Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Residential rents seen rising further

Unregistered Guest

Cool Re: Residential rents seen rising further

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Moron. Whu pay for the lunch? i bet u and he were waiting for each other to pay for the lunch. btw u lunch coffee shop? If price can "shoot" we rather u be shot for talking rubbish
    We just had bird nest washing our throats before the buddha jump over the wall come next for appetizer, followed by giagantic abalone where we must insist on using a saw instead of the usual knives. Bet you are still eating the 80cents cup noodles in the office while we were enjoying lunch.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Residential rents seen rising further

Singapore property price shooting through the roof like no tomorrow?

Like Manhatten apartment average psf shooting up by 20.5% to US$1,289 psf?
    u haven answer me which coffeeshop u go to. whu pay and u lunch hour so short???? wat can be discused??????

Unregistered Guest

Moron. Shoot ur ASS, dun mislead readers here, go find better things to do.
    we got nothing to do wit manhatten, Moron, y dun u compare usa sub prime properties? pathetic
    Why you like USA so much?

You like USA, you got USA - Manhatten.

Unregistered Guest

We just had bird nest washing our throats before the buddha jump over the wall come next for appetizer, followed by giagantic abalone where we must insist on using a saw instead of the usual knives. Bet you are still eating the 80cents cup noodles in the office while we were enjoying lunch.
    My cum to wash down ur throats, after tat bill come, u jump off the wall followed by a visit to geylang to buy dirty "abalone". thereafter u caught AIDS n had to kill urself by using a knife.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Residential rents seen rising further

My cum to wash down ur throats, after tat bill come, u jump off the wall followed by a visit to geylang to buy dirty "abalone". thereafter u caught AIDS n had to kill urself by using a knife.
    why u so work up??? Just becos I say property prices shoot up. Relax la bro. So work up for nothing can get heart attack very easily.

Unregistered Guest

why u so work up??? Just becos I say property prices shoot up. Relax la bro. So work up for nothing can get heart attack very easily.
    Like i say, dun mislead readers here, MORON, u haven kill urself????

Unregistered Guest

Exactly.
    No need to get so worked up.

Aiway! Just ignore that guy lah!
    Who is he anyway?
    Just focus on the latest news on URA figures, global stocks rally and Manhatten apartment price increase will do.
    No need to listen to him.

Unregistered Guest

Exactly.

Who is he anyway?
    Just focus on the latest news on URA figures, global stocks rally and Manhatten apartment price increase will do.
    Generally if stocks market is good, it has to be on constant good for approx. few months whereby cash are more liquid in the market for properties to follow. property price wont shoot up overnight cos nothing is stable right now. there are no directions right now, we are like headless chicken running around. so my take is to monitior the situation for a while 1st before doing anything.

Unregistered Guest

Banking's Job Losses Could Accelerate, Analyst Says
    By AP | 01 Apr 2008 | 11:59 AM ET

The U.S. financial industry has been shedding jobs at a record clip, and some analysts predict the pace will only accelerate over the next year-and-a-half as banks cut costs in the face of the housing market slump and the weak economy.
    Analysts at the financial research firm Celent said in a report Tuesday that it expects the U.S. commercial banking industry -- essentially, all companies that lend or collect deposits -- to lose 200,000 of its 2 million jobs over the next 12 to 18 months.
    An annual loss of 200,000 jobs at the nation's commercial banks would be an unprecedented number.

In 2007, the entire financial services sector -- which consists of mostly commercial banks -- announced job cuts that totaled a record 153,000, according to the job placement consultancy Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc. More than half of those cuts were in the mortgage-lending business, and occurred all over the country, particularly in New York and California.

Octavio Marenzi, the head of Celent's financial consultancy unit, said more layoffs are inevitable as the subprime crisis hits other parts of the banking industry and spreads beyond mortgages to mortgage-related products, such as home-equity loans, and other types of lending, such as credit cards.
    "The banking industry over the past 40 years has never seen a downturn in its revenue growth," Marenzi said. "In 2008, it looks like it will decrease for the first time in living memory. They're going to have to respond with severe cost cutting. It's not an environment they're entirely used to."

The credit crisis began in earnest last summer when the markets tightened up at the sight of spiking subprime mortgage defaults.

"There's no horizon yet that anybody can see," said John Challenger, who runs Challenger, Gray & Christmas. "New events keep rolling out ... suggesting that there's more to come."

Financial services companies announced in January that they were cutting 16,000 U.S. jobs, and companies said in February they were trimming 6,000 more, Challenger said. Those figures are below last year's peak in August when companies announced they were cutting nearly 36,000 jobs, but analysts expect further bloodletting in the coming months.

Many banks that have reported huge losses have so far not announced significant layoffs outside the mortgage area, Challenger added. Just Tuesday, Swiss bank UBS -- which has a big portion of its staff in the United States -- said it lost more than $12 billion in the first quarter.

And Celent's estimate does not include the securities industry, which currently employs some 800,000 people -- more than it ever has, after a multiyear hiring spree, Marenzi said.

The investment bank Bear Stearns has 14,000 staffers, and JPMorgan Chase
    the company buying the investment bank, has not yet announced how much of that staff it intends to keep.

Meanwhile, Citigroup officially announced in January it was cutting 4,200 jobs globally, mostly in its investment banking business, but said there are more layoffs to come.

What we haven't seen are big mega-layoffs -- tens of thousands of people in a large company," Challenger said. "It just feels to me there are big ones coming."

The banking industry is not the only one shedding jobs recently. Manufacturing and construction companies have been laying off workers for a couple years now amid the flagging housing market and weak automotive industry.
    Though financial services employment has been contracting for the past few months, employment in other sectors -- such as wholesale trade, construction and public administration -- have been contracting at a faster pace, said Anthony Nieves. Nieves is the chairman of the Institute for Supply Management's survey committee for businesses outside the manufacturing sector.
    And hiring does not appear to be at a total standstill in financial services. JPMorgan, for one, did more hiring than firing last year.

But the financial services industry is large, so its layoffs affect the broader job market significantly. In February, U.S. employers eliminated more jobs than they created for the second straight month, according to the Labor Department. The department releases its March report on Friday, and economists, on average, are expecting another net loss.

Unregistered Guest

Banking's Job Losses Could Accelerate, Analyst Says
    By AP | 01 Apr 2008 | 11:59 AM ET

The U.S. financial industry has been shedding jobs at a record clip, and some analysts predict the pace will only accelerate over the next year-and-a-half as banks cut costs in the face of the housing market slump and the weak economy.
    Wah lau!
    Keep you old news lah.

Unregistered Guest

Generally if stocks market is good, it has to be on constant good for approx. few months whereby cash are more liquid in the market for properties to follow. property price wont shoot up overnight cos nothing is stable right now. there are no directions right now, we are like headless chicken running around. so my take is to monitior the situation for a while 1st before doing anything.
    Exactly. It is not really buyer market yet. Keep bullet first.

Unregistered Guest

we are very similar to Hongkong, ie. small land area packed with so many people.
    Singapore doesn't have so many people - 4.5 million is much lower than any major city. In fact, Singapore is no. 35 globally. The govt. wants to increase it to 6+ million, but its not that easy. HK is 7.5+M

As for land, HK is hilly, therefore difficult to build on. Singapore is flat.
    Singapore still has a lot of available land to build on. Whole areas of Pasir Ris, Senkang and Punggol are available. Woodlands is mostly empty, same for many other places on the north-south line. The story is similar in the west side (Boon Lay etc.)

There is place for growth.

If your friend is talking from a 20 year perspective, then we could agree with him. In the short term - 1 to 4 years from now, there is ample supply in the market + space available for more expansion to take care of the demand.

Unregistered Guest

If banking sector sheds jobs, foreign talents in Singapore might be recalled. If they all exercise their "diplomatic clause" in the tenancy agreements, there will be many empty apartments. Shudder...!

Unregistered Guest

If banking sector sheds jobs, foreign talents in Singapore might be recalled. If they all exercise their "diplomatic clause" in the tenancy agreements, there will be many empty apartments. Shudder...!
    Major banks, including the foreign ones, are all hiring in Singapore. There is a shortage of manpower for them.

Unregistered Guest

Exactly.

Who is he anyway?
    Ya lor, I just said I went lunch with this analyst and thats what I've heard from him and this idiot starts to shoot me like I have dig his ass without paying $$$.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Residential rents seen rising further

Singapore doesn't have so many people - 4.5 million is much lower than any major city. In fact, Singapore is no. 35 globally. The govt. wants to increase it to 6+ million, but its not that easy. HK is 7.5+M

Singapore still has a lot of available land to build on. Whole areas of Pasir Ris, Senkang and Punggol are available. Woodlands is mostly empty, same for many other places on the north-south line. The story is similar in the west side (Boon Lay etc.)

If your friend is talking from a 20 year perspective, then we could agree with him. In the short term - 1 to 4 years from now, there is ample supply in the market + space available for more expansion to take care of the demand.
    Ok, accept yr reasoning not like that moron who starts barking like a mad dog. But having said that, I am still of the opinion that our property prices have been lagging behind major cities such as HK and 2007 boom was just catching up scenario. I still believe we have at least 10-20% room to go up. Lets not forget inflation goes in tandem with property prices.

Unregistered Guest

You are the only sane person in this forum

Unregistered Guest

Ok, accept yr reasoning not like that moron who starts barking like a mad dog. But having said that, I am still of the opinion that our property prices have been lagging behind major cities such as HK and 2007 boom was just catching up scenario. I still believe we have at least 10-20% room to go up. Lets not forget inflation goes in tandem with property prices.
    Wah! HongKong shoot up 1,017. 4.4% you know?

Unregistered Guest

Wah! HongKong shoot up 1,017. 4.4% you know?
    Why China so bad meh? Only 0.05%.

Unregistered Guest

Hahaha ... this post is funny.

One person saying he ate "buddha jump over the wall" and sour grape says that the person "jump over the wall".

The words all mixed up. Which confirms my hypothesis that ... sour grapes are maids !!!

Refer to my previous post in response to a sour grape who said that "My agent just called me and said that this weekend the firesale will pick momentum. All signs point to a big meltdown."

Scenario 3 - Sour Grape's "Agent" is not a Property Agent but a Maid Agent because Sour Grape is actually a Maid

Sour grape did not mention what type of agent. I suspect it could be a maid agent, and sour grape is actually a maid.

Here is my points to validate this hypothesis:

1. Property ownership in Singapore is almost 100% (85% HDB and 15% Private) hence a sour grape who hopes the property market to crash must be someone who does not own a property. Hence a maid fits this profile.

2. The maid agent told the maid "Go to market must bring cash."

Then the maid heard wrongly and kept posting here "Market going to crash."
    Can you imagine what will happen if the boss tells the sour maid to buy "buddha jump over the wall"?

The undertaker will have business loh ...

Unregistered Guest

Maybe the sour maid thinks that guy is a budda and wanna worship him?

Unregistered Guest

Maybe the sour maid thinks that guy is a budda and wanna worship him?
    Jump over the wall to worship him?

Unregistered Guest

Hahaha ... this post is funny.

One person saying he ate "buddha jump over the wall" and sour grape says that the person "jump over the wall".

The words all mixed up. Which confirms my hypothesis that ... sour grapes are maids !!!

Refer to my previous post in response to a sour grape who said that "My agent just called me and said that this weekend the firesale will pick momentum. All signs point to a big meltdown."

Can you imagine what will happen if the boss tells the sour maid to buy "buddha jump over the wall"?

The undertaker will have business loh ...
    Must be some1 working in maid agency.

Unregistered Guest

Must be some1 working in maid agency.
    That maddog is a foreigner. He knows nuts about Singapore.

Unregistered Guest

That maddog is a foreigner. He knows nuts about Singapore.
    I bet wit u tis writer is in a maid agent. every words he use involved maids, grapes, dog, foreigner etc.,

Unregistered Guest

I bet wit u tis writer is in a maid agent. every words he use involved maids, grapes, dog, foreigner etc.,
    Maid agents earn big bucks ok!

Look at those big ones like "Nation" and "Advance Link" who have been around for years.

They advertise everyday in the Straits Times and god knows where else ... just the Straits Times ads alone 4 cm x 4 Columns at S$41.38 per column cm = $662 per day.

One month is approximately $20,000.

Their business volume must be quite big to sustain that kind of operating costs.

Unregistered Guest

Maid agents earn big bucks ok!

Look at those big ones like "Nation" and "Advance Link" who have been around for years.

They advertise everyday in the Straits Times and god knows where else ... just the Straits Times ads alone 4 cm x 4 Columns at S$41.38 per column cm = $662 per day.

One month is approximately $20,000.

Their business volume must be quite big to sustain that kind of operating costs.
    Many also open and closed

Unregistered Guest

Different person lah you fool!

Unregistered Guest

Rent rate going up? R U kidding me?? How come so many TOPed units blank blank like ghost house.
    Many people are renting HDB lah. That the causes of rise.

Unregistered Guest

Yes, singapore only managed to rise its population by 500k. From 4m to 4.5m.
    Still far below target of 6.5m ithink.

Futhermore did you notice at kopitiam a lot of old uncle and auntie with only a few years left??
    If you notice ah, many you know old people here.
    If they are gone, sorry for that, The population back to 4 m. LOL