Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $1.80 chicken rice

Quote Originally Posted by pmet View Post
    The $3.50 horfun looks nice! Back to topic, I was actually referring to zichar so hawker centrer is obviously cheaper. Hawker centers are owned by govt and rental is largely kept in check (they only have to deal with increasing food prices). However, zichar (coffeeshops) have to deal with increasing rental from greedy coffeeshop owners. Also must depend on where lar but it's safe to say that on the whole, prices are going up at an unsustainable rate. Can't expect everyone to travel around hunting for cheap food right?

Very soon hawker center also will increase price. Why leh? You said greedy syndrome what!
    For me, I will not go round hunting for cheap food just to save $0.50 or $1. Provided the food is very nice, then maybe occasionally will patronise the stall even though it is far away. Is just happen this stall is near my office and is always very long queue during lunch time, you must be patient and have time, sometimes can wait up to 30 mins.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Portion looks very small (with such shallow plate)...

[QUOTE=irisng;470926]
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post

Hor Fun $3.50 per plate, yummy yummy.
    Owner : Singaporean
    Price increase only this year, previously was $3.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...1&d=1396521951

[QUOTE=teddybear;471116]Portion looks very small (with such shallow plate)...

Shallow bowl for shallow person like you is just nice.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

I am old but still doesn't seem can fill my stomach, let alone for younger people?

Though looks little but is not little at all. Is more than enough for me. The gravy cover all the kuay teow and the Kuay teow are all in big pcs. Not Ipoh hor fun type hor.

I tot I saw quite a number of S$1.80 range of chicken rice with good servings in Johor. S$1.80 in Singapore is very difficult. You have to pity the staff for accepting low pay but serve many customers so that the boss can cover his costs.

Funny times we are in. People want cheap food. expect large large all u can eat portion, expect gourmet standard, expect local chef n waitress n also expect they be paid well.

I really wonder how this can happen?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Funny times we are in. People want cheap food. expect large large all u can eat portion, expect gourmet standard, expect local chef n waitress n also expect they be paid well.

I really wonder how this can happen?
    lower rental?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    lower rental?
    why must the landloard take a hit? landlord also have mouth to feed.? lower rental dont mean stall owner will pass on the lower cost either.

There are many food stalls or food business who own their own shops or stalls. I dont see $1.50 food from them either.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

why must the landloard take a hit? landlord also have mouth to feed.? lower rental dont mean stall owner will pass on the lower cost either.

There are many food stalls or food business who own their own shops or stalls. I dont see $1.50 food from them either.
    how much rental does a landlord needs to feed the mouth?

I suppose most of us here are landlords. Are we willing to rent out our units at so much lower than the market price unless for special reasons. Only govt will subsidize the rental, I don't think private sector will do that unless they are very generous, rent out their units, wiling to earn lesser and help others to earn more profit. Like was mention earlier by someone, even the rental is reduced, will the tenants willing to share the benefit with the consumers but one thing for sure is, when the rental goes up, the cost will pass it to the consumers, likewise we always see the price of the food goes up but never see it comes down.

One thing I'm puzzled with, can FW consider as cheap labour, if it is, why is there inflation, labour cost is cheap leh. I came across a stall, within 1 year, adjust the price twice. Isn't this is man-made inflation? If it is caused by weather that causes the shortage of food, then is acceptable but currently it doesn't seem to be the case. But looks like from Jan'14 this year, I come across, lots of the food stalls have adjusted the prices, why? Last year adjust, this year adjust again.

Default there is so-called policy-induced inflation

You must understand, there is so-called policy-induced inflation, like "foreign workers levy", "foreign maids levy" etc! All these not only resulted in higher costs to us BUT yet ensure that for the additional amount we paid, we get less-skilled and lousier workers! All these levies should actually be removed once and for all and these levies amount should be paid to workers to ensure we get more efficient and more skilled workers! This will raises productivity and be better for the economy as a whole!

Similarly, there is also policy-induced inflation/price increases for property, like the ABSD ranging up to 15% for property purchases. When buyer have to foot the 15% ABSD, do you think they will sell their property in future without factoring in the 15% ABSD? No right? Then, you expect future property prices to be up at least 15% + their expected profits or down? If this is not policy-induced inflation then what is?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    I suppose most of us here are landlords. Are we willing to rent out our units at so much lower than the market price unless for special reasons. Only govt will subsidize the rental, I don't think private sector will do that unless they are very generous, rent out their units, wiling to earn lesser and help others to earn more profit. Like was mention earlier by someone, even the rental is reduced, will the tenants willing to share the benefit with the consumers but one thing for sure is, when the rental goes up, the cost will pass it to the consumers, likewise we always see the price of the food goes up but never see it comes down.

One thing I'm puzzled with, can FW consider as cheap labour, if it is, why is there inflation, labour cost is cheap leh. I came across a stall, within 1 year, adjust the price twice. Isn't this is man-made inflation? If it is caused by weather that causes the shortage of food, then is acceptable but currently it doesn't seem to be the case. But looks like from Jan'14 this year, I come across, lots of the food stalls have adjusted the prices, why? Last year adjust, this year adjust again.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    how much rental does a landlord needs to feed the mouth?
    Well everyone want to benefit why the landlord cannot benefit leh? Anyway a good example is like the east coast Hay Mee shop famous 1 no need to say where. they own the place. Their Hay Mee got $2 a not? BO mah!. actually its even more ex than coffee shops!

So? landlord or not dont guaranteed cheaper food.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    You must understand, there is so-called policy-induced inflation, like "foreign workers levy", "foreign maids levy" etc! All these not only resulted in higher costs to us BUT yet ensure that for the additional amount we paid, we get less-skilled and lousier workers! All these levies should actually be removed once and for all and these levies amount should be paid to workers to ensure we get more efficient and more skilled workers! This will raises productivity and be better for the economy as a whole!

Similarly, there is also policy-induced inflation/price increases for property, like the ABSD ranging up to 15% for property purchases. When buyer have to foot the 15% ABSD, do you think they will sell their property in future without factoring in the 15% ABSD? No right? Then, you expect future property prices to be up at least 15% + their expected profits or down? If this is not policy-induced inflation then what is?
    so u smart alec is suggesting what? let the stall get free flow of Foreign work force? or U mean u ok with lowe FT so call depressing Singaporean pay? all fo the sudden you not XENOPHOBIC LIAO?

dont PRATA leh.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Let's be clear about this: I am just pointing out policy-induced problems and mistakes here, and you can't deny that I am stating real facts about real problems caused by policies implemented.

As to your question about I will suggest to solve the problems, that is the typical reply I expect from lacky like you as though I am paid several millions $ a year to do the job to solve their problems, especially ones that are caused by their own implemented policies? No right? So please go ask them to solve the problems themselves!

so u smart alec is suggesting what? let the stall get free flow of Foreign work force? or U mean u ok with lowe FT so call depressing Singaporean pay? all fo the sudden you not XENOPHOBIC LIAO?

dont PRATA leh.

Let's be clear about this: I am just pointing out policy-induced problems and mistakes here, and you can't deny that I am stating real facts about real problems caused by policies implemented.

As to your question about I will suggest to solve the problems, that is the typical reply I expect from lacky like you as though I am paid several millions $ a year to do the job to solve their problems, especially ones that are caused by their own implemented policies? No right? So please go ask them to solve the problems themselves!
    I am also pointing out ur inconsistency on where the only consistency u have is just critic .

So all u can do is critic. What solution can u offer may I ask Mr wise ?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

What is the problem with being a critic since I am just pointing out facts about policy-induced inflation and problems? You not happy? Then, there is nothing much I can do since I am just pointing out facts, which are too hard for you to bear..............................

And my reply to the ridiculous question "What solution can u offer" I hear from lacky like you is:
    Why do I need to offer solution when I am not paid to do the job?

I am also pointing out ur inconsistency on where the only consistency u have is just critic .

So all u can do is critic. What solution can u offer may I ask Mr wise ?

What is the problem with being a critic since I am just pointing out facts about policy-induced inflation and problems? You not happy? Then, there is nothing much I can do since I am just pointing out facts, which are too hard for you to bear..............................

And my reply to the ridiculous question "What solution can u offer" I hear from lacky like you is:
    Why do I need to offer solution when I am not paid to do the job?
    wats wrong point out ur critics are just nonsense noise without solution? Cannot handle it? Can be a critic abt cannot accept people asking questions on ur critics?

I am also pointing out facts u cannot tahan?

LOL!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

You have asked 2 contradictory questions here:
    1) Your critics are just nonsense noise
    2) Without solution

If your statement (1) is true, then please point out why foreign workers' levy and ABSD are not causing policy-induction inflation/price increases (for nothing) as your counter-argument.

If your statement (1) is true, then there cannot be solution and you are such idiot to ask me for solution for (1)?

Regardless of whatever you say, foreign workers' levy and ABSD existed and is and will continue to cause problems. You can point out facts but do not twist and turn and point to your own personal opinions and statements as "facts".

wats wrong point out ur critics are just nonsense noise without solution? Cannot handle it? Can be a critic abt cannot accept people asking questions on ur critics?

I am also pointing out facts u cannot tahan?

LOL!

You have asked 2 contradictory questions here:
    1) Your critics are just nonsense noise
    2) Without solution

If your statement (1) is true, then please point out why foreign workers' levy and ABSD are not causing policy-induction inflation/price increases (for nothing) as your counter-argument.

If your statement (1) is true, then there cannot be solution and you are such idiot to ask me for solution for (1)?

Regardless of whatever you say, foreign workers' levy and ABSD existed and is and will continue to cause problems. You can point out facts but do not twist and turn and point to your own personal opinions and statements as "facts".

I am sorry you feel that way. I gues s you are those 5 a dime critic. All noise for the sake of noise sort?

Policies are all intertwined. So you are suddenly non XENOPHOBIC? I thought your Critics was in the past no FT? can you 1st sort out ur critics before just picking 1 or 2 items to critic then prata again and critic again for sake of critic?

Pretty confusing to read ur critics. Oh sorry my expectations perhaps was too high for a 5 a dime sort criticism right? My apologies if my expectations far exceed what you can critic.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

The statement have a point . . . .

Typical of no-brain lacky statement, what can we say?
    Implemented policies that result in other problems, then the lacky will say "Policies are all intertwined" to justify that their mistakes.
    Then, turn around and ask us for "solution" otherwise do not "criticise", as though we must have "solutions" to the problems they themselves created then we can criticise.
    Ask you: Is "problem" not a "problem" unless we have "solution" to your problem? Why must have solution then can criticise the problems caused? So typical of responses from no-brain idiotic lacky like you!

I am sorry you feel that way. I gues s you are those 5 a dime critic. All noise for the sake of noise sort?

Policies are all intertwined. So you are suddenly non XENOPHOBIC? I thought your Critics was in the past no FT? can you 1st sort out ur critics before just picking 1 or 2 items to critic then prata again and critic again for sake of critic?

Pretty confusing to read ur critics. Oh sorry my expectations perhaps was too high for a 5 a dime sort criticism right? My apologies if my expectations far exceed what you can critic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiwara View Post
    The statement have a point . . . .
    But the levy for FW and foreign maids is there since day 1 and there doesn't seem to have inflation during that time, only recent years, sellers start to adjust prices again and again, giving reasons that everything goes up, so where actually the inflation comes from? Does ABSD applies to commercial ppty and hawkers stalls or is it that it applies to residential ppty only?

Typical of no-brain lacky statement, what can we say?
    Implemented policies that result in other problems, then the lacky will say "Policies are all intertwined" to justify that their mistakes.
    Then, turn around and ask us for "solution" otherwise do not "criticise", as though we must have "solutions" to the problems they themselves created then we can criticise.
    Ask you: Is "problem" not a "problem" unless we have "solution" to your problem? Why must have solution then can criticise the problems caused? So typical of responses from no-brain idiotic lacky like you!

Oh really? Don't see value in ur critics means lackey? Are then the crazy one barking ard problems and no solution.

BTW What the hack maid levy have to do with cost of food? Ur maid go work in food stalls?

And ABSD what do that have to do with food? Coz its not apply on commercial properties and industrial properties. You are just trying to confuse people with your usual BS critics.

again its show the shallowness of your critics just for sake or critics ? framing its not even a critics. more like trying to confuse people.

Frankly your noise are not even critics. I apologize I retract. They are just whinning noise. for sake of whining. you are not even worth a Dime !

its like noise.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH