Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maths don't add up..

Default Maths don't add up..

Can someone enlighten me?

There is sooo many vacant units for the Condo...

And government kept building n building....

Isn't this an oversupply? Coz clearly no demand mah...

If no oversupply not government build for who?? Purposely build empty units to let FT buy is it?

Or government intend to crash the property market just before GE?

It is a good move. Property prices so high. HDB 1 million dollars. How Singaporeans afford? HDB should be affordable public housing. There should be little or no profiting from PUBLIC housing. 300k for a 5 bedroom is good enough for me. If prices don't come down, let's show PAP our power in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by yl View Post

If no oversupply not government build for who?? Purposely build empty units to let FT buy is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvYOxEkxYd4

If you understand Chinese, watch this and you will know why.

jurong, pasir ris, punggol, sengkang still selling $1M condo means demand is sibei strong ... continue to build

they got the figure from immigration, prepare for new citizens. Waves and waves coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

Thanks...the video kept dying on me half way.....it was really interesting though! I am trying to make the link work...

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    they got the figure from immigration, prepare for new citizens. Waves and waves coming in.
    So in short government is pre building to anticipate these people?

Seriously...what will happen if these people never come? The ura statistics and take up rate just doesn't make sense.

Might as well dig up the entire of Singapore for HDBs, condos etc to anticipate 2nd generations n 3rd generations of people and so on.

watched already, cannot find the reason! haha!

China have a lot of ghost city, there are lots of apartment empty in China.
    Is the property oversupply, the answer is No.

He than compare it with Japan property bubbles and conclude China property is not bubbles but due to lack of investment opportunity the rich buy property to preserve their wealth.

The same goes with Singapore, there are lots of money in CPF if you don't use it you get 2.6% below "inflation rate". From 2008 when all the government print money, money in the Bank and CPF depreciated.

As more people understand what is going on in the World, they start to find a place to park their money.

AEC 2015

Total population of Southeast Asia in 2010 was 593 million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xx_5PuLIzc

The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of The World

Hope this will help you understand.

So in short government is pre building to anticipate these people?

Seriously...what will happen if these people never come? The ura statistics and take up rate just doesn't make sense.

Might as well dig up the entire of Singapore for HDBs, condos etc to anticipate 2nd generations n 3rd generations of people and so on.
    Door open for the rich.

Believe me when I say 1m HDB is political suicide for the PAP. 1m HDB is still happening and building their way out is their best bet.

They keep building because it is still cheap to build. Soon it won't be cheap. Materials and labor cost is rising. It will caught some countries off guard, but sg being far sighted must continue building. If sg keep the same pace as others, soon it will fall behind.

Quote Originally Posted by pmet View Post
    Believe me when I say 1m HDB is political suicide for the PAP. 1m HDB is still happening and building their way out is their best bet.
    Did government sell 1 million for hdb housing or its by developers n other cash rich people buying resale?

If people willing to pay 1 million for old aged hdb also government fault?

Quote Originally Posted by pmet View Post
    If the nearly condos with similar size, and similar view are selling at 2M plus, what's wrong with HDB sold at 1M?

Door is always open wide for the rich to be come richer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    Door open for the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Door is always open wide for the rich to be come richer.
    the poor will have to find ways to leave the shore.
    selling off their property here and migrate to 3rd nation country to become
    one of the rich man there. other means of surviving, changing ground.

So empty apartments have become items for trading like gold.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    They keep building because it is still cheap to build. Soon it won't be cheap. Materials and labor cost is rising. It will caught some countries off guard, but sg being far sighted must continue building. If sg keep the same pace as others, soon it will fall behind.
    Makes sense only if they aren't on 99 lease lei..

Coz if they build to anticipate the flood of people in 20 years tme..The lease left only how much by Then..

Quote Originally Posted by di View Post
    Did government sell 1 million for hdb housing or its by developers n other cash rich people buying resale?

If people willing to pay 1 million for old aged hdb also government fault?

Actually resale 1M allow Singaporean to upgrade or retire.! It's actually good. As long government continue to sell new hdb lower at reasonable price then it's great. People complain 1M hdb coz the sold out earlier jealous.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Makes sense only if they aren't on 99 lease lei..

Coz if they build to anticipate the flood of people in 20 years tme..The lease left only how much by Then..
    Lease can be renew. What's the problem with 99yr lease? Most apt 30yr on will Enblock.

China lease on 70yrs!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Lease can be renew. What's the problem with 99yr lease? Most apt 30yr on will Enblock.

China lease on 70yrs!
    If the government built these empty units in advance...
    .the maintenance costs to upkeep them is huge. So doesn't make sense to me either.

If these units are built based on forecast to meet the ' demand'
    .obviously there is not much demand cos a lot of projects are less than half sold.

Even so... not all the people that makeup the demand can buy due to the TDSR.

So I question how the numbers are derived. They are so bad with numbers until they caused such protracted shortage of housing in the past..why should I have faith that they got the numbers right this round??

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    If the government built these empty units in advance...
    .the maintenance costs to upkeep them is huge. So doesn't make sense to me either.
    You mean HDB or Private. HDB no problem just rent it to FT.

Private also no problem, unsold developer, sold owner.

If you have SGD 1,000,000. cash what would you do?

Wat if Sg stay stagnant? Reducing incoming workers, investment......

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    Wat if Sg stay stagnant? Reducing incoming workers, investment......
    Do you think you can stop the engine running.

You mean HDB or Private. HDB no problem just rent it to FT.

Private also no problem, unsold developer, sold owner.

If you have SGD 1,000,000. cash what would you do?
    Hi..really enjoyed reading your posts..but I m unfortunately a dense student when it comes to property matters.

I got the understanding n general message government is building in order to cool the market... So they hope to make the condo n hdb prices more affordable by building enough to meet the demands.

Hdb is build to order so sure have demand ...but for condo the situation is more complex.

Or government is passing the risks to the developer since the government get to sell Land make money n when the developer unable to sell all the units they are forced to sell low...making the. Price lower. Hence, killing 2 birds with one stone.

If I have 1mil, buying property might not be advisable given the prices ar e all time high right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    Hi..really enjoyed reading your posts..but I m unfortunately a dense student when it comes to property matters.

I got the understanding n general message government is building in order to cool the market... So they hope to make the condo n hdb prices more affordable by building enough to meet the demands.

Hdb is build to order so sure have demand ...but for condo the situation is more complex.

Or government is passing the risks to the developer since the government get to sell Land make money n when the developer unable to sell all the units they are forced to sell low...making the. Price lower. Hence, killing 2 birds with one stone.

If I have 1mil, buying property might not be advisable given the prices ar e all time high right?
    If I tell you in 2015, 500 million people in ASEAN are free to move their money and body around what do you think will happen in Singapore.

Do you think you can stop the engine running.
    Many are hoping it will stop somehow or even going backwards at times.

If I tell you in 2015, 500 million people in ASEAN are free to move their money and body around what do you think will happen in Singapore.
    You are right...managed to dig up the following:

http://www.joneslanglasalleblog.com/...an-real-estate

"AEC 2015 And Its Impact On ASEAN Real Estate
    June 5th, 2013 by Dr. Chua Yang Liang
    The Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) comprises ten diverse nations with a myriad of languages and cultures, and has been around since 1967. In November 2007, the ASEAN leaders adopted the ASEAN Economic Blueprint – a master plan to guide the integration of the regional economies into a single market and production base – and agreed to the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) by 2015. If this is achieved, it provides businesses with seamless access to a market of over 600 million people – 8% of the world’s population – living in a land area of 4.46 million sq km. From the real estate perspective, this integration could improve regional connectivity in terms of investment in roads and rail transport networks, and further the growth of the local urban development and real estate markets.

The AEC goal of enhancing the mobility of skilled labour will be the catalyst for the exchange of best practices across ASEAN. Urban design and development will benefit from these exchanges. Greater innovation is expected as the mature cities move up the value chain, as rising pressure from limited and costly land and labour resources force these mature cities to increase their productivity in terms of construction processes and building efficiency. The construction industry will rely more on labour sourced within rather than outside ASEAN.

The primary concern of companies and investors is to maximise profits and reduce costs. Therefore, areas with lower production costs will draw lower-end production away from costlier regions. The recent outflow of industrial production from China into the emerging markets of Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia and the outsourcing of backroom support functions from Singapore to the Philippines are some examples. The industrial assets in higher-cost regions such as Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore will undergo adaptive reuse if not redevelopment, focusing on providing higher value-added products and services while the new industrial estates in the Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam will support lower-end production. As more manufacturers relocate to ASEAN, the demand for industrial and logistic properties should consequentially increase.

Should such a single production base prove successful, the elimination of tariffs on goods and services within ASEAN members will increase the region’s overall economic growth and wealth. The next change could come from the shifting consumption pattern accompanying higher disposable income. There will be more manufacturing and services as investors take advantage of the tariff free region and consumption within ASEAN rises. We already see this happening, especially in Indonesia. The retail market is undergoing a transformation, as consumers armed with higher income are demanding more of a lifestyle-centric shopping experience.

Lastly, with greater ease of capital flow and investments, the level of real estate investment activity is expected to rise in the untapped South East Asian markets as investor appetite grows. The level of capital flow in ASEAN is also likely to rise as and when regulatory barriers are removed.

About the author
    Yang Liang Chua is Head of Research for Singapore and South East Asia at Jones Lang LaSalle."

"“The ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) aims to achieve free movement of goods, services, investment, skilled labour and freer flow of capital. While fraught with challenges, a successful formation of AEC will be able to achieve significant economic benefits to the region. Singapore is well positioned to become the capital of ASEAN drawing top talents into the country as trade and business volume increase. The potential influx of intra-regional investors will lead to an increase in demand for homes and business spaces directly benefiting the real estate sector. Singapore is ranked first in World Bank’s 2012 Doing Business report comparing over 183 economies, a further testimony of her potential. The outlook of real estate in Singapore looks bright as AEC takes shape in the near future.

Png Poh Soon, Research Director, Singapore" quoted from Realising the Asean Economic Community in 2015

So far, the forecasts of the takeup rate for the private units are very negative, citing oversupply. I wonder if these are already factored in their analysis. If these are not factored in..then how come?

If this happens, then it is boom time for SG but only IF it happens...many political barriers have to be overcome and ASEAN is not known to be so cohesive...