suntan around the pools. It's nowhere near the situation in public pools. But for a small pond, once you see 3 person inside, which is quite high probability, you can't use it anymore. In any case, you just can't swim in it, unless you're the inactive sort. But of course buy within your budget - but staying in a place that is both inconvenient and provide no facilities could be worse off than staying in a HDB. At least some HDB are more convenient. Don't stay in a private address just because you want a private address in your IC. At the end of the day, ask yourself how it can improve your quality of life.
    U think folks staying in Telok Kurau care to take bus or MRT? If u can afford private property but end up with no car to drive, yes, u r jolly well better staying in HDB. Likewise, wat's the point of staying in a prime district and take MRT/bus to work everyday? Worst still, u are squeezing and breathing within a space constrained studio apt or 1+1 bedrm unit and the opportunity for u to stretch urself is the large swimming pool it provides. Think abt it, why are u paying so much more for the large pool and facilities where u hardly spend more than 2 hours a day when u should be more concerned abt the size of ur unit where u rest and sleep in?

Sniper Guest

sigh ....
    Now u r making no sense, comparing the same type of property but in different locations, exclusivity is the same. U still get the same number of users for the private pool. River Valley is definitely more expensive but that does not make it more exclusive. It is the project that makes it exclusive, not the location. U should check ur dictionary the definition of exclusive. Damn, why am I wasting time educating a kid on school holiday????

Sniper Guest

Not true ... If i remember correctly, during the last crisis, prime properties did not depreciate as much as mass market ...
    Ur memory doesn't fail u but ur maths and common sense did. What is the downside of a 2000psf prime property vs a 800psf telok kurau property when market swings down 40%?

taylorMaking Guest

dont quarrel liao... like me best ah, play golf loh, who cares have swimming pool/ tennis course or not... just take the golf bag and happily go golfing~~~