Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Suites @ Central (D9, Freehold, Keppel/CES)

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Are you looking for higher than $2,000 psf, Andy? Good news for you!
    The Suites at Central has a nëw hïgh of $2,141 psf!

The Suites At Central
    Address .............................. psf ............... Area ........... Price ...........
    Contract Date
    57B Devonshire Road #30-05 .... $2,141 psf .... 1,765 sqft .... $3,780,000 .... 20 Jan 10
    back in manhattan now ..

last week when i was in spore .. viewed a 4+1 bedroom ... very good layout ... asking 2000 psf...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    back in manhattan now ..

last week when i was in spore .. viewed a 4+1 bedroom ... very good layout ... asking 2000 psf...

current selling price still around 2000-2200 psf?

any update from agent ?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You said previously Suites@Central very good layout? May be you have not seen enough of these properties. I didn't find the layout to be very good although I won't say bad either. However, I hate it when their so-called private lift lobby at L1 exposes you to the sun and rain! What so "private" about that type of design? Also, when I was there, it began to rain the huge amount of water torrents down to basement car park. Horrible! Hope their water pumps in underground car park won't break down!

current selling price still around 2000-2200 psf?

any update from agent ?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You said previously Suites@Central very good layout? May be you have not seen enough of these properties. I didn't find the layout to be very good although I won't say bad either. However, I hate it when their so-called private lift lobby at L1 exposes you to the sun and rain! What so "private" about that type of design? Also, when I was there, it began to rain the huge amount of water torrents down to basement car park. Horrible! Hope their water pumps in underground car park won't break down!
    i visited a 2 bedder and a 4 bedder ... thot the 4bedder layout was good but facing so so ...

revisitng this forum cos i find the psf for Suites and One Devonshire seem to havev stagnated ...

Cheap for a reason? (I believe so for Suites@Central case. Not sure about One Devonshire though).

i visited a 2 bedder and a 4 bedder ... thot the 4bedder layout was good but facing so so ...

revisitng this forum cos i find the psf for Suites and One Devonshire seem to havev stagnated ...

Recent rentals in the area has been very much affected.

Partly due to the massive number of constructions in the area and the number of projects coming onstream.

Currently, I believe 1,900 psf for a 2BR is easy to get.

But need to caution buyers, this is a negative cashflow project on a mthly basis. The monthly rentals cannot cover the loan instalments + outgoings. So, if interest goes up a little, cashflow will be tough.

Do wait, prices will be down moderately in the next 3-6 mths.

st thomas suites has just obtained its TOP. the test for the big units is here now.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    st thomas suites has just obtained its TOP. the test for the big units is here now.
    nice furnishing

Lousy location there - so to speak. 1 small and narrow St Thomas road winding into there, so many old and eye-sore buildings along the way. Easy place to kidnap the rich (by hiding in the slump)?

nope. 2 of the old ones have been en-bloc and replaced by Skyline 360 and the killer, MM Espada. when completed, i think there is greater concern about how narrow the road is than afraid of being kidnapped hahaha.

Lousy location there - so to speak. 1 small and narrow St Thomas road winding into there, so many old and eye-sore buildings along the way. Easy place to kidnap the rich (by hiding in the slump)?

I think there are 2 entrances to Espada....

nope. 2 of the old ones have been en-bloc and replaced by Skyline 360 and the killer, MM Espada. when completed, i think there is greater concern about how narrow the road is than afraid of being kidnapped hahaha.

Still have some more old & ugly ones lah, e.g. Sam Kiang Mansion & St Thomas Court?

st thomas court is not too old and sam kiang mansion is almost landlocked but not too old either lah. ugly compared to the new ones maybe but who cares.

Still have some more old & ugly ones lah, e.g. Sam Kiang Mansion & St Thomas Court?

espada, even if 2 entrances also no use, still on the same 1 lane 2 way street. doesn't really help.

Quote Originally Posted by chuays
    I think there are 2 entrances to Espada....

espada, even if 2 entrances also no use, still on the same 1 lane 2 way street. doesn't really help.
    u went to c st thomas suites liao ar?

not much view rite...looks very cramped there....

Nope...but I think most of the units are Espada would be tenanted to foreign singles or couples....and based on this profile...they may not own cars...so traffic may not be so much of a concern. Whereas for OD or Skyline 360...units are big for families with children, and most likely to own cars....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

yes, i agree. but the road still doesn't look like its able to support all the traffic without discomfort. Residences @ Kiliney and One Devonshire for Kiliney road already may cause some discomfort to the single lane to and fro along kiliney road. then add more of the same for st thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by chuays
    Nope...but I think most of the units are Espada would be tenanted to foreign singles or couples....and based on this profile...they may not own cars...so traffic may not be so much of a concern. Whereas for OD or Skyline 360...units are big for families with children, and most likely to own cars....

lazy to walk there. waste time. would rather do some jogging along singapore river, healthier.

i think when everything is completed, could really feel a bit cramped. can get orchard view but if Beaumont en-bloc then siao liao. the rest of the views will be pocketed. not shiok. given the size/quantum, could be tough to go much further than 2100psf, like suites @ central.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

lazy to walk there. waste time. would rather do some jogging along singapore river, healthier.

i think when everything is completed, could really feel a bit cramped. can get orchard view but if Beaumont en-bloc then siao liao. the rest of the views will be pocketed. not shiok. given the size/quantum, could be tough to go much further than 2100psf, like suites @ central.
    i only like the metz over there....the rest no views one so to speak

duno leh....my mentality: must have gd views for paying such top dollar....

if MM like illuminaire....nvm lor...buy to let out nia....

yes, i agree. but the road still doesn't look like its able to support all the traffic without discomfort. Residences @ Kiliney and One Devonshire for Kiliney road already may cause some discomfort to the single lane to and fro along kiliney road. then add more of the same for st thomas.

cairnhill circle also same problem .. one way in , one way out .. supporting Lights@cairnhill, Cairnhill Residences, HillTops, Promont... when all TOP .. sure jam

Alamat, already jam now. Don't need to wait till all TOP!

cairnhill circle also same problem .. one way in , one way out .. supporting Lights@cairnhill, Cairnhill Residences, HillTops, Promont... when all TOP .. sure jam

Alamat, already jam now. Don't need to wait till all TOP!
    right

i always like areas where there are more than 1 point of entry/exit ...

even for say D5 ..pasir panjang .. make sure you are new the end part, like Clementi rd or South buona vista road ..

so to me Varsity park, Stellar are better than Clementi woods ..

similarly, Maylea, Balmeg are better than Juluca

in that aspect .. i dun like those condos in Tanjong Rhu

or Amaryllis .. come out of condo MUST always turn left !!!

or any condos along Bkt timah ..similarly along Dunearn

right

even for say D5 ..pasir panjang .. make sure you are new the end part, like Clementi rd or South buona vista road ..

dunno if i am being anal ... but these are things i consider also ..when looking for a property ...

I do consider this as well. If there is only 1 point of entry/exit, then make sure the point is a 2-lane or 3-lane road, not a single lane road (1 car park beside waiting/blocking/breakdown and all jam up liao!). That is why I don't like those along St Thomas Road or Cairnhill Circle etc.

right

I do consider this as well. If there is only 1 point of entry/exit, then make sure the point is a 2-lane or 3-lane road, not a single lane road (1 car park beside waiting/blocking/breakdown and all jam up liao!). That is why I don't like those along St Thomas Road or Cairnhill Circle etc.

or Barker road ... forever jam ... pity the residents ... many times they have to drive against traffic direction ..

Strange requirement. The most important criteria is my home has to be quiet and peaceful - which probably means it's a quiet and low-traffic 1-or 2 lane road leading to my house. Why would anyone wanna buy a place facing a 3-4 lane busy main road or worst still cross junction that allow you to turn left and right? There are a lot of developments and houses facing 1-2 lane roads that are NOT jammed up everyday. It depends on the building density right? If each building is a 40 storey flat, then the probability of being jammed up at the exit will be higher. Imagine walking out of your house to a 3 lane main road. No way! To each his own.

A always like a long quiet and preferably winding lane leading to my house - nevermind if it's deeper inside.

right