Thread: District Watch: District 23

Default District Watch: District 23

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...ch-district-23

In one of the world's most developed countries, D23 offers peace and quiet away from city life. But as Cheryl Tay finds out, that doesn't make it any less accessible or liveable.

Known for its lush, extensive greenery and abundance of private housing developments, Singapore’s District 23 comprises the Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang and Hillview areas. The district has the charm of being tucked away from the busy city centre, yet easily accessible via expressways and public transport. Residents enjoy living close to nature, as well as the convenience of various amenities.

Schools such as Raffles Girls' Primary, Nanyang Primary, Hwa Chong Institution, Nanyang Girls' High, Methodist Girls' School, National Junior College, Ngee Ann Polytechnic and the Singapore Institute of Management are located here. Furthermore, a slew of upcoming residential projects will add to the existing developments to attract buyers and investors.

UP AND COMING

The nearby Bukit Timah has long been known as one of the most sought-after areas in Singapore for nature and exclusivity, thanks to its extensive flora and fauna as well as private residential developments. However, District 23 is quickly progressing in the same direction.

Johnny Goh, Head of Training at DWG, says, “Some of the key selling points of the district are the upcoming MRT stations (Bukit Panjang and Cashew) along Downtown Line 2, (with completion) estimated by mid-2016. With its 30 km cycling loop encircling four reservoirs due to be ready in 2018, residents can enjoy the privilege of being close to nature. (In fact) many projects in District 23 offer spectacular views of greenery not commonly found in land-scarce Singapore. Compared to Bukit Timah, D23 will be more vibrant in the near future, as it is progressively being developed.”

INVESTOR ADVANTAGE

Investors who may have an interest in District 23 would do well to move quickly, thanks to its many impending developments. Goh advises potential investors to capitalise on the “early mover advantage” before the Downtown Line commences operations.

He says, “Projects near the upcoming MRT stations are considered good investments, as more job opportunities are expected in the nearby Mandai Industrial Estate and Sungei Kadut Industrial Estate for additional potential tenants, in addition to those working in the city and who prefer a more tranquil living environment.”

HOUSING MARKET BOOM

With upcoming residential developments such as Eco Sanctuary, Foresque Residences and The Skywoods, District 23’s private housing market in particular looks set to enjoy good take-up rates, especially from HDB upgraders staying in nearby areas.

Goh says, “Residents can look forward to upcoming projects launching in 2015 and 2016, such as Foresque Residences. Besides full condominium facilities and a half basketball court, (it also features) unique cabana units and penthouses. A rooftop observatory on the 25th level offers spectacular views as well.”

“Eco Sanctuary, on the other hand, offers a prestigious address on Chestnut Avenue (one of Singapore’s 39 GCB addresses), and with its premium finishing available in three unique themes, buyers are spoilt for choice. Each unit comes with at least a 3.4-metre ceiling height for that spacious feel, and the Sky Clubs on level 14 in all three towers give homeowners additional space for hosting events while enjoying breathtaking views of the landed enclave, reservoirs and lush greenery.”

Other attractive developments in District 23 include The Skywoods, Hillion Residences, The Lanai and Hillview Peak, each with its own unique theme to appeal to buyers and investors, promising to make the district even more vibrant.

Goh opines, “I foresee that housing prices in this area will be stable in 2014, due to the measures and policies in place, with no major price movements.”

Strange......how come the schools mentioned in the above article are considered in District 23?

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Strange......how come the schools mentioned in the above article are considered in District 23?
    Looks like an advertisement in clever disguise. Upper Bukit Timah road area.

Anyway Bukit Timah road links many districts so it can be confusing for non locals.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Everything in the article is reasonable, except the fact that Hillview Peak is a failed project.

The coming years will be an enduring ones for this development.

The consolation part is probably the few residents who bought this development will have the serenity environment since only 25% occupants or less as there are more investors than geniune home buyers.

Initially I don't tink is a good investment, but with the coming of the Downtown Line and the convenience by train to the many good primary, sec schools , JCs like NJC , and to orchard area in less than half hour, I believe rental will soar.....✌✌, and best part is freehold status, no urgency to sell, although it is near 15 years of age. If it is 99 years leasehold, I most probably would have sold at the 10th year mark, Heng ah.....I bought it at near 1 mil wen interest rate was 6.5%, and my loan was 650k, but knowing tat I am willing to clear some of my loan in the early years tru hard work , I take the plunge at a young age of 27 years old..... I have seen the up and down of property, and I am still enjoying the thrill of every bit of it... the cooling measures will not stop me from investing because life goes on, and I have kids future to take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Initially I don't tink is a good investment, but with the coming of the Downtown Line and the convenience by train to the many good primary, sec schools , JCs like NJC , and to orchard area in less than half hour, I believe rental will soar.....✌✌, and best part is freehold status, no urgency to sell, although it is near 15 years of age. If it is 99 years leasehold, I most probably would have sold at the 10th year mark, Heng ah.....I bought it at near 1 mil wen interest rate was 6.5%, and my loan was 650k, but knowing tat I am willing to clear some of my loan in the early years tru hard work , I take the plunge at a young age of 27 years old..... I have seen the up and down of property, and I am still enjoying the thrill of every bit of it... the cooling measures will not stop me from investing because life goes on, and I have kids future to take care of.
    Rental yield in those area has always been relative poor, perhaps its too inaccessible for people working in CBD. Imagine if you are driving and working in CBD.

IIRC its also one of the most densely built private residential district in Singapore, perhaps too much supply in that area.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Rental yield in those area has always been relative poor, perhaps its too inaccessible for people working in CBD. Imagine if you are driving and working in CBD.

IIRC its also one of the most densely built private residential district in Singapore, perhaps too much supply in that area.
    5 years ago, this over supply in district 21, 23 could be true, now almost every district is oversupply, except Jurong area, I tink is still under supply, as I have got v good rental there bfo I sold..... Tats why we have tis downtown line to prevent parents from bringing their kids to the good schools there and jam up the place....at the same time , many CBD area workers are not driving , with high COE and parking fees. I have tenants working in the Jurong east and asking to rent in upper Bukit timah, I believe it is near to nature, yet lower rental cost.....now plus the convenience of mrt and the hillier shopping, things can only be better