Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any condo resident bought from developer Hoi Hup Sunway?

Default Any condo resident bought from developer Hoi Hup Sunway?

Hi all,

I wish to contact buyers who bought their condos from the developer Hoi Hup Sunway. Have you experienced problems with your engineered wood installed by them?

Please see some examples below:

Please PM me or email [email protected] if you have.

Thank you very much!

Poor quality installation. Looks like it has undergone water damage also. Please verify.

We highly suspect that the wood given to us is not appropriate for use in the climate of Singapore. Repeated changing of the wood has not solved the problem.

The developer would not consider any other option or give a convincing explanation on why this happens.

I am trying to see if any condo built by Hoi Hup Sunway face this problem also. Appreciate you contacting me if you face the same problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreChon View Post
    We highly suspect that the wood given to us is not appropriate for use in the climate of Singapore. Repeated changing of the wood has not solved the problem.

The developer would not consider any other option or give a convincing explanation on why this happens.

I am trying to see if any condo built by Hoi Hup Sunway face this problem also. Appreciate you contacting me if you face the same problem. Thanks.
    I suspect your wall or floor has water seepage issue or is still quite moist, due to the bubbles inside the paint, algae stains in your wood and sunken layers.

Below is a well-laid parquet flooring:

Hallo,

Please come to the vacanza thread under district 14.

In there, you will find all our residents' complaints over their finishing. For my unit, the parquet was fortunately same color and uniform looking but I cannot say the same for my fellow residents. Let me send you some photos of the shoddy finishing of my walls and the marble flooring divider.

Saying all this, HH did rectify the problems for me. By the way, we are rallying the residents for a freaking main gate that HH claimed was rejected by the authorities. But we believe there is more than meets the eye.

Finally, I want to know which development did you buy?

Cheers
    Vacanza owner

Hi all,

I wish to contact buyers who bought their condos from the developer Hoi Hup Sunway. Have you experienced problems with your engineered wood installed by them?

Thank you very much!
    Little Mikah - a great place to shop for your little one.
    www.facebook.com/LittleMikahShop

Looks like an avenue for roaches to escape. Developer must be insect lover.

Hi all,

Thank you very much!
    Most likely due to water seepage from the wall. The only way to rectify this problem is for developer to inject waterproofing sealer into the wall.

Dont need to get too upset over it as wood flooring can easily be repair or change if you want.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Is this wall shared with the bathroom or is it an external wall?
    Hi all,

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Most likely due to water seepage from the wall. The only way to rectify this problem is for developer to inject waterproofing sealer into the wall.

Dont need to get too upset over it as wood flooring can easily be repair or change if you want.
    Don't need to get too upset?!?!?! Wahaha what a sordid silly statement...
    Imagine paying million up for an item w defects and not to get too upset?!?!?!

Then again this pea brain only can afford 50 bucks Casio, resign to fate on easy broken straps, warp buttons so on so forth...

You are the living example of what pollutants in the west can do to the brain...

Sign off,
    Slowly but certainly JLD convert
    Wahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681 View Post
    Don't need to get too upset?!?!?! Wahaha what a sordid silly statement...
    Imagine paying million up for an item w defects and not to get too upset?!?!?!

Then again this pea brain only can afford 50 bucks Casio, resign to fate on easy broken straps, warp buttons so on so forth...

You are the living example of what pollutants in the west can do to the brain...

Sign off,
    Slowly but certainly JLD convert
    Wahahaha
    i think TS is looking for advice/solution/help etc.
    i dont think he is looking for project crossover jld.

what advice/solution/help, etc can you offer to the TS?

Thanks all who replied, whether relevant or not.

I am particularly looking for residents who bought arc of Tampines, Sea Esta in Pasir Ris Link, The Miltonia Residences in Miltonia Close and Vacanza@East in Lengkong Tujoh.

All of them are by the developer Hoi Hup Sunway.

Is there any piping in the wall? If yes you may want to check if there is piping leak. You need to find the source of water seepage and then redo all the flooring.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    i think TS is looking for advice/solution/help etc.
    i dont think he is looking for project crossover jld.

what advice/solution/help, etc can you offer to the TS?
    Did I reply directly to TS or Ringgo post?
    Maybe you can look at my post again, thank you.

And now if you are asking my advice/solution on behalf TS, then I would say if within defect warranty period then take it up with developer to make good on it.

Does my answer satisfy you?

Thanks all who replied, whether relevant or not.

I am particularly looking for residents who bought arc of Tampines, Sea Esta in Pasir Ris Link, The Miltonia Residences in Miltonia Close and Vacanza@East in Lengkong Tujoh.

All of them are by the developer Hoi Hup Sunway.
    developer is not important, its the main contractor that you should be after. Ultimately, its the main and sub contractors that does the building work, not the developer.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Did I reply directly to TS or Ringgo post?
    Maybe you can look at my post again, thank you.

And now if you are asking my advice/solution on behalf TS, then I would say if within defect warranty period then take it up with developer to make good on it.

Does my answer satisfy you?
    isnt that a better answer than bringing project crossover into other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    isnt that a better answer than bringing project crossover into other threads.
    Bringing project crossover?!?!?! I beg your pardon and enlightenment...
    Did you really look at my post or just glanced thru and hastily/hopelessly (whatever you call it) reply me?

It was a sign-off or some calls it a signature.
    Am I right, no? Signing off with what I wrote is a contention for project cross over insinuation?

Oh wait I see you have 4k + postings and I have 200+ only.
    Newbie can't sign off? Hmmm house rules???

I see another thread Ringgo challenging reporter2 on house rules. Seniors only huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    developer is not important, its the main contractor that you should be after. Ultimately, its the main and sub contractors that does the building work, not the developer.
    I don't quite agree. Ultimately the developer should be responsible for delivering a quality product to their customers. Furthermore, the contract to deliver a housing unit is between buyers with the developer, not with the main contracter. Am not a lawyer; but if buyers want to sue for damages, they will have to sue the developer, in turn the developer will sue the main con and main con suing the sub con.

Bringing project crossover?!?!?! I beg your pardon and enlightenment...
    Did you really look at my post or just glanced thru and hastily/hopelessly (whatever you call it) reply me?

It was a sign-off or some calls it a signature.
    Am I right, no? Signing off with what I wrote is a contention for project cross over insinuation?

Oh wait I see you have 4k + postings and I have 200+ only.
    Newbie can't sign off? Hmmm house rules???

I see another thread Ringgo challenging reporter2 on house rules. Seniors only huh?
    still playing the newbie card?

how is this relevant to TS situation?
    You are the living example of what pollutants in the west can do to the brain.......
    couldnt you have included this in your 1st post in this thread?
    "And now if you are asking my advice/solution on behalf TS, then I would say if within defect warranty period then take it up with developer to make good on it." and leave the rest out, like pollutants in the west?

Quote Originally Posted by 081828 View Post
    I don't quite agree. Ultimately the developer should be responsible for delivering a quality product to their customers. Furthermore, the contract to deliver a housing unit is between buyers with the developer, not with the main contracter. Am not a lawyer; but if buyers want to sue for damages, they will have to sue the developer, in turn the developer will sue the main con and main con suing the sub con.
    The main cons are the one suppose to deal with all defects in the condo, developers are not directly involve in rectifying the problem because they have paid their main con to do the job.

A developers like mcc land could use different contractor for different project and the outcome could varies from project to project, in this case it's to do with poor workmanship by the main con, not the developer unless developer cheat you on the material or main con push the blame to developer.

In your handbook you will find the name of the contractor and supplier for everything and they are there for this reason.

Default my one cent advice

can't understand why I come back to this forum. a few forummers met last Sunday at east lover's dream house. all of us agreed, the quality of this forum is deteriorating badly.

my advice to you
    you first need to establish is it a common problem or isolated problem of your unit.

also, unknown to me when is your Top? and whether DLP has ended.

isolated problem of your unit: I supposed you have filed in the defect list, insist on further extension of the DLP.

keep photo evidence of all defects and set up a proper record of all work and documentation.

if it is a common problem, must have a class action with AGM to approve. Process is complex. I am lazy to write, pm me if you are serious in the matter.

you must initiate the inspection of common properties as well. I see the problem is far more than just your unit

By the way, HH has been using straits construction as main con for most, if not, all their projects. The same guys are behind HH and straits construction.

If I'm not wrong, miltonia residence and sea Esta have not been completed yet. The arc at tampines should be close to completion or completed.

Hey guys! Please cool it. I don't understand what some of you are arguing about. Seems like there is some politics going on.

I'm new here and I only wish to search for solutions to a real problem. So please keep this thread clean. Thanks.

The flooring problem is not due to any water leak or piping issues. This has been verified many times. It's a complicated and frustrating journey. But enough to say there is strong evidence to highly suspect the wood is the culprit but Hoi Hup has continually denied it.

In fact, I would advice everyone to avoid this developer at all costs. They gave us cheap quality fittings, poor workmanship and all sorts of silly excuses for faults they should have taken better responsibility for.

So if anyone experience the same wood flooring problem, please do email [email protected]. Thanks.

What i did was last time is to issue a lawyer letter to the developer with the intend to rectify the issues on my own and would charge back to the developer.

Once that letter was sent, everything was fixed in an acceptable level.

why dont you do the same?

Hey guys! Please cool it. I don't understand what some of you are arguing about. Seems like there is some politics going on.

I'm new here and I only wish to search for solutions to a real problem. So please keep this thread clean. Thanks.

The flooring problem is not due to any water leak or piping issues. This has been verified many times. It's a complicated and frustrating journey. But enough to say there is strong evidence to highly suspect the wood is the culprit but Hoi Hup has continually denied it.

In fact, I would advice everyone to avoid this developer at all costs. They gave us cheap quality fittings, poor workmanship and all sorts of silly excuses for faults they should have taken better responsibility for.

So if anyone experience the same wood flooring problem, please do email [email protected]. Thanks.

Hi AndreChon,

I encountered water seepage and fungal infestation in my parquet previously. And went through several layers and months of investigative work etc.

This is certainly due to water seepage... can see the water marks, perhaps fungal as well, as well as bulging paintwork in your 3rd photo. However your photos are too restrictive so gave to guess at some parts.

My suggestions: (esp in case you have not done this yet)

1. You must be present at all repair works to see whether enough strips are removed. And to see what is behind those strips - fungal or not. The skirting and floor strips must be totally removed. If needed even the paintwork adjacent must be scrapped off. In addition, below the floor strips, sometimes there may also be a layer of board to elevate the floor... remove affected portions too.

2. Must leave the area to dry for a few days before replacing. Troublesome for contractor and you but no choice.

3. If the affected area is near windows, check for leakage and unseen seepage through the corners as well as the aluminium frames. The aluminium frame just borders the plain concrete wall. There are hollow spaces in between that need to be filled up with chemical foam which they inject into the frames at regular intervals before sealing up. Knock along the whole frame including the top! Must not be hollow. During downpour, must physically check for seepage as well as feel for differential temperature and moisture. This is the ultimate stress test.

4. If the affected area is not near or far away from windows, check to see if there are hidden drainage pipes (interpret from floor plans) or near to toilets etc. You will be surprised. One of my hidden drainage pipes leaked at the joints. On our advice, already quite expert then, we asked them to break the wall, a column of water was found in the enclosed hidden space - drained off and repaired the joint.

5. If you really suspect the wood is wet, tell them to leave the exposed area to dry and leave the woods behind to dry. Maybe you also want to dry it too with hairdryer etc?

6. Unfortunately lots of these work are delegated down from main con to subcon to foreman to foreign worker with sometimes language barrier to boot. While you can concurrently adopt kellog's good suggestion, currently nothing beats personal supervision to get the thing done with minimal repeats. Just got to emphasise to everyone that this is the approach you want to take for everyone's sake.

Got lots of other defects experience too unfortunately... hope the above is somewhat relevant for you.

Enjoy your new place defect-free soon.

Cheers,
    lifeline
    Last edited by lifeline; 06-04-14 at 16:33.

http://www.hoihupsunway.com/projects.htm

Never really hear much complaints about the other projects. Is this an isolated incident?

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline View Post
    Hi AndreChon,

I encountered water seepage and fungal infestation in my parquet previously. And went through several layers and months of investigative work etc.
    Hi lifeline,

thanks so much for your useful suggestions.

But no, it's definitely not water seepage. It's been tested and proven. All tests done. There are more than 100 units in 2 residential developments by Hoi Hup at least that have been experiencing the same problem.

They have done EVERYTHING to no success. Only thing left is they always deny it's the wood problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    What i did was last time is to issue a lawyer letter to the developer with the intend to rectify the issues on my own and would charge back to the developer.

Once that letter was sent, everything was fixed in an acceptable level.

why dont you do the same?
    Thanks. Problem is not so simple as the developer is making life very difficult for everyone.

They have continually denied it's the wood problem but we have strong evidence to believe that it is.

Even if I get a lawyer's letter, they are not obliged to do anything different. They have constantly changed using the same unsuitable wood and the whole problem repeats itself.

The last resort is to sue them but this one is a big thing -- will cost $$$ and time.

Anyone any other options to suggest to me? Thank u!

Hi lifeline,

thanks so much for your useful suggestions.

But no, it's definitely not water seepage. It's been tested and proven. All tests done. There are more than 100 units in 2 residential developments by Hoi Hup at least that have been experiencing the same problem.

They have done EVERYTHING to no success. Only thing left is they always deny it's the wood problem.
    My theory is the concrete may have too much water and/or the wood flooring was laid too early when the concrete was still curing, thereby causing the wood to absorb the moisture. Fungi growth set after a few weeks and left the stains on the wood, which also shrunk after drying (when the concrete had completely cured).

Sue them... make it a big issue, splash over the media.

Monitor all their projects in SG, MY and wack.

Big boys bully retailers. Moreover they are MY company leeching SG money.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    My theory is the concrete may have too much water and/or the wood flooring was laid too early when the concrete was still curing, thereby causing the wood to absorb the moisture. Fungi growth set after a few weeks and left the stains on the wood, which also shrunk after drying (when the concrete had completely cured).
    All checked. None of those. Very likely the imported wood not suitable for use here.