Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Do you know when will the construction of Trizon be completed?
    My guess is end of this year.. My master bedroom view will likely be blocked but I dun mind having the full pool view of Trizon instead. it may also be more interesting,,,Actually with Trizon, I may even slept later as it will blocked the early morning sun rise glare....

you need to draw your curtains, oilman

Comparing Montview and Marbella, it would seem Marbella is better in terms of location, view and proximity to the Dover MRT. But its older. What are your views? Again I thought there are some HDB contruction going on there? So, will Marbella be blocked by these HDB blocks eventually?

Comparing Montview and Marbella, it would seem Marbella is better in terms of location, view and proximity to the Dover MRT. But its older. What are your views? Again I thought there are some HDB contruction going on there? So, will Marbella be blocked by these HDB blocks eventually?
    Marbella is abt 4 to 5 years old. while Montview just TOP last March. You can walk to Dover MRT from Marbella across the canal while Montview has a shutlle bus to Buona Vista or Ghim Moh MRT at its entrance.

Marbella is a big project with 3 blocks while Montview is a single block of only 110 unit. My view is that Marbella is more suitable for famiy with kids that needs to run about while Montview is more exclusive and private those who prefer privacy.

Dunno about HDB block being built near Marbella but there is a very huge and long empty land after the canal along Dover MRT,

Oilman, how often does the shuttle bus operate?

Quote Originally Posted by dnl
    Oilman, how often does the shuttle bus operate?
    I hv not taken bus for ages but from what I see the interval is about 15-20 minutes and there are also those Premiere Direct bus service to Raffles place and other places in front of Montview for office workers in the am and evening. Anyway the main bus stop at Ulu Pandan road is only 5 minutes walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by oilman
    I hv not taken bus for ages but from what I see the interval is about 15-20 minutes and there are also those Premiere Direct bus service to Raffles place and other places in front of Montview for office workers in the am and evening. Anyway the main bus stop at Ulu Pandan road is only 5 minutes walk away.
    The loop bus service doesn't operate on Sundays. But as Oilman advise you can always access Ulu Pandan Road for direct buses to Orchard Road!

thanks for the advice, guys..

Marbella is abt 4 to 5 years old. while Montview just TOP last March. You can walk to Dover MRT from Marbella across the canal while Montview has a shutlle bus to Buona Vista or Ghim Moh MRT at its entrance.

Marbella is a big project with 3 blocks while Montview is a single block of only 110 unit. My view is that Marbella is more suitable for famiy with kids that needs to run about while Montview is more exclusive and private those who prefer privacy.

Dunno about HDB block being built near Marbella but there is a very huge and long empty land after the canal along Dover MRT,
    there empty land there will be used for HDB .... my friend's parents at Ghim Moh ...their HDB was enbloc some 2 yr ago ... and they are given HDB choices at the lcoation near Marbella ... facing the canal and Dover station

Oilman, thanks for your feedback. Can I please check what is the monthly maintenance at Montview? Am about to close on a deal here so we may become neighbours
    Hi dnl, looking at the latest transaction i see a unit of 1227 sq feet just being transacted in Montview. is that you >? If it is, let me be the first to welcome you to Montview.

Hi dnl, looking at the latest transaction i see a unit of 1227 sq feet just being transacted in Montview. is that you >? If it is, let me be the first to welcome you to Montview.
    Hi Oilman, heard Trizon going to be launched soon. You think will pull up price of Montview? Comparing Trizon and Montview, which of the two would you prefer?

Hi Oilman, heard Trizon going to be launched soon. You think will pull up price of Montview? Comparing Trizon and Montview, which of the two would you prefer?
    If Trizon were to be launched at 1350 psf like what is was last year then it reality that would work out to be about 1450-1500 psf in view of double volume space ( actual psf should be about 100 -150 psf higher is view of double volume space ). At such the current price of Montview is way undervalued at 1100 psf . I have always thought that Montview prices has always been undervalue in comparison to what is being fetch in 6th avenue or holland areas which is a couple of minutes away. The price diff between these areas should not be more than 100 psf...but is now more like 300-500 psf . , Montview is next to international school and within 1 km from henry park school and is in a more serene and tranquil area.

I for one would not pay additonal 300-500 psf more to be a few hundred meters close to town but in a more congested area . Take a drive in Mt Sinai area and compared to Holland and Sixth Ave and you will know what I mean. Anyway one man meat's is another poison I suppose.

If Trizon were to be launched at 1350 psf like what is was last year then it reality that would work out to be about 1450-1500 psf in view of double volume space ( actual psf should be about 100 -150 psf higher is view of double volume space ). At such the current price of Montview is way undervalued at 1100 psf . I have always thought that Montview prices has always been undervalue in comparison to what is being fetch in 6th avenue or holland areas which is a couple of minutes away. The price diff between these areas should not be more than 100 psf...but is now more like 300-500 psf . , Montview is next to international school and within 1 km from henry park school and is in a more serene and tranquil area.

I for one would not pay additonal 300-500 psf more to be a few hundred meters close to town but in a more congested area . Take a drive in Mt Sinai area and compared to Holland and Sixth Ave and you will know what I mean. Anyway one man meat's is another poison I suppose.
    Let's see how will Montview fare once Trizon is launched.

Hi All

To those that are familair or living in the Mt Sinai area, to walk to Dover MRT is quite far. To go for a decent grocery shopping must take bus right to Ghim Moh, Jelita or Clementi right? If that is true, it sounds like quite inconvenient since i have to take bus to almost everywhere, right?

Appreciate your advice to those that are familiar with the living there. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esurprise
    Hi All

To those that are familair or living in the Mt Sinai area, to walk to Dover MRT is quite far. To go for a decent grocery shopping must take bus right to Ghim Moh, Jelita or Clementi right? If that is true, it sounds like quite inconvenient since i have to take bus to almost everywhere, right?

Appreciate your advice to those that are familiar with the living there. thanks

Firstly, most if not all the resident that lives in Montview drives.
    Secondly, there are provisions shop and eateries in Pandan Valley and Ridgewood condo which are open to public and is just next to Montview.
    Thirdly, with the present internet age, there are home deliveries for almost anything.

Last but not least , it would be a bit of hassle if one has to do daily marketing and does not drive and yes one will need to rely on public transportation to Ghim Moh, Jelita or Clementi as all of them is abt 1 km away.

Hope this help...

Default To all montview owners

I judy got a 1507 sqft unit at montview. Was walking around the condo and I found the concrete kerb in the carpark bext to the 20cents water dispenser is damaged. Also, the rubber carpet in the gym seems to be unfinished or torn?

Is the Managing agent going to be doing anything about those??

Welcome to Montview! I bought the 3 bedder unit here a couple of mths back too, so welcome neighbour!

You should ask the management about it. I noticed that the mirror in one of the lifts have been chipped quite badly and no one seems to have done anything about it.

Hmmm...yeah...does anyone know how to contact the managing agent???

Thanks dnl...which floor are u on??

Quote Originally Posted by danieltangtc
    Hmmm...yeah...does anyone know how to contact the managing agent???
    you can contact chris at 62199349. he is the condo manager

Welcome to Montview! I bought the 3 bedder unit here a couple of mths back too, so welcome neighbour!

You should ask the management about it. I noticed that the mirror in one of the lifts have been chipped quite badly and no one seems to have done anything about it.
    the contractor that is responsible for that will have their deposit forfeited to repair the mirror as i understand it. if this is a separate incident its good to inform this to the managing agent which will then refer this this to the management council for any major repairs required,

Latest transaction for Montview:
    Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    63 Mount Sinai Drive #15-03
    Freehold
    $1440
    $2170k
    13 Jan 11

#03-03 transacted at 1300psf last mar. after adjusting for difference between low and high floor, it has hardly appreciated?

Latest transaction for Montview:
    Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    63 Mount Sinai Drive #15-03
    Freehold
    $1440
    $2170k
    13 Jan 11

Anyone selling montview <1.5mil now?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Anyone selling montview <1.5mil now?
    Smallest unit is a 2 bedder+study, 114sqm or about 1227sqft...

URA data, no unit sold below $1.5m..Since late 2009

The closest to your budget is $1.55m for 1227sqft in Jan'10. U may have to wait long long...

MONTVIEW* MOUNT SINAI DRIVE Condominium 1 1,550,000 1,227 Strata 1,263 Jan-10

Just came back from seeing a few units here, I can't get myself to even offer, the actual living space is smaller than advertised, the impressive balcony takes up a lot of space. So this is for those who like balconies.

It's norm these days. Gone are the days with good useable floor area. BCA should review their policy and not just keep giving perts to developer for foc space in balcony, planter, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by klim828
    Just came back from seeing a few units here, I can't get myself to even offer, the actual living space is smaller than advertised, the impressive balcony takes up a lot of space. So this is for those who like balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It's norm these days. Gone are the days with good useable floor area. BCA should review their policy and not just keep giving perts to developer for foc space in balcony, planter, etc.
    I know, I've seen a few new developments, Montview is actually better than most, but I need livable space, not big balconies!

Guess I need to look at older developments.

The $psf is lower for older project with more useable floor area.
    Quote Originally Posted by klim828
    I know, I've seen a few new developments, Montview is actually better than most, but I need livable space, not big balconies!

Guess I need to look at older developments.

Latest caveat in October 2011 at S$1,540 psf for a 1,507 sq ft apt between 16 to 20 floor! Price S$2,320,780.00. Appears to be going up!!!!!!!!!!!!