Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Coco Palms

Quote Originally Posted by Ferogi View Post
    Does anyone know when's the earliest we can move into coco palms? I'm hoping it's early to mid 2018.
    I reckon mid 2018. Anything earlier is bonus. Early 2018 is not impossible. Some projects, once stage one starts, takes 3 to 3.5 years to complete (usually closer to 3 yrs)

Coco palms stage 1 is June 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    I reckon mid 2018. Anything earlier is bonus. Early 2018 is not impossible. Some projects, once stage one starts, takes 3 to 3.5 years to complete (usually closer to 3 yrs)

Coco palms stage 1 is June 2015.
    Thanks for the info. Wish it's 2018 in a blink!

Hi neighbour,

I too got a unit on launch day @ stack 07. Can wave at you across the lagoon next time.

Hi guys,

I got a unit on stack 47 (main lagoon pool facing) on may 17th launch day. Buying to stay, not rent. Nice to meet other Coco Palms owners here, if there is any

Neighbours of Coco Palms,

17th May is the day we braved thru the rain, sun and long balloting process for at least 3 hours and waited past midnight for the OTP to be issued, just to be one of the 944 owners in Coco Palms. Our perseverance paid off as the Coco Palms price increased by 1% the very next day.

Coco Palms facebook group was set up to gather all neighbours by simply follow the link
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/cocopalms/

I bought a unit at stack 22 on 17 May too. Our numbers were called about an hour after the balloting started & there was a wide choice for me .. It was such an exciting day for us. I'm keen to join the Facebook group but can anyone advise me if my posts, if any, is going to show up on newsfeed/timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by kye View Post
    I bought a unit at stack 22 on 17 May too. Our numbers were called about an hour after the balloting started & there was a wide choice for me .. It was such an exciting day for us. I'm keen to join the Facebook group but can anyone advise me if my posts, if any, is going to show up on newsfeed/timeline?
    There were an estimated of 100-150 names called before my turn. When I reached the booking counter, most of the stacks I wanted were close to fully sold out with a few stacks not released for booking (e.g stack 29).

So I "settled" for stack 47

There were an estimated of 100-150 names called before my turn. When I reached the booking counter, most of the stacks I wanted were close to fully sold out with a few stacks not released for booking (e.g stack 29).

Settled? 47 is right in front of the lagoon. I believe the price to be higher than others .. lol ..

What was the psf for that stack?

Settled? 47 is right in front of the lagoon. I believe the price to be higher than others .. lol ..
    Because 47 wasn't in my consideration at first. Was looking at stack 37 earlier, the one facing the 50M lap pool. But the price of stack 37 vs 47 is really close.

Stack 47 $PSF from lowest floor: estimated from $1000

The 2 bedder on the higher floors are 1m++ really expensive

Because 47 wasn't in my consideration at first. Was looking at stack 37 earlier, the one facing the 50M lap pool. But the price of stack 37 vs 47 is really close.

Stack 47 $PSF from lowest floor: estimated from $1000

The 2 bedder on the higher floors are 1m++ really expensive
    47 is the best stack for the 2 bedders..you have made an excellent choice. does 1k start from the ground level? Coz the ground level floor area bigger when u factor in the pes..so the psf for ground level is usually cheaper. I m wondering the average price for a mid floor for that stack..coz it would have been my choice if I have brought one.

Huh coco palms 2 bedders on higher floor is estimated to be 1 million??

Quote Originally Posted by yl View Post
    47 is the best stack for the 2 bedders..you have made an excellent choice. does 1k start from the ground level? Coz the ground level floor area bigger when u factor in the pes..so the psf for ground level is usually cheaper. I m wondering the average price for a mid floor for that stack..coz it would have been my choice if I have brought one.

Huh coco palms 2 bedders on higher floor is estimated to be 1 million??
    Between 47 and 07 (both stacks have the best facing in Coco palms), 47 is better as nearer to MRT side. People on stack 07 or nearby need to make big detour to reach the side gate leading to MRT, because of the big lagoon in the middle.

Also, 07 have ground units and walk way in front of these units.. privacy is reduced, even with a 1.2m (IIRC) wall.

47 starts from 2nd floor, no ground unit. The lagoon pool extends to the 2nd floor unit's balcony, no walk way at all in between. So literally speaking, the owner of this unit can dive into the pool from his/her balcony

If I can recall correctly, I saw 9th floor of stack 47, 1.05million for a 2bedder.. Haha damn expensive. The lowest floor unit of stack 47 (2nd floor) is only 760k+

Stack 22 wouldn't be my choice if I hadn't had to consider many factors, ie facing, afternoon sun, away from drive 1 main road, away from lagoon, price, etc. We brought my mil & mom to the show flat yesterday and my mil was grouchy why I chose 22. C'mon 22 isn't that bad, my unit is on high floor! The units left after 17 May was on level 1-3. The rest were all taken.

Stack 22 wouldn't be my choice if I hadn't had to consider many factors, ie facing, afternoon sun, away from drive 1 main road, away from lagoon, price, etc. We brought my mil & mom to the show flat yesterday and my mil was grouchy why I chose 22. C'mon 22 isn't that bad, my unit is on high floor! The units left after 17 May was on level 1-3. The rest were all taken.
    Congrats on your purchase bro, the older generations always have something to say so I don't bother much

Default Curious

Hi I am curious. How about the lease? Is it refill by CDL or it stays as it is.

Is this for own stay right? top floor rocks..great view..but the noises from the surrounding might be a bane if near busy road..

Am staying in top floor ...a bit western sun. As mine is not facing main road..still very quiet. but i hate the west sun...its very hot at times...

I think mentality of older generation the same....our parents said the same thing too...no west sun! i kinda understand why after living in one...but then again why bother what they think? Although they have interests at heart...what it matter most is that you love your unit.

btw how much is the psf for this layout? i like the enclosed kitchen concept but think it will be highly sought after.

[QUOTE=
    If I can recall correctly, I saw 9th floor of stack 47, 1.05million for a 2bedder.. Haha damn expensive. The lowest floor unit of stack 47 (2nd floor) is only 760k+[/QUOTE]

Not so much, the 11th floor of stack 47 was going for just under $800K, on 17th May, after all the "discounts".

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Hi I am curious. How about the lease? Is it refill by CDL or it stays as it is.
    it stays as it is...

unless u are thinking of resale only after the 20 years..the lease years shouldn't be an issue. but the resale buyer might use that to negotiate for a lower price.

it stays as it is...

unless u are thinking of resale only after the 20 years..the lease years shouldn't be an issue. but the resale buyer might use that to negotiate for a lower price.
    Thanks. Then the price should be lower to justify that.

Thanks. Then the price should be lower to justify that.
    That was what I was thinking too. To me the property have "aged" by 10 years by the time it TOP. If it was priced lower, I think is more reasonable.

For homeowners the possibility of staying there for over 2 decades is highly possible before they upgrade/downgrade since the cost of replacement will be high i.e. if the property market is good, their unit can sell at a higher price..their replacement unit should be at an even higher price since they are upgrading. Hence they might be at a disadvantage. But this is the thinking of someone buying for own stay lar.

For investment purposes... I was told it is a good entry price. Hence I suspect a lot of people buy to rent out.

Me...I am looking mainly for own stay and thus after factoring a lot of considerations, I went for a project much more livable although slightly further away from the mrt.

That was what I was thinking too. To me the property have "aged" by 10 years by the time it TOP. If it was priced lower, I think is more reasonable.

For homeowners the possibility of staying there for over 2 decades is highly possible before they upgrade/downgrade. Hence they might be at a disadvantage. But this is the thinking of someone buying for own stay lar.

For investment purposes... I was told it is a good entry price. Hence I suspect a lot of people buy to rent out.

Me...I am looking mainly for own stay and thus after factoring a lot of considerations, I went for a project much more livable although further away from the mrt.
    I may be sound negative; do you reckon rental market to be healthy when there are so many units available within and outside of this development? For this issue, we have many new developments coming up within that area and not forgetting nearby HDBs.

Is this for own stay right? top floor rocks..great view..but the noises from the surrounding might be a bane if near busy road..

Am staying in top floor ...a bit western sun. As mine is not facing main road..still very quiet. but i hate the west sun...its very hot at times...

I think mentality of older generation the same....our parents said the same thing too...no west sun! i kinda understand why after living in one...but then again why bother what they think? Although they have interests at heart...what it matter most is that you love your unit.

btw how much is the psf for this layout? i like the enclosed kitchen concept but think it will be highly sought after.
    Yes I intend to live in coco myself. The sun doesn't bother me that much as both of us are working & reaches home after the sun sets. We will probably be home 1 out of 7 days .. So I left it to hubby to decide and short list the stacks. I'm quite upset but ah yeh I do love my unit so I'm going to chuck what mil criticized to the back of my mind. But both of my moms think well of the deco. The showrooms are indeed awesome.

I paid $1023/psf. My first choice was the closed concept kitchen cos I do cook on weekends. I cannot stand clutters so the open is out for me, though I agree it makes the living/dining area more spacious. I need to build storage space though. I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze all the stuff I have in my HDB 4room into the 2br unit.

Yes I intend to live in coco myself. The sun doesn't bother me that much as both of us are working & reaches home after the sun sets. We will probably be home 1 out of 7 days .. So I left it to hubby to decide and short list the stacks. I'm quite upset but ah yeh I do love my unit so I'm going to chuck what mil criticized to the back of my mind. But both of my moms think well of the deco. The showrooms are indeed awesome.

I paid $1023/psf. My first choice was the closed concept kitchen cos I do cook on weekends. I cannot stand clutters so the open is out for me, though I agree it makes the living/dining area more spacious. I need to build storage space though. I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze all the stuff I have in my HDB 4room into the 2br unit.
    Hi...What is the size of the 2br unit and how much do you paid for? You buying 2nd property? or exchange HDB with this private unit? Any kids etc?

Congrats on your purchase bro, the older generations always have something to say so I don't bother much
    Thanks!! We are happy we managed to get a unit here and at high floor. I know mothers think well but we cannot please everyone.

I may be sound negative; do you reckon rental market to be healthy when there are so many units available within and outside of this development? For this issue, we have many new developments coming up within that area and not forgetting nearby HDBs.
    Yes it will be. the competition of nearby units with similar attributes means the rental is going to be depressed.. imagine the surrounding projects have around 4k units in total. just do the maths.

So...i feel the projects in pasir ris should be meant for own stay better.

Even for as for investment wise, maybe better grab something that is more niche..more bargain power. i.e. Vue 8 right next to OSF...since the parents of OSF highly unlikely take mrt. how to fight?

But don't flame me please... in case some forummers think otherwise.

Yes it will be. the competition of nearby units with similar attributes means the rental is going to be depressed.. imagine the surrounding projects have around 4k units in total. just do the maths.

So...i feel the projects in pasir ris should be meant for own stay better.

Even for as for investment wise, maybe better grab something that is more niche..more bargain power. i.e. Vue 8 right next to OSF...since the parents of OSF highly unlikely take mrt. how to fight?

But don't flame me please... in case some forummers think otherwise.
    It should be alright since you enter knowing what's going on and you have already aligned your expectation.

thats great! as long as you love your unit..why bother right? Older generations always try their best to advice...but they didn't realise that their words might come across as criticism. we also always kenna the same..

nonetheless, i am sure they have your interests at heart. I think your hb have made a good choice! as i said...high floor really rocks! really it is...i love the view from high floor. if hot then just on aircon..no problem one. honestly, of all the designs for 2 bedders..the enclosed one made the best efficient use of interior space...especially with the planter ledge in the kitchen. Remember to take photos of the showroom..can copy the id ideas n get your id to do the same.

Hi...What is the size of the 2br unit and how much do you paid for? You buying 2nd property? or exchange HDB with this private unit? Any kids etc?
    743sqf at $760,500. We have only one kid. Yes this is our second property.

743sqf at $760,500. We have only one kid. Yes this is our second property.
    Congratulates. Mind if I ask one more - do you pay ABSD? How old are you and your husband. How old is your kid? If bought for own stay, how do you settle the schooling?

thats great! as long as you love your unit..why bother right? Older generations always try their best to advice...but they didn't realise that their words might come across as criticism. we also always kenna the same..

nonetheless, i am sure they have your interests at heart. I think your hb have made a good choice! as i said...high floor really rocks! really it is...i love the view from high floor. if hot then just on aircon..no problem one. honestly, of all the designs for 2 bedders..the enclosed one made the best efficient use of interior space...especially with the planter ledge in the kitchen. Remember to take photos of the showroom..can copy the id ideas n get your id to do the same.
    No!! They didn't allow photo taking!! I can only remember so much and the only thing that reminds us of the ID touch are the pictures on the brochures. Anyway my home loan with ocbc entitles me to 3 yr interest free installments. I'll probably engage ID for the touch ups before we move in.