Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any condo resident bought from developer Hoi Hup Sunway?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post
    Sue them... make it a big issue, splash over the media.

Monitor all their projects in SG, MY and wack.

Big boys bully retailers. Moreover they are MY company leeching SG money.
    Yes, trying to get them exposed. We are bullied.

Can I suggest that you approach Spring Singapore or one of those testing centres where they can do a proper test on the wood to determine if they have been correctly treated for use in our climate? I guess one of the owners may need to sacrifice a plank or two and the group of those affected pay towards the testing fees/charges.

This is one approach with concrete evidence of inferior or unsuitable material used that the developer or supplier will have to rectify or replace at their cost. Complaint can be submitted to BCA who regulate standards of our buildings here. The parties at fault can be barred or blacklisted.

Unity is strength and it is good to make things right.

Just a suggestion and I am not associated with BCA or Spring Singapore or any developers. Was told about wood treatment when shopping for a door once. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalms View Post
    Can I suggest that you approach Spring Singapore or one of those testing centres where they can do a proper test on the wood to determine if they have been correctly treated for use in our climate? I guess one of the owners may need to sacrifice a plank or two and the group of those affected pay towards the testing fees/charges.

This is one approach with concrete evidence of inferior or unsuitable material used that the developer or supplier will have to rectify or replace at their cost. Complaint can be submitted to BCA who regulate standards of our buildings here. The parties at fault can be barred or blacklisted.

Unity is strength and it is good to make things right.

Just a suggestion and I am not associated with BCA or Spring Singapore or any developers. Was told about wood treatment when shopping for a door once. Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks. Your suggestion is very useful. Oh, I didn't know Spring Singapore does such testing. Thought they deal only with setting up of businesses. We have the wood sample so maybe no hacking is required? I will check with them.

Actually, a resident has documentary evidence to show this wood is not suitable for our climate here. But the developer and manufacturer constantly denied it to be the case.

We have checked with BCA and they told us they are not in charge of internal fittings.

HDB says they are not responsible for the defects as it is not part of the DBSS contract.

The MPs have not been helpful in the case also.

Many have told us to take legal action against the developer Hoi Hup Sunway. But we foresee it will cost a lot of money and time. Many can't afford it. Moreover, even if we win, we will get back only a fraction of the legal fees paid.

If there are any lawyers or others who can advise us, we would appreciate your kind help.

We feel cheated by this developer. Really regretted buying from them. They have given us no end of problems since day 1 with their poor quality fittings and workmanship.