Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: One St Michael (D12, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

I have also encountered other huge disparities for some other properties.

It makes me wonder whether the seller or agent actually knows how to sell their property!!

For example: Seller asking for $730K (D19) while the bank evaluated $650K. This is a different of $80K.
    If we were to borrow 80% of $650K, that will mean that we will have to cough out $210K ($130k + $80k) Cash!!!

Buyer must be very cash rich to cough out $210K Cash and if really so cash rich, then why go for D19?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by lasersharp
    Hi, I checked the val recently for this place thru mortgage bankers. There is a huge disparity between what sellers are asking and what the valuers are valuing! And this disparity is strange given that One Leicester is valued better and both these are closeby!

ARe the valuers overly pessimistic?

Haha.. agree completely! Everyone (the sellers I mean) seems to think that things are really rosy.. I guess when the rental mkt isnt doing well they will know the reality. I dont see any pick up in hirings of people that can afford 3-7k rental per month for condos

I guess I will wait for some time before hunting again

Quote Originally Posted by golfie
    I have also encountered other huge disparities for some other properties.

It makes me wonder whether the seller or agent actually knows how to sell their property!!

For example: Seller asking for $730K (D19) while the bank evaluated $650K. This is a different of $80K.
    If we were to borrow 80% of $650K, that will mean that we will have to cough out $210K ($130k + $80k) Cash!!!

Buyer must be very cash rich to cough out $210K Cash and if really so cash rich, then why go for D19?!?!?

become friends with the banker... that was what i did. from $800k valuation to $860k... haha

Quote Originally Posted by summer
    I experienced the same. Got the valuation from a few banks and all cannot match the asking price of the sellers. The valuation price was around 10% to 15% lesser than asking price.

Better make friends with the owner so that we can knock some sense into their heads!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild
    become friends with the banker... that was what i did. from $800k valuation to $860k... haha

Hi,hv u find any ID yet? I'm still searching for one....just for ur info d plush living which I'd mention just notice has change to Sky creation- very irresponsible.Should be plush living very bad name now so change co name.Boss is sky-1 man show actually is like an agent,no staff or supervisor,like to boast,did not handover on time,many problems...etc.

Btw, did u go OSM?any new pic to share...very anxious....

have not gotten the ID yet... need to see the interior and know some measurement before looking for one. have not gone down to see OSM also...i am anxious to get news on TOP! really hope can renovate and move in by 20 aug (ghost month starts 20 aug). want to see fireworks on national day too! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by tan
    Hi,hv u find any ID yet? I'm still searching for one....just for ur info d plush living which I'd mention just notice has change to Sky creation- very irresponsible.Should be plush living very bad name now so change co name.Boss is sky-1 man show actually is like an agent,no staff or supervisor,like to boast,did not handover on time,many problems...etc.

Btw, did u go OSM?any new pic to share...very anxious....

move in by 20 aug n see national day firework? Hello are u singaporean or not?
    have not gotten the ID yet... need to see the interior and know some measurement before looking for one. have not gone down to see OSM also...i am anxious to get news on TOP! really hope can renovate and move in by 20 aug (ghost month starts 20 aug). want to see fireworks on national day too! haha!

Hi,

I think he meant hopefully can move in before 20 AUG...but if can move in before 9 aug too see firework....lagi best....

if can move in by 20 aug, obviously would have gotten the keys to the house right? then can check out if can see fireworks from OSM on 9 aug... sigh... this kind of thing also need to explain

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInPink
    Hi,

I think he meant hopefully can move in before 20 AUG...but if can move in before 9 aug too see firework....lagi best....

if can move in by 20 aug, obviously would have gotten the keys to the house right? then can check out if can see fireworks from OSM on 9 aug... sigh... this kind of thing also need to explain
    ya loh....

wait...you mean 20 July or 20 Aug ? I called yesterday and asked for detailed floor plan. The lady said will send to me once is out. and she said...OSM probably will TOP in Jun & Latest July. They are still working on some internal fixing...

by 20 aug... i figured if we get our keys next month or so... need a few weeks for reno... so best is can get everything done by 20 aug. if no time, reno can only start after ghost month... i.e. 19 sept... then can only move in in oct...

but if we get keys in early aug, can still go to the place to see fireworks on national day 9 aug...

ya loh....

wait...you mean 20 July or 20 Aug ? I called yesterday and asked for detailed floor plan. The lady said will send to me once is out. and she said...OSM probably will TOP in Jun & Latest July. They are still working on some internal fixing...

my sis coming back from new york she needs a 2br which is gonna TOP soon.... saw a few 2br on papers, #02 asking 700k looks like market going up liao.

saw from ura it was 630k and 660k......

anyone knows anyone selling their 936sf 2 br??

cheers

by 20 aug... i figured if we get our keys next month or so... need a few weeks for reno... so best is can get everything done by 20 aug. if no time, reno can only start after ghost month... i.e. 19 sept... then can only move in in oct...

but if we get keys in early aug, can still go to the place to see fireworks on national day 9 aug...
    went down to see OSM, the entrance foyer still have so high sand not clear yet,someone gave wrong info that everthing done up!...think atleast 2 weeks to TOP..... so eg. if TOP 3rd week (no defect),get key 1st week July,renov 5weeks...should be able to shift in b4 july mth',19 aug.

spoke to a friend today... she said her agent friend said OSM TOP is in sept! might as well say end year. fed up!

went down to see OSM, the entrance foyer still have so high sand not clear yet,someone gave wrong info that everthing done up!...think atleast 2 weeks to TOP..... so eg. if TOP 3rd week (no defect),get key 1st week July,renov 5weeks...should be able to shift in b4 july mth',19 aug.

i want to buy things for the house during this great singapore sale! need to know how big a fridge i can buy. hehe... really keeping fingers crossed on TOP news soon!

I dun think the TOP will be in Sept as i called the developer before and the lady told me either end of June or mid of July. They still have internal stuffs not yet done.(not exterrior) The sand that you saw could be for internal one.

Default Congrat to OSM occupants

I dun think the TOP will be in Sept as i called the developer before and the lady told me either end of June or mid of July. They still have internal stuffs not yet done.(not exterrior) The sand that you saw could be for internal one.
    I own a top floor unit in OL facing City-side .. still can see a bit of OSM. I think OSM's TOP should be early or mid July 2009. If you have bgt during soft launch time .. congratulation.. FCL not the best or well-known developer but good enough value for money considering both OL and OSM are city-fringe properties. Those on the high floor can see scenic view of city skyline and fireworks. From my vantage pt here at OL, I can see the Flyer and also the 3 towers of Marina Bay IR.

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    I own a top floor unit in OL facing City-side .. still can see a bit of OSM. I think OSM's TOP should be early or mid July 2009. If you have bgt during soft launch time .. congratulation.. FCL not the best or well-known developer but good enough value for money considering both OL and OSM are city-fringe properties. Those on the high floor can see scenic view of city skyline and fireworks. From my vantage pt here at OL, I can see the Flyer and also the 3 towers of Marina Bay IR.

Cheers !
    whats the highest floor in OL ? Hows the quality so far ? ok ?

that's good to hear! always wanted a room with a view wanted to buy citylights back then but listened to some idiots telling me about cross junction and casket being near by blah blah blah... see how much the prices have gone up by! would have made a pile!

Cheers !

Cheers !
    Hey, I stay right across the street from where u live!

By the way, can I ask if u have the contacts of the contractor who supplied the windows for One Leicester? I really like that concept. =)

Thanks!

whats the highest floor in OL ? Hows the quality so far ? ok ?
    OL highest 18th floor wish It could have been 25sty. Anyway I am right on top, fantastic view of east coast (Park way parade, The SeaView, Esta etc) to the kallang Basin (can see the seafront with containership) <S'pore flyer , Marina Bay IR, plus CBD (Sail, UOB) and on Orchard side (SingTel tower with Orchard Central nite LED flashing) to Marriot Hotel (ION Orchard shooting up fast) even to the ARTE and Sky@eleven. That's the wide span of 180 degree view from my planter area.

I am quite happy with the quality given the psf we paid for it. No big problem, minor fixes here and there when i took my key in June last year. Wow almost 1 year already !!

at OSM side I think CityLight might block the view of Marina Bay IR ,, need to see to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Hey, I stay right across the street from where u live!

By the way, can I ask if u have the contacts of the contractor who supplied the windows for One Leicester? I really like that concept. =)

Thanks!
    Hi neighbour , are you in Intero or Platinum Edge ? I am not too sure the contractor - OL main contractor is South China Construction

wow...good news...OSM latest transaction $796 psf. 2 bedroom sold at $745K....

OL highest 18th floor wish It could have been 25sty. Anyway I am right on top, fantastic view of east coast (Park way parade, The SeaView, Esta etc) to the kallang Basin (can see the seafront with containership) <S'pore flyer , Marina Bay IR, plus CBD (Sail, UOB) and on Orchard side (SingTel tower with Orchard Central nite LED flashing) to Marriot Hotel (ION Orchard shooting up fast) even to the ARTE and Sky@eleven. That's the wide span of 180 degree view from my planter area.

I am quite happy with the quality given the psf we paid for it. No big problem, minor fixes here and there when i took my key in June last year. Wow almost 1 year already !!

at OSM side I think CityLight might block the view of Marina Bay IR ,, need to see to confirm

Hi, I've never stay in high floor (I lived in landed) this time bought OSM above 20flr,wanted to know how is the advantages and disadvantages of living in high floor....mm..is it more windy,air fresher,haze,how about in day time is it hotter and raining with lighting...scarry?also any noise...as for top floor, water tank problem or hot in ceiling??
    Btw,should I avoid hanging lights coz of the wind?
    Pls share ur experience.Tks.

Talking Fantastic feeling !

Hi, I've never stay in high floor (I lived in landed) this time bought OSM above 20flr,wanted to know how is the advantages and disadvantages of living in high floor....mm..is it more windy,air fresher,haze,how about in day time is it hotter and raining with lighting...scarry?also any noise...as for top floor, water tank problem or hot in ceiling??
    Btw,should I avoid hanging lights coz of the wind?
    Pls share ur experience.Tks.
    Since you are from ground zero, living above 20++ floor right in city area will be a wow feeling when you collect your key first time. With bay windows and full height Sliding balcony , you are literally standing high in the sky. The view will be even more fantastic esp in the nite. Heat and Wind - It also depend on your layout and orientation. If N-S then no afternoon heat and normally very windy day and nite. I hardly turn on my air-con even a nite sleep with fan and window slight open for ventilation. Make sure your lighting contractor do a good job, no hanging light should fall off b'cos of wind !!

Noise and sound is a relative thing - you don't live in the city and aspect no noise from the car/human traffics below. After a while, you become atune to it. At higher floor less a issue. If you stay at the top lagi best - don't worry about heat from ceiling or water tank problem. This is a Condo - even HDB has improved on this aspect many years ago. Firework yes - can see and from OSM can probably hear the sound too !!!

i think the 1st thing we will do when we get the keys is to check out the view from 20++ floor from our balcony... and see if we can see what you mentioned...

went to the lawyer a few days back and know that the previous owner bought the unit first hand from developer at $818800. we bought at sub-sale $870000. think it wasnt that bad a deal...

Since you are from ground zero, living above 20++ floor right in city area will be a wow feeling when you collect your key first time. With bay windows and full height Sliding balcony , you are literally standing high in the sky. The view will be even more fantastic esp in the nite. Heat and Wind - It also depend on your layout and orientation. If N-S then no afternoon heat and normally very windy day and nite. I hardly turn on my air-con even a nite sleep with fan and window slight open for ventilation. Make sure your lighting contractor do a good job, no hanging light should fall off b'cos of wind !!

Noise and sound is a relative thing - you don't live in the city and aspect no noise from the car/human traffics below. After a while, you become atune to it. At higher floor less a issue. If you stay at the top lagi best - don't worry about heat from ceiling or water tank problem. This is a Condo - even HDB has improved on this aspect many years ago. Firework yes - can see and from OSM can probably hear the sound too !!!

Hi neighbour , are you in Intero or Platinum Edge ? I am not too sure the contractor - OL main contractor is South China Construction
    Hi neighbour too! I am across the road at Platinum Edge. Like yourself, I am staying above 15 storeys too!

Agree that the view up there is spectacular. While you look in the CBD, I have 270degrees unblocked view (thanks to St Andrew's Village which is low rise which allows me to see Bishan/Toa Payoh and whole of Woodleigh/Serangoon area which is also low rise) on the other side. Basically I really see how much open spaces, or vacant plots of land, around Potong Pasir the minute I look out of the window everyday.

The thing is that I am thinking of making the same sort of windows at my mom's place. Found it nice and classy. Wonder if you know who is the sub-contractor for just the windows frames? Saw some OL residents modifying the windows to install additional grilles to the open area; hence I thought you might know who the sub-con is.

Apologies for posting this in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Hi neighbour too! I am across the road at Platinum Edge. Like yourself, I am staying above 15 storeys too!

Agree that the view up there is spectacular. While you look in the CBD, I have 270degrees unblocked view (thanks to St Andrew's Village which is low rise which allows me to see Bishan/Toa Payoh and whole of Woodleigh/Serangoon area which is also low rise) on the other side. Basically I really see how much open spaces, or vacant plots of land, around Potong Pasir the minute I look out of the window everyday.

The thing is that I am thinking of making the same sort of windows at my mom's place. Found it nice and classy. Wonder if you know who is the sub-contractor for just the windows frames? Saw some OL residents modifying the windows to install additional grilles to the open area; hence I thought you might know who the sub-con is.

Apologies for posting this in this thread.
    PHOTOS!!! PHOTOS!!! PHOTOS!!!

For city view I got to wait for 3 more years.....

you mean cityview by boonkeng? wow... that is very expensive hdb. i considered the 5 room flat last year but $750k is really too much to buy. thank goodness i never bought it. cos for slightly more than $100k, i got OSM near by with facilities

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000
    PHOTOS!!! PHOTOS!!! PHOTOS!!!

For city view I got to wait for 3 more years.....

you mean cityview by boonkeng? wow... that is very expensive hdb. i considered the 5 room flat last year but $750k is really too much to buy. thank goodness i never bought it. cos for slightly more than $100k, i got OSM near by with facilities
    No lah.....neighbour to N2M

City View @ Boon Keng did look like a condo when I drove along Serangoon Rd today.....