Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Quote Originally Posted by nusnam
    Aiyah, it's not about D10 being rich people and D5 being poor. I know afew associates, one of them CEO, staying in Kembangan but earning millions each year. So what if they are rich, it's their choice if they wanna splurge on expensive units.

wow.. proud owner, which part of manhattan?
    yes, a lot of rich people don't want to live in d10, for fear of getting the undesirable types as neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    cannot beat that. but given that price correction has not come to an end in the US, you better wait a bit before buying. don't want you to be like teddybear and others and buy at market peaks.
    ahhahahaaha

lets not talk property in other PRIME location like Manhattan here ...
    before we kana shot at ...

BUT you sure want to keep in touch with me though .. i can be your EYES in US and update you with on-the-ground moves in property there ...

haha, same here. will let you know when D10 properties drop to 600psf in two years' time, so you can fly back and scoop up bargains.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah! You are proclaiming to be another GOD? What make you believe that I buy at market peak? For saying this, I am very sure that you cannot be GOD, only some lousy loser hallucinating that other people are always worse off than themselves. Don't hallucinate too much because IMH will be waiting for you...

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    cannot beat that. but given that price correction has not come to an end in the US, you better wait a bit before buying. don't want you to be like teddybear and others and buy at market peaks.

umm, I was actually expecting an informed discussion on Montview

Speaking as someone who actually lives in Montview, this project has one of the best designed layout and finishings around such as Grohe for its taps and rain showers .

It offers exclusivity, privacy and serenity for those who prefer queiter ambience rather than those in bigger projects. Its balcony is most practical and has water pipe and drainage for gardening and are not expose to any direct sunshine or rain.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to Orchard and is away from the noise from main roads and its under district 10. Its within 1 km from Henry Park School and 5 minutes away from Holland V , Rochester and Sunset Way food outlets.

Only setback was the contruction site next to it but the noisiest part of tearing down and pilling is all over . The new project Trizon will not only enhance the surroudings further but will also maintain Montview value as its being priced at much higher levels due to its en bloc cost and has a cash developer such as Singland who has holding power.

For those who claimed that it takes an hour to get to town from Mount Sinai area have ablsolutely no idea what they are taking about.

To me, Mt Sinai belongs to Clementi, Ghim Moh, and Ulu Pandan area, although officially it is within D10 boundaries. IMO Not worth paying D10 price. People who pay D10 price for this area are carrotheads.

I agree that Mt Sinai is not a desired estate in D10 and apart frm Jelita and a petrol kiosk, there isnt much to offer to residents in terms of amenities. But that being said, the place has its quite appeal and charm with mainly lowrise landed pty and a few old condos to add variety. To call people who buy any area carrothead is rather extreme as preference tends to be very subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    To me, Mt Sinai belongs to Clementi, Ghim Moh, and Ulu Pandan area, although officially it is within D10 boundaries. IMO Not worth paying D10 price. People who pay D10 price for this area are carrotheads.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Its takes a sourgrape to know a carrothead...Mt Sinai area is already price about 20-40% lower than those in Holland area and Orchard but its only 5-10 minutes away .Whether the others is overvalued or Mt Sinai area is undervalued is subject to individual opinion.

This thread is for information about Montview and no one is pushing anyone to buy anything (even to the likes of ahlahdin who possibly cant afford anywhere close to it and had to resort to name calling). Think twice before you post for a change lest you reveal more of your ignorance. Try to belittle others with name calling is nothing more than a pathetic false sense of pride

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oilman
    Speaking as someone who actually lives in Montview, this project has one of the best designed layout and finishings around such as Grohe for its taps and rain showers .

It offers exclusivity, privacy and serenity for those who prefer queiter ambience rather than those in bigger projects. Its balcony is most practical and has water pipe and drainage for gardening and are not expose to any direct sunshine or rain.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to Orchard and is away from the noise from main roads and its under district 10. Its within 1 km from Henry Park School and 5 minutes away from Holland V , Rochester and Sunset Way food outlets.

Only setback was the contruction site next to it but the noisiest part of tearing down and pilling is all over . The new project Trizon will not only enhance the surroudings further but will also maintain Montview value as its being priced at much higher levels due to its en bloc cost and has a cash developer such as Singland who has holding power.

For those who claimed that it takes an hour to get to town from Mount Sinai area have ablsolutely no idea what they are taking about.
    Thanks for your input.. it's a posh area with amenities nearby, ghim moh market, 6th avenue, holland v and bukit timah stretch, jogging track just beside and schools, uni and polytechnics not too far away.. Somehow i missed this property a couple of years back, if not, i would have consider it. D10 or not doesn't matter to me, especially if it's for your own stay. Great buy.

Quote Originally Posted by nusnam
    Thanks for your input.. it's a posh area with amenities nearby, ghim moh market, 6th avenue, holland v and bukit timah stretch, jogging track just beside and schools, uni and polytechnics not too far away.. Somehow i missed this property a couple of years back, if not, i would have consider it. D10 or not doesn't matter to me, especially if it's for your own stay. Great buy.
    any idea whats the current or latest TRADED psf ?

anything above 1000 psf can forget it ... there are Marbella, even OLDIES like Ridgewood, Pandan Valley ... just as good .. and way below 1000 psf

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    any idea whats the current or latest TRADED psf ?

anything above 1000 psf can forget it ... there are Marbella, even OLDIES like Ridgewood, Pandan Valley ... just as good .. and way below 1000 psf
    Am not looking to buy this property because it's expensive now. I meant it was a good buy then.

Latest transaction done for a 4 bedder, size 1744 sq ft at S$2.0 million or S$1,146 psf.(Source: BT dated May 28, 2009).

Default Interested buyer

Does anyone know how much Trizon next door would be launched for? what is latest transacted price for Montview?

I'm keen to purchase a unit at Montview and was wondering what the asking psf would be.

mount sinai is not posh at all. don't pay more for mt sinai. HDB amenities are good but it detracts from the poshness.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    mount sinai is not posh at all. don't pay more for mt sinai. HDB amenities are good but it detracts from the poshness.
    One man's meat is another man;s poison....Some like quiet and serene places rather than a so called 'posh' but' noisy and heavy traffic areas. All depends if its for investment or own stay . I stay in down town for many years before moving to Mount Sinai and loving it.

What would be reasonable psf for unit at Montview? One 3 bedroom unit on lowfloor is going at 1186 psf and I'm wondering if it is a reasonable price to pay?

According to Knightfrank, developer for Trizon is holding back launch for 3 months. I believe it's bcos' they are trying to ride this downturn and are hoping that market would pick up in 3 months for their launch. Does anyone know how much developer bought land for? what is developer's psf?

Quote Originally Posted by dnl
    What would be reasonable psf for unit at Montview? One 3 bedroom unit on lowfloor is going at 1186 psf and I'm wondering if it is a reasonable price to pay?

According to Knightfrank, developer for Trizon is holding back launch for 3 months. I believe it's bcos' they are trying to ride this downturn and are hoping that market would pick up in 3 months for their launch. Does anyone know how much developer bought land for? what is developer's psf?
    Singland bot Himiko Court enbloc for 800 plus psf...Thus their cost for Trizon is about 1250 psf ..Trizon was soft launched at 1350 psf last year ...but most unit has double volume in the master bedroom..thus if includes the air space , the actual psf for the built in area should be abt 1400-1450 psf..

i lived in montview and loving it...but its up to u to decide what is the fair value...

Oilman, thanks for your feedback. Can I please check what is the monthly maintenance at Montview? Am about to close on a deal here so we may become neighbours

Oilman, thanks for your feedback. Can I please check what is the monthly maintenance at Montview? Am about to close on a deal here so we may become neighbours
    About S$300 per month for a 3 bedder.

Thanks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a worthy investment. It's still crazy to be paying over half a million more than when it was launched in 06.

However having said that, other new developments like verdure, sixth avenue residences etc and yet to be launched holland residences are going at 1200 - 1400 psf, so seems a worth buy at 1100+.

Any views?

dnl, u sound serious about buying Montview. My unit is the 1744 square feet 4 bedroom and 5 toilets that comes with a private lift and monthly maintenance is abt 380 . For the 3 bedder it should be lower....

Yes, I'm very keen to get unit at Montview. I like the peaceful and quite neighbourhood and the layout of the unit I viewed is very spacious and squarish. East facing so it is windy and bright with no west sun. Finishings are top-end and better than most other developments I've seen so far...

Only push factor is the ongoing construction at Himiko court.. is it really noisy and dusty with the on-going construction?

Yes, I'm very keen to get unit at Montview. I like the peaceful and quite neighbourhood and the layout of the unit I viewed is very spacious and squarish. East facing so it is windy and bright with no west sun. Finishings are top-end and better than most other developments I've seen so far...

Only push factor is the ongoing construction at Himiko court.. is it really noisy and dusty with the on-going construction?
    The finishing is the same as Ho Bee's Sentosa Cove project and its top notch. Not many new project can offer such finishings in view of present higher contruction cost . This place is very quiet and serene,,,You will have to bear with Trizon on going construction for a bit but the worse is over. ie the tearing down of Himiko Court and pilling. Trizon will enhance the surrounding further but will blocked the great city view from your master bedroom . In return you will get the full swimming pool view.

May I know what is the maximum height for Trizon? At what level at Montview will it be unblocked if there is?

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    May I know what is the maximum height for Trizon? At what level at Montview will it be unblocked if there is?
    Trizon will also be the same height as Montview ie 24 floor...All Montview units would not have any blocked view of Trizon from its living room and balcony as they are facing either North or South,. Trizon is located east of Montview.

Trizon will also be the same height as Montview ie 24 floor...All Montview units would not have any blocked view of Trizon from its living room and balcony as they are facing either North or South,. Trizon is located east of Montview.
    So, Montview is completely blocked by Trizon on the east, i.e. from the master bedroom on Stack 03?

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    So, Montview is completely blocked by Trizon on the east, i.e. from the master bedroom on Stack 03?
    The master bedroom view from stack 02 and 03 will be blocked . but you will have the full view of Trizon facilities and its several swimming pools right below.

The master bedroom view from stack 02 and 03 will be blocked . but you will have the full view of Trizon facilities and its several swimming pools right below.
    Do you know when will the construction of Trizon be completed?

yes seems like it, when I saw the unit. Currently the unit has an unblocked city view from the master bedroom, but once Trizon is up, that view will be replaced with a view of Trizon.