Thread: MAS warn foreign property buyers

Thumbs down MAS warn foreign property buyers

[SINGAPORE] Singapore's central bank has issued a warning to investors about the risks posed by buying property overseas, as high house prices at home prompt a growing number of its residents to invest in real estate abroad.
    A strong Singapore dollar and curbs on mortgage lending at home have encouraged more Singaporeans to buy property in the likes of Britain and Australia, with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) reporting a 43 per cent rise in the value of overseas property transactions handled by local real estate agencies in 2013 compared with 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle View Post
    [SINGAPORE] Singapore's central bank has issued a warning to investors about the risks posed by buying property overseas, as high house prices at home prompt a growing number of its residents to invest in real estate abroad.
    A strong Singapore dollar and curbs on mortgage lending at home have encouraged more Singaporeans to buy property in the likes of Britain and Australia, with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) reporting a 43 per cent rise in the value of overseas property transactions handled by local real estate agencies in 2013 compared with 2012.
    CMs and TDSR partly to blame for the capital outflow. If MAS is worried , they can remove the measures here to reverse the flow.

Buy liao don't Ai Wan. Go in Eyes wide open.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Spot on!
    Singapore stock market pathetic, only Singapore property worth buying. Obviously if nothing to invest in Singapore, then shift money overseas to invest loh!

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    CMs and TDSR partly to blame for the capital outflow. If MAS is worried , they can remove the measures here to reverse the flow.

No need to worry.

Investor should invest overseas with their eyes open. Dont blame the government or anyone when the investment turns sour.

Also when there is too much HOT money pouring into the property markets in those foreign countries, they will also introduce their own CMs.

Everything that goes around, will come around one.

Didn't the govt say caveat emptor? Why need to warn about overseas property investment when loan taken overseas, has nothing to do with local banks and MAS? Funny....................
    Actually, they should warn all Singaporeans about the risks of "investing" in unit trusts especially using CPF money! After these fund managers take a big cut of management fees, return becomes pathetic and many will not have enough to retire!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokono View Post
    No need to worry.

Investor should invest overseas with their eyes open. Dont blame the government or anyone when the investment turns sour.

Also when there is too much HOT money pouring into the property markets in those foreign countries, they will also introduce their own CMs.

Everything that goes around, will come around one.

would it be possible for them to introduce the equivalent of the 3/4 tank rule for petrol

Mas sibeh bo liao , if it is their own doing that resulting in this outcome

You know what? I guess hah: Need to prop up S$ exchange rate to keep inflation in charge, but faced with never ending selling of S$ by people to foreign currency (mostly to buy property overseas)..... Like that how to withstand?

Mas sibeh bo liao , if it is their own doing that resulting in this outcome

scared money flow out, bad loan in local banks but hor local banks doesnt want to pay interest to account holder. dont blame people buying overseas property

Kana burn then cry mother cry father blame the sky blame the god. Just make sure Go in eyes wide open.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Default Very Fast

http://news.asiaone.com/news/busines...ithout-licence

Woman charged over marketing foreign properties without licence

Nothing to do with bad loan in local banks because of TDSR.......
    More like scared money flowing out continually because trying to prop up S$ but getting hit with continual lots of selling of S$ and feeling hectic to support S$..................

scared money flow out, bad loan in local banks but hor local banks doesnt want to pay interest to account holder. dont blame people buying overseas property

will MAS warn foreign investors for buying spore property with overinflated price?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Nothing to do with bad loan in local banks because of TDSR.......
    More like scared money flowing out continually because trying to prop up S$ but getting hit with continual lots of selling of S$ and feeling hectic to support S$..................
    Talk cock lah . If mas scare they will apply a measure n not warn pple. Only cock peoole can think of this excuse.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Apply measure?
    They dare to apply Capital control?

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Talk cock lah . If mas scare they will apply a measure n not warn pple. Only cock peoole can think of this excuse.

Question :

GIS and Temasek invest hundred of Billion of SGD oversea will it cause the exchange rate to go down?

Just 1 Billion will cause problem ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Question :

GIS and Temasek invest hundred of Billion of SGD oversea will it cause the exchange rate to go down?

they invested hundred of billion of USD oversea

i am talking over my head.
    Maybe GIC, Temasek dont actually transfer SGD outside. perhaps they use some financing lines etc.

i mean, which foreign govt/foreign company wants to hold hundred of billion of SGD?

Question :

Precisely .....!!!!!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

This you will have to ask MAS why $1b selling of S$ so big problem to them to need them to give warning?

Also, it is really $1b or much more than that?

Oh yes, their hundred of billion is accumulated over many years, not just 1 year, and at a time when they want S$ to be weaker, so not comparable as you ask about now when they want S$ to be stronger and want people to help them buy up S$ instead of selling S$ like many people doing now (eg to buy property overseas).

Question :

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...property-risks

It noted that Singaporeans poured $2 billion into foreign property last year based on deals done by real estate agencies here - 43 per cent up on the $1.4 billion invested in 2012.

MAS warned investors to take note of the risks before taking the plunge, including the challenges of dealing with an unfamiliar foreign market, particularly market conditions that can affect supply and demand. "Those who over-extend themselves will face increased vulnerability should prices decline sharply," it said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...s-economy.html

The investments by GIC, which manages more than $100 billion of assets, in Latin America’s largest economy come as the government of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff is combating inflation with interest rate increases, while sustaining growth. Growth in gross domestic product is expected to accelerate to 2.5 percent in 2015 from 1.9 percent this year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That’s more than double the rate in 2012.

Your quoted figure of $2 BILLION only include deals done by Singapore local real estate agencies.
    It does not include those who bought through overseas real estate agents! (e.g. I have 2 friends who flew to UK to buy properties directly there, but their figures are not included in your quoted $2B).

It noted that Singaporeans poured $2 billion into foreign property last year based on deals done by real estate agencies here - 43 per cent up on the $1.4 billion invested in 2012.

MAS warned investors to take note of the risks before taking the plunge, including the challenges of dealing with an unfamiliar foreign market, particularly market conditions that can affect supply and demand. "Those who over-extend themselves will face increased vulnerability should prices decline sharply," it said.

Maybe MAS also need to warn HNW about investing with Funds

we small fish invest over sea kenna warning
    HNW investing, MAS tiam tiam

MAS also should warn people about investing in Unit Trusts / Mutual Funds!
    These UTs got so high expense ratios that many people will end up worst off than putting their money in the banks!

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Maybe MAS also need to warn HNW about investing with Funds

we small fish invest over sea kenna warning
    HNW investing, MAS tiam tiam

MAS also should warn people about investing in Unit Trusts / Mutual Funds!
    These UTs got so high expense ratios that many people will end up worst off than putting their money in the banks!
    Yalor

Lehman Bro still fresh in my mind

though am not vested there
    so when our Sovereign Fund and banks advocate, I shiam far far
    scare scare

I still remember that time I went to bank to place my CASH in fixed deposits, and they tried to sell me structured deposits, telling me that this is no difference from fixed deposits but with much higher returns!

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Yalor

Lehman Bro still fresh in my mind

though am not vested there
    so when our Sovereign Fund and banks advocate, I shiam far far
    scare scare

I still remember that time I went to bank to place my CASH in fixed deposits, and they tried to sell me structured deposits, telling me that this is no difference from fixed deposits but with much higher returns!
    Teddy Sir

when things are too good and speaker too flowery, be cautious

recently 1 big short mentioned

"RISK FREE"

I got cold feet

ok, I go out and HEOW liao

Good night Sir

Your quoted figure of $2 BILLION only include deals done by Singapore local real estate agencies.
    It does not include those who bought through overseas real estate agents! (e.g. I have 2 friends who flew to UK to buy properties directly there, but their figures are not included in your quoted $2B).
    Talk cock. U want to see cock so all u see is cock. The message also mis read. Really cock eye. Cock Koo brain.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Coz u look cock mah. I don't this problem with my private banker leh.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH