Thread: HDB launches 576 build-to-order flats in Yishun

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default HDB launches 576 build-to-order flats in Yishun

HDB launches 576 build-to-order flats in Yishun

By Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 18 March 2008 1343 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Housing and Development Board (HDB) is offering 576 two-, three- and four-room flats in Yishun for sale under the Build-To-Order (BTO) system.

Jade Spring @ Yishun, Phase 2 is the second BTO launch for this year. The prices of units at Jade Spring range from S$77,000 to S$253,000.

The HDB said the public can look forward to five more BTO launches - including two in Punggol, two in Sengkang and one in Woodlands – from now till June.

Jade Spring is located at the junction of Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Avenue 11.

The site is also near the town centre where the MRT station, Northpoint Shopping Centre and future Khoo Teck Puat Hospital are located.

Interested applicants have until 31 March to apply. - CNA/ac

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: HDB launches 576 build-to-order flats in Yishun

Salute to HDB, not like those coward developers trying to hold their launches. I cannot get a HDB due to some reasons. I am eyeing at some of their projects but it seems like i have to wait even longer.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Salute to HDB, not like those coward developers trying to hold their launches. I cannot get a HDB due to some reasons. I am eyeing at some of their projects but it seems like i have to wait even longer.
    HDB is value for money. Sure can sell and big crowd waiting to buy. They have four more to go at Sengkang and Punggol.

Only a few percentage of locals are interested in non-landed private housing, most of the buyers are foreigners who actually invest here. We can leave the developers to them.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

March 19, 2008

HDB launches 576-unit Yishun project

By Jessica Cheam

THE Housing Board yesterday launched 576 build-to-order (BTO) flats in Yishun for sale and also named the sites of upcoming sales projects - a first for the board.

Five more BTO launches - two each in Punggol and Sengkang and one in Woodlands - will be held from now until June. Flats under the scheme are built only when a certain demand is reached.

The HDB also announced yesterday that the application period for all BTO and balloting sales exercises has been cut from three weeks to two with immediate effect.

This is because the 'vast majority of applications are submitted within two weeks of a launch', it said.

HDB's new launch - Jade Spring @ Yishun Phase 2 - is the second BTO sale this year.

It offers 36 two-room units, priced from $77,000 to $97,000, and 72 three-roomers that will cost between $124,000 and $141,000.

There are also 468 four-room flats, which will go from $189,000 to $253,000.

By 5pm yesterday, the HDB's website had recorded 247 applications. Names can be lodged until March 31.

The project is at the junction of Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Avenue 11, and is near Yishun town centre, the MRT station and the upcoming Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.

It is also not far from Lower Seletar Reservoir, which the national water agency PUB has singled out for transformation under its Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters programme.

Last year, the HDB also announced plans to rejuvenate Yishun with a host of new housing, commercial and recreational developments.

Plans include a revamp of the bus interchange, which will be integrated with a shopping complex and new homes.

An exhibition of Jade Spring @ Yishun Phase 2 can be viewed at HDB Hub's Habitat Forum in Toa Payoh.

The latest launch and the five scheduled over the next three months are in line with HDB's previous announcement to launch 4,500 BTO flats in the first half of this year to meet the recent high demand for public homes.