Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy car or property?

Default Buy car or property?

Why har?

I read news... COE drop.. everyone chiong buy car?

Anyone knows of any kanchiong spider friends who went to showroom last weekend to buy car? pls share with us why they cannot wait for coe to drop further har?

Buy property better right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Why har?

Anyone knows of any kanchiong spider friends who went to showroom last weekend to buy car? pls share with us why they cannot wait for coe to drop further har?

Maybe they already have a property?

The COE is unlikely to drop in a straight line trend. It will yoyo up and down for months. People who need cars quite urgently may see this as a gap to enter.

You need 100K to buy car, property needs minimum 5 times that.

Properties can be used to earn money, cars can also be used to earn money.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Why har?

when many pple are waiting to buy, how much can coe drop?
    Ong lai ah!

Singaporeans very rich is my verdict...

Very very very cash rich....

I don't think it will drop too. My brother and I each bought a car yesterday. Most people at the showroom actually booked the car. Not there to look see look see.

Singaporeans all very cash rich.

Toyota Wish cost SGD 60,000 with COE in 2006, if you have SGD 100,000 cash will you buy condo or car.

buy properties need to pay ABSD. And pay more tax if needs to sell within 4 years. Cars are more liquid in that sense. You can buy few cars at one go, without incurring additional tax. You can sell the cars within one year and not kenna penalties.

But cars are depreciating assets, right? You get nothing at the end. I would think one needs a car if your job requires it or if you have elderly or very young children.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Toyota Wish cost SGD 60,000 with COE in 2006, if you have SGD 100,000 cash will you buy condo or car.
    100k only enough to pay for stamp duty for a 1mil property.(2nd one)... take out $1 buy next friday toto better.. 5MILLION!!!
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    I don't think it will drop too. My brother and I each bought a car yesterday. Most people at the showroom actually booked the car. Not there to look see look see.

AH.. FINALLY..

So may i know wat prompted u to buy a new car now? ur current car coe finishing soon? or u r put off by high ppty prices?

Actually i also wish to buy a wish But hor the wish is so expensive. So my wish to buy a wish is gone.. lol

AH.. FINALLY..

So may i know wat prompted u to buy a new car now? ur current car coe finishing soon? or u r put off by high ppty prices?

Baby here. Need a bigger car. My car is 3 yrs old. My bro car is old. So we bite the bullet. Already bought properties last year.

Baby here. Need a bigger car. My car is 3 yrs old. My bro car is old. So we bite the bullet. Already bought properties last year.

Jus curious, when u buy ur car, did the bank did a risk analysis on u. Eg. TDSR type of assessment? cos u mentioned u jus bought a house as well recently?

I mean of cos if u paid in full cash, then obviously not.

Yeah, I bought at a high and can only console myself....maybe go travelling around in the car and sell all properties and migrate...ha ha ha....lol...

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Yeah, I bought at a high and can only console myself....maybe go travelling around in the car and sell all properties and migrate...ha ha ha....lol...
    A car park in the parking lot most of the time is a expensive car, a car well use is a cheap car.

My first cheap car in France.

My Second cheap car.

My Third cheap car

Also in 2006, Metropolitan was only 780psf.

The high level of demand led CapitaLand to open the condominium's sales office an hour early at 9am on Saturday.

It also means that almost half of The Metropolitan's 382 units have been snapped up, even before its official launch this weekend.

CapitaLand said the overwhelming response led it to offer a second batch of 70 units on Sunday on top of the original 180 units slated for preview sale.

Prices at the project range from $511,000 for a 778 sq ft two-bedder on the fifth floor to $1.45 million for a 1,700 sq ft, four-bedroom unit on the 42nd floor.

This works out to an average of $780 per sq ft (psf), compared with about $750 psf for nearby Tanglin View, a 99-year leasehold condominium by Far East Organization that was launched in 1997 and still has 30 of its 384 units unsold.

Time wait for no man, knowing what is important and what is not.

June 2006 brought 2 Bedroom @ Southbank, one week later agent call say got interested buyer, I say ok one Toyota Wish, agent say where got this price.

Lucky the buyer never offer or the agent never advise the buyer. Must say thank Lord.

Jus curious, when u buy ur car, did the bank did a risk analysis on u. Eg. TDSR type of assessment? cos u mentioned u jus bought a house as well recently?

I mean of cos if u paid in full cash, then obviously not.
    They checked but all good to go.

Why har?

a friend just paid cash for new 2.5L jap car last week, after waiting for 4 yrs to enter ppty mkt and give up waiting.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz View Post
    a friend just paid cash for new 2.5L jap car last week, after waiting for 4 yrs to enter ppty mkt and give up waiting.
    ur fren seow leow... put money in fd still got 1% -- go n buy car?? but of course, if need to use car, and 10years up, den bo pian..
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz View Post
    Thx for the info.

Yep sad story... one of my friend also same scenario.

They checked but all good to go.

oic... so they do really check the financials these days....

Was wundering if we ever put a deposit for a car.. then bank loan not approve duno will kenna makan deposit or not har? hehehe

Thx for the info.

Yep sad story... one of my friend also same scenario.
    Can afford to pay full cash for car? Not really sad story leh.

Missed out on property? That is sometimes luck and the outcome of "betting" on it. As long as still have income and roof over head, quite lucky already.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Can afford to pay full cash for car? Not really sad story leh.

Missed out on property? That is sometimes luck and the outcome of "betting" on it. As long as still have income and roof over head, quite lucky already.
    No la.. dun tink they paid in full cash for the car... rather i tink quietly in their heart they still wish to have invested in a ppty instead...

But problem is that even now with all the talk by govt that ppty is slowing down (both pte & hdb etc) the price has already reached quite high. So the new high is a million dollar for a decent size ppty minimum. If we want better location then its like $1.2m up.

Unless the regular buyer dun wish to retire in 30yrs time... its pretty hard to commit to big loans these days..

No la.. dun tink they paid in full cash for the car... rather i tink quietly in their heart they still wish to have invested in a ppty instead...

But problem is that even now with all the talk by govt that ppty is slowing down (both pte & hdb etc) the price has already reached quite high. So the new high is a million dollar for a decent size ppty minimum. If we want better location then its like $1.2m up.

Unless the regular buyer dun wish to retire in 30yrs time... its pretty hard to commit to big loans these days..
    If a person wants to retire in 30 years time, he saves 1k a month.... instead of saving the 1k a month in the bank... he uses this to pay for the investment condo... (he also uses rental to pay for the mortgage). After 30 years, condo fully paid... he gets monthly income of 2.5k till he dies... possible scenario

So what if he loses a job - if he has that fear - dont buy lor.
    what if prices drop - if he has that fear - dont buy lor
    what if he cannot afford, if like that- dont buy lor
    what if no increment over the next few years, - dont buy lor

There are many reasons not to buy and there are also many reasons to buy... Just find the reasons that fit the person lor... if more negative, dont buy lor... hahahahahaha like that, can sleep better... there are always options and choices...

the last bit very scarry... what if never invest at all and money erode by inflation, how to retire... go back to rule 1. invest for retirement... vicious cycle again... hahahahahaha
    Last edited by chestnut; 20-05-14 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    If a person wants to retire in 30 years time, he saves 1k a month.... instead of saving the 1k a month in the bank... he uses this to pay for the investment condo... (he also uses rental to pay for the mortgage). After 30 years, condo fully paid... he gets monthly income of 2.5k till he dies... possible scenario

There are many reasons not to buy and there are also many reasons to buy... Just find the reasons that fit the person lor... if more negative, dont buy lor... hahahahahaha like that, can sleep better... there are always options and choices...

the last bit very scarry... what if never invest at all and money erode by inflation, how to retire... go back to rule 1. invest for retirement... vicious cycle again... hahahahahaha
    $2.5K + $1k from CPF life payout =$3.5k
    Can live rather comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post

Definitely right. There are at least half a dozen methods for income growth and preservation. If trust in the feasibility of property, why not go for it? If don't trust, then why go for it?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    $2.5K + $1k from CPF life payout =$3.5k
    Can live rather comfortably.
    If got a retiring wife still not very comfortable yet. Assuming she got 1K from the payout, it is $4.5K a month for two.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    ur fren seow leow... put money in fd still got 1% -- go n buy car?? but of course, if need to use car, and 10years up, den bo pian..
    got taxi or bus and train. take a mix can take a life time with the cost of running n owning a car.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs