Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: CPF board raises its minimum sum to $155k

Early settlers of Australia were mostly Hard core and condemned convicts

Australia will welcome all the convicts today afterall their history said so

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Give U Job? May be, not US.
    We give them $ MILLIONS salary jobs, and they created problems and then turned around to ask us for SOLUTION? Or you are the one asking us to provide solution for them (and not them asking)? Who are you? Dumb ass idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Created by them? they created to solve some of ur prolem what! GAVE U JOB! dumb ass! Thats the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    We give them $ MILLIONS salary jobs, and they created problems and then turned around to ask us for SOLUTION? Or you are the one asking us to provide solution for them (and not them asking)? Who are you? Dumb ass idiot!
    Donch ask me
    I am only fisherman

Sir Stamford Raffles fought off the Dutch and Portuguese dominance
    because Singapore can catch the most fishes

Thereafter all migrants from China India are all here for the fish

Thus Singapore became the Best Fishing Village in South East Asia for the British Empire

I guess u where a sleep during the history lessons eh???

Singapore was never a sleepy fishing village before Raffles. IMHO Raffles landing was a convenient milestone to segregate it from pre-Raffles rulers (especially e two prince brothers who fought over e throne).

http://www.slideshare.net/FrancyPhay...sg-before-1819

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamford_Raffles

History textbooks are never accurate, and they are usually written in a *certain* way to influence young minds.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Whine whine whine.. everyday whine. Seems like thats all you are good at? Millions come from u? since u say don't have job right? its not paid by u then! so whats that got to do with you ? I not pain u pain for me?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    Singapore was never a sleepy fishing village before Raffles. IMHO Raffles landing was a convenient milestone to segregate it from pre-Raffles rulers (especially e two prince brothers who fought over e throne).

History textbooks are never accurate, and they are usually written in a *certain* way to influence young minds.
    So I guess Singapore is founded ny FT then? Sir Standford Raffles is FT base on today slur?

"n late 1818, Lord Hastings – the British Governor General of India – appointed Lieutenant General Sir Stamford Raffles to establish a trading station at the southern tip of the Malay peninsula. The British were extending their dominion over India and their trade with China was expanding. They saw the need for a port of call to “refit, revitalize and protect their merchant fleet” as well as to prevent any advances made by the Dutch in the East Indies.

After surveying other nearby islands in 1819, Sir Stamford Raffles and the rest of the British East India Company landed on Singapore, which was to become their strategic trading post along the spice route. Eventually Singapore became one of the most important commercial and military centers of the British Empire. The island was the third British acquisition in the Malay Peninsula after Penang (1786) and Malacca (1795). These three British Settlements (Singapore, Penang and Malacca) became the Straights Settlements in 1826, under the control of British India. By 1832, Singapore became the center of government of the three areas. On 1 April 1867, the Straights Settlements became a Crown Colony and was ruled by a governor under the jurisdiction of the Colonial Office in London."
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Archaeology points to an urbanised settlement on the site by the 14th century. Allusions by travellers give some evidence that there may have been a city or town present as early as the 2nd century. At its height, the city boasted a large earthen city wall and moat; many of the buildings were built with stone and brick foundations. Remains of old pottery, coins, jewellery and other artifacts have been found, with many of these artifacts believed to be imported from various parts of China, India, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia. These are sometimes seen as evidence of the city's status as a regional trade centre. An aquatic route which is part of the larger Silk route, passes through Temasek.

So I guess Singapore is founded ny FT then? Sir Standford Raffles is FT base on today slur?

"n late 1818, Lord Hastings – the British Governor General of India – appointed Lieutenant General Sir Stamford Raffles to establish a trading station at the southern tip of the Malay peninsula. The British were extending their dominion over India and their trade with China was expanding. They saw the need for a port of call to “refit, revitalize and protect their merchant fleet” as well as to prevent any advances made by the Dutch in the East Indies.

After surveying other nearby islands in 1819, Sir Stamford Raffles and the rest of the British East India Company landed on Singapore, which was to become their strategic trading post along the spice route. Eventually Singapore became one of the most important commercial and military centers of the British Empire. The island was the third British acquisition in the Malay Peninsula after Penang (1786) and Malacca (1795). These three British Settlements (Singapore, Penang and Malacca) became the Straights Settlements in 1826, under the control of British India. By 1832, Singapore became the center of government of the three areas. On 1 April 1867, the Straights Settlements became a Crown Colony and was ruled by a governor under the jurisdiction of the Colonial Office in London."
    I think modernise to become one of the leading trading cities in the world seems to describe Singapore "founding" better. The only issue recently is new comers lower the quality of living for most incumbents but profited greatly from it, because you know what reasons. Anyone can feel free disagree.

I think modernise to become one of the leading trading cities in the world seems to describe Singapore "founding" better. The only issue recently is new comers lower the quality of living for most incumbents but profited greatly from it, because you know what reasons. Anyone can feel free disagree.
    I guess our for fathers who came are also of a variety. Merchants, labours, skilled as well as unskilled.

The new comers are of lower skills coz they fill a segment of the workforce which are lower skills. the skills of the most of the locals have moved forward with more technical skill work forces. i.e. poly, or uni.

I don't see the quality of living become lower. I feel the expectations have raised much higher.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Essentially Zheng He was likely to be travelling along well-established trade routes in 15th century. Singapore was one of his key landmarks, which verifies that Singapore was already well-known by traders/navigators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Ya_Men

Okay, I think I should stop here about Singapore's history.

Essentially Zheng He was likely to be travelling along well-established trade routes in 15th century. Singapore was one of his key landmarks, which verifies that Singapore was already well-known by traders/navigators.

agreed

we stop here

Land marks yes. But what do most people do for living? Fisherman is one of the trades too.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

With HSR whose plans are being fast forwarded I read, the competition for jobs r going to get more intense....prob will see more and more Malaysians coming to Sgp for work due to the 2.6 exchange rate and Sg going there for retirement cashing out from their properties here as they lose their jobs...
    Teddybro, how old r u and how long looking for job? Can financially retire over there or not cause I read someone also went there because of unemployment here....what r the opportunities that HSR can give Sgp...let's brainstorm to help one another instead of quarelling instead....

I wonder which is worst no job where skills are obsolete here n exchange rate top weak n cannot even go JB or hdb worth a lot more can sell down side to studio n get a place in jb as alternative n have caseh on hand in JB . Which is worst ?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

I wonder which is worst no job where skills are obsolete here n exchange rate top weak n cannot even go JB or hdb worth a lot more can sell down side to studio n get a place in jb as alternative n have caseh on hand in JB . Which is worst ?
    Really depends on a lot of factors....like how u perceive the crime situation there?

Just have to retrain loh if job obsolete and readjust one's expectations and swallow some pride when job lost but ain't end of the world lah...got children...parents maintenaine act for parental support if one really wants...spare room....rent out for food money....dun think government can ignore....that is why some says either very rich or very poor....government will support....or go help out in church or yr religious tenples....they will help one...dun worry too much...

One reason pple have children is for situations like these...

must teach children from young the concept of money and very important the right values.....like filial piety....
    Last edited by mummy; 16-05-14 at 06:30.

Singapore Parliament reopens: CPF schemes for retirement to be improved, says President Tony Tan 

Published on May 16, 2014 9:01 PM 

Tham Yuen-C

THE Central Provident Fund savings and annuity schemes will be improved to ensure Singaporeans have enough in their golden years as life expectancy goes up.

President Tony Tan Keng Yam disclosed this in his presidential address as Parliament re-opened on Friday night after a mid-term break.

Among the Government's goals in its second term is to ensure that Singaporeans are adequately prepared for retirement, with enough savings to tide them through their golden years. The CPF schemes are meant to be a way to build up retirement funds.

Besides improving the schemes, said Dr Tan, more options will be developed for Singaporeans to "unlock the value of their homes" in retirement.

These are among the steps the Government is taking to strengthen social safety nets and to share the fruits of Singapore's progress "more widely".

Said Dr Tan: "Beyond equal opportunities for fulfilment, every Singaporean should enjoy a fair share of our nation's success."

Promoting home ownership has contributed to levelling up society, he said, and it will remain one of the Government's key strategies.

Singaporeans, especially the lower-income groups, have been able to build up significant assets through owning their own homes, Dr Tan said, adding that no other country in the world can claim such an achievement.

Hence, the Government will "continue to keep housing affordable for all Singaporeans" and help low- and middle- income families own Housing Board flats, so that they can build up a nest-egg for retirement, he said.

In addition, new housing options will be developed to encourage extended families to live closer together, to strengthen family bonds.

Health-care affordability is another area the Government will work on, said Dr Tan

He noted that Medishield Life will give all Singaporeans, even those with pre-existing illnesses, better protection against high medical bills.

He said the Government will ensure the premiums for the universal insurance, which will be introduced next year, will be affordable for all.

The Government will also pay special attention to vulnerable groups, such as low-wage workers and the elderly, said Dr Tan.

And it would go "beyond home-ownership and Workfare" to help these groups.

But even as the Government provides more help to them, said Dr Tan, it is also important to "give people the means and the incentives to help themselves".

Singaporeans, he said, were of the believe that "personal responsibility and effort are essential to their dignity and self-worth".

It was this "pioneering spirit" that had built modern Singapore, he added.

"Let us preserve this spirit, even as we strengthen social safety nets and give Singaporeans more confidence to face the uncertainties of life together," he said.