Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mass market and mid-tier private apartments expected to do well this year

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Mass market and mid-tier private apartments expected to do well this year

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Poor guys I pity you.
    Ya, I also used to have some sympathy for people left behind by the economic boom, such as those office workers caught in the rain at bus stops during a thunderstorm.

Not anymore.

Ever since I chanced upon this forum and realised how vicious the sour grapes are - constantly hoping for Singapore's economy to collapse and gleefully hoping that the US subprime problem will spread here so that the property market will collapse.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Mass market and mid-tier private apartments expected to do well this year

It was easier for me. I took an oath at the HDB office while I was jobless (as I have quitted) and then show it to the EC developer. Immediately upon the purchase, I took a new job which is more >$10k. The EC TOPed 4 months later and we moved in. 2 months later, my wife changed to a >$10k job too. With a combined income was around $25-30k, which is well above the ceiling of $10k, we should not have lived in an EC.

We were lucky then. However, not everyone is lucky.

Anyway, my point is that not everyone can buy a HDB flat or an EC. There are constraints in the real world.
    Don't bullshit here. If your net income is $25k-30k (even if its after you have shifted to the EC), you won't be resorting to all these nonsense to buy an EC.
    But you sure sound like a poor man trying to pose as a rich man. Asshole !!

Unregistered Guest

Ya, I also used to have some sympathy for people left behind by the economic boom, such as those office workers caught in the rain at bus stops during a thunderstorm.

Not anymore.

Ever since I chanced upon this forum and realised how vicious the sour grapes are - constantly hoping for Singapore's economy to collapse and gleefully hoping that the US subprime problem will spread here so that the property market will collapse.
    I do not think anyone hoping for singapore market to collapse ,its just that people care about each other and just warning others about the risk of investing/buying property in a downturn , which may happen due to current global economic conditions.

Unregistered Guest

Don't bullshit here. If your net income is $25k-30k (even if its after you have shifted to the EC), you won't be resorting to all these nonsense to buy an EC.
    But you sure sound like a poor man trying to pose as a rich man. Asshole !!
    Why are you screaming at the poor guy? Just because he earns more than you? That is unfair friend. You will always find someone earning more than you.

Unregistered Guest

I do not think anyone hoping for singapore market to collapse ,its just that people care about each other and just warning others about the risk of investing/buying property in a downturn , which may happen due to current global economic conditions.
    If these sour grapes genuinely care about other people, their posts wouldn't come with "Woohahaha" praying that propery investors will become bankrupt if the market crashes, as they hoped it would.

Perhaps you are new to this forum. Go read some of the old posts by these sour grapes, then you will know what I mean.

And look at that "Asshole" above. He obviously cannot stand people buying Executive Condos and gets agitated by people earning $25k to $30k per month.

What is so unbelievable about earning $30k per month? If you check up IRAS' lattest annual report 2006/7, there are 44,480 taxpayers in Singapore earning more than $200k per annum.

Most people in this forum here who invest in properties should be above this income bracket. Otherwise how will the banks lend us money for multiple properties, if you just show them that you earn a paltry $100k per year?

The problem with sour grapes' disbelief and unacceptance of the existence of such incomes is that they mix around with people who earn no where near these levels.

That's why when the Ministers increased their pay to benchmark against the private sector, many sour grapes are unhappy.

The ministerial benchmark salaries are actually very reasonable and in fact, are a discount to the private sector income for equivalent positions. I am pretty sure K Shanmugam must have taken a tremendous paycut to become Minister of Law.

But to the sour grapes, the ministerial salaries are so sky high and unbelievable and totally beyond their comprehension. That's why they come up with remarks like "Asshole" whenever they hear of people earning significant incomes.

The source of the problem is that, most likely, the sour grapes work in some lowly positions in industries like manufacturing located in Pioneer Circle or Woodlands Industrial Park where their manager earns maybe $5k per month, and their divisional manager earns $8k per month and their operations director earns $12k per month, which to them is an astronomical salary. Maybe vaguely they might have heard of their own CEO earning more than that, but then the CEO would hardly have ever met them. Or perhaps the CEO also visits this forum and is scared of being called an "Asshole" by his own staff.

Therefore, the sour grapes cannot comprehend who in this world can possibly earn $25k to $30k per month. Hence the ministerial salaries of $2 million a year is even more unbelievable. That's why that EC guy who said he earned $25k to $30k per month in the post above got described as an "Asshole".

Unregistered Guest

If these sour grapes genuinely care about other people, their posts wouldn't come with "Woohahaha" praying that propery investors will become bankrupt if the market crashes, as they hoped it would.

Perhaps you are new to this forum. Go read some of the old posts by these sour grapes, then you will know what I mean.

And look at that "Asshole" above. He obviously cannot stand people buying Executive Condos and gets agitated by people earning $25k to $30k per month.

What is so unbelievable about earning $30k per month? If you check up IRAS' lattest annual report 2006/7, there are 44,480 taxpayers in Singapore earning more than $200k per annum.

Most people in this forum here who invest in properties should be above this income bracket. Otherwise how will the banks lend us money for multiple properties, if you just show them that you earn a paltry $100k per year?

The problem with sour grapes' disbelief and unacceptance of the existence of such incomes is that they mix around with people who earn no where near these levels.

That's why when the Ministers increased their pay to benchmark against the private sector, many sour grapes are unhappy.

The ministerial benchmark salaries are actually very reasonable and in fact, are a discount to the private sector income for equivalent positions. I am pretty sure K Shanmugam must have taken a tremendous paycut to become Minister of Law.

But to the sour grapes, the ministerial salaries are so sky high and unbelievable and totally beyond their comprehension. That's why they come up with remarks like "Asshole" whenever they hear of people earning significant incomes.

The source of the problem is that, most likely, the sour grapes work in some lowly positions in industries like manufacturing located in Pioneer Circle or Woodlands Industrial Park where their manager earns maybe $5k per month, and their divisional manager earns $8k per month and their operations director earns $12k per month, which to them is an astronomical salary. Maybe vaguely they might have heard of their own CEO earning more than that, but then the CEO would hardly have ever met them. Or perhaps the CEO also visits this forum and is scared of being called an "Asshole" by his own staff.

Therefore, the sour grapes cannot comprehend who in this world can possibly earn $25k to $30k per month. Hence the ministerial salaries of $2 million a year is even more unbelievable. That's why that EC guy who said he earned $25k to $30k per month in the post above got described as an "Asshole".
    That EC guy is you yourself. Pathetic to hear morons brag about their 'salary'. Too cheap people around. And to imagine if we get these ones as a neighbour somewhere. Anyway glad that these ones won't step into the core districts with their 200K salaries. It would bring down the value of teh CCR's.

Unregistered Guest

That EC guy is you yourself. Pathetic to hear morons brag about their 'salary'. Too cheap people around. And to imagine if we get these ones as a neighbour somewhere. Anyway glad that these ones won't step into the core districts with their 200K salaries. It would bring down the value of teh CCR's.
    Very well said friend. They can talk about the 200K salaries only in this Mass market and mid-tier thread. With that number they can only look at dist 9, 10 & 11 from far away....but anyone can dream what...no harm in dreaming unless you sleep walk to the core districts and get run down.

The EC Asshole Guest

Just logged in and realised so many responded to my posting last night. Anyway, the subject isn't on who made more/less but who can/can't buy what. My apology for mentioning income. It will be my last posting on this thread. I don't want to get myself into trouble with the ....

The EC Asshole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The EC Asshole
    Just logged in and realised so many responded to my posting last night. Anyway, the subject isn't on who made more/less but who can/can't buy what. My apology for mentioning income. It will be my last posting on this thread. I don't want to get myself into trouble with the ....
    Sorry once again....my mistake for mentioning my salary. I thought mine was low and all of you made much more than me. But i realise that people here are poorer than me. Sorry once again. I quit...

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The EC Asshole
    What kind of trouble? Buying and selling a few condos?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The EC Asshole 2
    Sorry once again....my mistake for mentioning my salary. I thought mine was low and all of you made much more than me. But i realise that people here are poorer than me. Sorry once again. I quit...
    hey EC Asshole 2 : are you a quitter ? why quit ? come join us !

Unregistered Guest

Very well said friend. They can talk about the 200K salaries only in this Mass market and mid-tier thread. With that number they can only look at dist 9, 10 & 11 from far away....but anyone can dream what...no harm in dreaming unless you sleep walk to the core districts and get run down.
    I agree. Well said.

Unregistered Guest

You stupid sour grape are the pathetic moron yourself.

You think everyone is like you so 无聊, go around pretending to be yourself and talk to yourself in the forum ah?

You yourself must be doing it all the time, that's why you have this stupid idea and go around suspecting that everyone here is pretending to be themselves.

以小人之心,度君子之腹.

Translated for those who don't understand Chinese:

"A despicable person thinks that the gentleman also does the same despicable things as himself".

Unregistered Guest

Sour Grape(s), the more you post, the greater your ignorance shows.

District 9, 10 and 11 are not homogeneous.

Maybe to you they appear the same because you are from far away, and all the prices of condos there are beyond your reach in 100 lifetimes. But I can assure you that they are not all the same.

The District 10 areas of Ardmore/Cuscaden/Draycott area may truly be beyond someone earning $200k+ p.a. Condos there cost at least $3 M to $4 M each and a person earning $200k+ p.a. would take almost a whole lifetime to accumulate that much.

The District 9 areas of Cairnhill is a bit cheaper. Some of the smaller units around here are selling for $1.7 M to $2.2 M. Quite a stretch for someone earning $200k+ p.a., unless he is willing to forgo other luxuries in life.

District 11, however, is a different story. Condos there, for example, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, Newton Suites etc. are reasonably priced. For example, some smaller units at Park Infinia were transacted at $1.1 M to $1.3 M in January 2008. For someone earning $200k+ per year, that's definitely affordable.

This is Sour Grape Ignorance No. 6 - SGI6 (I think I can compile a book soon).

After talking about SGI6, now for Sour Grape Paradox 3 (SGP3).

The sour grapes above pretended that they stay in the Core Central Region (CCR) and that people who earn $200k+ p.a. are too "cheap" to be their neighbours.

Here is the paradox:

If a person stays in a luxurious condo in the CCR, then this person should be on the side of "Mad Bulls" and should hope that property prices rise, like what someone here says, "Huat Ah!".

So why is this person a sour grape leh?

I was trying to think where this sour grape could be located within the CCR ... perhaps some of the older apartments.

But then these apartments usaully have en bloc potential and cost a bomb. If the sour grapes stay in these apartments, the more they should hope the property market rise so that they can pull off their en bloc and earn their millions.

Despite my knowledge of properties, I must admit that I can't really figure out where these sour grapes are located. Even those old run down shop units at Lucky Plaza and Ming Arcade are worth a lot now.

Even Orchard Towers, the infamous "Four Floors of Whores", is now talking about en bloc, so even if sour grape is a whore, he should still cheer the property market.

Unless he is just a tenant there ... hmmm ...

This is a really the strangest Sour Grape Paradox (SGP) so far.

Unregistered Guest

Maybe to you they appear the same because you are from far away, and all the prices of condos there are beyond your reach in 100 lifetimes. But I can assure you that they are not all the same.

The District 10 areas of Ardmore/Cuscaden/Draycott area may truly be beyond someone earning $200k+ p.a. Condos there cost at least $3 M to $4 M each and a person earning $200k+ p.a. would take almost a whole lifetime to accumulate that much.

The District 9 areas of Cairnhill is a bit cheaper. Some of the smaller units around here are selling for $1.7 M to $2.2 M. Quite a stretch for someone earning $200k+ p.a., unless he is willing to forgo other luxuries in life.

District 11, however, is a different story. Condos there, for example, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, Newton Suites etc. are reasonably priced. For example, some smaller units at Park Infinia were transacted at $1.1 M to $1.3 M in January 2008. For someone earning $200k+ per year, that's definitely affordable.

The sour grapes above pretended that they stay in the Core Central Region (CCR) and that people who earn $200k+ p.a. are too "cheap" to be their neighbours.

Here is the paradox:

If a person stays in a luxurious condo in the CCR, then this person should be on the side of "Mad Bulls" and should hope that property prices rise, like what someone here says, "Huat Ah!".

I was trying to think where this sour grape could be located within the CCR ... perhaps some of the older apartments.

But then these apartments usaully have en bloc potential and cost a bomb. If the sour grapes stay in these apartments, the more they should hope the property market rise so that they can pull off their en bloc and earn their millions.

Despite my knowledge of properties, I must admit that I can't really figure out where these sour grapes are located. Even those old run down shop units at Lucky Plaza and Ming Arcade are worth a lot now.

Even Orchard Towers, the infamous "Four Floors of Whores", is now talking about en bloc, so even if sour grape is a whore, he should still cheer the property market.

LOL POOR FELLOW. TO THINK THAT HE HAS BEEN LAID OFF AND HAS ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD NOW FOR LENGTHY POSTS.

Unregistered Guest

LOL POOR FELLOW. TO THINK THAT HE HAS BEEN LAID OFF AND HAS ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD NOW FOR LENGTHY POSTS.
    Naughty boy...you really stepped on his toe. See how he went beserk with his post. Didn't you know that he is stuckkkkkkkkkkkk? Have some concern for them please.

Unregistered Guest

The fact that he has all the time in the world to post does suggests that who ever this person is, he is probably already very well off. I will hazard a guess from reading his posts that he must have made a significant fortune through real estate investments. I can tell by reading the posts in this forum whether someone is in denial, an astute investor or in some cases someone who is hollow and a sour grape.

Unregistered Guest

Here is the paradox:

this guy knows his stuff. factual and insightful

Unregistered Guest

this guy knows his stuff. factual and insightful
    This guy has no other work. Got all teh time in the world to keep posting. You dont need to know stuff...he just copies and pastes all the time.

HDB Guest

Went to view some HDB units two weeks ago. Saw one quite nice unit, although not exactly ideal, we showed some interest by asking more about the unit. Agent said interest very strong. But I was surprised to received a call from her just now asking if we have made a decision or not. Actually we are still hesitant - the CoV is still quite high, so is the valuation. Still a bit off budget.

Unregistered Guest

What is she talking about?

"Prices of mass market and mid-tier condominiums are expected to remain strong this year."

but

"And more supply will come into the market as 31,000 new private apartments are completed over the next five years.

Propnex said it's now a buyers market and home hunters could get good deals."

If property prices are expected the remain strong, how can this be a buyer's market?
    Tis moment, buyers are scoutting around for best deal., but are not committing for anything. so this is call buyer market.

There is no collapse of price and developers yet at this moment. thats is y call remaining strong.

Unregistered Guest

Tis moment, buyers are scoutting around for best deal., but are not committing for anything. so this is call buyer market.

There is no collapse of price and developers yet at this moment. thats is y call remaining strong.
    Well holding without increase sales is the beginning of a turnaround from sellers market to buyers market. Watch out for the tumbling prices coming soon to your neighbourhood.

Unregistered Guest

Well holding without increase sales is the beginning of a turnaround from sellers market to buyers market. Watch out for the tumbling prices coming soon to your neighbourhood.
    Sellers (developer/investor/speculator/home owner) are very confident in Singapore painted picture, 2 big IR. Most of the sellers are rich and have very strong holding power.
    Yes, economy condition may cause some hip cup. But it will not change sellers mind set. Because they can hold till 2 super IR super boom time. Those who hope for 2005 property price level in comming months before IR completed will be very disappointed.

Unregistered Guest

Sellers (developer/investor/speculator/home owner) are very confident in Singapore painted picture, 2 big IR. Most of the sellers are rich and have very strong holding power.
    Yes, economy condition may cause some hip cup. But it will not change sellers mind set. Because they can hold till 2 super IR super boom time. Those who hope for 2005 property price level in comming months before IR completed will be very disappointed.
    no need to talk about 2005 pricing, don' think you can get 1H 2007 pricing also even with the US sub prime mess. Remember Singapore is going to be the mother of all hubs.

Unregistered Guest

no need to talk about 2005 pricing, don' think you can get 1H 2007 pricing also even with the US sub prime mess. Remember Singapore is going to be the mother of all hubs.
    This time downturn going to be mother of all downturns. Thats why we hear the SOS...Stuckkkkk Ohhhhhhhh Stuckkkkkk.

Unregistered Guest

Bigger mess will be coming soon which will leave sub prime behind. Mark these words.

All the talks about the coming tumble is making me very nervous...very very nervous....

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    All the talks about the coming tumble is making me very nervous...very very nervous....
    Not u and i are nervious...... the whole property sector will be nerious n choatic.............. all sellers desperate for buyers n buyers all taking cover, finally cheap is the normal/standard words for buyers to use. take care

Unregistered Guest

Y 2 IR super boom? u mean those ppl are professional gamblers who can win money to pay off their loan? Y seller mind set cannot be changed? They haven start srevicing their loan yet. wait until they start collecting their key n service their loan..... they go soft........To come down to 2005 property price is not possible but price coming down to whatever level is headache inmagin all property price sold now is very high compare 2000

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Are you being satirical? These market talkdowns have been around for some time already. If employment and wages are not falling, I really don't think property prices will fall much as people are still able to service their loans and able to hold. I think COE prices are a better leading indicator of the wealth effect of Singaporeans.