Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: One St Michael (D12, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild
    i think the 1st thing we will do when we get the keys is to check out the view from 20++ floor from our balcony... and see if we can see what you mentioned...

went to the lawyer a few days back and know that the previous owner bought the unit first hand from developer at $818800. we bought at sub-sale $870000. think it wasnt that bad a deal...
    told u ,u r very lucky,u only paid extra $51.28K ,d $ used to pay agt and stamp fees,seller earn nothing.I paid extra $103K to seller....did u find d unit urself or thru agt recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Since you are from ground zero, living above 20++ floor right in city area will be a wow feeling when you collect your key first time. With bay windows and full height Sliding balcony , you are literally standing high in the sky. The view will be even more fantastic esp in the nite. Heat and Wind - It also depend on your layout and orientation. If N-S then no afternoon heat and normally very windy day and nite. I hardly turn on my air-con even a nite sleep with fan and window slight open for ventilation. Make sure your lighting contractor do a good job, no hanging light should fall off b'cos of wind !!

Noise and sound is a relative thing - you don't live in the city and aspect no noise from the car/human traffics below. After a while, you become atune to it. At higher floor less a issue. If you stay at the top lagi best - don't worry about heat from ceiling or water tank problem. This is a Condo - even HDB has improved on this aspect many years ago. Firework yes - can see and from OSM can probably hear the sound too !!!
    Hi, thanks for ur info...waiting anxiously for TOP.Often went to OL as my sis is staying there but is low floor facing pool.
    The environment is nice and people living in OL are quite gd standard...drove BMW, mercedes,toyota,nissan,vw,jaguar....etc.of course some r w/o cars (coz near mrt),mainly are working parents or modern hsewife and parents who want to send d sons to St.Andrew Sch.Didn't see any ah beng there oveall feeling is quite class and a mix of Ang mo tenant.The mgm staff are kind too.

Hopefully,OSM residents standard are same like OL....

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Since you are from ground zero, living above 20++ floor right in city area will be a wow feeling when you collect your key first time. With bay windows and full height Sliding balcony , you are literally standing high in the sky. The view will be even more fantastic esp in the nite. Heat and Wind - It also depend on your layout and orientation. If N-S then no afternoon heat and normally very windy day and nite. I hardly turn on my air-con even a nite sleep with fan and window slight open for ventilation. Make sure your lighting contractor do a good job, no hanging light should fall off b'cos of wind !!

Noise and sound is a relative thing - you don't live in the city and aspect no noise from the car/human traffics below. After a while, you become atune to it. At higher floor less a issue. If you stay at the top lagi best - don't worry about heat from ceiling or water tank problem. This is a Condo - even HDB has improved on this aspect many years ago. Firework yes - can see and from OSM can probably hear the sound too !!!
    Btw,how's ur renovation....which id u use.U r top flr so must be very nicely done up avoid blocking d view....any mirror u use?

thank you... i have mentioned somewhere in this forum b4 i almost bought a OSM 10th floor unit facing potong pasir (stack 3) for $880k. the owner die die didnt want to sell to me at $880k. so i moved on and found this unit through the same agent. this unit is like so many times better... more than 10 units higher and facing the city (stack 2) and at $870k (paid less $10k) haha...

yes, i got this unit through an agent. apparently he has a few units on hand from OSM...

Quote Originally Posted by tan
    told u ,u r very lucky,u only paid extra $51.28K ,d $ used to pay agt and stamp fees,seller earn nothing.I paid extra $103K to seller....did u find d unit urself or thru agt recommend?

oh.. you mean you paid a lot above valuation? $103k? wow! thats a lot... is it stack 2? you think stack 2 is the best stack there? is yours the highest floor? i bought it also hoping that my son can get into st andrews... hehe...

i got it at a time when the shares were tumbling down and everyday we hear bad news. we took about 1 week to finalise this sales. it was at a time when many things seem uncertain. everyone was saying property prices will drop and especially by year end. better to wait and see and buy later. at the look of things, dont seem like it... prices seem to be going up or rather not dropping much ...

i got it at a time when the shares were tumbling down and everyday we hear bad news. we took about 1 week to finalise this sales. it was at a time when many things seem uncertain. everyone was saying property prices will drop and especially by year end. better to wait and see and buy later. at the look of things, dont seem like it... prices seem to be going up or rather not dropping much ...
    When was that? Roughly end Feb or early March?

If some analysts 'predicting' W-shaped recovery .. just wonder if there is going to be another dip .. haha.

we started looking for a unit at OSM in feb and got it in march

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    When was that? Roughly end Feb or early March?

If some analysts 'predicting' W-shaped recovery .. just wonder if there is going to be another dip .. haha.

Hi,

Any OL owner who got young kids can share whether do you need to install the gate @ door & windows to prevent kids fall ? esp those stay @ high floor ?

oh.. you mean you paid a lot above valuation? $103k? wow! thats a lot... is it stack 2? you think stack 2 is the best stack there? is yours the highest floor? i bought it also hoping that my son can get into st andrews... hehe...

i got it at a time when the shares were tumbling down and everyday we hear bad news. we took about 1 week to finalise this sales. it was at a time when many things seem uncertain. everyone was saying property prices will drop and especially by year end. better to wait and see and buy later. at the look of things, dont seem like ... prices seem to be going up or rather not dropping much ...

U bought it at right timing.
    Mine is stack 5, 4rm.Think stack 2 and stack 5 r gd coz front and kitchen no blockage....ur living is 33sqm so be prepare it'll be quite small Previously,hv bought a 3rm unit in other condo 1200sqft ,living rm same size as urs not small rgt but coz of the baywindow the living room is so small (is ok if u have only 1 kid).

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Hi neighbour too! I am across the road at Platinum Edge. Like yourself, I am staying above 15 storeys too!

Agree that the view up there is spectacular. While you look in the CBD, I have 270degrees unblocked view (thanks to St Andrew's Village which is low rise which allows me to see Bishan/Toa Payoh and whole of Woodleigh/Serangoon area which is also low rise) on the other side. Basically I really see how much open spaces, or vacant plots of land, around Potong Pasir the minute I look out of the window everyday.

The thing is that I am thinking of making the same sort of windows at my mom's place. Found it nice and classy. Wonder if you know who is the sub-contractor for just the windows frames? Saw some OL residents modifying the windows to install additional grilles to the open area; hence I thought you might know who the sub-con is.

Apologies for posting this in this thread.

Hi, OL door gate, window grilles (add on bars) are appointed by 1 contractor ,can gv u the no if u want (preferably n is recommended by OL mgmt) coz all must be the same colour and design.If u mean the original window frames then should be the china contruction but other contractor should know how to do it.

Red face

U bought it at right timing.
    Mine is stack 5, 4rm.Think stack 2 and stack 5 r gd coz front and kitchen no blockage....ur living is 33sqm so be prepare it'll be quite small Previously,hv bought a 3rm unit in other condo 1200sqft ,living rm same size as urs not small rgt but coz of the baywindow the living room is so small (is ok if u have only 1 kid).
    Act gv seller earn $100K is not so much la,after deduct stamp fees,agt fees d seller only earn $50+K, if we sell the unit atleast - expenses we want to earn $100K rgt? Somemore this unit is new,high floor (also save renovation $$ )....look at old hdb and condo some owner make a profit of min $130k-$350K. D seller must have no choice but to sell now,if thy rent out the unit to cover loan,wait property up and woodville interchange ready 2-3yrs then sell should fetch a better price....is our luck n fate to bought it.

as much as i do not want to install window grilles, i think i do not have much of a choice since i have very young children at home. please give me the contact of the appointed contractor to have it fixed if it is allowed. thank you

Hi, OL door gate, window grilles (add on bars) are appointed by 1 contractor ,can gv u the no if u want (preferably n is recommended by OL mgmt) coz all must be the same colour and design.If u mean the original window frames then should be the china contruction but other contractor should know how to do it.

as much as i do not want to install window grilles, i think i do not have much of a choice since i have very young children at home. please give me the contact of the appointed contractor to have it fixed if it is allowed. thank you

Just install add on bar will do, center windows can't open.
    When u get ur key,in OSM will there'll be a display of 1 door gate design only (all residents must install the same one) and be given the contractor no,so no need to worry.
    Not sure if same contractor as OL but I've received a mailer regarding OSM door gate design from same contractor-David (who incharge of OL door gate and grille) , if not wrong thy co should also incharge of OSM door gate and grille too,thy also do renovation work.
    Have lost the no but will get the no from OL mgmt when I pass by.
    Still hv to compare the prices with ur own contractor too.
    Btw ,how old r your kids?

I think to install also...as i have 2 children...2 yrs old + and 9 mths.....

my kids are 5 years old and 8 months old... better install for peace of mind...

Just install add on bar will do, center windows can't open.
    When u get ur key,in OSM will there'll be a display of 1 door gate design only (all residents must install the same one) and be given the contractor no,so no need to worry.
    Not sure if same contractor as OL but I've received a mailer regarding OSM door gate design from same contractor-David (who incharge of OL door gate and grille) , if not wrong thy co should also incharge of OSM door gate and grille too,thy also do renovation work.
    Have lost the no but will get the no from OL mgmt when I pass by.
    Still hv to compare the prices with ur own contractor too.
    Btw ,how old r your kids?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInPink
    I think to install also...as i have 2 children...2 yrs old + and 9 mths.....
    Better install grille or door gate but the balcony can't install grille (condo rules)can install the grilles inside balcony only.... it'll looks like in a jail...

u know we wanted to buy buy buy at this great singapore sale. but dont know the measurement here and there. like wanted to buy a king size bed for the master bedroom. but not sure can fit. wanted to buy this 2 door fridge and dont know kitchen big or small... sigh...
    only can buy stereo... can we quickly hear the news on TOP soon please... i want to celebrate my girl's 1 year old bd at the new place in oct... hehe

Better install grille or door gate but the balcony can't install grille (condo rules)can install the grilles inside balcony only.... it'll looks like in a jail...

u know we wanted to buy buy buy at this great singapore sale. but dont know the measurement here and there. like wanted to buy a king size bed for the master bedroom. but not sure can fit. wanted to buy this 2 door fridge and dont know kitchen big or small... sigh...
    only can buy stereo... can we quickly hear the news on TOP soon please... i want to celebrate my girl's 1 year old bd at the new place in oct... hehe
    Ur girl one year old bday in OCT ? haha...my son also....one year old bday in OCT.

see your private msg...

Ur girl one year old bday in OCT ? haha...my son also....one year old bday in OCT.

see your private msg...
    replied you.

pte messaging wor.... so kinky

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    pte messaging wor.... so kinky
    mummies talk....u cant join....

drove past OSM just now and wanted to turn in but stopped by an indian guy, not security guard but said he is main contractor. we spoke to him... he said overall the fittings all done. should TOP around 10 jul... hope it is earlier than that!

mummies talk....u cant join....
    I respect mummies privacy

Default opinions please?

Hi, thinking of buying from sub-sale. Is the 4th floor the lowest? Owner asking for 770psf stack 2, i feel it's a bit chop-chop? Some help? Don't want to end up carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer
    Hi, thinking of buying from sub-sale. Is the 4th floor the lowest? Owner asking for 770psf stack 2, i feel it's a bit chop-chop? Some help? Don't want to end up carrot.
    OFFER HIM $700PSF WITH A CHEQUE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS......
    don just offer with mouth

try offering 700psf for ulu ulu lakeshore n centris in jurong and owners mite nt even be bothered to entertain u. If u cnsider 7xx or 8xx psf for a central condo expensive, u may want to find ur home in woodlands whch seems to fit ur profile mre

i have been talking to this other forummer on this 4th floor unit. he wanted to buy it very much. but the owner kept upping the price. in the end, he gave up. i think the owner is waiting for a carrot to chop. for that unit no, i wont even touch... not very nice numbers leh...

oh... sorry... i thot it is the 2 bedder. if it is stack 2 then it is the 3 bedder. then it is not the unit i mentioned earlier. i paid $735psf in march for the subsale unit i bought. i think property prices have gone up a bit... so $770psf... you go figure out...

Thanks for the advice. It is the 2 bedder, stack 4. I meant 2nd block earlier post.