Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: CPF board raises its minimum sum to $155k

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    When u have better standard of living, u have less babies...

When you live in village like indonesia where there is not much entertainment, what is the past time???

Not everything can be solved with money... Hahahaha
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

When u have better standard of living, u have less babies...

When you live in village like indonesia where there is not much entertainment, what is the past time???

Not everything can be solved with money... Hahahaha
    it cannot solve but it can nudge some to make the move.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    it cannot solve but it can nudge some to make the move.
    Bro, agree... But the cost of bringing up a kid in developed country is so high... The incentive is a fraction of the cost of bring up a kid. As we become more educated, we begin to choose what is beneficial...

Of cost giving incentive is better than nothing

Bro, agree... But the cost of bringing up a kid in developed country is so high... The incentive is a fraction of the cost of bring up a kid. As we become more educated, we begin to choose what is beneficial...

Ok, every 2 children can cancel 1 property count in the computation of ABSD.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

What are the other alternatives????

It is indeed a conundrum... Hahahahaha

http://www.oecd.org/dev/asia-pacific/Singapore.pdf

http://krisageneve.files.wordpress.c...e762-paper.pdf

Aging population, natural resources, human talent, GDP growth, political suicide, cohesive society, etc...

To do the job, you need a calling of sorts.

It's easy to shoot down a proposition/solution to the issue....

It's difficult to come out with the ideal solution....

Hahahahahaha

No solution is ideal, democracy and communism, both have their issues, but which is better???? Even the animals in 'animal farm' got confused.....
    critics have easy job. just criticise. no solution. coming up with a solution is the toughest job.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Ok, every 2 children can cancel 1 property count in the computation of ABSD.
    lucky draw free D9,10,11 condo for lucky couple. but min quota per year must be hit to activate draw. macham a Groupon lucky draw model. booleh?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

critics have easy job. just criticise. no solution. coming up with a solution is the toughest job.
    which measures is stronger in magnitude?
    the measure to stop at 2?
    the measure to have 3 or more?

opposition have come up with solutions, unfortunately pap dont want to "listen", they poo-poo the idea and they wait for some time before implementing the ideas.

dear minority, u seems to be 100% pro-pap person.
    can you share with us whether u have any issues with the govt so far?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    I think we have to acknowledge that there no such thing as a 'perfect gov'. If there is please let me know I want to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    Very simple, gov cannot afford to pay more on CPF funds. Otherwise it is not a cheap funding anymore.
    In fact, the socalled minimum sum is also the maximum sum, that gov can promise to pay a decent annuity. If I volunteer to pay 1mil into cpy life, you get dramatically lower return. Only amt up to minimum sum gets a decent annuity.
    is cpf considered as liabilities to the govt?
    is reserve considered as assets to the govt?
    if like that, then of course, the govt dont want to a high rate of return to the cpf, do they?
    minimised liabilities and maximised assets.

actually what is to prevent the CPF board from starting their own investment fund?
    what is to stop CPF from headhunting HoChing and friends from TH to start running the CPF funds? They are that good, from losses in citibank to become super-duper profits from citibank shares.
    dont the CPF board have enough confidence in HC and friends?
    if CPF board no confidence, they should be fired. HC have a good track record,achieving 15% returns annually over the years, instead of the miserly 2.5 / 4% returns by investing in SGS, SGSS bonds.

who want 15% return on CPF, kee-chiu.
    who want HC to head CPF investment fund, kee-chiu.

why does CPF need to buy SGS and SSGS, is it because the law say so?
    so from this law, the govt set up a middle-man company to give only 2.5 / 4% back to the CPF and to let the govt skim whatever excess profit they make.

lets say TH and GIC lose money, how is the singapore govt to pay back the interest and principal back to CPF? and what is meant by guarantee?
    got no money, how to guarantee

is cpf considered as liabilities to the govt?
    is reserve considered as assets to the govt?
    if like that, then of course, the govt dont want to a high rate of return to the cpf, do they?
    minimised liabilities and maximised assets.

actually what is to prevent the CPF board from starting their own investment fund?
    what is to stop CPF from headhunting HoChing and friends from TH to start running the CPF funds? They are that good, from losses in citibank to become super-duper profits from citibank shares.
    dont the CPF board have enough confidence in HC and friends?
    if CPF board no confidence, they should be fired. HC have a good track record,achieving 15% returns annually over the years, instead of the miserly 2.5 / 4% returns by investing in SGS, SGSS bonds.

who want 15% return on CPF, kee-chiu.
    who want HC to head CPF investment fund, kee-chiu.

why does CPF need to buy SGS and SSGS, is it because the law say so?
    so from this law, the govt set up a middle-man company to give only 2.5 / 4% back to the CPF and to let the govt skim whatever excess profit they make.

lets say TH and GIC lose money, how is the singapore govt to pay back the interest and principal back to CPF? and what is meant by guarantee?
    got no money, how to guarantee
    I kee chiu for 15% return on CPF ....... BUT high return means high risk!!!

Dear hopeful, u seems to be 100% pro WP person. Can u share with us whether u have any issues with WP so far?

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Dear hopeful, u seems to be 100% pro WP person. Can u share with us whether u have any issues with WP so far?
    since there is no such thing as a 'perfect gov' including the pap gov, it is only natural there will be views not 100% pro pap. Does not mean having these views mean 100% pro WP or opposition.

are u 100% pro pap?

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77 View Post
    I kee chiu for 15% return on CPF ....... BUT high return means high risk!!!
    if managed by anybody else, it means high risk to get that 15% return.
    but if CPF funds managed by HC and friends, guaranteed 15%, definitely no risk, confirm and double chopped.

you dont know our HC is among the most powerful man in the world meh?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    I think we have to acknowledge that there no such thing as a 'perfect gov'. If there is please let me know I want to stay there.
    sure, the current government job is perfect.
    high salary, no need to take responsibility for mistakes.
    any mistake, cost overrun "just move on".

compared this to south korean pm resigning over ferry sinking.
    wtf has ferry sinking go to do with him?

so i think there are already perfect govt job in singapore. high salary, no need to take responsibility.

see you in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    actually i am pro-pap , paiseh to disappoint you.
    but that doesnt mean i am a 100% unquestioning follower.

you have already read my issues with PAP

wtf, a regulator head joining the industry he is regulating, in this case Far east.
    Marc Boey - The group director of land sales and administration at URA plays an important policymaking role for the Singapore property sector and reports directly to URA's chief executive officer.
    the shit is legal (since no CPIB), but it still stinks.

if managed by anybody else, it means high risk to get that 15% return.
    but if CPF funds managed by HC and friends, guaranteed 15%, definitely no risk, confirm and double chopped.

you dont know our HC is among the most powerful man in the world meh?
    Ha ha - HC doesn't control the world

so i think there are already perfect govt job in singapore. high salary, no need to take responsibility.

see you in 2016
    Agree that there should be more accountability from the people responsible for investing and managing tax payors' money.

When billions are lost in investments by GIC, are revenue from COEs and stamp duties from ABSD and SSD not used to make up the losses so are we not the ones having to pay for their mistakes?

When so much money is involved ie our reserves, checks and balances and accountability should be demanded. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is what was taught to me when young and has stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Agree that there should be more accountability from the people responsible for investing and managing tax payors' money.

When billions are lost in investments by GIC, are revenue from COEs and stamp duties from ABSD and SSD not used to make up the losses so are we not the ones having to pay for their mistakes?

When so much money is involved ie our reserves, checks and balances and accountability should be demanded. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is what was taught to me when young and has stuck in my head.
    Put yourself in their shoe, remember to remove your shoe.

Do you want the whole world to know what we have and what we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post

If have let me know too!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

u seems to be a 100% anti establishment person. do you have any solution? U so quick to jump to conclusion I am pro PAP?? base on what? base on the fact I dont agree with your assumption?

Thats such narrowed mindness . 1st to blame and critic but no solution. so typical.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Cost is high coz the parents expectations are also high. but its a develop society problem.

Unless the parents want to all go back to farming...

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

btw. I am not going to critic some for sake of critic. If I dont see a better solution. There are always things that can be improved. it will never be perfect. If u can find me 1 pls tell us. all here. I believe many people will be waiting for u to tell us.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

see you in 2016
    lol! like the president is GOD?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

I am sure our neighbours are also waiting for us to open books to they can learn from us or attack us too.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Typical excuses as though knowing how much we have means they can attack us?
    In the very least, we have the right to know where the CPF monies go to..........

I remember Singapore had a president who wanted to know Singapore country total assets but he died without achieving his aim, and he is the PRESIDENT! So, who knows Singapore total assets?...........

I am sure our neighbours are also waiting for us to open books to they can learn from us or attack us too.

this minority must be an old fool brainwashed by the garment, better off moving to north korea lol

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Typical excuses as though knowing how much we have means they can attack us?
    In the very least, we have the right to know where the CPF monies go to..........

I remember Singapore had a president who wanted to know Singapore country total assets but he died without achieving his aim, and he is the PRESIDENT! So, who knows Singapore total assets?...........

oh maybe you should open all ur books to us now? how abt that for a start?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

The problem here now is that the minimum sum is going to get much higher in future with CPF Life and many Sg will not be able to meet it and prob end up selling their flats and working till they die. Who is going to help them. I see people in their 70s coming for preemployment check ups and some have children too and it is because money no enough. Can we keep relying on increasing the working population CPF contribution and high COE prices etc to fund their retirement? Can we not use our reserves partly for that or more of our annual budget surplus? Is the strength of our currency dependent on our big reserves and why do we need to have such a strong currency until neighbours flood in and compete with us for jobs. I believe our currency cannot keep going up relative to others, they are many pros but we must also consider the cons. Do the ministers deserve such high salary when many are expected to work till they die?

The garment expects the old to cash out and retire in Iskandar too or downgrade to studio apartments that is why resale HDB prices are still kept high. This is happening for the older generation who have worked to build Sg but may not be for our generation. I would caution against depending on our property solely for our retirement as it may be risky in yhe future.

The problem here now is that the minimum sum is going to get much higher in future with CPF Life and many Sg will not be able to meet it and prob end up selling their flats and working till they die. Who is going to help them. I see people in their 70s coming for preemployment check ups and some have children too and it is because money no enough. Can we keep relying on increasing the working population CPF contribution and high COE prices etc to fund their retirement? Can we not use our reserves partly for that or more of our annual budget surplus? Is the strength of our currency dependent on our big reserves and why do we need to have such a strong currency until neighbours flood in and compete with us for jobs. I believe our currency cannot keep going up relative to others, they are many pros but we must also consider the cons. Do the ministers deserve such high salary when many are expected to work till they die?

The garment expects the old to cash out and retire in Iskandar too or downgrade to studio apartments that is why resale HDB prices are still kept high. This is happening for the older generation who have worked to build Sg but may not be for our generation. I would caution against depending on our property solely for our retirement as it may be risky in yhe future.
    Look at situations at developed countries for your answers... Study what is happening to their cost of living, housing, aging population, etc.. and you will find similarities...

A person determines his/her destiny....

Optimist or pessimist????

Look at KL, check out what people they are hiring at food shops??? D u think Malaysians??????