Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore trims H2 2014 private housing supply

Default Singapore trims H2 2014 private housing supply

THE government will offer land for 3,900 private residential units (including 1,500 EC or executive condominium units) through the confirmed list under the second half 2014 Government Land Sales (GLS) programme.

This is lower than the land for 4,630 private homes (including 2,165 ECs) released on the confirmed list of the H1 2014 GLS programme.

The Ministry of National Development will also offer land for 159,000 square metres gross floor area (GFA) of commercial space in the H2 confirmed list, which will be higher than the 5,000 sq m GFA supply in the current H1 slate.

On the reserve list, where sites are launched only upon successful application by a developer, MND will offer land for about 6,300 private homes and 193,000 sq m GFA of commercial space. This compares with supply of 6,955 private homes and 188,340 sq m commercial space in the H1 2014 reserve list.

A commercial and residential site at Holland Road will be placed on the confirmed list as part of the Holland Village Extension Plan unveiled in the Master Plan 2014. The sale of the site will further enhance the existing urban village character of the area. It will provide new housing options within a mixed use development that is well connected via pedestrian linkages to surrounding transport nodes and public spaces.

MND also said it will be releasing a commercial site at Paya Lebar Road for sale on the confirmed list of the H2 2014 GLS programme. The 3.98 ha site at Paya Lebar Road comprises a commercial site that was on the H1 2014 reserve list and another plot of land immediately south of Paya Lebar East-West Line MRT Station. "The two plots of land will be connected via a subterranean space under Sims Avenue. The sale of the larger land parcel provides greater flexibility for building design, layout and placement of uses. It will also facilitate the development of Paya Lebar Central into a commercial node, which is in line with the government's objective of decentralising employment centres and bringing jobs closer to homes," MND said.

In addition, the H2 2014 reserve list will have two sites for office developments: an existing white site at Marina View and a new commercial site at Beach Road. These two sites will provide opportunities for the market to initiate the development of more office space if there is demand.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room.../pr14-34a.aspx
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Holland Road mixed use site should be very interesting. Expect developers with retail interest to bid big on this one.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Confirmed list:
    Residential Sites
    1 Sembawang Road / Canberra Link (EC) - Aug-14
    2 Lorong Puntong - Aug-14
    3 Tampines Road - Sep-14
    4 Anchorvale Crescent (EC) - Nov-14
    5 Woodlands Avenue 12 (EC) - Dec-14
    6 Jurong West Street 41 (Parcel B) - Dec-14

Commercial & Residential Sites
    Yishun Avenue 4 - Nov-14
    Holland Road - Dec-14

Commercial Sites
    9 Paya Lebar Road / Sims Avenue - Oct-14

Tampines Road plot is just beside kovan mrt
    Lorong Puntong for Ai Tong primary
    Jurong West beside lakeshore, near mrt and canadian school
    Holland Road near mrt
    Paya Lebar regional centre cheong ah

wonder why
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Driven by demand. In line with government decentralization effort.
    IMO the only thing that is going to drive the property market now is government infrastructure development. so there is where one should park their investment.

No new JLD development for 2H...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Jurong West part of JLD?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

PM Lee already said that due to labor crunch they are delaying over $2b worth of projects including science center and garden by the bay phase 2.

However infrastructure development like MRT like and maybe HSR will move ahead as plan. 2H we will see TOP of NTFH, and Bigbox. 2015 will be Genting Hotel at Jurong East.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Jurong West part of JLD?
    looking at non-residential development such as the release of the white sites in jurong east...

Build more hawker lah! Longer they drag all those good stall will be gone in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    Build more hawker lah! Longer they drag all those good stall will be gone in no time.
    They are already doing it in less matured estate. But I am skeptical about letting private sector managed the hawker center.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    They are already doing it in less matured estate. But I am skeptical about letting private sector managed the hawker center.
    I agree. Food prices r increasing rapidly these few years. Pte food court will make things worse. A lot of food from hawker centre cost $3 n above now. Those below $3 have lesser portion.

Prob is cash is losing its value, food price essential remains the same...

Why govt trim???? If they keep releasing, wont there be more supply in the future vs demand????? Why they trim???? Should release more leh.... Why????

If they release more land over the next 1-2 years, wont there be more over supply????

How many singaporeans get married every year????? How many want to stay on their own???? how many built over past few years???? Enough???? Why always over subscribed for bto????

Now they build so many bto... why is there a need to go resale????

So many questions... hahahahahahahahaha all up to individual interpretation.... Flip a coin, some will say heads, some will say tails... Show a man a cup with 1/2 qty... some will say 1/2 full, some will say 1/2 empty...

What is the top selling car brand??? What is the number 2 top selling car brand??? google

Looks like there are 4 resi cum commercial dev in H2?

Masterplan 2014 has been gazetted & noticed JLD still remains as reserve site.
    Even marina south already have white sites and residences zoned and marked out. I think JLD has stalled, probably for next 3 to 5 years at least.

Prob is cash is losing its value, food price essential remains the same...
    When we balance our budget, they balloon their debt and still the riches country in the world. Ever wonder why the Chinese cycle and the America drive a car during the 70's.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/paldr001/myb...rt-effect.html

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Masterplan 2014 has been gazetted & noticed JLD still remains as reserve site.
    Even marina south already have white sites and residences zoned and marked out. I think JLD has stalled, probably for next 3 to 5 years at least.
    You need to compare Masterplan 2014 to Masterplan 2008 to see that the existing Jurong Country Club has been changed from Sport and Recreation to Reserved Site. At the moment, there are still many white and commercial site along JLD that has not been launch yet, and that include the integrated transport hub which is not listed and subject to detail planning, and its a white site.

Government has already launch tender to develop the old tang dynasty site to convert it to a garden, and MP2014 also include a healthcare site next to it.

Stalled? far from it lah. very soon, we are going to see JRL MRT activities and maybe next year, HSR.

in 2014, we are going to see Big Box and NTFH TOP, next year, it will be Genting Hotel, follow by Vision Exchange and J Gateway Condo. And 2018/9 government should start the construction of the new science center and perhaps the themepark

I think infrastructure is getting ready for growing population. No way the government will allow so much building of property if population is not going to increase in future.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbox View Post
    I think infrastructure is getting ready for growing population. No way the government will allow so much building of property if population is not going to increase in future.
    AEC 2015.

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/downloads/Publ...FAQs/ASEAN.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    This is the scary part.

This is the scary part.
    The scary part is people choose to complain CPF, PR, housing price too high.......... and not the 500 million people coming to the island.

Related.

If just additional 1 million come to Singapore, the prices of everything will go up significantly. Wonder what will life be like then.

Related.

If just additional 1 million come to Singapore, the prices of everything will go up significantly. Wonder what will life be like then.
    Life will be the same, there will be people who complain and people who position themselves to profit.

Like what Jim Rohn like to say, I don't know.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_AzFk32oo

Life will be the same, there will be people who complain and people who position themselves to profit.

Like what Jim Rohn like to say, I don't know.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_AzFk32oo
    How to profit?

Now can hoot property hoping for price appreciation in 2015 when everybody around the region wants to come to Singapore?

Think this over supply issue is temporary. 2015 will be interesting.

How to profit?

Now can hoot property hoping for price appreciation in 2015 when everybody around the region wants to come to Singapore?

Think this over supply issue is temporary. 2015 will be interesting.
    If you have cash in the Bank doing nothing but depreciating than it will be good to buy.

If you have cash in the Bank doing nothing but depreciating than it will be good to buy.
    I think many people are afraid that this is only the beginning. So many units coming out in the next few years - hdb and PC. Hoot now, maybe regret in 6 months time when price drop by another 5 - 10%???

I think many people are afraid that this is only the beginning. So many units coming out in the next few years - hdb and PC. Hoot now, maybe regret in 6 months time when price drop by another 5 - 10%???
    Where were you in 2006, I also got the same feeling, price will not go up. But decided the risk is low and got a 2 Bedroom at Southbank. After holding SGD 100,000 plus for over 10 years after I sold my 4 room HDB and buy BTO 5 room HDB in 1995. I tell myself, the government spend Billion on the infrastructure and the price still the same something is not right.

Then I remember what the Lord say "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

Where were you in 2006, I also got the same feeling, price will not go up. But decided the risk is low and got a 2 Bedroom at Southbank. After holding SGD 100,000 plus for over 10 years after I sold my 4 room HDB and buy BTO 5 room HDB in 1995. I tell myself, the government spend Billion on the infrastructure and the price still the same something is not right.
    Prices are still near the peak though slight drop recently. If buy now, means confident that prices will climb again in future. Can hdb reach 7 digits? Condos in Jurong and Bishan, eventually 2000 psf in 10 years time?

Is this really good for a small economy like Singapore where people come and go just like that?

Takes a lot of guts to enter now, imho. Are we buying at the dip or buying at the peak?

Prices are still near the peak though slight drop recently. If buy now, means confident that prices will climb again in future. Can hdb reach 7 digits? Condos in Jurong and Bishan, eventually 2000 psf in 10 years time?

Is this really good for a small economy like Singapore where people come and go just like that?

Takes a lot of guts to enter now, imho. Are we buying at the dip or buying at the peak?
    Buy within your mean.

Question : Do you think they will stop printing? There are lot of things to build and lot of people will to come to Singapore, why stop printing when the most powerful nation is printing.